We're Going To The Group Stages!

Alan_R

C'mon folks little bit of optimism. Lets get on the happy juice! I reckon there is a chance we could pull this one off. :ninja:

Redknapp knows that the league comes first and foremost and has confirmed he will utilise his younger players for European action.

"The young lads will get plenty of games in the Europa League because, otherwise, I think it?s a killer, to be frank,? explained Redknapp."

Is it possible!? You never know...

MON THE HEARTS! :flagwave:

If they play their reserves it'll still be hard. But doable. I wish we were at home in the second leg though. If we win the first, they won't play a reserve team again.

there could be a rethink for the play-off round seeing as it's a scottish team. then after they've blootered us they'll play the stiffs/lads.

Loving that the optomists thread has had 3 replies!!!

You never know - it's a funny ol' game. Great tie for us no matter what.

If we beat them - big big IF - how good would it be to dent a bit of the EPL myth!

Unfortunately if the tie is somehow in the balance after the first leg, Arry will throw in a few first team players to make sure.

Spurs are the Hibs of English football. delusions of grandeur, overshadowed by other clubs in ths same city, never win any trophies of import and tedious fans who bang on about their 'style' of football. Don't like the physical approach and coached by a semi-literate orang-utan who has been taught how to gibber cockney and platuitudes. Only ever won anything of note when they were graciously allowed the use of Dave Mackay.

Impostors, and a comfortable Hearts aggregate victory beckons.

We just tore the 2nd best team in Hungary to shreds FACT

Gareth Bale has no visible tattoos FACT

Ryan Stevenson has loads FACT

We won more friendlies against Spurs than they have against us FACT (W3, D 4, L2)

We have never lost a competitive matche against Spurs FACT (W1, D 1, L0)

We're from the capital, they're from a shithole FACT & FACT

Chas & Dave have now split up FACT

Alan sugar is a **** whose computers were rubbish FACT

William Gallas is a Spurs Player FACT

If they play their reserves it'll still be hard. But doable. I wish we were at home in the second leg though. If we win the first, they won't play a reserve team again.

aye for sure. Away leg first would have been nice.

Napoleon  Wilson

We just tore the 2nd best team in Hungary to shreds FACT

Gareth Bale has no visible tattoos FACT

Ryan Stevenson has loads FACT

We won more friendlies against Spurs than they have against us FACT (W3, D 4, L2)

We have never lost a competitive matche against Spurs FACT (W1, D 1, L0)

We're from the capital, they're from a shithole FACT & FACT

Chas & Dave have now split up FACT

Alan sugar is a **** whose computers were rubbish FACT

William Gallas is a Spurs Player FACT

I like the cut of your jibe friend :thumbsup:

linkin- hearts

I'm delighted, there was a minute when I thought we were going to get a good team :whistling:

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

Spurs got to the last 8 of the Champions League last season and they absolutely shagged Inter Milan.

We have 0 chance.

heartsfc_fan

I'm pretty sure Danny Grainger and Kyle Naughton were both at Gretna at the same time.

There's a wee fact (if it's true!)

Gigolo-Aunt

We really need to be aware of complacency, its a two leg affair, we need to remember that no matter how much we win by in the first leg, its a 180 minutes game.

Spurs are a decent side, they deserve our respect.

Spurs got to the last 8 of the Champions League last season and they absolutely shagged Inter Milan.

We have 0 chance.

No git the hang of this optimism lark I see.

And I'm pretty sure we're a better team than Inter.

Tommy Wiseau

We really need to be aware of complacency, its a two leg affair, we need to remember that no matter how much we win by in the first leg, its a 180 minutes game.

Spot on. You and I both know that all we have to do is turn up, but the players must take a professional attitude and silence that London crowd.

I would also look to bring in Kestutis Ivaskevicius for this one due to his history of giving Cafu Hutton the full 8 inches, bone dry. Jet him in for a blockbuster deal plz Mr Romanov. :thumbsup:

:Agree:

meester paulo will have to do his homework right. better safe than sorry.

No git the hang of this optimism lark I see.

And I'm pretty sure we're a better team than Inter.

laugh.gif

The 0 chance was me being optimistic.

Gigolo-Aunt

Spot on. You and I both know that all we have to do is turn up, but the players must take a professional attitude and silence that London crowd.

I would also look to bring in Kestutis Ivaskevicius for this one due to his history of giving Cafu Hutton the full 8 inches, bone dry. Jet him in for a blockbuster deal plz Mr Romanov. :thumbsup:

Tell you what, that's a great call.

Know I mentioned respecting them, but I would be a little disappointed if some of the younger players never got a run out, Francis.

Think we should be looking at playing Robinson and Dennis in the middle of the park.

Tommy Wiseau

What's all this "zero chance" balls by the way?

You do realise they've only signed one first team player in the summer and he's a middle aged Yank.

