The Media

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Much wailing and gnashing of teeth in the media about this decision. Spiers, Liam McLeod etc. rushing to make the "mad Vlad" move and portray Hearts fans as unanimously outraged at this. Spiers even claimed the fact that we aren't as a "carry on". Breathtaking arrogance. No doubt also Billy Brown will be given as much time as he wants on Radio Scotland this weekend to spout as much ill-informed, hateful bullshit as he wants, with no right of reply to the huge proportion of Hearts fans who are delighted to see the back of him and thought he was lucky to be back at Tynie anyway given how he laid into us in the past.

This isn't a "mad Vlad" moment. Our form has been wretched since February and the tactical naivety shown by such an experienced manager has been frustrating as hell at times. I wouldn't be surprised if most Scottish journos and ALL pundits, with their single-cell intellects, hadn't even noticed this. After all, who gives a fig what goes on from 3rd place down, eh? Would McCoist survive a spell of one win in 14? What about Lennon? Of course not. But, come on, that's different, we're supposed to know our place as a non-OF team and accept mediocrity. And mediocrity's being generous. Jefferies, with all his experience, can't be in the least bit surprised at this. It happens all the time in football and is so far from a 'Burley' moment it's painful to hear the same responses.

I hope whoever gets the job hits the ground running like a mofo. I hope he shows no fear to the OF and exploits what should be the tactical deficiencies of their inexperienced managers. I hope he wipes the clucking floor with everybody.

'Mon the Hertz!

Great post, totally agree 100%, we peaked last season with JJ think we are starting to go backwards. JJ is past his best time for a new tatcically aware coach.

The 1 win in 14 has got a good airing tonight but let's not forget that we were so far ahead in 3rd because of a great peroid of last season.The last few games were torture at times but there was no way we were going to lose 3rd spot.

Put your quote in the context of the whole of last season and,no,nobody was laughing but sure we weren't getting caught.Sounds negative i'll concede but you could pick any season take it out of context and make it look good/bad.

You could argye that in JJs 20 months in charge we struggled to average 1 good performance a month. The signs were worrying

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Allan Preston's shite chat meter will be going in to overdrive tonight.

Managed about three minutes of the podcast and had to turn it off.

Preston: "Finishing third is winning your own league."

Makes you wonder if non-OF teams should never have Scottish managers. Defeatist pish.

jamboinglasgow

Was listening to 5live and on the sports headlines they had JJ being sacked and they played an earlier comment from Pat Nevein, he was saying it is another terrible decision then came with out this line "to get third last season by a distance" er, no Pat, we were leading third by a distance earlier in the season but ended up only 2 points ahead of Dundee United.

The media love JJ like they loved Walter Smith. They are going to be upset, they had a long time working with him.

Fact of the matter is we should be doing a bit better than we are when you look at how much money we pay out on wages. We should have opened up a gap last season and JJ just fell short.

The media love JJ like they loved Walter Smith. They are going to be upset, they had a long time working with him.

Fact of the matter is we should be doing a bit better than we are when you look at how much money we pay out on wages. We should have opened up a gap last season and JJ just fell short.

That to me is a concern, JJ I am reliably told was shocked at the money some players were on. He managed to get some of the over paid and arguably underachievers out and in terms of finance we were going in the right direction with signings like Hammil and Grainger who have potential and will be on lesser wages I suspect considerably than those who recently left.

Concern is will the new manager be able to or want to work within this way of thinking. I worry that he will want new players from further afield and there will be a cost implication undoing all the good work to reduce the level of debt

However if we win a trophy and spend a couple of quid I will be less concerned :whistling:

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Graham Spiers just now tweeting comments from "bonkers Vlad". Thought he was above that. Proving himself to be just as unimaginative as the thick-as-mince tabloid boys. Would he ever label Whyte or Desmond or Lawell or Reid "bonkers"?

Graham Spiers just now tweeting comments from "bonkers Vlad". Thought he was above that. Proving himself to be just as unimaginative as the thick-as-mince tabloid boys. Would he ever label Whyte or Desmond or Lawell or Reid "bonkers"?

oh how the mighty have fallen.

years ago he used to pass himself off as a mcillvanney-esque behemoth of sports journalism.

now he's tweeting "bonkers vlad" on a media platform for *******s.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

years ago he used to pass himself off as a mcillvanney-esque behemoth of sports journalism.

Haha! Or, as the *******s say, LAWL.

Losing the plot is sacking a manager 2 games into the domestic season after letting the manager rebuild during the summer.

JJ was brought in to get us third he did so.

JJ was desperate for another striker in January - he got none.

JJ had to deal with our player of the year and club captain both getting dropped he did so.

JJ had to deal with the whole CT situation, he was doing so.

JJ as bother player and manager has been a very successful servant to our football club and had been totally shat on.

Any other club and we would be laughing our heads off. It's disgraceful not only how to run a football club but also treat a legend.

At what point does a "legend" become mortal?

You seem to be suggesting that JJ could never be fired, simply due to his legend status.

Worth remembering as well that JJ was offered a move "upstairs" into a DoF role. If VR wanted rid so badly, why offer him that?

Charlie-Brown

So now that the dust has apparently settled is 'Hearts in Crisis' nothing more than little bit media outcry between the popular JJ leaving and the new manager Paulo Sergio arriving?

Guess The Crowd

Indeed.

From today's Times we learn that

- JJ was sacked after 16 months (Phil Gordon). Spiers, on the same page (!) says 19 months. (The correct answer is 18 months approx)

- One of the people sacked by Romanov is Craig Burley! (Phil Gordon)

- Korobochka was in charge for 10 months (was he?!)

:vrface:

Archived