So, Rangers then...

The Comedian

The Comedian

Malmo up next in the champions league. How do we want this to go?

If they qualify that's 10 million for the coffers but their squad will be stretched making life difficult in the league.

Or they don't, miss out on the money to buy players but are fresher now.

Long game for me. Hope they get horsed.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Old Tolbooth

I'm very firmly in the camp of wanting both the Old Firm pumped out of Europe at the earliest opportunity to starve them of money. I don't give a damn about the co efficient because the lower it is, then the less money available to them as the harder it is for them to qualify for the jackpot stages.

I know this may slightly hamper our Euro chances in future too, but lets face it, we're never going to win a European competition anyway, and so my preference is for us to be closer in the league to them with a better chance of domestic silverware. I've really enjoyed Rangers woes over the last 2 years, and I hope they continue to the point of them going bust, and I would dearly love Celtic to follow them, or am I hoping for a bit much? :whistling:

CF11JamTart

Rangers and Celtic to get tipped out of Europe at the earliest opportunity, please.

Two reasons:

1. they really annoy me

2. I don't want them to improve their financial position. Rangers getting ?10M or whatever would come in very very handy for them at the mo'.

If Rangers get pumped out at this stage does that drop them out altogether or do they drop into the Europa League?

I want them horsed either way just curious

Firmly want jedward pumped out of Europe...

Any money they make from European football helps them stay miles in front of the rest...

We all know Rangers and skint and hopefully HMRC rip them a new one... Celtic's debt jumped from ?3 million up to ?9 million That was blamed on no champions league income, Again with no European football there debt will only go up.. :juggle2:

Whilst they are no certainties to turn Malmo over, they will still have another qualifying round to negotiate. The fact that they are shite, and will be up against a better side thhich is nican Malmo means they are likely to be on their merry way, which is nice :thumbsup:

Jack Torrance

I'm very firmly in the camp of wanting both the Old Firm pumped out of Europe at the earliest opportunity to starve them of money. I don't give a damn about the co efficient because the lower it is, then the less money available to them as the harder it is for them to qualify for the jackpot stages.

I know this may slightly hamper our Euro chances in future too, but lets face it, we're never going to win a European competition anyway, and so my preference is for us to be closer in the league to them with a better chance of domestic silverware. I've really enjoyed Rangers woes over the last 2 years, and I hope they continue to the point of them going bust, and I would dearly love Celtic to follow them, or am I hoping for a bit much? :whistling:

I agree John but not the part about never winning a euro competition. Highly unlikely but you never know.

Things have changed a lot since 'we used to be famous' won. But its not impossible to get through the Europa league with a bit of luck. Who knows what would've happened if wee JC's shot had went in at Bayern...

Things have changed a lot since 'we used to be famous' won. But its not impossible to get through the Europa league with a bit of luck. Who knows what would've happened if wee JC's shot had went in at Bayern...

We'd have been royally horsed by Maradona's Napoli in the semis, I expect

tartofmidlothian

Embarrassingly humped out of the CL.

A demanding Europa campaign through most of the season. Their already thinly spread squad drained for weekend matches, keeping us in the hunt for 2nd.

The club making a fraction of the money they would have in the CL. Big swathes of empty blue seats for 'glamour' home ties against Valarenga they end up drawing 1-1. CW sweating buckets waiting for that tax bill to hit his mat.

Embarrassingly humped out of the Europa in the quarters, just before people start to pay attention. Hearts pipping them to 2nd. Their stadium and players being handed over to HMRC next summer and sold for buttons.

That's my prediction.

Only a Game

?10 million makes a severely big dent in their financial predicament, so for that reason they need to be out of the CL.

Dont mind if they drop down to the Europa league as it keeps them busy without making a whole load of money..

By the way. If you look beyond their starting 11 they have NOTHING !!!!

Maiden Gorgie

I just remember how amazingly happy i was after the Kaunas result. Good times!

Malmo to horse them, please.

Vlad Knows.

as much as i dislike the huns i want them to do well in europe so scotland can get more co-efficient points and get more european spaces.

as much as i dislike the huns i want them to do well in europe so scotland can get more co-efficient points and get more european spaces.

The only way the gap between the OF can be reduced is for the difference between their income and the rest to reduce.

Winning the SPL gets one of them ?2.3m, getting to the CL group ?10m minimum.

I hope they get right royally horsed.

who gives a **** our minimum aim every season should be Scottish Cup final and 3rd in the league either of those will invariably assure us of Europe so I couldn't give a shite if the likes of Motherwell or Scumdee or Aberdeen don't get to join the party

This may sound like an AA meeting but here goes.....