Meanwhile we've been splashing the cash on top Euro cracks like John Sutton and Daniel Grainger. :verysmug:

This is a cakewalk.

Think were being a bit cocky you got to remember ( it's luck for Spurs when the year ends in 1 ) or so the song says

Is David Obua injured for the tie? The only real way we have a chance, imo.

colinmaroon

Know I mentioned respecting them, but I would be a little disappointed if some of the younger players never got a run out, Francis.

Think we should be looking at playing Robinson and Dennis in the middle of the park.

You're no joking!

With our midfield players in central defence, we'll have to play the kids in midfield!!!

jamboinglasgow

I'm pretty sure Danny Grainger and Kyle Naughton were both at Gretna at the same time.

There's a wee fact (if it's true!)

It is true, he has even played against us.

to be honest, we've got the Edinburgh derby on the Sunday after the away leg, so I'd say Robinson is needed for the bench. Holt should definitely start. I imagine the tie will be wrapped up by then, but if need be we could maybe risk Robbo.

SM Sheffield

http://www.planetspurs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10754&pid=267049&st=0entry267049

"I hate Hearts as well ! Horrible club, run by a mini Abramovich, from s*** city, lets do them good and proper !"

:lol:

"Probably a good chance through the website, the stadium isn't close to full with season tickets holders. Don't know how much of a good idea it will be though. Should be fine, but you never know when it comes to getting the blood stirred up against the English."

One ****** even thinks they'll be able to get tickets in the home end.

"If we played our full team we would CRUSH them in both legs, and put up a cricket score."

I hope we smack them!

a dirty hun just posted this on that spurs site.

Ooops! Fail haha! Yeah it was 4-1.

Ryan "Tattoo" Stevenson scored twice, he's a decent forward with a bit of pace. Their injury prone winger Andy Driver also scored on his return from injury - Hearts rejected a ?3m bid from Fc Twente for him a year or so ago - he may be moving to Rangers though as talks have been underway.Yeah my first team played them in the opening day of the season we were awfully poor and could have been 0-3 down at half time - our goalkeeper Alan McGregor keeping us in it. They have a good fight about them but be wary of their fouling tactics. They are VERY brutal in the tackle and have picked up the most yellow / red cards totals in the SPL over the past 3 seasons consecutively and received a heavy fine this year for lack of discipline.

Although I wouldn't take too much from Rangers poor performance we also lost to swedish side Malmo 0-1 at Ibrox.

The youngsters will be good enough to get through to the next stage.

edit: So confusing typing "we" when I mean both Rangers and Spurs! ha..

fantastic draw just back from work and found out, really looking forward to this, mon the hears

Gregory House M.D.

Tottenham Hotspur is a repulsive club IMO. Hope they do disrespect us and play youngsters... Get right in about these Cockney bellends.

Snake Plissken

Kello is better than Hellboy and Webster is actually less injury prone than Ledley Queen.

We'll stroll it.

We should get a wheeler dealer chant on the go and throw some brown envelopes at 'Arry.

He'll go ******* mental!

:arry:

alicante jambo

**** spurs bring them on.We should be much fitter than them by then and if they play the young lads fine.We have a good team guys and i can see us beating this lot theyre not interested in the europa cup i just hope the players hold their nerve at whl.If we keep a clean sheet at tynie we can do it.

TOP CAT TOP STUFF.

Gregory House M.D.

We should get a wheeler dealer chant on the go and throw some brown envelopes at 'Arry.

He'll go ******* mental!

:arry:

To the tune of "John Leslie, Sex Offender"

Harry Redknapp, Tax evader.

To the tune of "Oh my darling Clementine"

Wheeler dealer, Wheeler dealer;

Looks just like Droopy the Dog;

Threw a tantrum on the tele

Cause he got caught at the rob!

128984812253784912.jpg

To the tune of "John Leslie, Sex Offender"

Harry Redknapp, Tax evader.

To the tune of "Oh my darling Clementine"

Wheeler dealer, Wheeler dealer;

Looks just like Droopy the Dog;

Threw a tantrum on the tele

Cause he got caught at the rob!

128984812253784912.jpg

Haha, I like it :thumbsup:

We need to get right in about these *****.

PauloSergioBentoBrito

Is David Obua injured for the tie? The only real way we have a chance, imo.

absolute killjoy.

THERES ONLY ONE DANGEROUS DAVE.

Snake Plissken

I'm so confident, I've just put a Jeepers on us winning the tie.

:verysmug:

Buffalo Bill

It would take a unbelievable effort to beat Spurs over two legs but it's not impossible.

I honestly can't wait.

Who are Tottenham? What country do they play in because I've never heard of them. :whistling:

If the players don't listen to the media who will already have Spurs winning this comfortably then there is a chance. Might not be a big chance but a chance all the same. :thumbsup:

Archived