Motherwell v Hearts

superwellfan

superwellfan

Hi guys

Just wondering how many of you are expected to come down to Fir Park on sunday, what's your match predictions etc etc :)

Do you think John Sutton has any chance of scoring against us aswell? :unsure:

Hi guys

Just wondering how many of you are expected to come down to Fir Park on sunday, what's your match predictions etc etc :)

Can't see there being a great number of us to be honest, what with us having to shell out for European fixtures, etc. :thumbsup: Maybe 1,500.

Would reckon it'll be a tight game, can't say i'm hugely optimistic but hoping for a decent performance and maybe winning it by the odd goal. Obviously it will be interesting to see how the players react to goings on.

Certainly wont be putting money on Sutton scoring, but it would be a great game for him to get up and running! :woot:

superwellfan

1500, 0 - 3, Yes :thumbsup:

bold prediction Joe, I will go 2-0 to the 'Well, Jamie Murphy double :ninja:

Very curious as to the reception Sutton will get. Miiight be ok ;)

I'm going. Not sure of the crowd expected cos haven't been to fir park since the 3-1 defeat a couple of seasons ago. If I'm honest I think we can sneak a narrow win.

As for sutton, players often come back to haunt old clubs so I hope so but I haven't been impressed by him so far ( early days though ).

joe.gausden

bold prediction Joe, I will go 2-0 to the 'Well, Jamie Murphy double :ninja:

Very curious as to the reception Sutton will get. Miiight be ok ;)

When the feck do you lot give anyone from Hearts a decent reception. We loaned you the goal machine that was Calum Elliot and all you did was give him a hard time :lol:

Hi guys

Think a lot will depend on how things go for the first game after JJ's departure, ie a win on Thursday night will do lot for the confidence of not only the players but the fans.

Can't imagine doing any better than half filling the away stand.

Certainly from what I have seen so far of Sutton he is unlikely to score against you however that has partly been due to the way JJ has been setting the team out not a reflection on Sutton's goalscoring ability

When the feck do you lot give anyone from Hearts a decent reception. We loaned you the goal machine that was Calum Elliot and all you did was give him a hard time :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

superwellfan

I'm sure Calum Elliot never stopped complaining about his commute to training everyday, never seemed at all interested in playing for us.

Then again, I'm sure alot of us weren't too keen on developing a player for the Jambos :lol::P

Was there a similar situation when Novikovas was loaned to St Johnstone?

I'm sure Calum Elliot never stopped complaining about his commute to training everyday, never seemed at all interested in playing for us.

Then again, I'm sure alot of us weren't too keen on developing a player for the Jambos :lol::P

Was there a similar situation when Novikovas was loaned to St Johnstone?

Not that i heard about, but then again we loaned them a not bad player...... :whistling:

superwellfan

Whatever the result, Motherwell will still be a hole for jobless, weegie wannabes. thumbsup.gif

Weegie wannabes? :blink:

as the old song goes 'We hate Glasgow Rangers, we hate Celtic too, they're shite!' :D

I'll refrain from typing the last part of the chant as I'm trying to be a courteous visitor :P

as the old song goes 'We hate Glasgow Rangers, we hate Celtic too, they're shite!' :D

I'll refrain from typing the last part of the chant as I'm trying to be a courteous visitor :P

It's alright, we hear it when virtually every other team's fans sing it ;)

motherwell is the skid-marked, pish-stained underpants of scotland.

i wouldn't go back there if it was the world's last save haven from rabies.

1-1 i reckon.

He sure did, the wee lamb moaned about not getting home till after 5pm at night.

It was round about this time that I lost any respect that I had for the little tool!!!

Here is a serious question about your club so don't take offence please. How do you feel about the fact they built that huge stand solely to cater for as many old firm fans as possible while the home support are housed in inferior stands?

jambo_til_i_die

Whatever the result, Motherwell will still be a hole for jobless, weegie wannabes. thumbsup.gif

Now, now. Be kind to the outsider.

superwellfan

Here is a serious question about your club so don't take offence please. How do you feel about the fact they built that huge stand solely to cater for as many old firm fans as possible while the home support are housed in inferior stands?

Well the Davie Cooper Stand I wouldn't say is inferior, it's just half the size. The East Stand is a shithole of a stand and needs refurbished, that's where our more vociferous fans sit/stand. The Phil O'Donnell stand must have been built when men were about a foot smaller because it's not a very comfortable stand to sit in.

