1. 1. New Manager ?

• Mark McGhee
    • Craig Levein
    • Easter European
    • Other British or European
    • Stevie Frail/No new Manager
    • The skinny kent who used to Manage St Johnstone

Gigolo-Aunt

Was a yes, but starting to have a horrid feeling that Frail will be promoted with Terry as his number 2.

**** knows if Frail can get it with/without his badges.

Frail has turned the boat around. We were way off course when he was appointed but for every decent performance there is another of pure pish and void of ideas.

Also two gutless cup exits.

I also hate it when he opens his mouth in the press.

TBH, , I cant be arsed with the guy.

rudi must stay

you bet we will, whether it will be a new manager rather than Frail is another question though

rudi must stay
Angel Chervenkov with assistant Neil (Terry) McCann!

:cool::cool::cool:

hope you're being sarcastic, Chervenkov was terrible here

hope you're being sarcastic, Chervenkov was terrible here

Yes, with last victorys vs. Rangers and Celtic... Actualy I'm sarcastic non stop, but I belive in potential of this duet if thay starting preparation in summer.

rudi must stay
Yes, with last victorys vs. Rangers and Celtic... Actualy I'm sarcastic non stop, but I belive in potential of this duet if thay starting preparation in summer.

your a day late saying this:p..

bobsajambo1

It will be Mark McGhee, if we can get a agreement on the backroom staff he wants to take with him, this seems to be the only sticking point, if this is overcome he will be in place for next season.

I thought McGhee had said publicly that there has been no contact between himself or Motherwell and Hearts? So if it is true that all he needs is to have his backroom staff employed too, would that not make him a liar. With many on here having spent much of this season complaining about Vlad?s lies, then how could all these fans countenance McGhee becoming manager?

J.T.F.Robertson
I thought McGhee had said publicly that there has been no contact between himself or Motherwell and Hearts? So if it is true that all he needs is to have his backroom staff employed too, would that not make him a liar. With many on here having spent much of this season complaining about Vlad?s lies, then how could all these fans countenance McGhee becoming manager?

No, only discreet. :)

Regarding frails tactics, would anyone care to come up with any sort of reasonable explanation for this.

Were getting beat 2-0 at this point and on comes a sub, not naming names but he's a left bk and it isnt jose ;)

The sub asks frail "do you want me to go forward more and push up more??"

Frail says "No just stay back!!

Now surely if your trailing a game 2-0 especially a cup final u try throw players on to get a goal back not to try and sit back and defend??

I for one would not be happy if he got the job on a permanent basis but would like him to remain number 2. Or possibly 3 :P

If I'm being honest I'd hope Vlad could stick hand in pocket and bring in somebody better than the choices above. Sure they may come good, but a real bit of quality and a pot of gold could actually mean a title challenge and not just back to chasing 3rd.

It was rumoured a big name to really get the STs moving, Levein and McGhee just isn't it imo. Happy to have either, but hope for more.

McGhee is who they are after.

If everything is rosy, he will be the new boss.

However, I have a feeling everything won't be rosy. McGhee will either turn down the offer or go elsewhere and we'll end up in a panic situation and hire Frail.

I won't be upset as most on here as I still feel he can get us 3rd given a full year. Though, like everyone else, I expected so much more.

Went for McGhee in hope more than expectation.

Think he would do a good job settling the ship and maybe given time - kick us on a bit.

I voted for another British or European manager.

Dutch

I would love to see a quaified coach from the old school dutch regime, that would encourage football that was played on the ground, based on the philosophy that Van Gaal used with ajax and Barca 4-3-3 with Ajax, 2-3-2-3 with Barcelona or any improvisation of both.

You need players capable of playing this system, but with a full pre season and the manager allowed to bring players in on the basis that they could play this system, it could be a winning formula. if not it, would be a damn site better to watch!

In Van Gaals book, he tells how he used a centre half who was not a natural center half...not tall or a big physique either.... but the player he was reffering to had a good engine and a the abillity to create attacks from the back with precise passing and the abillity to make the right pass... a footballing mind. The players natural position was more a creative midfielder, but the system required a footballer in the centre of defence rather than a typical defender who would lump the ball up the park.

I would love to see a manager have the balls to play this way!

hearts_crazy

Hold the phone, this is just another 'where's the new Manager we were promised' thread thinly disguised as a poll isn't it?

Stevie Frail.

Frail is winning games and if it aint broke..........

Korobochka is winning games and if it aint broke.........

Ivanauskas is winning games and if it aint broke.........

I would like to think that Hearts will learn from their mistakes. Unfortunately, I don't think they will.

Can anyone recall any club in Scottish football failing to find a manager when the search has gone into a 4th month?

Clearly they have no interest in finding a manager. Frail has done okay in the league since he got the job until the summer. The surrender in the cups was a big black mark. As was his pandering to VR in choosing some of his players on a regular basis.

Now that we are Defo not going for the Intertattie it'll be Frail, Players will leave, Kingston for example, and some dead wood will be punted, No players will come in and we'll play yoof players...Next season and a few seasons after, mid table mediocroty (sp?)...No change I'm afraid!!

We WILL go for McGhee,BUT, there WILL be problems, he'll not come and Vlad will say "We wanted him, we lost him...Now here's the new Pupp...Sorry, Manager we have, Get behind Frail..." Everyone will say, "Ach he tried, Frail's no a bad shout likes, All Hail the Puppet Master"...And so it will continue until the Fans wake and smell the Coffee!!

