Romanov wants more

EreWeG0..

i think that after the feck up from GB and the list of zombies afterwards that VR may be slowly seeing he light, JJ brought us stability but no get at the old firm, he may see that Mr Paulo is the one to take us to the next step

it was the vast wastage of funds, as well as that event, that served to shoot ourselves in the foot.

if all the money had been well looked after, and had been used properly, and the right type of manager had remained in place, then the whole smash was possible.

i don't think that kind of money will be seen again, sadly.

Jam Tarts 1874

Interesting that this snippet came to us from the Sporting Life - perhaps they are the only ones who are not monkeys - so far.

Only a Game

Maybe Vlad did`nt want to cough up? Maybe we(Hearts) didn`t realise the extent of KK`s injury at the time until it was too late?

Maybe Vlad thought the management should have been able to get by with what was left? Unless Vlad opened the biscuit tin in surprise i think there was no more money in the intial pot for the season and the management had to nurture what was there.

Precisely the point of the thread. We wont win the league because of the above barriers to it. Perfectly understood and perfectly legitimate.. So why he is setting that as a target and expecting it to be taken on board without laughing, when he knows full well what is required and cant/wont provide it ?

jambopompey

I think we're a hell of a lot better than our last 15 results suggests we are.

I dont think we're close enough to either of the OF, relatively poor as they both are compared with previous years, to mount a SERIOUS challenge. I think to do that you need a backbone to the team of the highest possible quality. Goalkeeper- centre half - central midfielder - striker. Kello just about fits the bill, the rest we simply dont have.

Now, if we were to discover a ?30k per week hole in our finances that allowed us to sign the rest of the backbone, we might have a challenge on our hands. Until then we're battling with the rest for a distant 3rd IMO.

Yes we could have won all our opening games this season. Against Rangers two good chances fell to a non striker. Against Paksi, a bit more ambition and we would would have finished the tie there and then. And against Dundee Utd........ err......emm, we could have not ran out of ideas after 30 minutes.(sorry but they were better than us overall and on the day and they deserved to win IMO)

ok then expalin our results again the other top 6 teams, would having a good record against them mean we done well, but if not we where lucky

crawford_1874

Fine Vlad, we CAN win the SPL but not just with players on free transfers. Get ur wallet out.

good point! we need better players than free agents off of killie!

this is another good point. a real chicken and egg scenario.

it was always a real hope of mine that, in the event of us being supplied with a new stadium or expended tynecastle, it would be accompanied by an appetite on the part of the business group for the stadiums seats to be occupied.

and there's only one way to achieve that.

Yes there is my friend. A person that sets limits can't go furter. Vladmir Romanov is no idiot. Let's just hope our new manager is as ambitios as he claims to be. It isn't always the team with the best players that win the league. We need a couple of signings though. I also recon Robinson will be a big hit this season. Reads the game well and will fit right into a passing game. I also reckon a few of our current players will suprise us as well.

Sergio didn't get the Sporting CP job by luck. :thumbsup:

ROMANOV FAN CLUB

Well Vlad get the black bin bags full of cash out the spare room and bring us 3 or 4 players of Skacel quality and you may get your wish :thumbsup:

Only a Game

ok then expalin our results again the other top 6 teams, would having a good record against them mean we done well, but if not we where lucky

I think our record against the bottom six was remarkably good last season. Our record against the top six was remarkably poor. I also think our away record was remarkably good last season and our home record was pretty poor and a cause for continued concern given what just happened on Sunday.

If we had a pretty decent home season, perhaps losing only a couple to the usual suspects and matched it with our away record last season, especially the early part of the season then we'd be in pretty good shape.

I cant explain the relatively poor home form though. Perhaps not being ambitious enough at home and getting right in about teams is a part of it, not sure. Whatever it is has to be found and fixed quick though.

Drylaw Hearts

I have absolutely no doubt VR wants to win the SPL.

But of he expects it with our current budget, current squad and his constant interfering then he's off his rocker.

fixed for you :thumbsup:

Ha, I was trying to be nice. Should have read "no ******* chance of that happening" :D

Howdy Doody Jambo

Comedy Gold the festival is up and running , what venue is Romanov at ,

He was at this venue...

