Well done Vlad

Vlad-Stupid

The Treasurer

Is that about 8 failed managerial appointments now aye? Doing a fecker of a job in recruitment eh?

I think you'll find (if I recall correctly) that JJ is only the 4th FULL TIME manager appointed from outwith the club in Mr Romanov's time here.

Burley , Csaba and Rix being the others.

The other "managers" were care-takers, like Frail, McGlynn etc or promoted from within (Ivanauskas, Malofeev etc)

Not really the managerial "merry-go-round" that the media like to portray or that happens at a club like hibs for example.

Jeremy Goss

I don't disagree with the fact that Jim's record from March has been abysmal and any other manager we would be seriously questioning but Jim did get us to third last season because of a great run starting in November - do people forget this?

I think Romanov has acted too quickly by sacking Jim so soon into the season, wait until the end of August then judge the performances, after all he has backed his new signings.

This Paulo Sergio guy is thankfully of decent pedigree and not some Malofeevesque no mark.

Vlad-Stupid

I don't disagree with the fact that Jim's record from March has been abysmal and any other manager we would be seriously questioning but Jim did get us to third last season because of a great run starting in November - do people forget this?

I think Romanov has acted too quickly by sacking Jim so soon into the season, wait until the end of August then judge the performances, after all he has backed his new signings.

This Paulo Sergio guy is thankfully of decent pedigree and not some Malofeevesque no mark.

JJ did get us third but we have to remember he nearly blew third as well. I do agree with your post but Vlad had to make a decision and only time will tell if it pays off but I'd rather he done it sooner than later. How many more games should JJ have got without a win, the majority on here reported we never look like scoring if we play like we did on Sunday.

Vlad-Stupid

I think you'll find (if I recall correctly) that JJ is only the 4th FULL TIME manager appointed from outwith the club in Mr Romanov's time here.

The other "managers" were care-takers, like Frail, McGlynn etc or promoted from within (Ivanauskas, Malofeev etc)

Not really the managerial "merry-go-round" that the media like to portray or that happens at a club like hibs for example.

Don't let facts get in he way of a good seethe please Treasurerthumbsup.gif

If a manager wins one game in 14 at Hearts, his coat's on a shoogly peg. OUr worry is why did we win 1 in 14 after such a good run of results.

Every time in the last 6 years we've been going well, VR will do something which makes the manager's job infinitely more difficult. It has happened every time.

To think he's getting plaudits for sacking a manager who had a bad record when he was himself massively at the centre of the club's dowturn in fortune on the park is very hard to take.

I've always been behind VR and I've been far from a hatkicker - usually accused of the opposite on here, in fact. But the fact is the guy's crazy. The amount of money he's put into the club, we shouldn't still be where we are. What does the failure come down to? His eccentricity and paranoia and not much more.

Don't get me wrong, it's his money. He can do as he wishes. I'm glad he spends it on us cos I'd hate to think where we'd be if he hadn't stepped in when he did. But let's not be so naive as to not see what's infront of us.

The guy continually makes our club a laughing stock. If you're happy with that, dance on, your life must be filled with marshmallow rainbows and unicorns. Wish I was you.

Actually agree with this to an extent. Upheaval has been rife, but actual managers not as numerous as the papers make out.

The Taches seems to get away with a helluva lot more than VR does in that respect. But then maybe he pays the businesses who do work for his club and that might garner him some respect.

gordon the jambo

I love JJ as much as the next man but things weren't working on the pitch, points haven't been accumulating much this year and we were lucky not to blow an 18 point lead for third place. As ever, not scared to play the pantomime villain, up steps our fearless leader and makes a decision for the best of the club, the team and the fans. Did Vlad sack JJ? No. He realizes his worth to the club and offers him the accolade of becoming director of football. Seeing that we need a change in personnel, does he pick the first eastern European out of work? No. He pulls off a surprising and impressive coup and signs a manager with great potential, one that won 11/17 in the highly acclaimed Portuguese league.

Vlad I salute you :verysmug:

very well said GORGIE RULES with VLAD

Vlad-Stupid

If a manager wins one game in 14 at Hearts, his coat's on a shoogly peg. OUr worry is why did we win 1 in 14 after such a good run of results.

Every time in the last 6 years we've been going well, VR will do something which makes the manager's job infinitely more difficult. It has happened every time.

To think he's getting plaudits for sacking a manager who had a bad record when he was himself massively at the centre of the club's dowturn in fortune on the park is very hard to take.

I've always been behind VR and I've been far from a hatkicker - usually accused of the opposite on here, in fact. But the fact is the guy's crazy. The amount of money he's put into the club, we shouldn't still be where we are. What does the failure come down to? His eccentricity and paranoia and not much more.

Don't get me wrong, it's his money. He can do as he wishes. I'm glad he spends it on us cos I'd hate to think where we'd be if he hadn't stepped in when he did. But let's not be so naive as to not see what's infront of us.

The guy continually makes our club a laughing stock. If you're happy with that, dance on, your life must be filled with marshmallow rainbows and unicorns. Wish I was you.

So it was Vlad's fault we haven't won a game in yonksrolleyes.gif

The Treasurer

Actually agree with this to an extent. Upheaval has been rife, but actual managers not as numerous as the papers make out.

The Taches seems to get away with a helluva lot more than VR does in that respect. But then maybe he pays the businesses who do work for his club and that might garner him some respect.

So you're saying that you can hire and fire as many managers as you want as long as you make sure and pay the plumber on time ????? :blink: :blink:

So it was Vlad's fault we haven't won a game in yonksrolleyes.gif

VR contributed heavily to the fact, yes. JJ and BB found the end of last season nigh on impossible due to outside influence from VR. Think about it man. Doing quite nicely. Only been beaten by the OF in the last 3 or 4 months. Kello thing... form out the windae. IT IS NO COINCIDENCE!!!! (sorry to shout).

It's like he can't help himself. It's a very hard thing to win games with demotivated, angry players. The way VR works, this is the general atmosphere around our club. He treats people like shit.

You know what? If it worked and he had a succesful team for all the money he's put in, I wouldn't care. He could punch babies for all I'd care. Fact is, the way he runs our club is to the detriment of the team on the park. And that's what we are remember, a football team.

So you're saying that you can hire and fire as many managers as you want as long as you make sure and pay the plumber on time ????? :blink: :blink:

What I'm saying is, rightly or wrongly, The Tache gets an easier ride in the press as he treats his stakeholders with more respect. That's the way it is, I'm not saying it's right.

1 win in 14 says it all - thats a hibs record to be proud of not a hearts one. as much as i love JJ he never changed tactics when we were losing on the pitch. for months ive read on here the same thing after we lose a game 'no plan B'. the only thing thats pissed me off is the timing of it all. i think vlad is doing it for the greater good of the club, cause he respects JJ enough to offer him a directors role, but couldnt he have replaced him during the summer instead of creating this chaos at the start of the season.

Archived