***The Official Betting Thread***

The Merse

I didn't know most of the games are on Sunday this week.

Today, I've gone for 4x ?4 trebles and a ?4 4-fold;

West Ham v West Brom - Under 2.5 goals 17/20

Hull v Fulham - Fulham win 29/10

Man City v C Palace - Man City HT (-1) 13/8

Norwich v Man Utd - Man Utd to score in both halves 11/8

3 correct returns a minimum ?46, 4 correct returns ?467.61.

The Man City bet is the one I'm most unsure about. Crystal Palace are a difficult team to break down but Man City have scored an average of over 4 goals per game at home this season and never failed to score less than 2. Hopefully they get a good start.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Statto

• Homme

• Say What Again

• Ryan Gosling

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tayside Jambo

Barrow vs Altrincham ? Altrincham Win 8/11

Dundee v Dumbarton ? Dundee Win 2/5

Hamilton v Morton ? Hamilton Win 1/2

Norwich v Man Utd ? Man Utd Win 4/7

Man City v Crystal Palace ? Over 2.5 Goals 4/9

Tenner on at 7.233/1 returns ?82.33, Altrincham is the only one I'm not sure on.

Right, I'm going to give this nonsense a go. I'm not a gambling person and I've set myself a limit of ?2 per bet and try to avoid getting over excited and betting on stuff like corners etc.

So today accumulator on the EPL games.

Man City, Villa, Man Utd, Sunderland and Hull. Returns ?75.34 on a ?2 stake.

And I put ?2 on the West Ham - WBA game being a score draw, got 27/10 when West Ham were 1-0 up.

Tayside Jambo
Right, I'm going to give this nonsense a go. I'm not a gambling person and I've set myself a limit of ?2 per bet and try to avoid getting over excited and betting on stuff like corners etc.

So today accumulator on the EPL games.

Man City, Villa, Man Utd, Sunderland and Hull. Returns ?75.34 on a ?2 stake.

And I put ?2 on the West Ham - WBA game being a score draw, got 27/10 when West Ham were 1-0 up.

Splurging on the corners is the best thing about betting though.....

Aye, good plan with ?2 bet limits, return might not be as good as a ?10 stake but losses are manageable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Splurging on the corners is the best thing about betting though.....

Aye, good plan with ?2 bet limits, return might not be as good as a ?10 stake but losses are manageable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All good so far though! Cashed in on the West Ham game with 10 minutes to play so I'm up for the day so far.

I didn't know most of the games are on Sunday this week.

Today, I've gone for 4x ?4 trebles and a ?4 4-fold;

West Ham v West Brom - Under 2.5 goals 17/20

Hull v Fulham - Fulham win 29/10

Man City v C Palace - Man City HT (-1) 13/8

Norwich v Man Utd - Man Utd to score in both halves 11/8

3 correct returns a minimum ?46, 4 correct returns ?467.61.

The Man City bet is the one I'm most unsure about. Crystal Palace are a difficult team to break down but Man City have scored an average of over 4 goals per game at home this season and never failed to score less than 2. Hopefully they get a good start.

3 games beat by half time and Fulham conceded 6 to Hull in the second half!

Anyone wanting 43 numbers between 1 and 49?

Grimsby let me down

Had Man Utd (won 1-0)

Grimsby (Lost 3-2)

Dundee (Won 3-0)

Hamilton (Won 1-0)

Ayr (Won 2-0)

Albion Rovers (Won 2-1)

?20 on for ?251.30

Arsenal v Cardiff

Fulham v West Ham

Liverpool v Hull

Southampton v Chelsea - Draw

Stoke v Everton

West Brom v Newcastle

?5 brings back ?547.

?20

Arsenal 2/9

Leicester 10/11

Wolves 3/4

Chesterfield 21/10

?20

North Ferriby United 2/3

Solihull Moors 17/20

Eastleigh 2/7

Safe accumulator all to win

Man City

Arsenal

Liverpool

Chelsea

Dodgier

Man City

Arsenal

Liverpool

Everton

Man Utd draw

Dodgiest

Spurs to win with Adebayor scoring

If they all came in (as if) I'd get about ?60 back from a fiver. If any of them come in at least I'll clear my feet.

Sticking with my not spending more than ?2 on a single bet project I made ?22 yesterday.

