1-1

Dalry

I think if we had won 2-1 tonight with a late goal we wouldn't have had as many fans for the 2nd leg with quite a few thinking we're through and just wait until the next round.

1-1 I think we'll go through and win well but we should have close to a full house.......hopefully.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NewYorkJambo

I think if we had won 2-1 tonight with a late goal we wouldn't have had as many fans for the 2nd leg with quite a few thinking we're through and just wait until the next round.

1-1 I think we'll go through and win well but we should have close to a full house.......hopefully.

IS 1-1 better than 2-1?

No, obviously not.

Well if the score was 2-1 we would have lost 2 goals to 1 tonight.......sooo 1-1 is a better result :)

Fozzyonthefence

Well if the score was 2-1 we would have lost 2 goals to 1 tonight.......sooo 1-1 is a better result :)

OP said if we had won 2-1. Obviously a better result than 1-1 but probably not for putting bums on seats.

"Am I feck going to that pal - we're 2-1 up" - :cornette:

tbf, I already had tickets for this and have just ripped them up because we aren't 3 or 4-0 down.

Tommy Wiseau

tbf, I already had tickets for this and have just ripped them up because we aren't 3 or 4-0 down.

I've got the game on my Smartcard myself.

They probably expect me to turn up to a game we're likely to win - what kind of ****ing idiot do they take me for?

:seething:

Footballfirst

I'm 99% happy with tonight's result. Ideally I would have preferred that we won as it would have added 0.5 to our coefficient. It won't impact on us this season, but it could make the difference of being seeded or unseeded in future seasons.

IS 1-1 better than 2-1?

No, obviously not.

Obviously in footballing terms a 2-1 win for us would've been better, but we should make more money at the gate and I still think we'll still win well. We may have 2-3k more fans next week because we drew.

Obviously in footballing terms a 2-1 win for us would've been better, but we should make more money at the gate and I still think we'll still win well. We may have 2-3k more fans next week because we drew.

we play football. we're a football team. if its better in football terms, then it's better.

You been sniffing petrol mate, how the F can a 1-1 draw be better than a 2-1 win away from home??? It does not even work out the way you put it... in as much as I don't think I am likely to be enticed to go to see them play a game in which a 2-2 draw see's us gubbed than go and watch knowing that its almost in the bag and in all likelyhood we will see a few goals and win handsomely!

I'm not going next week because we didn't lose 2-0 tonight.

What a disgrace.

shaun.lawson

I've seen this argued in other, similarly tortured terms, elsewhere.

I've yet to understand it.

I have been known to suggest that, in psychological terms, a 2-1 first leg defeat away from home may sometimes be better than 0-0 - because in the case of the latter, the home side in the second leg never know whether to stick or twist, and frequently end up caught between two stools.

However, this doesn't change the simple point that the case being attempted by the OP is about as watertight as Susan Boyle's swimsuit. :geek:

i personally wouldve preferred to have lost 1-0.

10 all would have been ideal the bitter sweet knowledge that you can still be pumped by a single goal... oow thats a great reason to attend! one for the masochists that!

Snake Plissken

We effectively 'won' 2-1 tonight with that away goal.

Saying 1-1 is a better result from the first leg than 2-1 would have been is perhaps the stupidest thing I've ever read on here.

This week.

Slightly off the point Dalry is making, if I'd been offered two 1-1 draws in these away games to start the season, I would have been happy to take it. I would have preferred a win at Ibrox, obviously, but it was a moral win.

Dalry is right that the 1-1 draw offers a better chance of a good turnout at Tynie.

Slightly off the point Dalry is making, if I'd been offered two 1-1 draws in these away games to start the season, I would have been happy to take it. I would have preferred a win at Ibrox, obviously, but it was a moral win.

Dalry is right that the 1-1 draw offers a better chance of a good turnout at Tynie.

2-1 would be a much better result than 1-1. We'd be winning and have a higher probability of progressing. I dont quite understand why ANYONE would say not winning a game was better.

If we get 10,000-12,000 at the home leg we'll be lucky and the 1-1 score might add on 2,000 to what there would have been. If we were 2-1 up, although we might have only got 8,000-10,000, it increased the possibility of getting ANOTHER MATCH....which would result in another 12,000-15,000 at the home game....

I'm part of the clique.

No.

Please don't talk tam kite.

Jesus wept.

Ray Winstone

Did Glen Hoddle not once make the excuse when Man U came back from 3-0 down at HT to win 5-3, that going in at 3-0 up had a bad effect on team effort for the second half and coming in 2-0 would have been better?

So aye.

Getting slapped in the face off a dirty tonight after I got a good feel is much better than if I rode her like Seabiscuit.

I can see this now.

One thing I didn't realise when starting this thread was the little amount of intelligence with some of the people on here.

Of course a 2-1 win is better than 1-1, if you've made a comment about "eh how can 1-1 be better than a 2-1 win, stupid!!" then you're not reading between the lines and are just making a stupid comment as you don't have the intelligence to see the bigger picture.

