Phoenix From The Flames (16.5.98)

N User

This is an idea I had the other day, it could be a lot of fun or it could be a terrible idea.

With the 10 year anniversary of the 98 cup win coming up it seems that a wee bit of fun/celebration should occur.

How about a 98 Cup Final Phoenix From The Flames contest?

Where as many people as possible try to recreate the goals that day in as poor a fashion as possible.

Nearly everybody has access to mobile phone cameras and or DV cameras, and anyone can upload to youtube/google video. It would just be a case of having the balls to make a fool of oneself on camera.

Thoughts?

*also Mp3s/mpegs of the goals that day would be useful for commentary

Malcolm Tucker

I was 7 at the time and I admit I tried to re-create the Adam goal and celebration with my mate in goals.

It was tough trying to get him to make contact with the ball and it still going in.

As long as there's a commentator sayng "Amoruso lets it bounce.." and "Stephane Adam for Hearts!!!" then you can't go wrong.

Great idea.

Loved watching Phoenix from the Flames. We used to act out some Hearts goals when we were younger. I'm sure we must have attempted this at some point.

Buffalo Bill

I might throw a deckchair off my roof to re-create McCoist going down for his penalty.

deckchair.jpg

Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill

The McPherson household had never witnessed such jubilation.

amorous-giraffe.jpg

Buffalo Bill

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
The McPherson household had never witnessed such jubilation.

amorous-giraffe.jpg

Buffalo Bill

Hahahaha superb.

Patrick Bateman

Does anyone know if there are plans to reunite the 98 team? I think the club owes it to us after this shocker of a season. McCann, Fulton, Murray, McPherson, Cameron, Naysmith, Weir, and Hamilton would be fairly easy to attract, Flogel, Rousset and Adam would require more effort.

Does anyone know if there are plans to reunite the 98 team? I think the club owes it to us after this shocker of a season. McCann, Fulton, Murray, McPherson, Cameron, Naysmith, Weir, and Hamilton would be fairly easy to attract, Flogel, Rousset and Adam would require more effort.

The last three would more than happy to appear I reckon ( not at the drop of a hat though I suppose ) .........Fulton and McCann we already have and perhaps only Hammy and Weir would have any 'issues' , being in opposing SPL teams at the moment ?

Is big Dave stil out in Oz ?

Would Judas Ritchie get to come ;)

Buffalo Bill

Mr D Murray congratulates Mr P Ritchie; the outstanding player on the day, and gives him something to think about for the future.

20071102104425backhander_istockj203jpg.jpg

Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill

The players, in their change strip, line up before the match in front of the trusted SFA 'official' branding.

205vd9.jpg

Buffalo Bill

Amoruso Lets it Run ...
I was 7 at the time and I admit I tried to re-create the Adam goal and celebration with my mate in goals.

It was tough trying to get him to make contact with the ball and it still going in.

As long as there's a commentator sayng "Amoruso lets it bounce.." and "Stephane Adam for Hearts!!!" then you can't go wrong.

I'm hoping it was 'Amoruso Lets it Run ...' otherwise my user Id is wrong !! :dribble:

Never thought such a ****e piece of commentary could end up meaning so much ......... :)

and it's Stephane Adam for Hearts ........ :4_1_111:

Here's how to re-create the goal ......

1998051607.jpg

Archived