Tough Game Tomorrow

Clerry Jambo

Clerry Jambo

Couldn't have got a much tougher game for our first home game of the season.

Looking forward to see how JJ lines us up and how we perform.

i know it's very much early days but we could make a wee statement tomorrow with a victory.

Lets hope for a rousing performance and 3 points :thumbsup:

ROBBIECEE1874

Couldn't have got a much tougher game for our first home game of the season.

Looking forward to see how JJ lines us up and how we perform.

i know it's very much early days but we could make a wee statement tomorrow with a victory.

Lets hope for a rousing performance and 3 points :thumbsup:

Cant wait!!!

whos all injured?

loveofthegame

Looking forward to it, be interesting to see how we perform after Thursday night, really must avoid the cliche "Euro Hangovers" whilst we remain in the UEFA Cup, however long or short that is.

Fingers crossed that Utd don't want to risk Goodwillie with his move hanging in the balance.

Sutton to get his 1st competitive goal in a 2-1 win....

Cant wait!!!

whos all injured?

I'm kind of struggling with a broken eye lash bud. Due a fitness test tomorrow at 9am. ;)

Every game is going to be a tough game this season, especially if we want to put in a sustained challenge against the old firm!

ROBBIECEE1874

I'm kind of struggling with a broken eye lash bud. Due a fitness test tomorrow at 9am. ;)

webster gtf :woot:

With the amount of 1st team players United have lost, it would be alarming if not 3 home points.

The thing that struck me about last weeks performance at ibrox was how confident we were in our approach. The players took the game to rangers and we should have taken three off them by halftime.

Go into the game with that attitude and we will win.

haha :lol:

how long he out for?? :unsure:

Not sure, I'm trying to keep a lid on things. Should be back in the blink of an eye.....

Clerry Jambo

The thing that struck me about last weeks performance at ibrox was how confident we were in our approach. The players took the game to rangers and we should have taken three off them by halftime.

Go into the game with that attitude and we will win.

hope so mate

Want to see a positive Hearts team go out and create chances and hopefully burst the net a few times :thumbsup:

Very tough game. Someone collated statistics a few months ago (Kevin Pullein maybe?) detailing a notable drop off in results following an away midweek European foray. Hopefully with it being so early in the season we won't suffer so much but Dundee Utd will be fresher.

Looking forward to it, be interesting to see how we perform after Thursday night, really must avoid the cliche "Euro Hangovers" whilst we remain in the UEFA Cup, however long or short that is.

Fingers crossed that Utd don't want to risk Goodwillie with his move hanging in the balance.

Sutton to get his 1st competitive goal in a 2-1 win....

With a move worth ?2m plus ?800k add-ons plus a sell-on percentage (according to Jim Spence,BBC) on the table I would be amazed if DUFC would play him. Any serious injury would send the deal breasts skywards and their financial well-being with it.

Clerry Jambo

With a move worth ?2m plus ?800k add-ons plus a sell-on percentage (according to Jim Spence,BBC) on the table I would be amazed if DUFC would play him. Any serious injury would send the deal breasts skywards and their financial well-being with it.

Obviously a team without Goodwillie is weakened, but we have generally played him quite well in recent encounters.

i want to see a vibrant, attacking Hearts team tomorrow to lay down a marker!

With the amount of 1st team players United have lost, it would be alarming if not 3 home points.

they still have a good starting 11...they might struggle if they were to lose a player or two due to injury during the season

Buffalo Bill

Utd have been a tough opponent over recent years.

Respect to them, but this is a home game. We have to go all out for the win.

Bit of a bogey team in recent times.

I think we have enough about ourselves to win, but it might be by the odd goal in 3.

Clerry Jambo

Utd have been a tough opponent over recent years.

Respect to them, but this is a home game. We have to go all out for the win.

Correct Buffalo, we need to put down an early marker.

We have been given a tough start in respect of our early fixtures so home wins are vital.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

I can see it being a low-scoring stalement or a Hearts victory 1-0. Peter Houston is right, when their preferred 11 are match fit they are probably on a par with us. Needless to say however, that our squad is far superior.

If the team start the game on the front foot the place will be rocking and we will win by 2...should we start slow can see the fans getting bit nervy and United maybe getting the first goal with us then only getting a point.

Really hope Sutton notches need him to stay confident.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Are you joking hard game against that lot without Goody Conway Bauben Gomis

Yes a very tough game. We are without Wallace, Skacel and Kyle too don't forget.

Very tough game I think it will be between us Utd and Motherwell for 3rd this year.

Motherwell.

How, why, did a shitey town like that come to bear a team which could be considered the 3rd best in Scotland?

Yes a very tough game. We are without Wallace, Skacel and Kyle too don't forget.

add webster, suso , driver , taouil, stevenson, balogh . hamill ,glen. clum........ we are not really at full strengh ourselves, will take a 1-0 and 3 points hopefully

I keep hearing all this crap about United being guff now that they've lost Gomis and Bauben.

In midfield they've still got Swanson and Robertson who's an excellent player and they've brought in Willow Flood who did very well for them the last time round.

If those 3 are all playing today they'll boss the midfield and it will be tough for us.

Considering all the injuries we have at the moment I'll take a win of any description.

Jambof3tornado

Always a tough team to play against but we should be taking 3 points off everyone that comes to visit, at least what we should be setting out to do!!

How much whining will Gary Kenneth aim at the ref today??

I keep hearing all this crap about United being guff now that they've lost Gomis and Bauben.

In midfield they've still got Swanson and Robertson who's an excellent player and they've brought in Willow Flood who did very well for them the last time round.

If those 3 are all playing today they'll boss the midfield and it will be tough for us.

Considering all the injuries we have at the moment I'll take a win of any description.

dont forget 'the squiggler'!

Motherwell.

How, why, did a shitey town like that come to bear a team which could be considered the 3rd best in Scotland?

I have no idea but I would be willing to bet they will be along with Utd the team that a pushing for 3rd unless Murphy is sold of course.

how did that go you fit and raring to go ? :unsure:

dont forget 'the squiggler'!

I purposely didn't mention that pishpot as I was only talking about their decent players :)

Always a tough game against them and one i look forward to the most during a season. Think they'll be our 3rd place challengers so be good to get the 3 points. C'moan the Jambos!! We confidence booster before the European game on Thursday!

Are you joking hard game against that lot without Goody Conway Bauben Gomis

Easy to spot those who know nothing at all about football.

Easy to spot those who know nothing at all about football.

Did you think it was a hard game ? I thought we were in control for huge amounts of the game. The lack of cutting edge and creative midfielder costs us the points rather anything Utd done.

Clerry Jambo

Did you think it was a hard game ? I thought we were in control for huge amounts of the game. The lack of cutting edge and creative midfielder costs us the points rather anything Utd done.

Aye we had lots of the ball but done the square root of feck all with it, especially 2nd half.

Thought Utd were pretty solid if unspectacular, but very disappointed with our 2nd half display

Long ball doesn't work.

How many games do we need to lose whilst playing this for things to change?

Aye we had lots of the ball but done the square root of feck all with it, especially 2nd half.

Thought Utd were pretty solid if unspectacular, but very disappointed with our 2nd half display

Don't disagree but I don't think Utd gave us a hard game I think we managed to make it hard for ourselves.

Our problem I think is were quite happy at ibrox etc when we dont have a lot of the ball but we may struggle when the onus is on us to break teams down.Today was a perfect example of that,we had decent possesion but failed to capitalise with quality in the right areas.

Archived