• Adrian Mrowiec
    • David Templeton
    • Andy Driver
    • Stephen Elliott
    • Ryan Stevenson
    • John Sutton
    • Jamie Hammil
    • Rudi Skacel

European nights returned to Tynecastle after a 2 year absence where Paulo Sergio welcomed his first game as Hearts boss with a comprehensive victory to move to the next round

Ryan Stevenson will get the headlines for his two goals and Andy Driver with a goal on his return but for me as I have said in another thread, Eggert Jonsson for me was a colossus for the whole 90 minutes so he is my MOTM

Poll will close some time on Tuesday evening

Mods - sticky please

Stevenson got us going and worked the defenders all game with some nice runs. Goalkeeper could've done better at both his goals, but take nothing away from him for getting into those positions and breaking the opponents down.

Tommy Wiseau

It was daylight robbery that Kello never got his clean sheet after some of the saves he pulled off. Also distributed the ball very well, so he gets my vote.

Stevo was next in line.

Its sometimes easy ust to pick the goal scorer but Ryan Stevenson was without doubt my MOM tonight.

Excellent running up front and from midfield later in the game he stood out in a mediocre game

Two well taken goal as well

Jonsson, Kello then Sutton for me.

There was nothing really between the first two, but I admired the run Jonsson made to get back to make a block in the second half, and how well he coped with the captaincy after Zal went off. Even at 4-0 he's still giving everyone a shout and encouraging players around him. His attitude has always been first class, long may the performances continue in the same vein.

Oh, I thought Ian Black was also really good tonight, btw; a proper box-to-box performance: making tackles, short passes, harrying their players on the ball etc. Again: more of the same please.

Thought grainger was outstanding all evening threw himself in front of everything and his deadball is something we have been missing for years

Who voted for Kello, FFS one save, he could have sat on his deck chair thinking about the next round

Vlad Knows.

ian black for me, thought paksi tried to wind him up all game but he kept his cool and played really well!

Jonsson, Kello then Sutton for me.

There was nothing really between the first two, but I admired the run Jonsson made to get back to make a block in the second half, and how well he coped with the captaincy after Zal went off. Even at 4-0 he's still giving everyone a shout and encouraging players around him. His attitude has always been first class, long may the performances continue in the same vein.

Oh, I thought Ian Black was also really good tonight, btw; a proper box-to-box performance: making tackles, short passes, harrying their players on the ball etc. Again: more of the same please.

Stevenson doesn't make your top four? :blink:

Tommy Wiseau

Who voted for Kello, FFS one save, he could have sat on his deck chair thinking about the next round

:Vlad-Stupid:

Can we give our goalkeeper credit for the two international class saves that he pulled off as well as three others and good distribution all night?

Rich says "no".

Mr Sergio even broke his "do not praise individual players" rule to state he did not deserve anything other than a clean sheet.

Tipped a header onto the bar (fantastic save) then later on when the centre broke through we just knew he would block the ball. One save my Ar$e.....

:Vlad-Stupid:

Can we give our goalkeeper credit for the two international class saves that he pulled off as well as three others and good distribution all night?

Rich says "no".

Mr Sergio even broke his "do not praise individual players" rule to state he did not deserve anything other than a clean sheet.

Listen i'm not having a pop at Kello here, all i'm saying if you think he was man of the match then Paksi are a better side than i thought they were.

I believe Mr Sergio is having a pop at our defence for conceding a goal.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20110804/paulo-delighted-with-debut-victory_2241384_2410315

JamboAberdeen

Stevo for the two goals to settled our nerve, and also his on/off the ball movement should be mentioned.

Closely followed by Kello and Jonsson, with Black-Hamill midfield pair looked promising.

:thumbsup:

Stevenson doesn't make your top four? :blink:

Funnily enough, no. I thought he was piss poor in the first half an hour, then settled when we scored (mind you, Jonsson's passing was just as bad!).

He did improve quite a lot after that, and it was good to see him get 2 goals.

It can't be a bad thing when there are at least 5 valid contenders for MOTM though!

From Perth to Paisley

Thought eggert was outstanding! Been really impresses with him this season. Is cb his position?

peebles jambo

Thought grainger was outstanding all evening threw himself in front of everything and his deadball is something we have been missing for years

go along with this, lots of plus marks last night, hammil when he came on looked really good ,more optimistic now than i was on sunday night

BoJack Horseman

Would have gone for Stevo has he put in a cracking shift and scored 2 very very important goals. Lumped my vote on Marian though. The guy is just getting better and that showed last night with some top drawer saves. It feels great to have complete confidence in your goalkeeper.

portobellojambo1

The one real position I was worried about was left back if and when Lee Wallace left. I am delighted that my worries were totally unfounded. Grainger has come in and done an excellent job there. I thought he had another solid performance last night, and voted for him.

I also thought Jonsson did well defensively, Sutton looks much better when we play the ball to his feet, and Stevenson did all that was asked in getting the first two goals (although if we are brutally honest I suspect that goalkeeper is now working in Hungary's equivalent of RS MCColl, but is being kept well away from anything he could potentially drop).

Playerwise I agree with any of Stevenson, Jonsson or Kello being picked. The man that stood out for me was the Polish referee, a great example of how to do it quietly and efficiently.

Playerwise I agree with any of Stevenson, Jonsson or Kello being picked. The man that stood out for me was the Polish referee, a great example of how to do it quietly and efficiently.

I have to agree the ref had a decent game and he allowed the game to flow too :thumbsup: Wish our refs were more like him.

Buffalo Bill

Danny G.

Fine performance again, from Tynecastle's new Mr Consistency.

Great to see Stevo and Eggy get some good shouts too.

Poll now closed

In the most comprehensive result so far

Ryan Stevenson - 10 pts

Eggert Jonsson - 5 pts

Ian Black - 2 pts

Mods please unsticky

Archived