Hearts XI v Dunfermline (merged threads)

basher161

Team lined up as follows:

Hamilton

Mullen

Barr

Hamilton

Delaney

Driver

Skacel

Robinson

Novikovas

Smith

Deniran

Went 1 nil down early doors, young Hamilton equalised. Robinson put Hearts 2-1 up before half time.

Lost the game 5-2 and it's safe to say the Darren Barr won't be near the first team under our new manager who had a few choice words on the sidelines about Barr's performance which can only be described as horrific.

Dunfermline played an almost full strength side from what I could see. Skacel was taken off at half time and will be in the squad for Thursday night.

Team for Thursday is apparently:

Kello

McGowan

Webster (if fit)

Zaliukas

Grainger

Hammill

Obua

Jonsson

Templeton

Sutton

Elliott

If Webster doesn't make it then Jonsson will play CB and Black will start in midfield. Bit harsh on Mrowiec in my opinion, I'm not his biggest fan but he was arguably our best player against Dundee Utd.

Jonsson back in midfield. Black & Mrowiec out the team. If it's true then I'll be delighted.

Will wait and see though.

h-e-a-r-t-s

Hamilton

Mullen

Barr

Hamilton

Delaney

Driver

Skacel

Robinson

Novikovas

Smith

Deniran

Went 1 nil down early doors, young Hamilton equalised. Robinson put Hearts 2-1 up before half time.

Lost the game 5-2 and it's safe to say the Darren Barr won't be near the first team under our new manager who had a few choice words on the sidelines about Barr's performance which can only be described as horrific.

Dunfermline played an almost full strength side from what I could see. Skacel was taken off at half time and will be in the squad for Thursday night.

Kello

McGowan

Webster (if fit)

Zaliukas

Grainger

Hammill

Obua

Jonsson

Templeton

Sutton

Elliott

If Webster doesn't make it then Jonsson will play CB and Black will start in midfield. Bit harsh on Mrowiec in my opinion, I'm not his biggest fan but he was arguably our best player against Dundee Utd.

This isn't a game where we need to be closing down the opposition, we should spend the 90 minutes tearing them a new one. There's a place for Mrowiec IMO but it's not against weak teams at home.

If that is the case then we need to move Barr on before the end of the window and bring in a replacement. No point having him on the books and paying his wages if he isnt even going to make the grade at bench warming level.

Drylaw Hearts

promising that Skacel got a run out considering his deal has expired

I assume we've taken up the option to keep him otherwise he wouldn't have played.

mellors1874

his deal runs untill next year as hearts took up the 1 year option on his contract

Guildford_Jambo

Hamilton

Mullen

Barr

Hamilton

Delaney

Driver

Skacel

Robinson

Novikovas

Smith

Deniran

Kello

McGowan

Webster (if fit)

Zaliukas

Grainger

Hammill

Obua

Jonsson

Templeton

Sutton

Elliott

Source :whistling:

Hamilton

Mullen

Barr

Hamilton

Delaney

Driver

Skacel

Robinson

Novikovas

Smith

Deniran

That is the most attacking Hearts midfield I have ever seen.

Edit: Deniran has been on trial for some time now. Presumably someone at the club thinks he must be close to getting a deal. Anyone seen the boy play?

Walter Bishop

His deal runs until next year.

Not seen it posted yet but we lost it 5-2.

Robinson played well also the nigerian boy looked no to bad. Quite fast didnt stop running the whole game and really put himself about. Delany looked good at left back as did mullen at right back. Barr was poor. Vlad was there with sergio watching it, while lockie took it. Driver looked really unfit but suppose thats what this game was about. The game changed when rudi came off at half time for holt when we were winning 2-1. We hit the post about 4 times and also the bar so the score isnt as bad as it suggests. Most of dunfermlines goals were crackers

Sent from my iPhone

Didnt see this thread. Got to agree about barr. He was terrible

Sent from my iPhone

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

Thanks for the info, There is a thread already on this by basher.

Yeah took me so long to write it on this daft fone. Feel free to delete.

Sent from my iPhone

siegementality

Press conference cancelled for purely footballing reasons. Could it be Sergio thinks we need some strength in depth and wants to act quickly while VR is still around?

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Sad to hear that about Darren Barr, I'd hoped he could still be an important player for us this season.

Charlie-Brown

I saw Deniran play v Tynecastle at Fernieside last saturday - some touches were quite skillful others were not so hot - looked okay playing with a bunch of U19's against East Seniors level players - not so sure how he would step up to SPL level though - might look better with better players around him but wouldn't hold any great expectations - a bit meh tbh!

winston churchill

If that is the case then we need to move Barr on before the end of the window and bring in a replacement. No point having him on the books and paying his wages if he isnt even going to make the grade at bench warming level.

And who would be daft enough to buy him,or even take him off our hands for nothing.

He is also ment to be on silly money for somebody so gash.

Feel a bit sorry for Deniran, he makes some fantastic runs but the service is pretty poor. Jefferies wanted him but not sure what will happen with the boy now with a new manager in place. One thing I will say for Deniran is that no defender in Scotland would catch him if he got in behind, one of the fastest players I have ever seen.

maroonshrew

The midfield four in the dunfermline game line up looks terrifying. And as for the new line up, if true id like ot know the formation. If it lines up 442 id be happy to see it. If it involves Elliott wide right with black hammill and Obua in the middle, not so keen. At home though, do we really need Hamill wide right. Surely we could play Novi and Temps wide.