I think we have enough home seats to cater for us most of the time, so that huge South Stand (away stand) doesn't annoy me. :thumbsup:

What annoyed me was when the Old Scum came to town and they moved us Davie Cooper season ticket holders into the East Stand or Phil O'Donnell stand to squeeze more of they weegies in :verymad:

Well the Davie Cooper Stand I wouldn't say is inferior, it's just half the size. The East Stand is a shithole of a stand and needs refurbished, that's where our more vociferous fans sit/stand. The Phil O'Donnell stand must have been built when men were about a foot smaller because it's not a very comfortable stand to sit in.

I think we have enough home seats to cater for us most of the time, so that huge South Stand (away stand) doesn't annoy me. :thumbsup:

What annoyed me was when the Old Scum came to town and they moved us Davie Cooper season ticket holders into the East Stand or Phil O'Donnell stand to squeeze more of they weegies in :verymad:

Fair enough. If hearts built a bigger better stand for the away support and shunted ST holders out their seats anytime the old firm wanted more tickets I would be fuming.in fact I think the club is obligated to look after the home support rather than chase the old firm buck. Still I suppose you must get used to getting treated like shite by your own club eventually.

scott herbertson

Always enjoyed the games against motherwell, never been much in it over the years way back to the texaco Cup games and old style league table league cup tussles

Ill be there take any win now.

We never do well after Europe, Motherwell are a good side.

Hope it's sunny :)

Is it true that when they built the main stand it was supposed to run the full length but the owner of the wee bungalow behind objected and won and thats why it has a metal pole thing holding it up ?? oh aye and a wee bus shelter :lol:

superwellfan

Fair enough. If hearts built a bigger better stand for the away support and shunted ST holders out their seats anytime the old firm wanted more tickets I would be fuming.in fact I think the club is obligated to look after the home support rather than chase the old firm buck. Still I suppose you must get used to getting treated like shite by your own club eventually.

That's exactly it johnjl, they should be working on increasing the Motherwell support for these games instead of chasing money from those unwashed hordes.

Also, Teams like Motherwell, Kilmarnock, St Johnstone etc, have lots of fans that stay away from their games with the old firm because they are just too much hassle with regards to the shite that both of the bigot brothers sing, some people don't bring their kids because of the poisonous atmosphere. Credit to our board, they realised their mistake in 2009 and no longer move us out the Cooper stand when they come to town.

....but anyways, I really think clubs our size should be enticing back the lapsed home supporter for these games. ;)

superwellfan

Is it true that when they built the main stand it was supposed to run the full length but the owner of the wee bungalow behind objected and won and thats why it has a metal pole thing holding it up ?? oh aye and a wee bus shelter :lol:

That's true about the main stand Heartbeat :lol:

I always thought that wee shelter bit was disabled spaces.....I think

Robbo-Jambo

That's true about the main stand Heartbeat :lol:

I always thought that wee shelter bit was disabled spaces.....I think

Would be interested to hear your take on John Sutton <_< I know its early days but he has not looked as good as thought he might be thus far. :(

heartsfc_fan

Would be interested to hear your take on John Sutton <_< I know its early days but he has not looked as good as thought he might be thus far. :(

I was going to ask the same thing.

Wellfan, was Sutton a target man when at Motherwell? JJ seemed to use him as one in the 3 games this season and it hasn't worked.

That's exactly it johnjl, they should be working on increasing the Motherwell support for these games instead of chasing money from those unwashed hordes.

Also, Teams like Motherwell, Kilmarnock, St Johnstone etc, have lots of fans that stay away from their games with the old firm because they are just too much hassle with regards to the shite that both of the bigot brothers sing, some people don't bring their kids because of the poisonous atmosphere. Credit to our board, they realised their mistake in 2009 and no longer move us out the Cooper stand when they come to town.

....but anyways, I really think clubs our size should be enticing back the lapsed home supporter for these games. ;)

Teams like Motherwell, Killie, St Johnstone etc have a lot of fans that stay away from all your games :whistling:

superwellfan

I thought Sutton had a surprisingly excellent season in 2010-11 for Motherwell.

He had Jamie Murphy to play off of, and Murphy is fast and very skillful (he should have had a Scotland call up by now imo) , so it made for a good combination.

