1-1

Dalry

I've been on this thread from early on. AND ANYBODY WHO SAYS 1-1 DRAW IS BETTER THAN A 2-1 WIN IS TALKING TOM KITE. As a club we want to progress its not about finance its about winning and PRIDE who the f wants to be like the squibs al la "our books balance2 its about being top dog. THE op WAS SMOKING BALDRICKS OLD UNDER PANTS WHEN HE POSTED END OF. I have never read so much pish in my life go to any big team supporter and ask them if the would rather draw than win!! What a lot of crap honestly ask yourself! I'm off to launder my smalls now! aye right what a lot of guff!

That's because you don't have the intelligence to understand the point of the thread. "AND ANYBODY WHO SAYS 1-1 DRAW IS BETTER THAN A 2-1 WIN IS TALKING TOM KITE" This is my whole point. You're not looking at this from a business perspective. Hearts may well make over ?100k more from it being 1-1 rather than 2-1, so is that better??? Even at 1-1 I think we'll progress no problem given how poor the opposition is. The scoreline of winning 2-1 would certainly have made 2-3k Hearts not show up. Try looking at the big picture next time and remember that we are business we need a quality revenue.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Vlad-Stupid

I still have trouble believing that if we'd wine 2-1 over there, people would think the tie is over and not go. More chance of a bigger crowd of 'glory hunters' coming along to rejoice in the progression to the playoffs no?

maroonshrew

That's because you don't have the intelligence to understand the point of the thread. "AND ANYBODY WHO SAYS 1-1 DRAW IS BETTER THAN A 2-1 WIN IS TALKING TOM KITE" This is my whole point. You're not looking at this from a business perspective. Hearts may well make over ?100k more from it being 1-1 rather than 2-1, so is that better??? Even at 1-1 I think we'll progress no problem given how poor the opposition is. The scoreline of winning 2-1 would certainly have made 2-3k Hearts not show up. Try looking at the big picture next time and remember that we are business we need a quality revenue.

This isnt me being snide or having a dig, I just genuinely am interested in your sums. Could you tell me how you see 2-3k people equalling well over 100k.

My word.

Quick question for the OP, I seem to recall that even against Zagreb we had a decent (not great) turnout. One goal difference is not enough for any fan (with any degree of mental capacity) to think the game is won. I, like all other normal Hearts fans, would have been happier with another goal, that happiness increasing by each additional goal scored, and I'd still go to the game on Thursday.

Looking at it from another way, if scoring enough goals to get through and possibly reduce casual attenders, then it increases our chances of getting to the next round and getting another game for those regulars to attend. This would also open up the chance for casual attenders to go to this game.

So, OP, you are completely wrong on this one.

Chris Benoit

My word.

Quick question for the OP, I seem to recall that even against Zagreb we had a decent (not great) turnout. One goal difference is not enough for any fan (with any degree of mental capacity) to think the game is won. I, like all other normal Hearts fans, would have been happier with another goal, that happiness increasing by each additional goal scored, and I'd still go to the game on Thursday.

Looking at it from another way, if scoring enough goals to get through and possibly reduce casual attenders, then it increases our chances of getting to the next round and getting another game for those regulars to attend. This would also open up the chance for casual attenders to go to this game.

So, OP, you are completely wrong on this one.

But but BH do you not see you just don't have the INTELLIGENCE to understand what the OP meant :whistling:

The Old Tolbooth

The way I see it is this, had we won the away leg 2-1 and then drawn the home leg 2-2, then we'd be through and have another round to look forward to with a plum tie which is more or less guaranteed to bring in money for the club, should we now go ahead and draw 2-2 on Thursday evening, then we're out, and we lose out on another round altogether, so for me, ensuring a victory away from home by a 2-1 scoreline is better for the club financially as it means we have a much better chance of progressing to the next round and making more Wonga!

Chris Benoit

The way I see it is this, had we won the away leg 2-1 and then drawn the home leg 2-2, then we'd be through and have another round to look forward to with a plum tie which is more or less guaranteed to bring in money for the club, should we now go ahead and draw 2-2 on Thursday evening, then we're out, and we lose out on another round altogether, so for me, ensuring a victory away from home by a 2-1 scoreline is better for the club financially as it means we have a much better chance of progressing to the next round and making more Wonga!

If we'd won 2-1 we could have lost the second leg 1-0

The OP makes a decent point. Sure, we'd all prefer to have won last night but with the tie in the balance, it might stick some more bums on seats for the return leg.

That's all the guy was saying FFS.

But hey, why accept that fact when you can just post smart arsed replies?

This thread illustrates exactly what kickback has become these days....a forum full of arseholes.

No wonder most Jambos I know wont come near this place. The shite that passes as 'banter' on here is unreal.

Couldn't agree more.

JamboAberdeen

To put it in other way, had we won the the tie 2-1, it would have raised people's expectation on next week, so might increase turnout.

Obviously you rather see your team winning when you attend games.

Remember Hibs increased their crowd during their winning run in Div 1.

Also considering winning bonus from UEFA and higher co-efficient in long run, OP's insistence of 1-1 draw doesn't make any commercial sense.

But but BH do you not see you just don't have the INTELLIGENCE to understand what the OP meant :whistling:

Of course CB, I'm just no good at this numbers game. :(

maroonshrew

Like I say if the OP (or whoever wrote it, apologies) can explain how 2-3k more people would make us over 100k thwen i will understand why he thinks it would be a better result. I wouldnt agree still but might help me a bit more.

If this was a two legged tie against Hibs and we left Easter road with 1-1, absolutely no one would leave saying well thts probably better than 2-1. Although i guess youd say Hibs would be a sell out anyway. shouldnt have bothered typing that last bit.

This OP is a genius.

He KNEW that we would sack our manager and was planning for the future. I for one am delighted we failed to score a second goal. Today made it all worth it.thumbsup.gif

Archived