-----------------Kello------------------

McGowan---Webster----Zaliukas---Grainger

-----------Jonsson-----Hammill----------

Elliott----------Obua----------Templeton

----------------Sutton------------------

Not seen it posted yet but we lost it 5-2.

Robinson played well also the nigerian boy looked no to bad. Quite fast didnt stop running the whole game and really put himself about. Delany looked good at left back as did mullen at right back. Barr was poor. Vlad was there with sergio watching it, while lockie took it. Driver looked really unfit but suppose thats what this game was about. The game changed when rudi came off at half time for holt when we were winning 2-1. We hit the post about 4 times and also the bar so the score isnt as bad as it suggests. Most of dunfermlines goals were crackers

Sent from my iPhone

Promising. Result doesn't matter but pleasing that we scored a couple and rattled the woodwork a few times.

JJ had to go because we have hardly scored a goal this year. Pleased to see the back of Brown though wish him well for the future.

heartsfc_fan

Elliott----------Skacel----------Templeton

:thumbsup:

maroonshrew

sorry, i wrote Black not Jonsson. My biggest positive about a new guy coming in is that we might start utilising Elliott, Kyle and Sutton more effectively rather than hanging Sutton/Elliott out to dry then lambasting them for a lack of goals. This formation and line up brings nothing new. Obviously he will have his own agenda of how to play football but we have an abundance of wingers and seem scared to use them.

Hamilton

Mullen

Barr

Hamilton

Delaney

Driver

Skacel

Robinson

Novikovas

Smith

Deniran

Kello

McGowan

Webster (if fit)

Zaliukas

Grainger

Hammill

Obua

Jonsson

Templeton

Sutton

Elliott

What?!

Have they not struggled with the work permit for Deniran??

I'm pretty sure he has a Bulgarian passport and as they are now part of the EU there should be no work permit issues. :thumbsup:

Hamilton

Mullen

Barr

Hamilton

Delaney

Driver

Skacel

Robinson

Novikovas

Smith

Deniran

Kello

McGowan

Webster (if fit)

Zaliukas

Grainger

Hammill

Obua

Jonsson

Templeton

Sutton

Elliott

Sunday football suits Mrowiec down to the ground.

Unfortunately it wasn't at 11am, unpaid and with a raging hangover.

Forgot to mention novi didnt have the best of games today. Wasnt passing when he should have and gave the ball away too easily when he did

Sent from my iPhone

Konrad von Carstein

Anyone who thinks Mrowiec deserves a game has obviously been at the Opium.

You on the other hand have obviously been drinking bong water all day....he isn't a world beater but he was far from being the worst player on Sunday and always puts a shift in when selected.

It has to be said, i feel sorry for Barr. JJ wasn't keen on him and now he's wasted his chance at a clean sheet for the new manager. Best thing for him would be to go on loan to a Div1 team, honestly don't think he'll be anywhere near first team play this season, anyone know when his contract ends?

Obviously dissapointing that we lost 5-2 but i guess there are positives... Robinson got a goal, Driver and Skacel got a game. WOuld have liked Deniran to score a few, but that's just me.

Richard Luffnan

You on the other hand have obviously been drinking bong water all day....he isn't a world beater but he was far from being the worst player on Sunday and always puts a shift in when selected.

always puts a shift in ?? your need to lie in a dark room mate. medication time !!!!

JamesyJambo

Sutton is hopless up top on his own, 4-4-2 is the best formation in the SPL!

Konrad von Carstein

always puts a shift in ?? your need to lie in a dark room mate. medication time !!!!

So you don't deny the bong water aperitf ? :lol:

Konrad von Carstein

slander young man !!!!!!!!

Only the old ladies in my mums care home call me that nowadays :(:lol:

Governor Tarkin

slander young man !!!!!!!!

Should you not be called Jimmy Loughnan?

Not up to scratch with the Dunfermline squad then bud ? Three u19s playing today, both centre halfs one only 17 and the other 18, and one striker. One of the centre half's was just released by Hearts at the end of the season (dyed in the wool jambo). Don't know what game you were watching, but Dunfermline were the better team and deserved to win the game.

Mullen

Barr

Hamilton

Delaney

Driver

Skacel

Robinson

Novikovas

Smith

Deniran

Kello

McGowan

Webster (if fit)

Zaliukas

Grainger

Hammill

Obua

Jonsson

Templeton

Sutton

Elliott

I'm pretty sure he has a Bulgarian passport and as they are now part of the EU there should be no work permit issues. :thumbsup:

Bulgarian and Romanian passport holders still need to apply for a UK Work Visa. But unlike non-EU passport holders they only need to get sponsorship from UK employer.

Footballfirst

Not up to scratch with the Dunfermline squad then bud ? Three u19s playing today, both centre halfs one only 17 and the other 18, and one striker. One of the centre half's was just released by Hearts at the end of the season (dyed in the wool jambo). Don't know what game you were watching, but Dunfermline were the better team and deserved to win the game.

The ex Hearts centre back would be Jordan Brown, who played with the U17s last season and was probably a tad unlucky not to get a full time contract for this season. He has a great attitude, but I guess that the collective defensive frailties in the U17s last season contributed to him not being kept on.

Archived