So on my initial investment of ?10 that was me up to ?42 at close of play yesterday.

Tonight I've got ?2 on a Hearts win any score at 5/1, ?1.50 on a card in the first 5 minutes at 12/1 and ?1 on Airdrie beating Rangers at 21/1. So a potential return of around ?50.

I reckon if I keep up with my policy of betting a pound against Rangers every week it will come in eventually, with a bigger price each week as their unbeaten run continues.

Took a hosing last night with nothing coming in. Good news is I totally forgot I had a bet on Gillingham beating Wolves tonight so that has come in and more than covered yesterdays stakes with a bit to spare.

I'm not going to become rich on the ?2 plan but I'm still way ahead in real terms on my ?10 starter.

Bets are never 'investments' . We will nearly always lose long term.

However its good for a bit of fun and sometimes things go well. I had 6 in a row last month (?1.50 won ?136.)

Most days, I lose. But limit my spend to 50p to ?5 pounds. When I did the stock market I'd play thousands and win or lose hundreds a week

It is also a gamble, a lottery.

GLA !

20p bet on a 19 team accumulator on Saturday and Cardiff let me down for ?1400. Sickener!!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

3x ?5 doubles and a ?5 treble

Arsenal to win and BTTS 9/5 (home to Fulham)

Middlesbrough to win and BTTS 3/1 (home to Charlton)

Kilmarnock to win and BTTS 22/5 (away to Partick)

returns ?542

Cardiac Rucksack

If any one you guys are looking for a free not for profit statistically produce recommendation site for help picking winners try @soccersci on twitter or search soccerscientist on Facebook. Cheers

Liverpool (-1) 10/11 away to Bournemouth in the FA Cup, Rodgers tends to put out strong teams in cup games and have won almost half (10/22) of their Premier League games by 2 or more goals. Bournemouth don't have a great home record, they beat Wigan 1-0 early in the season but haven't managed a win against any other team at home in the top-18.

Rochdale v Sheff Wed Over 2.5 goals EVS, Rochdale are the highest scorers in League 2 and there has been an average of 2.81 goals in their games. Only 8/27 games has failed to see 3 or more goals. Sheffield Wednesday have scored 11 goals in their last 5 games. Away from home they have only kept 2 clean sheets.

Real Madrid to win both halves 4/6, Granada have lost 9/10 games against top-10 teams. The games at Granada against Real Madrid have been close (1-2, 1-0, 0-1) but the two previous results in Madrid have been 5-1 and 3-0 to Real.

PSG to score in both halves 11/10. I think this is a really good price, they're away to Guingamp. PSG have scored 21 first half goals this season in Ligue 1 in 21 games, Guingamp have conceded 13 in 21 games, only 5 teams are worse. PSG have scored 30 second half goals, 10 more than the 2nd highest (Lyon 20). Guingamp do have a better 2nd half record with only 8 conceded in the second half in 21 games.

Pays over 12/1.

I'm going to start a ?20-?500 challenge.

I've looked at betting in the Over 0.5 goals market. I'd do 5-folds which pays roughly 1/5, 17 bets (85 games) without finding a 0-0 would mean I hit the target. After that I'd keep betting the ?500, I'd be winning around ?100 per week, keeping the profit then betting the ?500 the following week.

Bet 1: ?20 5-fold

13:30 Groningen v Twente

14:00 Inter Milan v Catania

14:00 Parma v Udinese

14:00 Erciyesspor v Antalyaspor

18:00 Rayo Vallecano v Atletico Madrid

Returns ?25.14

I'm going to start a ?20-?500 challenge.

I've looked at betting in the Over 0.5 goals market. I'd do 5-folds which pays roughly 1/5, 17 bets (85 games) without finding a 0-0 would mean I hit the target. After that I'd keep betting the ?500, I'd be winning around ?100 per week, keeping the profit then betting the ?500 the following week.

Bet 1: ?20 5-fold

13:30 Groningen v Twente

14:00 Inter Milan v Catania

14:00 Parma v Udinese

14:00 Erciyesspor v Antalyaspor

18:00 Rayo Vallecano v Atletico Madrid

Returns ?25.14

That was quick. Inter 0-0.

I'm going to give it another go but a slight difference.

I'm going to go for 10-folds, which pays around 1/2 and build from ?20 to ?200. It should take 5/6 weeks, then when/if I hit ?200, bet ?200, if it wins, keep the profit (should be around ?100) then the same the following week.