Sutton was regularly played left midfield when Lukas Jutkiewicz was with us, and that certainly didn't suit him.

He's certainly got a knack for being in the right place at the right time, even if he's not the quickest and runs like a terminator :lol:

If Hearts have players that can get good service to him, I certainly think he could bang in a few goals.

I was quite surprised that Hearts signed him to be honest, because him and Kyle are very similar players I would think :unsure:

superwellfan

Teams like Motherwell, Killie, St Johnstone etc have a lot of fans that stay away from all your games :whistling:

We can't all be big, east coast city clubs like Heart of Midlothian mind :P

Bit off topic but I've never had the opportunity to say this before... I feel respect for supporters of teams such as St Mirren, Kilmarnock, Motherwell etc as they are loyal to their hometown club.

I was in Dunfermline town centre a few weeks back and was sad enough to count the Rangers tops I saw.

13 :facepalm:

I was there for two hours. And it wasn't busy.

It's sad really, without loyal supporters like you superwellfan the smaller scottish clubs would be down the tube. Even in Edinburgh, most are jambos/hibbies, but you do get a fair amount of OF fans who were brought up and live here who claim to be supporters yet don't go to the games. Why not support your local team!?

Just the way things are in Scottish football :(.

Back on topic, expecting a poor turn out from us to be honest. I'll be there with 1 or 4 others though depending on things.

My heart says a score draw but I will decide after Thursday's result :)

superwellfan

Bit off topic but I've never had the opportunity to say this before... I feel respect for supporters of teams such as St Mirren, Kilmarnock, Motherwell etc as they are loyal to their hometown club.

I was in Dunfermline town centre a few weeks back and was sad enough to count the Rangers tops I saw.

13 :facepalm:

I was there for two hours. And it wasn't busy.

It's sad really, without loyal supporters like you superwellfan the smaller scottish clubs would be down the tube. Even in Edinburgh, most are jambos/hibbies, but you do get a fair amount of OF fans who were brought up and live here who claim to be supporters yet don't go to the games. Why not support your local team!?

Just the way things are in Scottish football :(.

Back on topic, expecting a poor turn out from us to be honest. I'll be there with 1 or 4 others though depending on things.

My heart says a score draw but I will decide after Thursday's result :)

thank you Teddy :thumbsup:

I have great respect for all supporters of clubs in Scotland outwith the Old Firm.

Even though Hearts are 3rd biggest team in Scotland, it's great to see that you are all supporting your local team, as I would assume that your core support doesn't stray toooo far away from the Edinburgh area.

The same cannot be said of Rangers and Celtic because their reach for support ranges from the bloody Shetlands right down to Gretna and beyond, for reasons which have nothing to do with football; religion, the politics of Ireland etc that their bigoted, braindead support kid on they have a clue about.

It's sad when you see a fair amount in OF tops in Motherwell, Kilmarnock, Dunfermline town centres because why anyone would want to align themselves with those 2 showers of shite from Glasgow is beyond me.

Has it always been like this? Was there a time when it was solely Glaswegians that watched the Old Firm? I ask this because I'm only 18 and all my life there have been these people in my town. Don't get me wrong, I reckon Motherwell have a great support in Lanarkshire and I would go as far to say that we are the biggest non-city team in Scotland but it would be brilliant if places like here didn't have a big OF presence too

thank you Teddy :thumbsup:

I have great respect for all supporters of clubs in Scotland outwith the Old Firm.

Even though Hearts are 3rd biggest team in Scotland, it's great to see that you are all supporting your local team, as I would assume that your core support doesn't stray toooo far away from the Edinburgh area.

The same cannot be said of Rangers and Celtic because their reach for support ranges from the bloody Shetlands right down to Gretna and beyond, for reasons which have nothing to do with football; religion, the politics of Ireland etc that their bigoted, braindead support kid on they have a clue about.

It's sad when you see a fair amount in OF tops in Motherwell, Kilmarnock, Dunfermline town centres because why anyone would want to align themselves with those 2 showers of shite from Glasgow is beyond me.

Has it always been like this? Was there a time when it was solely Glaswegians that watched the Old Firm? I ask this because I'm only 18 and all my life there have been these people in my town. Don't get me wrong, I reckon Motherwell have a great support in Lanarkshire and I would go as far to say that we are the biggest non-city team in Scotland but it would be brilliant if places like here didn't have a big OF presence too

Agree with most of that.

