Holy Moly Batman...

Harry Palmer

Good to see an official response - not enough communication with the fans. I can't argue with much that he said.

Templeton'sUnderpants

Sergejus is definitely the ying to Romanov's yang. Always reasonable and well presented. Hopefully that q&a will help a lot of seethe merchants come to terms with things.

I have just stopped reading it half way and want to ask all Hearts fans...

Are you reading this in your head with a Russian accent!! laugh.gif

Ryan Gosling

:rofl:

...a bit disco

Portuguese is the new Russian.

:thumbsup:

Da! (Even though it would be a Lithuanian accent...) :unsure:

heartsfc_fan

Can't really aruge with any of that. Nice of them to put a statement out to the fans.

i understand about being number one but that's never going to happen till we splash the cash and we aint got the money to do that

i was actually

its a good article and clearly explains the decision to change managers this early in the season. The bit about suggesting to JJ about putting a european coach on his staff indicates that possibly the plan was to get PS in as a coach and have JJ move upstairs in Jan or next summer. So PS would have a season to get used to the SPL, and to try and put a more european influence on the side with the team ethic that JJ instilled to the squad

Guest Borat

Hearts will now be mocked by the media monkeys for trying to achieve something better than 3rd in the SPL.

GET IT RIGHT UP THUM PAULO

Tyrion Lannister

The sentiments are certainly all there, now put your money where your mouth is Mr Romanov!

From what i read he thinks we can do better than settling for 3rd, ofcourse we can, where's the megabucks coming from to do that?

JJ was asked if he wanted a more European coach to work with and they got a negative response, so there's the real reason he got the bullet, "we think you should have a Euro coach working with you" Response... "no" "Ok, you're sacked!"

"Is it right that we are conditioned to accept that only two clubs can be allowed to win the league in the way they have been allowed to do for the last 26 years? This season we want to challenge for the top and we want our people to have this mentality. The new manager has this mentality and we are sure this is achievable."

Whether sacking Jefferies was correct or not, along with appointing Paulo and the timing of the decision it seems as if romanov is still very interested in how Hearts perform.

Hopefully actions will follow all these good words. Time to get the wallet out. :thumbsup:

vintage1874

Are you reading this in your head with a Russian accent!! :lol:

:teehee::lol: very funny post of this saga

A brave statement saying they we can be No1, it'll take more and a couple of players and a lot of money to do that. it will make hearts look a tad foolish when it all goes wrong.

Harry Palmer

Somehow knew my choice of thread title was correct.

:verysmug:

If the mods change it...

:seething:

Good interview.

I good to hear that door is still open for JJ. I would like to see him as DOF. He knows the old boys network up here and does the small things like the friendly against East Fife to give Robbo some cash as he comes in and helps our strikers out.

Jambof3tornado

Not a lot in that which ordinary fans wouldnt have guessed at. We dont all have the lack of intelligence of the media monkeys!!

Good to get it up on the official site though.

Probably surprisingly I'm not going to argue with any of that.

I love that our aim is top spot and there could be something in it that only a foreign manager can take on that approach in this country. Not since Ferguson and McLean have we really had any Scots who've fearlessly said "eff you OF, I ain't ascared of you." JJ wasn't scared of the OF but I think did maybe afford them too much respect.

If Sergio's the man to do the job then tallyho!! VR MUST MUST MUST let him get on with it though. Anything at all which he does to upset equilibrium will make an already difficult task all the more difficult.

And you know what, the rest of Scotland can laugh at this statement all they want. Every team in every league in the world should be trying to win their next game. If you keep doing it, you win the league. Our squad is strong enough to beat the rest of league. Man-up against the OF (like we did last week btw) and the dream could be real.

Harry Palmer

Every team should be aiming to win the league they are in, otherwise what's the point?

Doesn't mean it'll happen but we can have a damn good try at least.

Sergejus is definitely the ying to Romanov's yang. Always reasonable and well presented. Hopefully that q&a will help a lot of seethe merchants come to terms with things.

I thought he was more good cop to Vlad's bad cop

or Wise to Vlad's Morecambe

"we are still looking to get more strength and depth in two or three positions. If we get the right options, we will act."

Where's Kevin's head again? Oh, there it is. :yas:

BoJack Horseman

Somehow knew my choice of thread title was correct.

:verysmug:

If the mods change it...

:seething:

No doubt some roaster will start another thread, they will be merged, your title will lose.

I remember JJ commenting in one of his interviews that European clubs were doing away with managers and having coaches. The suggestion to me makes some sense the coach can then give 100% to football activities and someone else do the administrative. Jim said he knew about that but didn't know how it would work in Scotland. While maintaining my respect for JJ this attitude/belief may be the biggest indicator of what is wrong with Scottish football. A system that may be working for everyone else won't work in Scotland. WHY?

Harry Palmer

No doubt some roaster will start another thread, they will be merged, your title will lose.

Rather than go for some usual guff in the title.....I went for something different with a subheading...Not my fault that some folk ignored it. :(

Edit: The Father of the House aka bob has posted on this thread. :)

:teehee::lol: very funny post of this saga

A brave statement saying they we can be No1, it'll take more and a couple of players and a lot of money to do that. it will make hearts look a tad foolish when it all goes wrong.

Why ?

He's not saying we are going to be number 1 he's saying

he would like us to try and push ourselves more to challenge for number 1.Putting in a challege doesn't mean push the old firm for a little then fall away.

