GOODWILLIE AWAY TO BLACKBURN ROVERS

Guest Jamboinleith

Guest Jamboinleith

Goodwillie away to blackburn rovers for 2 mill, with add ons total price 2.8 mill.dont think we will see him on sunday somehow. :thumbsup:

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent. United will be much poorer without him and he could have done well at Rangers. Chuffed at this.

It's not yet official, but they are apparently going to make it so tomorrow.

Good move for him, glad he's in the EPL.

Blackburn are getting a bargain!

Guest Jamboinleith

Coolio bro :thumbsup:

Where did yo get dat info from?

My mates a rovers fan,also on bbc scotland news at 10.35. :thumbsup:

Captain Scarlett

This is good news that once more Rangers have not got the signature they were after long may it continue,Now all we need is a few knockbacks for celtic akin to the ones i used to get in the Americana then we'll be right up there...

This will see United drop out of the race for 3rd imo.

Not sure the lad Russell is ready for that kinda pressure.

My mates a rovers fan,also on bbc scotland news at 10.35. :thumbsup:

Just found the link. Good move, good timing, good times. :thumbsup:

Well at least he has more brain matter than I gave him credit for, pity I can't say the same for a hobo loving left back that left our building to join one side of the bigots. rolleyes.gif

Guest Jamboinleith

This is good news that once more Rangers have not got the signature they were after long may it continue,Now all we need is a few knockbacks for celtic akin to the ones i used to get in the Americana then we'll be right up there...

Haha the americana,great times apart from the beer it was pish. :thumbsup:

J Cheever Loophole

The gamble of Badcock being away before Sunday,was a big if in my Score Predictor predictor.

Happy as Larry.thumbsup.gif

You can now get therapy for this, god bless fcukin America.......rolleyes.gifwhistling.gif

Excellent news if true, I like to see Scots players trying their hand down south - hope the lad does well.

heartsfc_fan

Wont face us on Sunday :jjyay:

United will miss him :jjyay:

Not going to Rangers :jjyay:

This ^^^

delighted if he is going

The Comedian

A pity after all the Daily Records good work.

:jjyay:

2.8m plus sell on is terrific business and shows up the gers yet again. Classless munters.

Captain Price

Couldn't care less if he left or not. He was no real threat to us when he played for them. Did he score against us?

Jaap's Sigh

Couldn't care less if he left or not. He was no real threat to us when he played for them. Did he score against us?

Doesn't matter if he scored against us. He made their team harder to beat.

This couldn't care less nonsense is in fact .......nonsense! He was a threat to us even when he was playing against other teams.

Do you get it now?

Snake Plissken

You mean like scoring the winner the last time we played them, aye?

boy_in_maroon

That's a terrific deal for Utd. I'm glad Thomson stuck to his guns and didn't let him go to one of the Old Firm on the cheap.

This

Plus the fact utd managed to get him to sign a new deal so they could get a good realistic value for him. Too often in the past the O.F. would have signed a player like this for a pittence.

Good move for the lad and Utd. Glad he wont be playing against us on sunday

Congratulations Mr Thomson, in not selling to 'Mr Fantasy Whyte's ' bigoted army, I wish we had an owner that had the 'same baws'. rolleyes.gif

Congratulations Mr Thomson, in not selling to 'Mr Fantasy Whyte's ' bigoted army, I wish we had an owner that had the 'same baws'. rolleyes.gif

Aye, it's a crying shame we let Hartley go to Celtic for ?300,000.

Or Gordon to Rangers for ?1m.

:(

Aye, it's a crying shame we let Hartley go to Celtic for ?300,000.

Or Gordon to Rangers for ?1m.

:(

This, if only we had managed to get ?10 million for the pair......

:seething:

No offence mate but that's a shit post. If Wallace had had done the decent thing and signed a new contract he'd have got a ?2.5m+ transfer down to the Premiership.

The club did well to get the money they did for him given he'd have signed for them for nowt come January and sat in the stands for months while we still paid his wages.

SanliHearts

Goodwillie away to blackburn rovers for 2 mill, with add ons total price 2.8 mill.dont think we will see him on sunday somehow. :thumbsup:

:pleasing:

Guest Jamboinleith

:pleasing:

Hears a thought,untd now have 2mill in bank(within next 24 hours).what about taking one of the huns star players from them?.haha :thumbsup:

Hearts Machine

Fresh from RM.........

"To spunk ?1.5million on Lee Wallace, but refuse to even reach that for Goodwillie?

Goodwillie is a better player; young Player of the Year, 17 goals last season, and the most assists in the league. Lee Wallace has been plagued by injuries, and spent the best part of the last 12 months on the treatment table.

