Romanov wants more

EreWeG0..

Forgive me if this has been posted.

My link

What do the Romanov haters think of that? He seems to want what all hearts supporters want

Captain America

My link

What do the Romanov haters think of that? He seems to want what all hearts supporters want

The pic is Adrian and caption underneath says it's Zal.

I like Zal's bit at the end

"We had just two managers. Maybe every 18 months it's time to change."

My link

And when he delivers everyone will love him.

I think it's instilled in the Scottish football way of thinking that no one can beat the OF, VR wants to dispel this trend, and so does every die hard Jambo to a person, giruy gfa & weedge press. <_<

givememychoice

My link

I want a ferrari, doesnt mean i have the money to get one.

I have no doubt Romanov wants to win the league with Hearts.

I have every doubt about his ability to succeed.

Probably worth more debate than the OP to be honest.

You got nothing better to do?

Probably worth more debate than the OP to be honest.

:interesting:

it's actually quite an interesting point on a couple of scores.

some time ago, romanov was roundly panned for coming out with a statement to suggest that he was no longer interested in trying to win the title, because of the inherent mafia of scottish football. he instead was focusing on developing players and selling them.

if this is to be believed, it would suggest a departure from that stated aim.

so the interesting points would be:

1. would the same people who panned him the last time be happy about this, or would they moan about unrealistic goals being set?

2. would these people be happy to see ambitious (overly perhaps) goals being set, AND be understanding if and when the current manager is removed in the future, if and when the goals aren't met?

If Romanov is serious then he does need to strengthen the squad an put his hand in his pocket, wont win it with the current squad..

You got nothing better to do?

Can you tell ?

Seriously unless VR is going to cut out the interference and provide the manager with the tools to achieve his aim it is the most pointless statement in a long line of pointless VR statements.

Can you tell ?

Seriously unless VR is going to cut out the interference and provide the manager with the tools to achieve his aim it is the most pointless statement in a long line of pointless VR statements.

I agree he needs to strenghten the squad...hopefully given time he will let Sergio pic a few players, no point in making a staement like that unless you are prepared to do what is necessary to acheive it.

:interesting:

it's actually quite an interesting point on a couple of scores.

some time ago, romanov was roundly panned for coming out with a statement to suggest that he was no longer interested in trying to win the title, because of the inherent mafia of scottish football. he instead was focusing on developing players and selling them.

if this is to be believed, it would suggest a departure from that stated aim.

so the interesting points would be:

1. would the same people who panned him the last time be happy about this, or would they moan about unrealistic goals being set?

2. would these people be happy to see ambitious (overly perhaps) goals being set, AND be understanding if and when the current manager is removed in the future, if and when the goals aren't met?

No harm in setting a target. Budget for 4th in the league and hope for better would be a sensible strategy at Hearts.

Firing a Hearts manager because he didn't win the league with the current setups would be lunacy. Unless the 'wicked circumstances' which have prevented us winning in the past have disappeared with JJ's sacking of course.

Only a Game

I set targets, forecasts and budgets at work.

I wouldnt dream of walking into my boss's office with an unlikely and extremely challenging target without having detailed analysis and a detailed plan as to how I was going to achieve it. He'd laugh me out of the office.

When Romanov says he sets winning the title as a target, you should laugh. Your meant to laugh, its the only possible response you can give, because not once has he ever presented a detailed plan about how it would be achieved, starting off with where the ?20-?30 million budget is coming from, that would need to be in place for it to be anything approaching realistic.

scott herbertson

I wouldnt dream of walking into my boss's office with an unlikely and extremely challenging target without having detailed analysis and a detailed plan as to how I was going to achieve it. He'd laugh me out of the office.

When Romanov says he sets winning the title as a target, you should laugh. Your meant to laugh, its the only possible response you can give, because not once has he ever presented a detailed plan about how it would be achieved, starting off with where the ?20-?30 million budget is coming from, that would need to be in place for it to be anything approaching realistic.

The difference is he IS the boss

He can set the targets, unrealistic or not. Most bosses set targets which are above current performance - current performance is a regular 3rd

No harm in setting a target. Budget for 4th in the league and hope for better would be a sensible strategy at Hearts.

Firing a Hearts manager because he didn't win the league with the current setups would be lunacy. Unless the 'wicked circumstances' which have prevented us winning in the past have disappeared with JJ's sacking of course.

I think JJ was fired for the results at the end of last season too, we were 23 points ahead of Dundee Utd in january and only just scraped it.

