Less than 9000 Hibs fans today

Sten Guns

Coburg Hearts

The boy's not wrong though, is he? When you're that bad and have lost a team and a half's worth of players in the summer, the incentive to keep going to the games is reduced, isn't it? Their support is shite at the best of times so it stands to reason they will feck off when they're gash(er than usual).

I never said he was wrong, in fact I Heartily agree with him too. Tbf most of them can see what is unfolding before their eyes, though some are still staunchly defending the tache.

Long may it continue as far as I'm concerned, and long may I continue to take the urine. :)

H J Simpson

Sproule was such an asset for Bristol City that he spent most of his time on the bench :lol:

That's cause with his turn of pace he was quick enough to get a seat before the rest of the subs

When i arrived at the game yesterday it was honestly like a pre season friendly. No singing or the feeling of a new season. We really are in some bother. No shots at goal and not even a corner. I wouldn't say we played really bad we just never had any movement in the team or punch up front. Callum Booth at left back was the only real positive to take from the game. I still think it will get worse for us before it gets better. Petrie thinks because the balance sheets add up it's all rosy. Sorry but i'd much rather watch a team that look like winning than stare at a speadsheet. Hopefully we have at least 3 players in for the derby or like many of you are saying it will be a stroll in the park.

Do you think you could go down? I haven't predicted it, but top 6 seems well beyond you and it's such a tight league that anyone bottom 6 could be in trouble.

Not sure my thoughts on it tbh. Would miss the derby but then again, you're the rivals so surely I'd have to bask. Maybe we could repeat 98 and win the cup!

Serious question though mate, you worried about it?

hearts_crazy

Not entirely off topic since it was to do with Hobs v Celtic, but there was a windae licker on Real Radio last week giving it 'Hibs are the biggest club in Edinburgh', he didn't come out with any stats to back this up, just made the clearly ludicrous statement and left it at that. He was of course shot down by Derek Johnstone. I would say thyat the crowd yesterday pretty much clears that one up, and it's not a one-off either, they couldn't even fill their ground for a derby last season. Pathetic wee club, not even on my crap teams that may cause a wee shock Radar. It amazes me that some hobos still see this pish as a top 6 team, sorry guys, you sold all your good players and I am willing to bet that Gary O'Connor will be the only signing that you will make of any interest whatsoever.

BTW the aforementioned zoomer also actually said 'Tell Celtic that Hibs were first to wear the green'. Do they honestly think any Celtic fan, or anyone else for that matter gives a flying **** about that? If I was a hobo I would be cringeing like a big cringey thing at that being mentioned on the radio.

heartsfc_fan

Not entirely off topic since it was to do with Hobs v Celtic, but there was a windae licker on Real Radio last week giving it 'Hibs are the biggest club in Edinburgh', he didn't come out with any stats to back this up, just made the clearly ludicrous statement and left it at that. He was of course shot down by Derek Johnstone. I would say thyat the crowd yesterday pretty much clears that one up, and it's not a one-off either, they couldn't even fill their ground for a derby last season. Pathetic wee club, not even on my crap teams that may cause a wee shock Radar. It amazes me that some hobos still see this pish as a top 6 team, sorry guys, you sold all your good players and I am willing to bet that Gary O'Connor will be the only signing that you will make of any interest whatsoever.

BTW the aforementioned zoomer also actually said 'Tell Celtic that Hibs were first to wear the green'. Do they honestly think any Celtic fan, or anyone else for that matter gives a flying **** about that? If I was a hobo I would be cringeing like a big cringey thing at that being mentioned on the radio.

I managed to catch this bit on Friday evening when I was driving home. Don't usually listen to the show :rolleyes: but this bit caught me.

The guy who said it is "Macca" from Durham. He's actually blind. I believe he goes to the games and gets people to tell him what is happening on the pitch.

Derek Johnstone did then come out with "Hearts are the bigger club" line Macca didn't seem to want to know. But basically that's the jist of it.

Do you think you could go down? I haven't predicted it, but top 6 seems well beyond you and it's such a tight league that anyone bottom 6 could be in trouble.

Not sure my thoughts on it tbh. Would miss the derby but then again, you're the rivals so surely I'd have to bask. Maybe we could repeat 98 and win the cup!

Serious question though mate, you worried about it?