On top of all this, a new LB wasn't even an emergency position. Papac (I'm not his biggest fan) would have sufficed for now, but we have been crying out for a new attacker, and it's extremely frustrating that we refused to increase our offer nearer to the ?2million mark, and secure Goodwillie before other clubs came sniffing.

I know the transfer isn't over yet, but it does appear that he is going to the shitey club that is Blackburn, and most of us have been left rather annoyed."

Love it. :ermm:

This cannot be true.

It was only this week that the Daily Record told us that the dropping of rape charges 'cleared the way for his move to Rangers'.

I'm confused. Why would the DR say such a thing if it wasn't true?

L O ******* L

jamboinglasgow

A pity after all the Daily Records good work.

:jjyay:

2.8m plus sell on is terrific business and shows up the gers yet again. Classless munters.

They tried so hard to convince the Rangers fans he was coming to them that they published this story why there is a delay but he is signing:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/rangers/2011/07/28/rangers-to-sacrifice-madjid-bougherra-to-generate-funds-to-sign-goodwillie-verhoek-86908-23302198/

But the veil of Whyte is slipping as that report leaves a big question, why do Rangers need to sell to buy when Whyte said he would provide ?10m-15m transfer kitty for McCoist.

Pleased Goodwillie is not going to Rangers, pleased he has got United with decent amount rather then getting ripped off, pleased that he has gone just before we are due to play them, pleased he is off to the premier league. I just hope Blackburn works out for him.

Chad Sexington

Good move for him.

Good move for Utd.

Good move for us us. (For Sunday)

Everyone's a winner. :thumbsup:

Only a Game

Hats off to Dundee Utd on this one

McCoist doing a facepalm as we speak. Wasnt long before the cracks appeared and the boy Whyte got found out big time.

Hopefully a few teams can take advantage of them whilst they are in this utter mess and we can get a bit of a march on them

Only a Game

Good on goody, he's shown Lee wallace right up.

Did another club make a bid for Lee Wallace ?

Did he have two years on his deal and we could have afforded to hold out another wee while ?

Would Dundee Utd have accepted ?1.5 million from Rangers if Goodwillie had 1 year left on the clock ?

No, No and damn right they would have.

Chad Sexington

Did another club make a bid for Lee Wallace ?

Did he have two years on his deal and we could have afforded to hold out another wee while ?

Would Dundee Utd have accepted ?1.5 million from Rangers if Goodwillie had 1 year left on the clock ?

No, No and damn right they would have.

Spot on.

Juan Jose Carricondo Perez

Good news all round. Hope he makes the most of it and proves to be a success.

Do you think the Blackburn fans will be happy with this though? Their owners are loaded yet they've only really signed Goodwillie.

Geoff Kilpatrick

The stickies need something tangible to try and get some sort of feelgood factor back. So it would be hilarious if they fail to beat the farmers and the Swedes in their next two games! :thumbsup:

Do you think the Blackburn fans will be happy with this though? Their owners are loaded yet they've only really signed Goodwillie.

They should be JP.

He's potentially better than Kevin Gallacher who did none too badly there.

They tried so hard to convince the Rangers fans he was coming to them that they published this story why there is a delay but he is signing:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/rangers/2011/07/28/rangers-to-sacrifice-madjid-bougherra-to-generate-funds-to-sign-goodwillie-verhoek-86908-23302198/

But the veil of Whyte is slipping as that report leaves a big question, why do Rangers need to sell to buy when Whyte said he would provide ?10m-15m transfer kitty for McCoist.

Pleased Goodwillie is not going to Rangers, pleased he has got United with decent amount rather then getting ripped off, pleased that he has gone just before we are due to play them, pleased he is off to the premier league. I just hope Blackburn works out for him.

I think Rangers have got their transfefs all wrong this summer - or not planned properly last.

McGregor should only have been given a 2 year extention, a deal done with an EPL side behind the scenes then they could have offered United the money straight up.

?28k a week for 6 years for someone going nowhere soon in a crappy league and no hope of progressing on the proper European scene. Even their tactics in Europe are suited to protecting their keeper at all costs. 2 banks of defenders in the hope that teams can only shoot from distance. So its not that a top class keeper is even close to a priority.

ToadKiller Dog

The transfer season has only really started down south so no real reason for the Balckburn fans to be upset yet , I am sure they will have seen enough of Goodwullie to decide he has the potential to be a star for them .

As for lee Wallace he will get his go down to the championship in about 3 or 4 seasons time after the Uglies have sucked the best years of his career out of him which is a crying shame ,Likely for not much more than ?1.5 m . We did ok getting that for him given his expressed wish seems to have been to go to the Orks .

kingantti1874

goodwillie signed a 1 year extension so dufc

Could get a good fee right, good on the guy I Say

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Rangers have had an improved offer rejected. No figures being quoted on Sky Sports though.

Archived