Hope this helps.

:thumbsup:

Guest Borat

Nothing wrong at all with showing a bit of ambition.

:rudi:

Harry Palmer

Can't be arsed...what thread is this...

If you believe this....

That seemed to work. :thumbsup:

After The Watershed

Typical mentality of the Scots. We can't win the league. Why not? We don't spend what the old firm do? Remember back to Greece winning the Euro championship in 2004. They were 80 -1. They didn't have the quality players that other nations had.

Lets be positive. I'm not saying we will win the league but lets give it a dam good shot.

first thing i do when i go into a supermarket is head str8t for teh reduced section but im not trying to win any trophies for my culinary skills we wont win much with this squad though not as far behind the old slime as some ppl would have you believe

givememychoice

Typical mentality of the Scots. We can't win the league. Why not? We don't spend what the old firm do? Remember back to Greece winning the Euro championship in 2004. They were 80 -1. They didn't have the quality players that other nations had.

Lets be positive. I'm not saying we will win the league but lets give it a dam good shot.

slight difference in that they only won 4 games out of 6.

I agree, and some Hearts fans are quite irritating with their defeatist attitude. But all the same, alot has to align for us to put in a real challenge that will run most of the way and not just til January.

Firstly, while the new manager may inspire some of our players to give more or improve(or he may not) some just aren`t good enough or lack bottle.

We still have some players who are incapable of digging deep during a game when we need a result, this is one big ingredient going for a title among many others imo. Thing is, we do have a decent squad who should be capable of a good level of consistency but going that step further is a big ask for some.

But who knows? Maybe the new man will find the chemistry in the squad that makes it all click? Heres hoping.

He isnt pumping millions into the club. He's creating and causing debt and waste and then writing it off to make himself look the the good egg.

Nonsense..................

Whether he puts in ?10m cash or racks up ?10m of debt and then writes it off at the end of the year he has still increased the budget for players and spent money on players.

The money doesn't just come from thin air, Abramovich at Chelseas doesn't pay in cash for all his players he adds them on to Chelsea's debt. Would you say he hasn't pumped millions in?

If this is a serious statement then he needs to step back and have a look at the OF squads - can we match them man for man - maybe Rangers to a point but Celtic are far stronger than us in most departments.

First 11's we can argue we might not be far away but already this season we have sold our best defender to Rangers picked up two injuries and have a suspension carried over. We still have key players out from last year that in all honest we desperately need back in the team.

Hearts v Celtic in squad terms is like compairing Everton to Man U IMO - Evertons first 11 is good enough to beat most of the teams in the EPL but over a season they can't match the depth, experience and resources of Man U.

Unless Vlad is prepared to let Sergio go out and get quality players - ie. much better than what we have, we anit winning the league.

All fine and well wanting more but expecting it to happen with the current squad? That's just barking mad.

Nookie Bear

:interesting:

it's actually quite an interesting point on a couple of scores.

some time ago, romanov was roundly panned for coming out with a statement to suggest that he was no longer interested in trying to win the title, because of the inherent mafia of scottish football. he instead was focusing on developing players and selling them.

if this is to be believed, it would suggest a departure from that stated aim.

so the interesting points would be:

1. would the same people who panned him the last time be happy about this, or would they moan about unrealistic goals being set?

2. would these people be happy to see ambitious (overly perhaps) goals being set, AND be understanding if and when the current manager is removed in the future, if and when the goals aren't met?

Surely the point is that Vlad has issued another statement that deviates from his previous ones - some see it as a masterstroke and others see it as nonsense.

He cannot ask for the title without HUGE and immediate investment in the playing staff. Didn't notice us bidding for Goodwillie, did you?

Oh, and surely the words were lost in translation anyway so barely worth considering, or do we only accept as face value those words that fit comfortably with some people's blind loyalty?

