Trying not to get carried away

Jambo83

As the title suggests, without trying to go over the top, I have to say that is one of the most professional, disciplined performances I have ever seen from a Hearts team.

I know it was against a team who are deemed to be of a lesser quality.

I know it was done using the same players, half of whom were signed by Jefferies.

But let's remember the players must have been a bit unsettled leading up to the game and Paulo Sergio must have been trying not to change things too quickly.

We kept the ball brilliantly, we kept it simple, kept possession, had good movement all over the park, and took our chances very well when they came.

I thought Black was different class. Make no mistake about it, the boy is a player, and this system suits him down the ground. He looked composed and classy.

I have a feeling of cautious optimism.

Sexton Hardcastle

Profesional job but we still made a lot of stupid mistakes.

Gifitng them the ball at 0-0 and 1-0.

Job done.

On to Motherwell..

I know, but we do that every week, I just thought our overall play and system was much more impressive.

colinmaroon

we beat a piss poor team wake up [mod edit]

Unlike Hibs who lose against piss poor teams!

we beat a piss poor team wake up [mod edit]

I hate the school holidays, you're up past your bedtime.

Read the post again before mummy reads you a story.

maroonshrew

Diddy team. Their last game was attended by 60 fans. Get a grip.

i see his point. Even when we play 2nd Division Scottish sides in the cup, we never do a professional performance where we dominate the game comfortably like you should in a cup tie. Was nice to see us in control for once.

Diddy team. Their last game was attended by 60 fans. Get a grip.

Yet we drew with them a week ago and they beat a respectable Norwegian team 3-0 away from home.

Again, read the opening post. It does refer to the opponents being of lesser quality

i see his point. Even when we play 2nd Division Scottish sides in the cup, we never do a professional performance where we dominate the game comfortably like you should in a cup tie. Was nice to see us in control for once.

Thank you. That's all I was pointing out. Remember the home cup tie against Airdrie anyone??

I hate the school holidays, you're up past your bedtime.

Read the post again before mummy reads you a story.

why dont u come n tuck me in

As the title suggests, without trying to go over the top, I have to say that is one of the most professional, disciplined performances I have ever seen from a Hearts team.

I know it was done using the same players, half of whom were signed by Jefferies.

But let's remember the players must have been a bit unsettled leading up to the game and Paulo Sergio must have been trying not to change things too quickly.

We kept the ball brilliantly, we kept it simple, kept possession, had good movement all over the park, and took our chances very well when they came.

I thought Black was different class. Make no mistake about it, the boy is a player, and this system suits him down the ground. He looked composed and classy.

Sorry but i couldn't help myself on this part :rofl:

You obviously don't go to enough games then, he was one of our better players last season.

Gigolo-Aunt

Job done, a lot or pluses and well as some minuses - thought we looked very frail at the back at times.

Mr Sergio is a dream boat though, make no bones about that.

thumbsup.gif

Snake Plissken

Unfortunately you have failed in your attempt to not get carried away.

We beat a mediocre team quite comfortably, that's about all we can look into it just now.

Paksi are a poor, poor team. We made a few silly errors that a half-decent side would have punished us for.

Job done, a lot or pluses and well as some minuses - thought we looked very frail at the back at times.

thumbsup.gif

:lol:

We did, but then look at the back 4. We finished with 2 midfielders at centre back.

You obviously don't go to enough games then, he was one of our better players last season.

Effort is first class, footballing ability is somewhere behind 2nd.

Yet we drew with them a week ago and they beat a respectable Norwegian team 3-0 away from home.

Again, read the opening post. It does refer to the opponents being of lesser quality

We gave a similarly controlled performance against them last week.

I thought we did well tonight, but don't get carried away. It was professional, no more. I didn't actually think we did keep possession as well as we could have. Across the back line where they let us have it, yes, but in midfield and ahead there was little movement. Maybe other than Blackie and Stevo. Sutton seems pretty static, Driver didn't look fit to play yet, though did his best and Temps gave the ball away almost every time he had it.

But for all that, we did well. I'm just pointing out it wasn't nearly one of the most disciplined and professional performances.

paksi were/are atrocious. we played well, very well at points.

whether we are allowed to, or choose to, play like that against other teams remains to be seen and is pretty worthless debating as none if us know.

Say What Again

I saw no alice band.

You pimping your ass to anyone these days? :huh:

Kilmacolm Jambo

Unfortunately you have failed in your attempt to not get carried away.

We beat a mediocre team quite comfortably, that's about all we can look into it just now.

I'm not getting carried away. I like the new manager's approach, I liked our system. I have cautious optimism.

I don't think we're going to be world beaters overnight, I don't think we'll get through the next round unless we're very fortunate in the draw tomorrow, I don't think we'll cruise to 3rd as easy as last year.

Is that better?? Folk seem to be overreacting to my OP, but then this is KB after all and both pessimism and attempts at put-downs are to be expected by a few.

Gigolo-Aunt

I saw no alice band.

You pimping your ass to anyone these days? :huh:

Nah, alice bands for players only.

Managers to be suave in an impeccably dapper suit.

thumbsup.gif

Kilmacolm Jambo

If you think that was a performance you are easily pleased.

If u think Black is a footballer u r quite frankly deluded, Jamie Hamill played the role well, Black looked like a schoolboy.

Nucky Thompson

Black has been outstanding for us lately

If you think that was a performance you are easily pleased.

If u think Black is a footballer u r quite frankly deluded, Jamie Hamill played the role well, Black looked like a schoolboy.

Think you'll be in the minority with that opinion, but hey, it's your opinion after all.

Tyrion Lannister

We were defensively pretty poor. Their big striker caused our defence trouble the whole game. Their goal was a joke.

