Does anyone believe in fate?

Craigieboy

OK, who is she Stairboy? ;)

HaHa. No, nothing like that.

Just interested in peoples opinions on this.

Absolutely not.

Just coincidence. We make our own choices and control our own lives. I hate the thought of not being in control of my own life.

Rick Grimes

Hope not. It would take point out of everything.

that said, if the big man upstairs reckons i'm fated to win the lottery on friday then i'd be all over that....

I believe in Jack Daniels and that when I drink it in quantity I'm guaranteed to make a tw@t of myself. If that's not fate then what is? :D

Absolutely not.

Just coincidence. We make our own choices and control our own lives. I hate the thought of not being in control of my own life.

When you have a choice in life, like when fans are heading to the Wheatfield stand on a Saturday, they choose whether to go down the 1st, 2nd or 3rd street, each of these has different outcomes that will affect more than just your life.

I don't think everything is set out for us in life, but we can influence where it's going.

It depends what the OP meant by fate. If it is a pre-determined life, then I don't believe in that but if it's choices we make to affect this thing we exsist in the I say yes, I believe in that.

When you have a choice in life, like when fans are heading to the Wheatfield stand on a Saturday, they choose whether to go down the 1st, 2nd or 3rd street, each of these has different outcomes that will affect more than just your life.

I don't think everything is set out for us in life, but we can influence where it's going.

It depends what the OP meant by fate. If it is a pre-determined life, then I don't believe in that but if it's choices we make to affect this thing we exsist in the I say yes, I believe in that.

I don't think that is fate mate.

The pre-determined part is what I was thinking.

Rick Grimes
if it's choices we make to affect this thing we exsist in the I say yes, I believe in that.

that's cause & effect, mate. nothing more.

I don't think that is fate mate.

The pre-determined part is what I was thinking.

I'm completely losing myself here now so I'll say a bunch of words that will probally not make sence.

If you make a decision that affects your fate, is that made by you or is that fate making that decision, therefore fate is controlling your life and another point, is fate only controlling your life if you are thinking about it?

:confused::confused:

Jambojohnnyboy

I'd like to think that perhaps you are swayed towards making certain decisions that will ultimately change your life, for the good, you just have to have the balls to take the opportunity. Is it fate or coincidence, I know what I'd like it to be.

Rick Grimes
I'm completely losing myself here now so I'll say a bunch of words that will probally not make sence.

If you make a decision that affects your fate, is that made by you or is that fate making that decision, therefore fate is controlling your life and another point, is fate only controlling your life if you are thinking about it?

:confused::confused:

its you, regardless of the conscious level of your decision-making.

no, its you, regardless of the conscious level of your decision-making.

;)

I guess I believe in fate, I have seen so many things that resulted in something happen because of a fateful decision. A common theme when advising relatives of a fatal or serious injury accident was to have them say, but he/she never goes that way, or never does that. As others have said it took a decision to have one be at the right place at the right time to determine their fate.

For me to express my feelings and tales thoroughly cannot be done on the internet, it is a bar stool and few pints situation, as fate would have it.:P

For me to express my feelings and tales thoroughly cannot be done on the internet, it is a bar stool and few pints situation, as fate would have it.:P

Sign me up next time you're in NYC Bob :)

Absolutely not.

Completely agree.

We're not robots, we don't follow a pre-programmed path through life. We make our own decisions and control our own lifes. Nothing is 'meant' to happen.

The Old Tolbooth

I believe thats whats for you wont go by you, things happen for a reason.

I divorced my ex bitch because she was a hibby........................and a cow!

Thats fate!

Yep, whats for you won't go by you.

I think that's baws.

There's nothing that's "for" you.

We all just get to know ourselves as people at different rates. Some people find what they want from life early on and some sadly don't.

That phrase is just something that people say to their mates when they get dumped or fail a job interview.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
I think that's baws.

There's nothing that's "for" you.

We all just get to know ourselves as people at different rates. Some people find what they want from life early on and some sadly don't.

That phrase is just something that people say to their mates when they get dumped or fail a job interview.

Or when you are flattened by a bus. ;)

I just think there are to many unexplainable coincidences for there not to be fate.

I just think there are to many unexplainable coincidences for there not to be fate.

Such as?

jambo walesy

:rofl: Different class mate :)

Rick Grimes

coincidences, by their very nature, don't need to be explained.

I P Knightley

If you did believe in fate, what difference would that belief make?

I'm not sure whether I do or not, mainly due to apathy over thinking about it for the conundrum mentioned above. However, I do believe that each little decision we make has the potential to make huge impacts on our lives in a "Siding Doors" kind of way.

I've thought about this often ever since I chose one evening after work to skip the extra pint and get home early. That was the night of the King's Cross fire and if I'd had 20-30 minutes more before passing through KX, things for me today could have been remarkably different.

It doesn't leave me with OCD and inability to make decisions but at times I wonder whether a simple decision such as first or second class stamp ultimately leads to soemthing remarkable.

Archived