Well done Vlad

Vlad-Stupid

Vlad-Stupid

I love JJ as much as the next man but things weren't working on the pitch, points haven't been accumulating much this year and we were lucky not to blow an 18 point lead for third place. As ever, not scared to play the pantomime villain, up steps our fearless leader and makes a decision for the best of the club, the team and the fans. Did Vlad sack JJ? No. He realizes his worth to the club and offers him the accolade of becoming director of football. Seeing that we need a change in personnel, does he pick the first eastern European out of work? No. He pulls off a surprising and impressive coup and signs a manager with great potential, one that won 11/17 in the highly acclaimed Portuguese league.

Vlad I salute you :verysmug:

The Real Maroonblood

I love JJ as much as the next man but things weren't working on the pitch, points haven't been accumulating much this year and we were lucky not to blow an 18 point lead for third place. As ever, not scared to play the pantomime villain, up steps our fearless leader and makes a decision for the best of the club, the team and the fans. Did Vlad sack JJ? No. He realizes his worth to the club and offers him the accolade of becoming director of football. Seeing that we need a change in personnel, does he pick the first eastern European out of work? No. He pulls off a surprising and impressive coup and signs a manager with great potential, one that won 11/17 in the highly acclaimed Portuguese league.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Great sense of humour.

I don't disagree with the decision, but this is little more than a Vladkkaki thread :rolleyes:

We really should have an emoticon for that by now.

Walter Bishop

1078584.gif

Aye, replacing our manger 2 games in with a guy sacked for losing the plot in Portugal before being pumped off rangers is fantastic.

Vlad-Stupid

Aye, replacing our manger 2 games in with a guy sacked for losing the plot in Portugal before being pumped off rangers is fantastic.

:sob: Better sick with good old 1/14 Jim then

difficult and unpopular decision making is the modus operandi of strong leaders.

the decisive nature of this decision is admirable, even if one doesn't fully agree with it.

mr romanov knows that it's a thankless task trying to run a football club while at the same time, being a universally popular figure. as always he has chosen the long term good of the football club over short term popularity.

:smuggy:

Better stick with 3rd placed Jim who was building a side than some boy who failed in Portugal and needs to come to shitey Scotland for a gig now aye.

rudi must stay

it's trademark Vlad, as if a managers just going to accept there's a manager who could do the job better than him :facepalm:

difficult and unpopular decision making is the modus operandi of strong leaders.

the decisive nature of this decision is admirable, even if one doesn't fully agree with it.

mr romanov knows that it's a thankless task trying to run a football club while at the same time, being a universally popular figure. as always he has chosen the long term good of the football club over short term popularity.

Is that about 8 failed managerial appointments now aye? Doing a fecker of a job in recruitment eh?

Its the correct decision, although JJ should have been removed as manager after we stumbled over the finish line at the end of last season.

Placid Casual

Hope you're right, but what exactly do you base this on?

So this guy was managing one of the top teams in "the highly acclaimed portuguese top flight" in the europa league and went out to a team from the diddy spl. He sounds great. Im sure he'll finish at least second which i assume is what is expected of him

As much as he deserved to go... I've got a feeling we may regret this decision. It wasn't so long ago there was a thread saying how lucky we were to have a manager like Jefferies.

I'm sitting on the fence.

Vlad-Stupid

So this guy was managing one of the top teams in "the highly acclaimed portuguese top flight" in the europa league and went out to a team from the diddy spl. He sounds great. Im sure he'll finish at least second which i assume is what is expected of him

are you trying to say Rangers are a poor European side? :vrface:

rudi must stay

seems like short term popularity is exactly what he's going for to me. Have a good run in Europe and then after that who cares

Our owner has aspirations to topple rangers apparently. Failing to beat them with a much bigger club than us is a [mod edit] of a start right enough.

Is that about 8 failed managerial appointments now aye? Doing a fecker of a job in recruitment eh?

mr romanov can only appoint people into positions in good faith. if and when appointments cease to be as productive as he would prefer, he has a choice between fiddling while rome burns... or making a decisive move.

the decisive move is his way. popularity isn't even a consideration. that's a sure fire sign of a clear thinking and strong leader.

people like you don't appreciate him, but he doesn't care. you can't do what he does by consensus.

are you trying to say Rangers are a poor European side? :vrface:

No you're right. Teams around the continent fear rangers. I mean Malmo struggled badly.

Time will tell if it was the correct decision. If it works out, then he's a genius. If it doesn't then :sob:

I was still optimistic about Hearts under JJ though, and now I'll never know what could have been.

:(

Anyway, all the best to PS :thumbsup:

Vlad-Stupid

No you're right. Teams around the continent fear rangers. I mean Malmo struggled badly.

Ah, so all previous form goes out the window and we base this on one game.

:goodone:

Is that not how people are reacting to this season ?

Funny smilies how grown up you are. Ok lets take the epic fail against rangers out of it. What are his credentials that will make us finish better than 3rd?

He didn't win 11 out of 17. He won 11 out of 23. And managed 1 win against the other teams in the top 8.

Best of luck to him, but he got sacked for no producing. I'm sure Vlad will give him time to get it right though.

You forgot to put a wee hilarious picture in there

Walter Bishop

No the last 14 games are what people are reacting to.

Vlad-Stupid

Funny smilies how grown up you are. Ok lets take the epic fail against rangers out of it. What are his credentials that will make us finish better than 3rd?

What are JJ's for actually winning a game?

Sacking the manager due to a bad spell in which he was not allowed to pick players and yet still achieved the aim for the season. Well done Vlad eh

There is no last 14 games the season is 3 games old and before Sunday JJ was the best thing since sliced bread.

hartyfaeclery

mr romanov can only appoint people into positions in good faith. if and when appointments cease to be as productive as he would prefer, he has a choice between fiddling while rome burns... or making a decisive move.

the decisive move is his way. popularity isn't even a consideration. that's a sure fire sign of a clear thinking and strong leader.

people like you don't appreciate him, but he doesn't care. you can't do what he does by consensus.

well said Roman

There is no last 14 games the season is 3 games old and before Sunday JJ was the best thing since sliced bread.

Did you not see all the sack JJ threads after ibrox and Paks? There were.............................. none.

Walter Bishop

:sob:

Walter Bishop

Ok chum, you keep hating. :thumbsup:

So sitting top of the table and unbeaten in the league is not good enough then?

Well strong leadership so it is.

I don't think it will be longterm.

Vlad-Stupid

Haters gonna hate.

People have been moaning about JJ's shite tactics and pish brand of football all year. Vlad has the bottle to do something about it and half of kickback has a fit. You couldn't make it up. You can't win when your Vlad, I'm just glad he made the correct decision for the good of the club, hopefully JJ will move upstairs, then it's win win for everyone (apart from the morons and faux seethers)

Alba gu Brath

Mixed emotions. 1 win in 14 is bottom six material - we were lucky to spread it over two seasons.

But lets have none of this cac about Vlad being a 'strong leader'. He's a bully and a maniac. His record on managerial appointments doesn't say much about his judgement.

And, do I trust some guy Vlad has picked up in Portugal. No.

I'm afraid the future will be the same mediocre merry go round with some glimpses of success now and then. If Vlad is so good, then how come we aint challenging the Ugly Sisters yet?

Archived