Take 2.

?20 9-fold Over 0.5 goals;

Liverpool v Everton

Derby v Yeovil

Millwall v Sheff Wed

Brentford v Bristol C

Dag & Red v Southend

L Orient v Coventry

Bristol R v Accrington

Tottenham v Man City

Sheff Utd v Peterborough

Returns ?30.05

Whats the deal with the postponed Utd game last night. Had it on my accumulator and my other selections came up. Will that game just be voided and i will get a smaller return? If so Bet365 are taking their time over it.

Take 2.

Liverpool v Everton

Derby v Yeovil

Millwall v Sheff Wed

Brentford v Bristol C

Dag & Red v Southend

L Orient v Coventry

Bristol R v Accrington

Tottenham v Man City

Sheff Utd v Peterborough

Returns ?30.05

Must be more than 30 sheets. I've got Newcastle, Arsenal, Millwall, QPR and Brentford

Wee treble for today. I'm doing really well just now. Up almost ?500 in the last ten days.

OFK Belgrade DOUBLE CHANCE v Sindjelic Belgrade

JABLONEC v Bohemians Praha

NK MAribor DOUBLE CHANCE v Slaven Belupo

Just under evens.

Alwaysinourshadows

?30 on:

Derby

Man Utd

Chesterfield

returns ?125

?10 on:

Man utd

Derby

Oxford

Rotherham

Leicester

Newcastle

returns ?400

Edited by Alwaysinourshadows

Wee treble for today. I'm doing really well just now. Up almost ?500 in the last ten days.

OFK Belgrade DOUBLE CHANCE v Sindjelic Belgrade

JABLONEC v Bohemians Praha

NK MAribor DOUBLE CHANCE v Slaven Belupo

Just under evens.

Jablonec left it late but it came in. Got a double chance, double on Al Qadsia and Magdeburg now.

had a free 7.50 bet so lumped it on Ozil, Mata and Suarez to all score tonight, enhanced odds with Sky bet @ 16/1!

Also sat waiting on Milosam in the 15.10 at Taunton to bring in today's lucky 15 for a few hundred quid! (3 up already with Take the lead in the 13.50, Milo Man in the 14.10 and Tellovoi in the 14.50)

Whats the deal with the postponed Utd game last night. Had it on my accumulator and my other selections came up. Will that game just be voided and i will get a smaller return? If so Bet365 are taking their time over it.

Think some bookies will still count the game if it is played within 7 days so they may be waiting for confirmation of the re-arranged date before voiding the selection!

Think some bookies will still count the game if it is played within 7 days so they may be waiting for confirmation of the re-arranged date before voiding the selection!

I phoned up bet365 and they manually voided it for me :)

had a free 7.50 bet so lumped it on Ozil, Mata and Suarez to all score tonight, enhanced odds with Sky bet @ 16/1!

Also sat waiting on Milosam in the 15.10 at Taunton to bring in today's lucky 15 for a few hundred quid! (3 up already with Take the lead in the 13.50, Milo Man in the 14.10 and Tellovoi in the 14.50)

Baws, Milosam came 2nd to an 8-1 shot, still more than doubled my money for today!

Southampton v Arsenal- BTTS & away win

Birmingham v Leicester- BTTS & away win

Leyton Orient v Coventry- BTTS & home win

Tranmere v Rotherham- BTTS & away win.

?5 returns ?1125 for the fourfold. Determined that I'll win one of these things one day!

Jablonec left it late but it came in. Got a double chance, double on Al Qadsia and Magdeburg now.

this came in too. Put dough on Arsenal and Burnley double chance, double.

A treble and two doubles in a day would be good :)

this came in too. Put dough on Arsenal and Burnley double chance, double.

A treble and two doubles in a day would be good :)

Third time is a charm :)

Take 2.

Liverpool v Everton 4-0

Derby v Yeovil 3-2

Millwall v Sheff Wed 1-1

Brentford v Bristol C 3-1

Dag & Red v Southend 1-1

L Orient v Coventry 2-0

Bristol R v Accrington 0-1 (93rd minute goal)

Tottenham v Man City

Sheff Utd v Peterborough

Returns ?30.05

Waiting for two games tonight for the first bet in the challenge.

• davemclaren unpinned this topic