I am prepared to see if Sergio can keep up the 3rd place tag with the current squad, but Romanov HAS to let him get more players or 3rd is the best we can do.

agree with both of these.

there's no doubt that the title simply wont win itself and land in romanov's lap. it has to be properly funded and even then, to win it in the first season would be incredibly hard.

i was trying to focus more on the fans' reaction to this apparent u-turn. i suppose it's not that black and white because without proper funding, it's only going to end one way.

My link

Well, according to history, all ambitious people actually achieve things so him being ambitious is good B)

Tiberius Stinkfinger

A decent manager can win the SPL with a lesser squad than the uglies, of that I have no doubt.

Comical Ally has already been found out and Lemmon is a time bomb.

Will the powers at GFA headquarters let another another club infringe on the duopoly, I have my doubts.

Was Mr Romanov getting pig farking sick of the constant cowardice of our team playing against the uglies and chucking in the towel before a ball was kicked, the proof is in the sacking !!!

On wards and upwards with some ambition IMO.

Barney Rubble

At what point does Mr Romanov realise what level of investment in the club it would take for us to win the league just saying likes as i thought he would have sussed it out by now !

JamboRossi79

unsure.giflaugh.gif

It would have been interesting to see just how close we could have ran them last year if big Kev had stayed fit.

Buffalo Bill

Ok. I'm in.

The League Championship, please. Can we also get past February in the cup too?

At what point does Mr Romanov realise what level of investment in the club it would take for us to win the league just saying likes as i thought he would have sussed it out by now !

Yep i agree, He needs to put his money where his mouth is..think thats the saying, but the first step is saying it, needs to back up his words

Only a Game

The difference is he IS the boss

He can set the targets, unrealistic or not. Most bosses set targets which are above current performance - current performance is a regular 3rd

He can set unrealistic targets if he wants. I have no problem with targets being set which are above, even well above current performance, in fact you expect to be targetted to improve year on year. However those targets have to come with the tools and the climate to achieve them, something always amiss when Mr Romanov sets the targets, making his target setting nothing but redundant hot air.

grumpyespana

If I was pumping millions into a club I would be expecting better.

Grumpy.

Only a Game

unsure.giflaugh.gif

It would have been interesting to see just how close we could have ran them last year if big Kev had stayed fit.

Okay we missed big Kev, no doubt about that, but the whole squad, including players as key, or almost as key as Kyle, had a massive form slump which lasted for four months.

I fear the answer is, not much closer than we actually finished.

Only a Game

If I was pumping millions into a club I would be expecting better.

Grumpy.

He isnt pumping millions into the club. He's creating and causing debt and waste and then writing it off to make himself look the the good egg.

NewYorkJambo

Article about Zaliukas that has a picture of Mrowiec, lazy journalism.....

Do you think the journalist picked the picture? If you do, probably best you don't comment on the inner workings of magazines, newspapers and websites as you clearly don't know what you are talking about

Im glad he has these demands but he must be realistic too and realise some players on his wage bill aren`t good enough to contribute.

The new manager may get more from certain individuals but will it be enough?

The Real Maroonblood

He isnt pumping millions into the club. He's creating and causing debt and waste and then writing it off to make himself look the the good egg.

Like something out of Yes Minister.

:rolleyes:

maroonshrew

you kind of cant blame him for his take on it. We were five points behind the Old Firm in January so what happened? The players took us that far why couldnt they maintain it? If we had finished ten or 15 points behind them last yr JJ would still be in a job. I dont know, and wont pretend to, what happened re: Kello and Zal and the Old Firm but he probably felt it was his least meddlesome year and it still went wrong when it could have gone so right. He wants to win the league, dont we all.

Only a Game

Will the powers at GFA headquarters let another another club infringe on the duopoly, I have my doubts.

Has there been a season in the entire history of Scottish football where the GFA sucessfully intervened to stop an non Old Firm team winning the league ?

If we're good enough, they wouldnt be able to stop us and I doubt very much whether they'd even have a mind to.

Possibly an argument best left for when we are actually good enough. I wont wait up.

Buffalo Bill

Okay we missed big Kev, no doubt about that, but the whole squad, including players as key, or almost as key as Kyle, had a massive form slump which lasted for four months.

Slightly disagree.

Big Kevin was for me, our talisman. Not only did we look really good up top with him in the team, but he seemed to give everyone, even the fans, a boost.

I don't think we'd have had such a bad run with him in there, creating fear and panic amongst the opposition.

