Trying not to get carried away

Jambo83

portobellojambo1

I'm not getting carried away. I like the new manager's approach, I liked our system. I have cautious optimism.

I don't think we're going to be world beaters overnight, I don't think we'll get through the next round unless we're very fortunate in the draw tomorrow, I don't think we'll cruise to 3rd as easy as last year.

Is that better?? Folk seem to be overreacting to my OP, but then this is KB after all and both pessimism and attempts at put-downs are to be expected by a few.

3rd isn't an option this season, the manager has basically been told win the SPL or you are on your bike (and I would hardly call the way in which we achieved 3rd last season as easy, it was sown up in December 2010, and we then spent 4 months trying to throw it away, and it all came down to Rangers beating Dundee United at Ibrox, rather than how we were playing by that stage).

Deans Jambo

black should be the first one to be emptied if paulo gets his way and brings in a loan from chelsea or buys a bit quality from portugal

so many occasions tonite where that bit of quality would have moved into pockets of areas and done the old give and go,slide rule etc

doesnt happen with blackie,far too cautious for me

i like ian as a hearts man does,but we want summat clever in his position....takes a lot of pressure off the rest of our mob

Can't see the suave one getting to bring in players to be honest but I'd love to see a playmaker brought in. Did Eremenko get a club?? :whistling:

If he doesn't I'd like to see Black rather than Mrowiec in the defensive midfield position with Rudi possibly ahead of him.

Say What Again

3rd isn't an option this season, the manager has basically been told win the SPL or you are on your bike.

Do you believe that?

Shame we lost the goal at the end - they must do what the weegies do - play to the end. How many times to they take advantage of tiring teams and score at the end of games. We have to do that. Great entertainment tonight though. Excellent from everybody and atmosphere was great.

Deans Jambo

3rd isn't an option this season, the manager has basically been told win the SPL or you are on your bike (and I would hardly call the way in which we achieved 3rd last season as easy, it was sown up in December 2010, and we then spent 4 months trying to throw it away, and it all came down to Rangers beating Dundee United at Ibrox.

Something Paulo denied in his pre-match interview with Chick Young.

Tommy Wiseau

Job done, a lot or pluses and well as some minuses - thought we looked very frail at the back at times.

Mr Sergio is a dream boat though, make no bones about that.

thumbsup.gif

May I direct you to image 4 of this collection.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20110804/in-pictures-hearts-4-1-paks-se_2255995_2410308

What. A. Hunk.

I also said that i acknowledged It was against a team deemed to be of a lesser quality.

Therefore everything said after that point should have been taken in the appropriate perspective, but that never seems to be the case on here, especially with a certain number of individuals, not necessarily meaning yourself.

Maybe I should just have wrote:

Well done Hearts, bring on Sunday!

there was no need to resign rudi as ops optimism will see us through to the semi's

I will try!! But some weeks I'm also a realist! It's all in the life of a Jambo!

the one that has your name spray painted in big pink type saying i am teh ***

Lochend then, as suspected.

Only a Game

Okay we beat what was put in front of us. They werent very good but we would have demolished them had we got out of second gear at any stage.

A very good game for Sergio to start with and he probably got a very good look at things that need changing and things that are good.

Good tonight was Driver, looking really trim, and Stevenson who had a terrific game IMO.

Needing changing is the balance and quality in the centre of midfield and he'll need to have a serious think about bringing a centre half in.

A far far tougher game coming on Sunday and lets not kid ourselves, we will struggle to take anything from it.

There were some good things he can build on tonight and the morale certainly looked okay, but he's got a hell of a lot of work to do to mould us into a team who can go to places like Motherwell and Tannadice and win.

Only a Game

3rd isn't an option this season, the manager has basically been told win the SPL or you are on your bike

Sorry PJ but that simply isnt true.

Buffalo Bill

In a nutshell:

A 4-1 win in Europe with the manager looking for plenty of improvement.

I like that thinking.

i like you op not enough positive people like you out there im just having a bad day

and lochend god no i wouldnt be seen dead under that bridge i live under the shandon bridge bit o class ya ken

Pete Seeger

I can't believe the stick Ian Black's taking on this thread. I thought he dominated for us tonight. :unsure:

Archived