As always, the truth is probably somewhere inbetween :thumbsup:

To continue an earlier analogy to shopping we are playing at Poundstretchers not Harvey Nics. IF the new manager is really good and IF we sign at least a further central defender and decent midfielder and enjoy a bit of luck with injuries I don't see the old firm being as out of reach as some would have us believe. So if there is a wee investment to state the title is our ambition is fine. Otherwise we may as well go straight to the cups and let the old firm play off for the league and Hibs and Inverness play off for relegation!

If Romanov is serious then he does need to strengthen the squad an put his hand in his pocket, wont win it with the current squad..

He will need to find an extra ?20m (at least) a season if we're to compete with the OF. Either that or increase the price of ST's by around 4 times, perhaps more, to fund a title push.

if romanov is serious then he has to get his wallet out and now would be the best time to do that look at the huns fat sally doesnt have a fecking clue we could challenge for second maybe even first if the wallet came out

He will need to find an extra ?20m (at least) a season if we're to compete with the OF. Either that or increase the price of ST's by around 4 times, perhaps more, to fund a title push.

Sorry but the old firm no longer spend big so that amount is not required. Give Inverness ?20 million a year more and they could challenge. Neither of the old firm command any fear in Europe these days and people think it needs huge unmanageable amounts to challenge them. No big european money for either of them either this year and probably for a few years. Yes it would be hard but not as unmanageable as some are suggesting. Unless the pound crashes we will never get 20 or 30 million more a year.

Sorry but the old firm no longer spend big so that amount is not required. Give Inverness ?20 million a year more and they could challenge. Neither of the old firm command any fear in Europe these days and people think it needs huge unmanageable amounts to challenge them. No big european money for either of them either this year and probably for a few years. Yes it would be hard but not as unmanageable as some are suggesting. Unless the pound crashes we will never get 20 or 30 million more a year.

In the last five years Celtic's income is about ?290m more than ours, Rangers about ?220m more than us. On wages Celtic spent ?182m, Rangers ?145m and us ?53m.And we're more than double the next highest spenders.

We have a way to go to catch them up in spending power.

jambopompey

I have absolutely no doubt VR wants to win the SPL.

But of he expects it with our current budget, current squad and his constant interfering then he's off his rocker.

i think Vlad has allowed the past 2 managers a bit more freedom than when he first came over, yes he still sticks his neb in but not as much as he used to.

think Mr Jim had the freedom to do his job.

In the last five years Celtic's income is about ?290m more than ours, Rangers about ?220m more than us. On wages Celtic spent ?182m, Rangers ?145m and us ?53m.And we're more than double the next highest spenders.

We have a way to go to catch them up in spending power.

Whether these figures are accurate or not and I have no reason to doubt you it is highly debatable that either of the old firm will get anywhere near these figures in the next few years with BIG drop in european revenue and the recession.

Whether these figures are accurate or not and I have no reason to doubt you it is highly debatable that either of the old firm will get anywhere near these figures in the next few years with BIG drop in european revenue and the recession.

The figures are taken from published accounts although I dont disagree with you regarding their future income and, in particular, European revenue. This is just an illustration of how far we are still away from them despite our owner making millions of pounds available over his tenure. As has been said elsewhere if he expects us to challenge them for the title, while they may come back towards us financially, we still need to up the expenditure considerably if he is genuinely expecting us to compete.

Big_Hearts_Runner

If you want to win the league, why sell (arguably) our best player to a rival club???

Why not go down the Dundee Utd route when selling players who are not going to stay?

If you want to win the league, why sell (arguably) our best player to a rival club???

Why not go down the Dundee Utd route when selling players who are not going to stay?

That is a great point, why strengthen the OF, Wallace could have gone to a few English clubs i reckon.

Charlie-Brown

That is a great point, why strengthen the OF, Wallace could have gone to a few English clubs i reckon.

Only IF they had bid and Wallace expressed a desire to go down south - he seems to have been quite keen to join the Gers and play in the Champions League (ha-ha!)

Only IF they had bid and Wallace expressed a desire to go down south - he seems to have been quite keen to join the Gers and play in the Champions League (ha-ha!)

Haha bet he is regretting that now...might have been able to hold out, think he could have done a job down there :thumbsup:

Archived