For being a hatchet man, Mrowiec canny tackle and header, not to mention his distribution.

Overall, we beat a ****e team fairly convincingly with some half-decent individual performances. It'll be a good DVD to have for Mr Sergio to see what he's working with.

Kilmacolm Jambo

I'm not a fan of Barry Ferguson but if there was ever a game for Black to put in a performance it was tonight.

Black should control a game like that.

Solid first 30 mins. Excellent middle 30 mins, Slack last 30 mins.

I like the way that Sergio is not best pleased with the loss of a goal when 4-0 up. Sign of a winner.

Passed the ball about well , but will need better in centre of park to play like that v better teams. The loss of Mwroeic from the holding role allowed them to run through the middle of us at times in second half.

I like the way that Sergio is not best pleased with the loss of a goal when 4-0 up. Sign of a winner.

Passed the ball about well , but will need better in centre of park to play like that v better teams. The loss of Mwroeic from the holding role allowed them to run through the middle of us at times in second half.

Exactly what we need.

portobellojambo1

I don't think we should be getting too carried away about tonight's score. Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted to be through to the next round, but in following HMFC around Europe that is the poorest side I've ever seen us play (I though NK Siroki Brijeg were awful but they were light years ahead of that team).

If we had applied ourselves properly in both legs that could have, and should have, ended up looking more like a cricket score, and they were much, much better tonight than they were in the 1st leg.

scots civil war

black should be the first one to be emptied if paulo gets his way and brings in a loan from chelsea or buys a bit quality from portugal

so many occasions tonite where that bit of quality would have moved into pockets of areas and done the old give and go,slide rule etc

doesnt happen with blackie,far too cautious for me

i like ian as a hearts man does,but we want summat clever in his position....takes a lot of pressure off the rest of our mob

Back of the Bus

I agree, he was raging when they got their goal.

Like the OP said, nothing to get carried away about. That said, the way we kept our shape and played the ball was, at times, a joy to behold. Did anyone see a long ball? No. We played East Fife pre season with hoof and chase (first half). It just shows what can be achieved by actually looking for a man.

Good start Paulo....... Keep it up son.

Snake Plissken

I'm not getting carried away. I like the new manager's approach, I liked our system. I have cautious optimism.

I don't think we're going to be world beaters overnight, I don't think we'll get through the next round unless we're very fortunate in the draw tomorrow, I don't think we'll cruise to 3rd as easy as last year.

Is that better?? Folk seem to be overreacting to my OP, but then this is KB after all and both pessimism and attempts at put-downs are to be expected by a few.

You said:

I have to say that is one of the most professional, disciplined performances I have ever seen from a Hearts team.

We did perfectly well but to suggest there's anything more to it than a decent performance against a poor side at this stage is nonsense. You are seeing too much into a win over a side that is the equivalent of a first division team, that's all.

We didn't though, hence JJ's departure.

Randle P McMurphy

I'm not a fan of Barry Ferguson but if there was ever a game for Black to put in a performance it was tonight.

Black should control a game like that.

is this relevant in some way?

NewYorkJambo

I can't work out if this post is a joke or not?

We won and played well in spells against a very poor side. But we had major defensive lapses against a poor side and a better team would have scored more than one against us. For our goals, their goalkeeper gifted us at least two of them.

Overall, we deserved to win, but Motherwell on Sunday will be a much tougher test.

And in the play-off round, we will have to be four or fives times better to stand a chance and even then, looking at the seeds, it will have to be one of our best ever results in Europe.

Agree thought he was poor he always picked the ball up In midfield and passed it back to one of the centre halfs. This is fine some of the time but often he had no pressure on him and had time to turn and look for a more offensive pass

why dont u come n tuck me in

Sure, which bridge is yer cardboard box located under? :P

Mad Dog Frazer

black should be the first one to be emptied if paulo gets his way and brings in a loan from chelsea or buys a bit quality from portugal

so many occasions tonite where that bit of quality would have moved into pockets of areas and done the old give and go,slide rule etc

doesnt happen with blackie,far too cautious for me

i like ian as a hearts man does,but we want summat clever in his position....takes a lot of pressure off the rest of our mob

name 1 decent portugese player??

Back of the Bus

name 1 decent portugese player??

There's some dude called Christiano Ronaldo who's supposed to be no bad......

Sure, which bridge is yer cardboard box located under? :P

the one that has your name spray painted in big pink type saying i am teh ***

Patrick Bateman

It was a very impressive performance given the circumstances... BUT... the centre of midfield is absolutely woeful. Black maintained his typical standard of running around and playing with his back to goal. As for Mrowiec :facepalm: well, he seemed determined to sell possession, give up on defending and could have quite easily given away a penalty. I'd be looking to bring in two proper central midfielders and a centrehalf at least.

The White Cockade

Great to get a big win but you are way off the mark trying to make out that the new manager has made a huge difference already

We would have won this game under JJ and to be honest the defence was shocking and a top team would have ripped us to shreds

Black did play well but he was equally impressive in the same role at Ibrox

Lets hope we take confidence from the win though and we can kick on

Positives and negatives for me. God result, very , disciplined (though I think the ref was a bit of a homer), thought Driver was nowhere near fit enough and don't know why he was played, thought Black was boody awful and seems to think he is Roy Keane all of a sudden, thought Zal was dire thought Grainger, Jonnson, Kello and McGowan were great and think, if we play like that at the weekend we will still be looking for our first win in the league. Motherwell will not give us the time Paksi did. Tonight was always about the result, which was great. That is all.

Kilmacolm Jambo

is this relevant in some way?

Yes, Black should have controlled the game as Ferguson does.

Archived