My name is Boab and i wanted the hooped demons to beat Porto and the Blue disorder to beat Zenit.Both would have been good for our game in Scotland.Wanting teams to fail so they come down to a level where we can compete? Sorry,i don't get that.I'm old enough to remember Rangers winning the CWC in 72',vaguely remember the hooped demons winning the big cup in 67' and watched the sheep winning in 83' and enjoyed it.The arabs in 87' was unlucky but good that they got so far.

Football is a great outlet for letting off steam and i've had my fair share over the years but you get to a point where shoutin and bawling and fightin looks daft.

I hope we all win!

Group hug?;)

Guest Bilel Mohsni

A nice attitude to have Boab... Certainly not one I go along with personally but nontheless, probably the right way to think.

I want all the other teams you mentioned to fail miserably.

Nothing more than a thrasing will do for me, I certainly dont want them getting 10 million to bank as I would love to see them and there unwashed rivals in the gutter

A nice attitude to have Boab... Certainly not one I go along with personally but nontheless, probably the right way to think.

I want all the other teams you mentioned to fail miserably.

Domestically,i'm with you,Mothy.Just noticed at the end of the ESPN coverage there that the first derby at Tynecastle is a quarter to four kick-off!

Magic!

The passion,channelled the right way of course,is what the game is all about.I just can't be arsed with the negativity in a European context.Dundee Utd going out the other night was sad for me because i,and all of us actually, know exactly how they felt.

givememychoice

There was a time when yes, one team doing well benefited the rest. not now.

I want Scotlands coefficient to go down.

I want our opponents income to go down.

I want us to do better.

All 3 are aided by other scottish clubs doing badly.

As for the post about how we could win the Europa League at some point given what happened in 89/90: dont be so stupid.

lets look at the results:

1st Round V St Patricks Athletic 4-0

2nd Round V Austria Vienna 1-0

3rd Round V Velez 4-2

Quarter Final V Bayern 1-2

so 3 wins over 2 legs.

To get to the quarter finals we will need something along the lines of (and im using the rankings to gauge likely opponents - trying to use approximately middle of the range)

3rd QR Paks

4th QR Sparta Prague

League: sporting lisbon, besiktas, Lazio

2nd Round: Paris St Germain

3rd Round: Atletico Madrid

QF:Tottenham

SF: Roma

F: Sevilla

4 wins over 2 legs AND finishing in the top 2 of a tricky league.

Cant believe the amount of arseholes on hear that want Rangers to get beat in Europe.

Yes if Hibs were ever in Europe then yes,but Rangers I just cant understand.

It doesnt matter how much money Rangers have got they will always be bigger than Hearts.

The more they or any Scottish team gets pumped in Europe the less chance the wee teams from the east will have anychance of even getting into the group stages .

Maybe the capital city should stick to Rugger and let Scotlands Real Capital stick to the football.

Let the games begin :thumbsup:

By the way just for the record I will alway want Hearts to win except for when they are playing the Bears.

Are YOU`S jealous of us?

Cant believe the amount of arseholes on hear that want Rangers to get beat in Europe.

It doesnt matter how much money Rangers have got they will always be bigger than Hearts.

The more they or any Scottish team gets pumped in Europe the less chance the wee teams from the east will have anychance of even getting into the group stages .

Maybe the capital city should stick to Rugger and let Scotlands Real Capital stick to the football.

By the way just for the record I will alway want Hearts to win except for when they are playing the Bears.

Are YOU`S jealous of us?

Rangers will always be bigger than hearts. Would i like them to be less big? Yes. What's so tricky to understand about that?

The OF doing well in europe benefits them greatly in both the short and long term, whilst it benefits the rest of scottish football in only a minor way - Gain to the OF.

The OF doing poorly in europe hurts them greatly both long and short term, whilst it only hinders a fraction of scottish teams in a very minor way - Huge net gain to non-OF

It's pretty simple game theory, my friendly ghost friend.

Are YOU`S jealous of us?

Do you want a competitive league or do you just want OF success in Europe?

Are YOU`S jealous of us?

go_****_yourself.gif

JamboRossi79

Are YOU`S jealous of us?

**** right off. Jealous of your club built solely on bigotry and sectarianism. You lot embarrass yourselves on your travels every time you go somewhere. Just ask Manchester, Villareal or Barcelona if they want you back any time soon.

So you can take your so called support and ram it.

I want Rankgers beaten in every game they play until they go out of business which if there is any justice in the world will be quite soon.

