Paulo Sergio

Ryan Gosling

Randle P McMurphy

maybe the timing is not as daft as it first appeared. bring in new manager with own contacts and transfer window still open. could be more players coming in?

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has potential to be a very good appointment. Im willing to give the guy and the team my full backing to see if he is up to the task.

Are folk getting excited because he has a fancy name or do they know if he's actually a decent Manager ?

I can honestly say I haven't heard of him.

what's fancy about his name? fairly common portuguese name i would have thought.

If we beat Paksi, any bets we will be drawn against Sporting Lisbon in the play off round.

Placid Casual

Does anyone with a knowledge of Portuguese football know if he's achieved anything as a manager?

Are folk getting excited because he has a fancy name or do they know if he's actually a decent Manager ?

Just asked my Portuguese mate who is a Benfica fan and he hates him (which is good) he also grudgingly says he is a decent manager.

Have to say i had never heard of him either.

I'd be happy with this guy. Hopefully he brings a striker and defender :D

and a player in the mould of bruno aguiar...........

heard it here 1st :P

Drylaw Hearts

Pedigree looks decent DH.

Lot's of jobs in a short space of time worries me.

Maybe he just got the 'big' job too soon.

what's fancy about his name? fairly common portuguese name i would have thought.

We aren't in Portugal so the name is a bit fancy.

The players didn't get on with him and was described as a shambles before they played the Huns he was then sacked a few days after the Huns emptied them our the Europa League.

loveofthegame

Does anyone with a knowledge of Portuguese football know if he's achieved anything as a manager?

I'll be completely honest, I'd never heard of him until about 10minutes ago.... But surely he must have done something right to be appointed at Sporting. Portugal's equivalent to being appointed to 1 of the big 4 in England or OF up here?!

Independence

Wake up.

Drylaw Hearts

Just asked my Portuguese mate who is a Benfica fan and he hates him (which is good) he also grudgingly says he is a decent manager.

I had a look at his stats when he was at SL and he only lost 3 in 17 before he was punted.

The players didn't get on with him and was described as a shambles before they played the Huns he was then sacked a few days after the Huns emptied them our the Europa League.

Sounds like a wonderful appointment then. I see he doesnt last long wherever he goes, he'll fit right in

Lot's of jobs in a short space of time worries me.

Maybe he just got the 'big' job too soon.

We aren't in Portugal so the name is a bit fancy.

fancy in that it's portuguese. yes i suppose.

if he was a portuguese named norman wilson, now that would be fancy.

He was sacked at sporting and replaced by Jos? Couceiro, the other guy linked.

**** sake how many more till the 28th?

itsnomarooned

But .... he's your mate?! - oh, I see.

Does this mean that we're now generally OK with the events of today? Just asking 'cos I'm getting a bit confused as to whether I should be protesting or celebrating.

Is it true he was sacked by Sporting after only 7 months in charge?

after 11 wins out of 17. Yes.

Destruction Derby

Been watching SSN Tonight. They Had Charles Paterson on the programme live from Tynecastle then he was just on the phone saying Paulo Sergio is expected to be in Scotland tomorrow and will meet the players at Riccarton tomorrow for training and he will be in charge for the game on Thursday.

Buffalo Bill

It's a bit like the lovely new strip we have this season. I like it. A lot.

But will it not just make way for the new strip this time next year?

I'm actually excited by this appointment if it comes off, we may find a few Portugese players coming over to ply their trade at Hearts too, it's got to be better than some of this shite we have just now.

I've got a semi! :)

I hope we get to one!

I'd be happy with an apoointment like that, if JJ takes the DOF role.

All in all, I think its for the best.

Just glad JJ has not fallen out with the management or that things haven't turned sour on that side.

RoussetsShorts

New kit with Sergio on the back for me the morn, welcome big Paulo, hoping for a nice flowing attacking wing play style of fitba.

rudi must stay

so if he is arriving tomorrow what is the point in Locke?

IIRC we had a caretaker manager for about two minutes when Laszlo was sacked, could be the same situation here

Assist him until his own man comes in I would imagine. Would be hard to expect the new man to come in and prepare the team for a euro game within 2 days without local assistance.

Inside info on the players I guess. U can't expect a guy to come in to a new team and arrange a squad for a big game in a couple of days when he don't know the players strengths and weaknesses.

tbh i dont know what the big spunk fest on here is over this sergio he managed 1 of the worst teams in sporting history and got put out of europe by rangers. sergio will be a decent appointment but thats it sergio will probably get fired for disagreeing with romanov and then the vlad sheep will say aww sergio wasnt that good anyway

From the STV article (beautiful, Borf) I couldn't tell. What is the longest he has stayed at any football club as a manager?

tbh i dont know what the big spunk fest on here is over this sergio he managed 1 of the worst teams in sporting history and got put out of europe by rangers. sergio will be a decent appointment but thats it sergio will probably get fired for disagreeing with romanov and then the vlad sheep will say aww sergio wasnt that good anyway

Correct and then it wll be a great decision to get rid of him because we only finished 3rd in the league and we can move on to the next man for the chop

Alan Johnson

but he's SPANISH!

It's the cultural similarities though. Suso's become even more determined to leave now he's the only Spaniard as his English is poor and he's got nobody to talk to at the club. A couple of new Spanish or Portuguese faces (who tend to speak Spanish)might help him feel more settled.

It's the cultural similarities though. Suso's become even more determined to leave now he's the only Spaniard as his English is poor and he's got nobody to talk to at the club. A couple of new Spanish or Portuguese faces (who tend to speak Spanish)might help him feel more settled.

Since when do Portuguese people "tend to speak Spanish"? Having been to both countries several times, the Spanish speak Spanish and unsurprisingly, the Portuguese speak Portuguese blink.gif

Ryan Gosling

What?!

:rofl:

Archived