I remember JJ commenting in one of his interviews that European clubs were doing away with managers and having coaches. The suggestion to me makes some sense the coach can then give 100% to football activities and someone else do the administrative. Jim said he knew about that but didn't know how it would work in Scotland. While maintaining my respect for JJ this attitude/belief may be the biggest indicator of what is wrong with Scottish football. A system that may be working for everyone else won't work in Scotland. WHY?

Bob, always a pleasure.

I have to agree with this. I've been defending JJ and BB to the hilt this week over goings on down Tynie. That's not to say I agree with everything they do and say. I have found them at times frustratingly old school and, for want of a better term, SFA-like.

The only thing holding back our country is our country. I'm so glad that the performance director the SFA have brought in is Dutch. Hopefully Mark Wotte will really be able to assess what needs done and I REALLY hope he doesn't come up against, "but it won't work in Scotland".

As for Hearts? It dosn't matter what the structure is. Whether it be manager or coach and DOF, the important thing is that the people appointed to those roles be free to do them without interference.

by getting rid of BB they knew JJ would not take the DOF position

Also think JJ still wants to manage and not be DOF just yet. Also its a big decision to make over night. He did say maybe in the future he would do and even Sergy stated the door is open. I hope he comes back.

I'm also pretty sure JJ and BB would of told GL to stay at Hearts and keep his job and learn form a new manager.

by getting rid of BB they knew JJ would not take the DOF position

Possible but you'd have to be a real cynic to believe that they set out to ensure that scenario happened.

You can see why they wanted to keep JJ and Lockie, likewise...it's quite easy to understand how there was just no role for BB under the proposed new set-up.

I think they genuinely wanted JJ to stay but they probably don't think it's the end of the world because he chose not to do so. Having a DoF is a luxury, not really a necessity.

Harry Palmer

Bob, always a pleasure.

I have to agree with this. I've been defending JJ and BB to the hilt this week over goings on down Tynie. That's not to say I agree with everything they do and say. I have found them at times frustratingly old school and, for want of a better term, SFA-like.

The only thing holding back our country is our country. I'm so glad that the performance director the SFA have brought in is Dutch. Hopefully Mark Wotte will really be able to assess what needs done and I REALLY hope he doesn't come up against, "but it won't work in Scotland".

As for Hearts? It dosn't matter what the structure is. Whether it be manager or coach and DOF, the important thing is that the people appointed to those roles be free to do them without interference.

Good post.

And now for something completely different and has nothing to with your post...

Not sure, but is Locke still going through his coaching badges etc? Just wondering.

it's nice to see him making a distinction between JJ the manager and JJ the hearts legend.

while praising JJ and paying him the respect he deserves, SF has also quite rightly insisted that the club are perfectly entitled to ask themselves whether or not a change is required.

perhaps a few gonads in the media and in the support might like to pay heed.

Cut The Crap

From what i read he thinks we can do better than settling for 3rd, ofcourse we can, where's the megabucks coming from to do that?

JJ was asked if he wanted a more European coach to work with and they got a negative response, so there's the real reason he got the bullet, "we think you should have a Euro coach working with you" Response... "no" "Ok, you're sacked!"

He appears to be saying that we already have the team in place to win the league. :unsure:

Be a very good idea if Sergius was allowed to make ALL future statements from the "mad one".

JJ has more European competition experience than Sergio despite what Fedatovas says.

JJ has also more experience in the SPL/cup competitions than Sergio.

JJ of course has less experience in the Portugese league though.

colinmaroon

You little eternal optimist you!!!

We don't have the players to challenge. Doesn't matter how many times Romanov says he wants to be number one, it wont happen

Ryan Gosling

JJ has more European competition experience than Sergio despite what Fedatovas says.

I'm not aware if JJ qualified for Europe as Killie manager but by my calculations, JJ managed us for 11 European games. Mr Sergio managed 12 European games last season.

Charlie-Brown

I don't know about JJ's european adventures with Kilmarnock but at Hearts his managerial record is played 10 games won 5 drawn 3 lost 2 goals for 16 against 6 - ties played 5 won 2 lost 3* *lost 2 red star & stuttgart on away goals.

Paulo Sergio's Europa record with Sporting last season was played 12 won 7 drawn 2 lost 3 goals for 23 against 12 - ties won 2 group qualified 1 lost 1 * rangers on away goals

prior to that he had a further 4 europa league games in 2009 with FC Pacos & his record was played 4 won 1 drawn 1 lost 2 goals for 1 against 2 ties 2 won 1 lost 1

JJ's last match in charge for Hearts for a European game was more than a decade ago.

I'm not aware if JJ qualified for Europe as Killie manager but by my calculations, JJ managed us for 11 European games. Mr Sergio managed 12 European games last season.

I've checked

Killie's last appearance in European Competition was a defeat to Viking in the 2001-02 UEFA Cup. Finishing a run of 4 European qualifications in five years

That was on the 27th of september 2001 Jefferies took the reigns at Rugby park five months later on the 28th Februaruy 2002

So you were bang on the money

Coco's still got a point about SPL Experience

Last week we had a reasonable idea about what to expect, a "safe pair of hands" managing the club with some old fashioned yet proven ideas.

Now all of a sudden all bets are off, This could go really, really well but it could well be an unmitigated disaster.

I quite like that uncertainty

This season suddenly looks a lot more interesting

JJ's last match in charge for Hearts for a European game was more than a decade ago.

JJ's last match in charge for Hearts was last week

:thumb:

Fair enough.

Archived