That clear enough for you ? thumbsup.gif

J Cheever Loophole

Malmo up next in the champions league. How do we want this to go?

If they qualify that's 10 million for the coffers but their squad will be stretched making life difficult in the league.

Or they don't, miss out on the money to buy players but are fresher now.

Long game for me. Hope they get horsed.

Personally,I want them to get reamed,we shouldn't depend upon others endeavours so we can progress IMO if only to deny them the excuse,"Becuase of us"

FTO

Are YOU`S jealous of us?

Capital City

Are you jealous of us ??

I hope rangers and their side kicks get horsed evey game they play.

What round do you play HMRC

Is it live on TV ??

A few of my mates are wanting to see Scottish clubs do well in Europe for the benefita of Scottish football and all that malarkey. I see Europe like any competition, want to see Hearts do good and everyone else get horsed.

Only a Game

A few of my mates are wanting to see Scottish clubs do well in Europe for the benefita of Scottish football and all that malarkey. I see Europe like any competition, want to see Hearts do good and everyone else get horsed.

The Old Firm doing well in Europe is no longer good for Scottish Football (if it ever was good that is) In fact its decidedly BAD for Scottish football these days and getting worse. That is an unarguable financially sound mathematical FACT. Its good for the Old Firm of course. Two clubs who would quit Scottish football at the drop of a hat if they had the chance.

Mon the Malmo IMO

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I hate Rangers. I enjoy watching them get raped by shit teams like Kaunas. I make no apologies for this, it's just the way I am really. :)

Embarrassingly humped out of the CL.

A demanding Europa campaign through most of the season. Their already thinly spread squad drained for weekend matches, keeping us in the hunt for 2nd.

The club making a fraction of the money they would have in the CL. Big swathes of empty blue seats for 'glamour' home ties against Valarenga they end up drawing 1-1. CW sweating buckets waiting for that tax bill to hit his mat.

Embarrassingly humped out of the Europa in the quarters, just before people start to pay attention. Hearts pipping them to 2nd. Their stadium and players being handed over to HMRC next summer and sold for buttons.

That's my prediction.

Oooh, you tease! Could life be this good?

This.

Although, leaning more to a bit of of a showing in Europe from us, rather than hoping Celtic and Rangers fold :teehee:

A royal pumping for Rangers for me please. In fact the ideal scenario would be that Craig Whyte's entire business plan is built around them making the Champions League this season, thus when they fail to do so and are forced into administration, they have to negotiate with their creditors....at which point one wee Lithuanian based Russian businessman steadfastly refuses to budge on the full ?1.5 million he is owed and puts them into liquidation. :teehee:

The Treasurer

My only concern is for what is good for HMFC

I'm not interested in "the bigger picture"

So the way I see it any success for the OF in Europe has a negitive effect on our chances of improving therefore I want them both humiliated at the earliest opportunity.

Slightly off topic but the CL has had a negative effect throughout Europe not just Scotland.

The same teams qualify year after year bringing in more money to the already richest clubs in the various leagues, which only makes them even further ahead of their domestic rivals.

So the way I see it any success for the OF in Europe has a negitive effect on our chances of improving therefore I want them both humiliated at the earliest opportunity.

Slightly off topic but the CL has had a negative effect throughout Europe not just Scotland.

The same teams qualify year after year bringing in more money to the already richest clubs in the various leagues, which only makes them even further ahead of their domestic rivals.

I agree. Anything that reduces the financial dominance of the Old Firn in Scotland is good in my book.

rossthejambo

PLEASE STOP CALLING THE OLD FIRM JEDWARD!

The absolute epitome of rank chat.

On topic, I want Rangers to get royally pumped out of Europe at all opportunites, likewise Celtic.

Rangers pumped out of europe, Majid to leave, Davis and Jellyfish long term injurys..... all lined up for us to finish in the top 2 this season ;)

Totally this. :thumbsup:

Seymour M Hersh

PLEASE STOP CALLING THE OLD FIRM JEDWARD!

The absolute epitome of rank chat.

On topic, I want Rangers to get royally pumped out of Europe at all opportunites, likewise Celtic.

Hope orange Jedward get pumped tonight! :P

Seymour M Hersh

Wallace playing in midfield say SSN

So only bought for their Euro campaign eh? May be a sore year for Lee's bum being on the bench after they're pumped out of Europe. :lol:

Seymour M Hersh

So only bought for their Euro campaign eh? May be a sore year for Lee's bum being on the bench every week after they're pumped out of Europe. :lol:

Archived