I'm not sure if people living/being born outside Glasgow do support Rangers and Celtic because of Protestantism/Catholicism as there are other teams which once upon a day were assosciated with these two Christian faiths. Namely us and Dundee are supposed Protestant teams, and Hibs and Dundee United are on the other side... so if people were bothered that much about choosing a team because of their religious stance they don't have to choose the Old Firm. Or maybe not. Who knows.

I don't consider Hearts in any way a Protestant team, I'm completely non-religious and support Hearts because my family has for generations, and are my local team: entirely non-religious reasons.

I think the problem we have here are glory-hunters. Even being a Jambo you do realise fluctuations in attendance which depend on our form. People do want to watch and be assosciated with the best team, especially non-loyal supporters. Obviously the Old Firm are the best two teams in Scotland, so this is what happens.

Let's be grateful we have people who are loyal to their hometown team like all non OF fans. Personally I believe if the OF never existed then teams like Motherwell etc would be getting much better attendances.

It's a problem, it always has been and it shall be for the forseeable future.

Fir Park is probably the worst stadium I've visited.

Ugly as **** and I hate being put away in the top tier.

Aye, Fir Park is a poor ground. Can hardly see the near byline from the top tier.

Went to the one back in December and my mate who is vertically challenged had to stand on his seat to watch the penalty. Shite designing.

superwellfan

Agree with most of that.

I'm not sure if people living/being born outside Glasgow do support Rangers and Celtic because of Protestantism/Catholicism as there are other teams which once upon a day were assosciated with these two Christian faiths. Namely us and Dundee are supposed Protestant teams, and Hibs and Dundee United are on the other side... so if people were bothered that much about choosing a team because of their religious stance they don't have to choose the Old Firm. Or maybe not. Who knows.

I don't consider Hearts in any way a Protestant team, I'm completely non-religious and support Hearts because my family has for generations, and are my local team: entirely non-religious reasons.

I think the problem we have here are glory-hunters. Even being a Jambo you do realise fluctuations in attendance which depend on our form. People do want to watch and be assosciated with the best team, especially non-loyal supporters. Obviously the Old Firm are the best two teams in Scotland, so this is what happens.

Let's be grateful we have people who are loyal to their hometown team like all non OF fans. Personally I believe if the OF never existed then teams like Motherwell etc would be getting much better attendances.

It's a problem, it always has been and it shall be for the forseeable future.

Even though Hearts and Dundee are of a supposed Protestant leaning, and Hibs and Dundee United of a supposed Catholic leaning, it's certainly not something that, as an outsider, I see as being an integral part of the psyche of the fans of these 4 clubs. Thankfully, none of these clubs openly embrace which side of the religious divide they lean to.

The same cannot be said of the Old Firm. They know that religion is a huge part in the identity of their clubs. Whilst these 2 clubs don't actively promote bigotry and sectarianism, they really don't do enough to help the problem. It may sound trivial to some, but the tunes that they play at Ibrox/Parkhead before kick off and at HT have a distinctly Orange Order/Irish Republican feel to them, which gets their support in that 'us and them' mood before they start belting out nonsense about guarding old Derry's walls and glorifying the IRA. These songs, sung by thousands of them are clearly audible on television. The media takes no notice. It doesn't get picked up by the papers or television so as to not affect their readership/viewership. The media is hoaching with pundits pandering to the Old Firm, paying lip service to important matters like this only when they can get a good angle on their story. It's like they say to the 2 of them 'right your the goodies this week, and your the baddies, but next week you both get to be the goodies!!'

They'll sure as hell pick up on a couple of stinkin racists in a Motherwell crowd though.

I do agree also that they have larger fanbases due to their success. I just think though that their embrace of religion, is certainly an equally as huge factor :(

Oh, and I also agree that teams like Motherwell would have better crowds if the OF didn't exist because then hopefully more people would watch their local team :thumbsup:

remember that debarcle when the game got stoped at half time and motherwell hadnt handed out ticket stubs one lonely steward came out with a load of tickets and nearly got crushed to death/raped before he was pulled to safety,then the return game pat nevin scored a last minute winner :verymad:

We can't all be big, east coast city clubs like Heart of Midlothian mind :P

Indeed you can't. Very sage observation.

Archived