But we'll have the new stand to excite us all!! :dribble::confused:

my own oppinion.....

I would have Levein back in a heart beat but its never going to happen as why would he become a board member at UTD to then up-sticks and come back to hearts .

Would love to have McGhee as our manager and there is a number of people on this board who are convinced its going to be him but me being very skeptical and cynical and paranoid iv gone for Frail with a Russian overseeing whats going on.

Basically what we have now but i don't believe it will be Karobotchup.:sad:

McGhee is who they are after.

If everything is rosy, he will be the new boss.

However, I have a feeling everything won't be rosy. McGhee will either turn down the offer or go elsewhere and we'll end up in a panic situation and hire Frail.

I won't be upset as most on here as I still feel he can get us 3rd given a full year. Though, like everyone else, I expected so much more.

If the rumours are true and we've put all of our eggs in one basket over someone like MM then its a disgrace imo. Especially when we've gone out of 2 cups in the process, and there are better guys than MM available now.

Gigolo-Aunt
If the rumours are true and we've put all of our eggs in one basket over someone like MM then its a disgrace imo. Especially when we've gone out of 2 cups in the process, and there are better guys than MM available now.

Who are the better guys, Colin ??

Not disagreeing. Just curious.

Now that we are Defo not going for the Intertattie it'll be Frail, Players will leave, Kingston for example, and some dead wood will be punted, No players will come in and we'll play yoof players...Next season and a few seasons after, mid table mediocroty (sp?)...No change I'm afraid!!

We WILL go for McGhee,BUT, there WILL be problems, he'll not come and Vlad will say "We wanted him, we lost him...Now here's the new Pupp...Sorry, Manager we have, Get behind Frail..." Everyone will say, "Ach he tried, Frail's no a bad shout likes, All Hail the Puppet Master"...And so it will continue until the Fans wake and smell the Coffee!!

But we'll have the new stand to excite us all!! :dribble::confused:

Aye, I'll be totally gobsmacked (but delighted) if it doesn't go exactly like that. Fans taken for a ride again...

Who are the better guys, Colin ??

Not disagreeing. Just curious.

Personally I think Billy Davies is a better manager, although i appreciate some may disagree there.

Edit - Oh and me :D

Gigolo-Aunt
Personally I think Billy Davies is a better manager, although i appreciate some may disagree there.

Edit - Oh and me :D

Fair doo's mate. Although its not outwith the realms that Davies has been sounded out and is one on the list.

MM for me btw.

Fair doo's mate. Although its not outwith the realms that Davies has been sounded out and is one on the list.

MM for me btw.

I would like to think so, but the thing that sticks in my throat is that we were still in 2 cups, so its not like our season was over.

I'd also have liked to see us make a move for Neil Warnock, again a bit controversial, but i think he'd do a good job and be a breath of fresh air. He's at Crystal Palace just now but i'd like to think we could tempt him from there, although if compensation is an issue then thats fair enough, i can understand the club not wanting to spend loads on compensation.

Gigolo-Aunt
I would like to think so, but the thing that sticks in my throat is that we were still in 2 cups, so its not like our season was over.

I'd also have liked to see us make a move for Neil Warnock, again a bit controversial, but i think he'd do a good job and be a breath of fresh air. He's at Crystal Palace just now but i'd like to think we could tempt him from there, although if compensation is an issue then thats fair enough, i can understand the club not wanting to spend loads on compensation.

Wanock would have been PERFECT. Totally agree.

He was even flashing his pants to us in the press.

Wanock would have been PERFECT. Totally agree.

He was even flashing his pants to us in the press.

Which makes it all the more sadder for me...It was in the summer wasnt it, when we had the axis of gash? and when Warnock was between jobs?

Gigolo-Aunt
Which makes it all the more sadder for me...It was in the summer wasnt it, when we had the axis of gash? and when Warnock was between jobs?

Think it was the summer (or around that time). He was out of work.

"Hearts are a great club"

"Edinburgh is a woinderful city"

"We have relatives in Scotland"

"The wife would never forgive me if I never spoke to them"

Booger.

rudi must stay
Frail is winning games and if it aint broke..........

it is broke though and has been since the end of 05/06 season

it is broke though and has been since the end of 05/06 season

Given the announcement on the club website, I'd say Frail will now get permission to manage us as he studies (it's a two year course I think).

Willing to give him a whole season, certainly things are better than at the turn of the year and I think he has earned a chance.

Think it was the summer (or around that time). He was out of work.

"Hearts are a great club"

"Edinburgh is a woinderful city"

"We have relatives in Scotland"

"The wife would never forgive me if I never spoke to them"

Booger.

just on SSN that he's nominated for Championship manager of the month.

List of his 'Disputes' here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_warnock#Disputes :)

Given the announcement on the club website, I'd say Frail will now get permission to manage us as he studies (it's a two year course I think).

Willing to give him a whole season, certainly things are better than at the turn of the year and I think he has earned a chance.

Exactly what Mr Romanov wants to Read/Hear!!

You SERIOUSLY willing to spend nigh on ?500 to watch the Same Pesh next season, Run by the same Puppet??

Not having a dig (suppose it looks like I am) Just REALLY Curious to know WHY this would make you want to part with the Money for that!! :confused:

I believe it will be Mcghee & I will be quite happy.

That is, untill we start losing & I will be calling him a dirty Celtic *******!

the voice from above

I'd love to get Owen Coyle but I don't somehow think he'd bother with it...

Archived