JJ on Sportsound

The Comedian

I am a JJ fan, but accept the run of results and form has been a bit up and down.

One area where he has outperformed all other managers is in his handling of Romanov, and it'd be great to have him at the club as DOF/anything, just to keep the collective heids around the place.

Having said all that, if Kyle had stayed fit, none of this happens. Tough break, as I think JJ would have laid some foundations and handed on to the next guy in 18 months or so. As it is, we are much better than under Csaba, and with a reduced wage bill and budget.

Top geezer JJ.

This this and this again

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Confidentialty agreement or no confidentiality agreement, I honestly don't think it would have mattered in terms of JJ 'dishing the dirt'.

He's a Jambo, he's also an utter gent - he just wouldn't do that.

Exactly....total gent!! Only ever had Hearts best interests in mind.....class act. It's easy to get excited about the PS appointment (naturally) but also easy to forget the respect that JJ has shown Hearts from day one.

Sorry to see JJ go but chuffed we didn't hang around long enough for Jimmy Calderwood to be linked with the job!!!!

So am I.

This is a guy who took our club from the gutter and gave it its pride back. He did that by building a team over a number of years which ultimately won our first trophy in 40 years and was just a pleasure to watch. Quite honestly he gave me one of the greatest days of my life.

He didn't do it in 18 months, but he did it. I thought he would do it again, I still think he would've done it again.

So it is against this background that I say that the thing that saddens me as much as anything is the lack of respect amd compassion, which he has most certainly earned, shown by the smiley brigade on here. Maybe you are too young to remember but IMHO Hearts fans, proper Hearts fans, will agree with DH.

Paulo Sergio will do absolutely hee haw at Hearts. Worse than that, he won't give a flying ****.

And the smileys in response? Stick them up your arse.

That's it!! That is it!!

All yesterday and today I've wanted to comment on how I felt and couldn't think how to word it, and you my friend have nailed it for me. :thumbsup:

kennyblack'sshot

So am I.

This is a guy who took our club from the gutter and gave it its pride back. He did that by building a team over a number of years which ultimately won our first trophy in 40 years and was just a pleasure to watch. Quite honestly he gave me one of the greatest days of my life.

He didn't do it in 18 months, but he did it. I thought he would do it again, I still think he would've done it again.

So it is against this background that I say that the thing that saddens me as much as anything is the lack of respect amd compassion, which he has most certainly earned, shown by the smiley brigade on here. Maybe you are too young to remember but IMHO Hearts fans, proper Hearts fans, will agree with DH.

Paulo Sergio will do absolutely hee haw at Hearts. Worse than that, he won't give a flying ****.

Agree with most of what you say except the last bit. I am a massive JJ fan and he was the right appointment at the right time and should have been given this season to continue the good work. However there is no evidence whatsoever that Sergio won't give a "flying ****". Not every manager we appoint is a Hearts fan like JJ, but that doesn't mean they don't want to do a good job. I do agree that Serguio will do very little of note and we will be discussing the next managerial appointment around this time next year.

I'm loving everyone wishing JJ had taken he DOF job. There was no way in hell he was taking it. It wasn't even considered. VR offering him it was nothing more than a smokescreen to fool the fans. And the sad thing is it has worked. He fooled you. Fools. He'd have shat himself had Jim accepted.

I'm loving everyone wishing JJ had taken he DOF job. There was no way in hell he was taking it. It wasn't even considered. VR offering him it was nothing more than a smokescreen to fool the fans. And the sad thing is it has worked. He fooled you. Fools. He'd have shat himself had Jim accepted.

your taking the ripping of your "scoop" rather well.

Tommy Wiseau

your taking the ripping of your "scoop" rather well.

:lol:

BigO has gone full blown heel in the last few days. Calling the fans fools is really cheap heat though, would have liked at least a chair shot or two to a fan favourite like Franco.

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG MR ROMANOV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNgxyL5zEAk

So am I.

So it is against this background that I say that the thing that saddens me as much as anything is the lack of respect and compassion, which he has most certainly earned, shown by the smiley brigade on here. Maybe you are too young to remember but IMHO Hearts fans, proper Hearts fans, will agree with DH.

I thought that was a good post at least the first half

Most of us had that same dream, that history would repeat, that Jefferies would stick about for a few years, build another great team win the cup again and then ride off into the sunset or into the semiretirement of a Director of Football position benevolently overseeing progress and ready to step in and steady the ship when needed.

That would have been great and maybe if it weren't for recent events that dream might have come true. Dreams do sometimes but unfortunately they usually don't.

I'd have given him another year to get things running smoothly, maybe you'd have given him two a small minority were calling for his head not long after Kyle became unavailable. But it's Vlad that signs the cheques and he ran out of patience on Monday. He's clearly didn't find that dream as seductive as you and I did.

What we have lost is something brilliant that might have happened. It's the death of a dream and sadness is to be expected when that happens. Anger is understandable but in the end all that remains is to dream a fresh dream and hope it comes true as they sometimes do

BigO has gone full blown heel in the last few days. Calling the fans fools is really cheap heat though, would have liked at least a chair shot or two to a fan favourite like Franco.

I've taken a Mick Foley-esque beating the last few days. I used to be Dude Love, but lately I've gone all Mankind.

What would you call a group of people who have been fooled? If they ain't fools, I'm Bill Cosby's dad*.

As for the ripping of my scoop. Well, that cut me to the quick. I sat on that info like a good wee boy for so long, was very worried at the time cos JJ and BB were very close to walking over it and if that had happened, we'd have had carnage on our hands at the time. Hoped it had blown over. Apparently we only believe what's written in the press on here. And then only if it suits agenda.

FWIW, I'm behind the new guy and when I'm back in Edin in a couple of weeks, I'll be at the three games I'm in town for (luckily for me, a euro tie and the derby!) - Hearts lives on.

*I'm not.

You need that cheap heat sometimes tho, I cant wait to see a black an whitefeather boa round the neck and a change of name to Hollywood Big O.

I've taken a Mick Foley-esque beating the last few days. I used to be Dude Love, but lately I've gone all Mankind.

What would you call a group of people who have been fooled? If they ain't fools, I'm Bill Cosby's dad*.

As for the ripping of my scoop. Well, that cut me to the quick. I sat on that info like a good wee boy for so long, was very worried at the time cos JJ and BB were very close to walking over it and if that had happened, we'd have had carnage on our hands at the time. Hoped it had blown over. Apparently we only believe what's written in the press on here. And then only if it suits agenda.

FWIW, I'm behind the new guy and when I'm back in Edin in a couple of weeks, I'll be at the three games I'm in town for (luckily for me, a euro tie and the derby!) - Hearts lives on.

*I'm not.

Good man.

North Berwick Jambo

I am willing to bet that despite all of this that JJ will be back at Tynecastle within 12 months but not in the managers role! nap :whistling:

So am I.

I am sure JJ has a place in all fan'sAI am sure JJ has a place in all fan's hearts andnd the smileys in response? Stick them up your arse.

I am sure JJ has a place in all fan's hearts and had many strengths and clearly felt for the club but I don't think we were in the gutter when he first took over. McDonald was the manager who gave us our pride back (unfortunately also our worst day) and he wasn't a Hearts man. We must all hope that the new manager does well during his tenure and give him a chance do we not??

Archived