Yes we are a footballing team blah blah, but we are a business. I reckon business will be much better on the night as the game is very much in the balance, we could get a full house, maybe. If we had won then I think we would only get 10-12k as many people would've not bought tickets as they would hope, like when we played St.Johnstone in the SCUP, that we would get through no problem.

Also there is less room for taking the tie for granted and the players could well be more determined at 1-1 and go for it rather than if we had won 2-1.

Judging by what I saw last night, we should be able to win no problem, therefore 1-1 may well prove to be a better result (commercially) than if we had won 2-1.

The Treasurer

We effectively 'won' 2-1 tonight with that away goal.

Saying 1-1 is a better result from the first leg than 2-1 would have been is perhaps the stupidest thing I've ever read on here.

This week.

The week's not over yet :)

One thing I didn't realise when starting this thread was the little amount of intelligence with some of the people on here.

Of course a 2-1 win is better than 1-1, if you've made a comment about "eh how can 1-1 be better than a 2-1 win, stupid!!" then you're not reading between the lines and are just making a stupid comment as you don't have the intelligence to see the bigger picture.

Yes we are a footballing team blah blah, but we are a business. I reckon business will be much better on the night as the game is very much in the balance, we could get a full house, maybe. If we had won then I think we would only get 10-12k as many people would've not bought tickets as they would hope, like when we played St.Johnstone in the SCUP, that we would get through no problem.

Also there is less room for taking the tie for granted and the players could well be more determined at 1-1 and go for it rather than if we had won 2-1.

Judging by what I saw last night, we should be able to win no problem, therefore 1-1 may well prove to be a better result (commercially) than if we had won 2-1.

You're wrong. Your post was humming.

Deal with it.

I for one enjoyed our 1-1 win at Ibrox last Saturday.

I went crazy when McGregor tipped over Obua's volley near the death. :thumbsup:

Tynecastle Valhalla

would rather have won 2-1 than draw 1-1.

Gods a Jambo

You really have to laugh at the level of bellend on Kickback. The OP makes a fair point, and while he maybe didnt articulate himself very well, it was easy to understand where he was coming from. Even JJ seems to have the same school of thought, he said "The tie isnt over, its only halfway. If we'd won 2-0 it wouldnt be as big a crowd next week but now it will be a big crowd. A european night at tynecastle is different pressure."

So what we're saying - basically - is that results are now secondary to finance.

Well fart on my urethra, we've become hibs.

GREAT STUFF.

shabba had the right idea 2 years ago, lose the first leg 4 nil....

I would rather we were 4 nil up, all about hearts getting through but next week should be an amazing night

Gods a Jambo

So what we're saying - basically - is that results are now secondary to finance.

Well fart on my urethra, we've become hibs.

GREAT STUFF.

Well thats one way to try and save face.

You really have to laugh at the level of bellend on Kickback. The OP makes a fair point, and while he maybe didnt articulate himself very well, it was easy to understand where he was coming from. Even JJ seems to have the same school of thought, he said "The tie isnt over, its only halfway. If we'd won 2-0 it wouldnt be as big a crowd next week but now it will be a big crowd. A european night at tynecastle is different pressure."

Couldn't agree more!, I happen to agree, the 12th man next week will be us, if we had one 2-1 the game is over in most peoples eyes, no 12th man, players maybe a bit over confident and the team who just one 4-0 away from home in last leg comes and skelps us,

kiickback is full of bellends, or "internet warriors" who any other time would sip their pint and say nothing!,

The OP makes a decent point. Sure, we'd all prefer to have won last night but with the tie in the balance, it might stick some more bums on seats for the return leg.

That's all the guy was saying FFS.

But hey, why accept that fact when you can just post smart arsed replies?

This thread illustrates exactly what kickback has become these days....a forum full of arseholes.

No wonder most Jambos I know wont come near this place. The shite that passes as 'banter' on here is unreal.

Gods a Jambo

Couldn't agree more!, I happen to agree, the 12th man next week will be us, if we had one 2-1 the game is over in most peoples eyes, no 12th man, players maybe a bit over confident and the team who just one 4-0 away from home in last leg comes and skelps us,

kiickback is full of bellends, or "internet warriors" who any other time would sip their pint and say nothing!,

This.

no, because at 2-1 the tie is hardly over. And does it not make better commercial sense to get into the NEXT round easier and without fuss? At 1-1 you only have to lose 1-0 and its curtains. If we won 2-1 last night, yer still through losing 1-0.

Gods a Jambo

no, because at 2-1 the tie is hardly over. And does it not make better commercial sense to get into the NEXT round easier and without fuss? At 1-1 you only have to lose 1-0 and its curtains. If we won 2-1 last night, yer still through losing 1-0.

You have missed the point entirely. Have a look at what our own manager has said.

I've had a think.

OP is right.

We should have lost.

It makes the most commercial sense.

**** me.

You have missed the point entirely. Have a look at what our own manager has said.

What point? I was answering the OP and i haven`t read the managers points yet.

Either way i still believe 2-1 is a better result, its all about getting through FFS. I just don`t get the thinking nowadays? It`s all based around money. Money gets made by success and that success is in the shape of progressing through tournaments.

I get the feeling im disagreeing with our great manager! :D

Archived