Paulo Sergio

Ryan Gosling

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Malinga the Swinga

I understand Hearts have made an approach to this fella: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paulo_S?rgio_Bento_Brito

I've heard from a couple of sources via a few different places, and I think he might be our man. Doing some research, I see some other people have mentioned it on Twitter.

Anyway, that's what I've heard.

Would be happy enough with him, but he would get a shock managing us after Sporting and seeing what the SPl is like. Will believe it when I see it.

Johanes de Silentio

I understand Hearts have made an approach to this fella: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paulo_S?rgio_Bento_Brito

I've heard from a couple of sources via a few different places, and I think he might be our man. Doing some research, I see some other people have mentioned it on Twitter.

Cheers. :thumbsup:

Patrick Bateman

100% confirmed, head above the scarf Couceiro. He managed at Kaunas once so it has to be him.

Seriously though, Paulo Sergio sounds like a great appointment.

Malinga the Swinga

Sacked for being 26 points behind Porto. if any SPL club got within 26 points of Porto, i would be surprised as they were a cracking team last year. if it is him, and he accepts, it would ge a very positive appointment. if JJ stayed as a DoF, then it would be even better, but think that is unlikely.

Obviously nothing is confirmed, but he must have something if he got the Sporting job.

Alan Johnson

Would be pleased with this. Decent pedigree and if he's backed in the transfer market I'd imagine he'd bring in players who'd give us something different to most SPL options.

Drylaw Hearts

I wonder if this approach was made whilst he was in some city centre shop earlier today ?

Tommy Wiseau

The top boeys of JKB were on this ages ago. :verysmug:

Dwayne, obviously, is one of them. :verysmug:

The boy has had nearly as many management gigs in the last five years as we've had. :stare:

How come the only managers we are linked with always play the old firm in Europe?

It's a coincidence but I strongly suspect you already knew that.

Isaac Clarke

He won 11 of his 17 games before being sacked...unfortunately he was up against a brilliant Porto side.

If this happens I'd be very pleased!

Vlad-Stupid

decent.

so... yet another appointment which ISN'T another eastern european vlad puppet. :lol:

Hat kickers are scratching their heads puzzling over what to blame Vlad for next :lol:

Malinga the Swinga

Perhaps, and it is only a guess, the manager, Paulo Sergio, we want is sought after elsewhere, and he is only available prior to his country's new season starting. Perhaps, once 10 games had passed, another club in Portugal, or elsewhere, might sack their manager and want him to replace him, so we have struck whilst we can.

Perhaps its an ambitious appointment and a manager who may, just may, know what he is about, could be arriving.

Lets wait and see if he arrives before anything else is said.

Private Hudson

Would love to see his reaction to the technical skills of some of our players against what he'll have seen in Portugal. blink.gif

Tommy Wiseau

With that hairdo and designer stubble, we could be looking at the next style icon of Tynecastle way. :verysmug:

Hat kickers are scratching their heads puzzling over what to blame Vlad for next :lol:

they'll be totally gantin on this guy getting sacked straight away so that the prophecy of yet another eastern european vlad puppet will come to pass. after all... this is the only type of manager we ever get.

vlad delaying the appointment of the next eastern european vlad puppet is simply vlad trying to pull the wool over our eyes by... eh... not doing that.

Not the same thing these days Makateer?

I guess it depends on if the DoF role is filled or not?

Either way, he looks decent.

kingantti1874

Good appointment, good pedigree - hope him takes the dof role and lockey stays as coach... Not bothered about BB

From Perth to Paisley

I guess it depends on if the DoF role is filled or not?

Either way, he looks decent.

If I remember correctly - Craig Levein had the title 'head coach' - same thing I think, with or without a DoF.

Gigolo-Aunt

If Mr Sergio is the man, would be shocked if he has not been given some freedom to get some players he wants in.

This is a very ambitious appointment. if true.

loveofthegame

As gutted as I am by the JJ sacking, I'm cautiously optimistic about this news. Bit of a 'coup' to get this guy as a replacement if rumours are true! I'd just be over the moon its not an Eastern European nobody.

Can you imagine the british/Glaswegian media in portugal if a manager gets sacked for 11 wins in 17.

Looks like most of the jobs hes had have been because hes done well and moved up as opposed to being terminated.

That worries me slightly but the appointment assuming the legends on here are correct is the most ambitious manager weve had since burley first arrived in my humble opinion.....

The Old Tolbooth

I'm actually excited by this appointment if it comes off, we may find a few Portugese players coming over to ply their trade at Hearts too, it's got to be better than some of this shite we have just now.

I've got a semi! :)

Alan Johnson

Looking at it from a different angle, would there be any chance that the arrival of a Portuguese manager and potentially some Portuguese players could convince Suso to stay for a bit longer?

Rick Grimes

Very surprised but pleasantly. Looks a good move on the face of it and I have to admit I was both fearing and expecting the worst.

gdavgoncalv

Looking at it from a different angle, would there be any chance that the arrival of a Portuguese manager and potentially some Portuguese players could convince Suso to stay for a bit longer?

but he's SPANISH!

Drylaw Hearts

Are folk getting excited because he has a fancy name or do they know if he's actually a decent Manager ?

I can honestly say I haven't heard of him.

Archived