Barney Rubble

you kind of cant blame him for his take on it. We were five points behind the Old Firm in January so what happened? The players took us that far why couldnt they maintain it? If we had finished ten or 15 points behind them last yr JJ would still be in a job. I dont know, and wont pretend to, what happened re: Kello and Zal and the Old Firm but he probably felt it was his least meddlesome year and it still went wrong when it could have gone so right. He wants to win the league, dont we all.

What happened was that the quality just wasnt there in sufficient numbers to see us through a whole season , vlads problem is he thinks he can win the league on a shoe string make some money on selling a player or two then everyones a winner , reality is no one ever buys into a football club to make money so why does Vlad think he can do it , i compare us to Trotters independant traders we have will and the wit to talk a good game but when it comes down to hard facts we need the keys to the vaults of ukio if we really want to make something happen .

Only a Game

Slightly disagree.

Big Kevin was for me, our talisman. Not only did we look really good up top with him in the team, but he seemed to give everyone, even the fans, a boost.

I don't think we'd have had such a bad run with him in there, creating fear and panic amongst the opposition.

Which then begs the question, why did we do nothing to address the void he left when it was apparent, right from the off I might add, that Kyle would be out for several vital weeks.

In terms of signing a replacement, which we had the chance to do whilst still 4 points off the top of the league, or changing tactics to suit what we had left, nothing was done.

The only way this club can grow is if we are CHALLENGING each year. Statistics prove this. Tell me why would Romanov want waste money on moving us stadium if this wasn't the case?

JamboRossi79

I don't disagree at all and unfortunately we'll never know but I think that one player was a major reason for the slump in others especially Temps as he wasn't getting the same space that he would have got had KK been there worrying the defenders.

I think with a couple of quality signings in the right positions and a bit of luck and we could give both the bigot brothers something to worry about.

It's a bit ironic now but we could have won all of our opening games of this season.

Buffalo Bill

Which then begs the question, why did we do nothing to address the void he left when it was apparent, right from the off I might add, that Kyle would be out for several vital weeks.

In terms of signing a replacement, which we had the chance to do whilst still 4 points off the top of the league, or changing tactics to suit what we had left, nothing was done.

This, I agree.

I was delighted when we signed Kyle in 2010 but the first thing I thought was we need a back up for this guy.

Maybe Vlad did`nt want to cough up? Maybe we(Hearts) didn`t realise the extent of KK`s injury at the time until it was too late?

Maybe Vlad thought the management should have been able to get by with what was left? Unless Vlad opened the biscuit tin in surprise i think there was no more money in the intial pot for the season and the management had to nurture what was there.

jambopompey

agree with both of these.

there's no doubt that the title simply wont win itself and land in romanov's lap. it has to be properly funded and even then, to win it in the first season would be incredibly hard.

i was trying to focus more on the fans' reaction to this apparent u-turn. i suppose it's not that black and white because without proper funding, it's only going to end one way.

i think that after the feck up from GB and the list of zombies afterwards that VR may be slowly seeing he light, JJ brought us stability but no get at the old firm, he may see that Mr Paulo is the one to take us to the next step

The only way this club can grow is if we are CHALLENGING each year. Statistics prove this. Tell me why would Romanov want waste money on moving us stadium if this wasn't the case?

this is another good point. a real chicken and egg scenario.

it was always a real hope of mine that, in the event of us being supplied with a new stadium or expended tynecastle, it would be accompanied by an appetite on the part of the business group for the stadiums seats to be occupied.

and there's only one way to achieve that.

Only a Game

I don't disagree at all and unfortunately we'll never know but I think that one player was a major reason for the slump in others especially Temps as he wasn't getting the same space that he would have got had KK been there worrying the defenders.

I think with a couple of quality signings in the right positions and a bit of luck and we could give both the bigot brothers something to worry about.

It's a bit ironic now but we could have won all of our opening games of this season.

I think we're a hell of a lot better than our last 15 results suggests we are.

I dont think we're close enough to either of the OF, relatively poor as they both are compared with previous years, to mount a SERIOUS challenge. I think to do that you need a backbone to the team of the highest possible quality. Goalkeeper- centre half - central midfielder - striker. Kello just about fits the bill, the rest we simply dont have.

Now, if we were to discover a ?30k per week hole in our finances that allowed us to sign the rest of the backbone, we might have a challenge on our hands. Until then we're battling with the rest for a distant 3rd IMO.

Yes we could have won all our opening games this season. Against Rangers two good chances fell to a non striker. Against Paksi, a bit more ambition and we would would have finished the tie there and then. And against Dundee Utd........ err......emm, we could have not ran out of ideas after 30 minutes.(sorry but they were better than us overall and on the day and they deserved to win IMO)

Archived