If we don't add players mate then we are in real danger of the drop. I don't think we will though and expect either 9th or 10th. Petrie is killing our club and i'm not one who has his head in the sand thinking all is rosy. Can't blame the fans for staying away. ?28 if you were walking up yesterday and buying a ticket to watch a very poor side. I have a season ticket and already feel I should not have bothered.

BTW the aforementioned zoomer also actually said 'Tell Celtic that Hibs were first to wear the green'. Do they honestly think any Celtic fan, or anyone else for that matter gives a flying **** about that?

Yea, cause everyone is envious of teams that play in snottery, shitty green.

:goodone:

That's cause with his turn of pace he was quick enough to get a seat before the rest of the subs

:lol:

If we don't add players mate then we are in real danger of the drop. I don't think we will though and expect either 9th or 10th. Petrie is killing our club and i'm not one who has his head in the sand thinking all is rosy. Can't blame the fans for staying away. ?28 if you were walking up yesterday and buying a ticket to watch a very poor side. I have a season ticket and already feel I should not have bothered.

Tbh mate I'drather see St Midden go down than you guys, yeah its great watching you in a relegation dog fight but St Midden is one team who I actually hate more than the old squirm amd anyway like many fans I'd miss watching the derby too much.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Oh I dunno... I would probably prefer Hibs to go down again personaly.

I hate Midden with a passion and they will go down again soon enough but... Hibs in the first division for a season is ******* hilarious! Last time it happened I was a total ***** to all the Hibees I knew, seriously, I was unbearable about it! I want that to happen again! :D

Oh I dunno... I would probably prefer Hibs to go down again personaly.

I hate Midden with a passion and they will go down again soon enough but... Hibs in the first division for a season is ******* hilarious! Last time it happened I was a total ***** to all the Hibees I knew, seriously, I was unbearable about it! I want that to happen again! :D

Agree - but the teams I hate more than our city neighbours are both the Bigot Brothers and St Midden - I hate the 3 of them with a passion. Although it is great seeing the hobos among teams of their equal their quality :lol:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I agree completely about who I disliker more... Midden are right up there with the smellies IMO.

Midden will go back down again though, sooner rather than later to I reckon! :)

Hibs going down though? It happens far more rarely and when fate conspires to make it a possibility, I want to see it happen pronto! Hibby-bating is as one sided a sport as the Edinburgh Derby as it is... See when they go down a division for a season though? JUST FECKIN AWESOME!!

:D

I agree completely about who I disliker more... Midden are right up there with the smellies IMO.

Midden will go back down again though, sooner rather than later to I reckon! :)

Hibs going down though? It happens far more rarely and when fate conspires to make it a possibility, I want to see it happen pronto! Hibby-bating is as one sided a sport as the Edinburgh Derby as it is... See when they go down a division for a season though? JUST FECKIN AWESOME!!

:D

ah but Mothy dont you find it sweeter watching them sweat it out in a relegation dog fight every season and watching their fans with their heads in their hands as the realistic possibility of going down draws closer, oooh turning myself on now, and as the season draws to a close watch that releif as the "other" results keep them up by the skin of their teeth. Just for it to happen all over again the following year while their manager makes a tit of himself on tv by saying how well they played considering the shite they have in the team :lol:

I'd like to see them go down again but ideally not till next season. I'd like their demise to be a little bit more drawn out and lingering.

?28!!! Bum me sideways!

Aye. Mental. 10 pints or watch that?! Make mine a stout, barman. Christ, ?28s a layout to watch La Liga if you ask me. Just said on another thread, ticket prices in Scotland are a joke.

I guess the question is, at half that price, how many more would there have been? Maybe not many.

I reckon you're right with 9th/10th but you really can get dragged into the mire. Often one team is so much worse than everyone else that they save everyone else who's pish. If there's no fallguy this season, and there's no really obvious candidate, a lot of teams down there have improved squads, St Mirren included, Hibs could be in trouble.

I'm no gloating here, Wee Robbo (change yer bloomin name will ye, it just seems a bit too sadomasochistic for a Hibby to be called Wee Robbo! Like an auld wummin called Shipman_Rocks), just so rarely get the chance to converse with a level-headed hibee! Also, I'm above gloating, unlike Mothy who has no personal standards whatsoever.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

ah but Mothy dont you find it sweeter watching them sweat it out in a relegation dog fight every season and watching their fans with their heads in their hands as the realistic possibility of going down draws closer, oooh turning myself on now, and as the season draws to a close watch that releif as the "other" results keep them up by the skin of their teeth. Just for it to happen all over again the following year while their manager makes a tit of himself on tv by saying how well they played considering the shite they have in the team :lol:

I'd like to see them go down again but ideally not till next season. I'd like their demise to be a little bit more drawn out and lingering.

