New Car

yvonnejambo

yvonnejambo

Later on today Im getting a new car and I dont know how I feel. I love my car and had it for 4 years but I do a lot of miles and I got it when it had 8000 miles and now Im over 60,000. So everyone have been having a go to get it traded in before its worthless. So today Im getting a Seat Ibiza with 11000 on clock oh and its blue and trading in my shiny maroon clio.

Anyone else form major attachments to their car?

Hopefully I will like the new car and learn to love it

Dr. Bapswent

Youll love your new car more.

Had 2 HUGE problems with my previous cars, but selling them was the reight thing to do.

First car sold - Mini (mind you I then bought an MG Midget)

Second car sold - MG Midget.

Both sold with reluctance, but was the right thing to do in the end.

yvonnejambo

I hope so, I have had quite a few problems with my car, but I put it down to the amount I drive it.

Dr. Bapswent
I hope so, I have had quite a few problems with my car, but I put it down to the amount I drive it.

Or how you drive it?

...you being a no-tail and all.

it broke my heart to swap my mini cooper for a van a couple of years ago. it felt like part of me died.

driving a renault clio now and don't give a crap about it. i call it Tank

Carl Fredrickson

I get a new contract car every 6 months so havent got a car long enough to get emotionally attached to it.

yvonnejambo
Better get a sat nav to get to the Academy ;)

haha I know the way now especially having to do it 2 days in a row.

I've got really attached to my..., sorry..., my companys' lease,... car.

A lexus IS220 with all the toys..........the 2 year lease is up in about 6 weeks so it has to go back.........:(

I P Knightley

When we had our third child, the current car seat laws dictated that I had to get something which could fit 2 full-on child seats and a booster cushion across the back.

That meant that I had to say a reluctant farewell to my sparkly maroon Alfa 156 and get myself a dull, reliable family mover. I get to change it when the little one is 4 - only 18 months to go.

I love my kids, I really do. But they're the reason I don't have my beautiful, sparkly maroon Alfa.

Ray Winstone

Got properly attatched to my first car - Maroon Fiat Punto called Lucinda!

But I ran it into the ground and when a big bill came in for repairs I decided it was time to move on.

Felt bad at the time but no I have my shiny Volkswagen Golf (although no savings left) called Chardonney and I love it!

Best choice I ever made.

yvonnejambo

Got my new car now and had bit of drive about. Its ok but doesnt feel like its mine yet. Also I'm sure I will forget that i have a new car when going to supermarket and look for my old car instead :)

Got my new car now and had bit of drive about. Its ok but doesnt feel like its mine yet. Also I'm sure I will forget that i have a new car when going to supermarket and look for my old car instead :)

Edit-oops.:P

yvonnejambo

Seat Ibiza its an 04 but only done 11,000 miles. More trying to get used to a blue car.

Got really attached to my first car for no other reason than it was my first car, had a hard decision to make last year as it need ?300 to pass the MOT and was 9 years old with 110k on the clock and worth about 500 quid

Was gutted as it was driven off to the scrapyard

6 months on and don't regret it for a second

Tbh I think you would get attached to any car, simply because they are great luxuries and its your own and the freedom attached to it

Goose Baxter

I got my 1st car last month, a nice wee seat leon cupra and im still loving it. I think the fact that its my car makes me love it even more.

Just added a rip-speed flip up dvd/cd/mp3 player to it yesterday so it looks amazing as the sound system that comes standard with the car is pretty awsome.

Archived