?28!!! Bum me sideways!

Aye. Mental. 10 pints or watch that?! Make mine a stout, barman. Christ, ?28s a layout to watch La Liga if you ask me. Just said on another thread, ticket prices in Scotland are a joke.

I guess the question is, at half that price, how many more would there have been? Maybe not many.

I reckon you're right with 9th/10th but you really can get dragged into the mire. Often one team is so much worse than everyone else that they save everyone else who's pish. If there's no fallguy this season, and there's no really obvious candidate, a lot of teams down there have improved squads, St Mirren included, Hibs could be in trouble.

I'm no gloating here, Wee Robbo (change yer bloomin name will ye, it just seems a bit too sadomasochistic for a Hibby to be called Wee Robbo! Like an auld wummin called Shipman_Rocks), just so rarely get the chance to converse with a level-headed hibee! Also, I'm above gloating, unlike Mothy who has no personal standards whatsoever.

Sticky pants. :)

?28!!! Bum me sideways!

That last part had me in fits. It was my nephews account who's a jambo and got me to set it up and chose the name.Then says just cancel it as i don't have the time. Is there anyway i can change my user name at all?

Touching on a couple of things you mentioned, even if Hibs did drop the price i doubt very much that would make much of a difference. Poor football on display so to be honest i don't think it would. I also agree about the fallguy thing. if there isn't one then i think if we don't get shot of CC and get new players in then we are in big trouble. My bro in law hates St. Mirren with a passion as well. He says half the team were tic fans and defo didn't put a shift in. So i can see why many of you boys would want them to drop too. I'll be honest the season we spent in the 1st was great we actually were winning :D did miss the derby games though big time. Funny thing i saw when our first game in the 1st we played Stranraer and lost 2-1. I mind a boy running from the top of the East right to the fence and ripping off his Hibs top and chucking it on the park. Fat ageing hairy guy walking home with no top on, on a roasting hot saturday in the huff. Gave me a chuckle.

When i arrived at the game yesterday it was honestly like a pre season friendly. No singing or the feeling of a new season. We really are in some bother. No shots at goal and not even a corner. I wouldn't say we played really bad we just never had any movement in the team or punch up front. Callum Booth at left back was the only real positive to take from the game. I still think it will get worse for us before it gets better. Petrie thinks because the balance sheets add up it's all rosy. Sorry but i'd much rather watch a team that look like winning than stare at a speadsheet. Hopefully we have at least 3 players in for the derby or like many of you are saying it will be a stroll in the park.

Your manager doesn't give a shit, the longer he hings about, the more jollification there is for the superior species. [Take it as read that this is a smug Bateman face]

Tommy Wiseau

What's this "down next season" patter all about?

Get them fecking down this season. And the next after that. Then bust. Then they can come back through the leagues as Hibs FC or whatever before returning to the SPL. Where we immediately relegate them after a crushing 8-0 win at Easter Road.

This is basics, lads. <_<

Get them fecking down this season. And the next after that. Then bust. Then they can come back through the leagues as Hibs FC or whatever before returning to the SPL. Where we immediately relegate them after a crushing 8-0 win at Easter Road.

Kind of agree. Tell me where in there the Easter Road disaster with just over six thousand lost souls fits, then I'll buy.

Coburg Hearts

Is there anyway i can change my user name at all?

Get yourself an exclusive story, declare that if it doesn't come true you'll change your name to "I love Hibs" and you're sorted. Job done!!! :thumbsup:

Couldn't agree more strongly Francis!!!

Get them down and then we can scoff at their demise as Petrie attempts to balance the books while finishing 7th in the Irn Bru 1st Division with Paul Kane being binned as 14th manager in 11 seasons!!!

Happy Days all round!

It was my nephews account who's a jambo and got me to set it up and chose the name.Then says just cancel it as i don't have the time.

Suffering from some deja vu here and I hope I am well wrong with this one, but I will go forth and ask anyways.

Wee Robbo, by any chance are you Irvine Jambo?

It's just that the last time we had uncle/nephew postings on here it opened up a wee can of worms.

;-).

Archived