What Box set next?

H2

Did 24, just finished the Sopranos, which I really enjoyed, the end was jaw dropping, brilliant, but I won't spoil it in case anyone else watches it.

I'm wondering what bx set I should get to cover the next six months.

not sure if theres a box set yet but theres at least three seasons of Breaking Bad to get into

The Wire, Deadwood, Breaking Bad, Band of Brothers and Curb are all tremendous. Also, Dexter, Twin Peaks and Six Feet Under.

it won't take six months to get through but Arrested Development is one of the best comedies ever made and was shamefully hidden away at an obscure time by BBC2. It's usually quite pricey, so probably best to just download it.

Sexton Hardcastle

it won't take six months to get through but Arrested Development is one of the best comedies ever made and was shamefully hidden away at an obscure time by BBC2. It's usually quite pricey, so probably best to just download it.

I got the box set from Amazon for 19 quid. The film is back on track apparently.

Also put forward True Blood

So much to choose from. Maybe I need to give up work to watch them all :lol:

Thanks for all the tips, my thinking hat is on.

Arrested Development is amazing. That and Father Ted are my favourite comedies. :thumbsup:

wiltshirejambo

Agreed. The way the BBC treated that show was shocking. It shows that they've got no balls and don't like to take risks. I love it and in my opinion, it's up there with the best TV comedies ever. I reckon it's got more jokes per minute that most shows. There's a movie in the pipeline too.

I had the same dilema recently. If you've not seen The Wire you definitely should. Battlestar Galactica is amazing, Caprica was pretty good as well until it got cancelled. Other good shows I have watched are Justified, Terriers, and The West Wing.

Agreed. The way the BBC treated that show was shocking. It shows that they've got no balls and don't like to take risks.

It's the BBC way though. Did the same when they got round to screening The Wire. They also did it with the tremendous Larry Sanders Show (which I think has eventually been released on DVD). I got series 1 of Arrested Development for Xmas but haven't got round to watching it yet.

To the OP - if you haven't seen The Wire yet, I'd recommend getting The Corner first. It's kinda related and is equally as good.

It won't take you 6 months to get through, but you can't go wrong with the It Crowd.

If you like crime dramas though, Without A Trace is realy good as well.

scottishgod

Deadwood for me is the greatest thing ever captured on film. Although it was cancelled early (like a lot of great HBO stuff) you still get 36 episodes of the highest quality entertainment possible. Breaking Bad is pretty darn good as well. It has now surpassed the Sopranos as the second best show ever. As a cheeky outsider i'd give Carnivale a go as well but be prepared for the premature end.

The Natural Order

Did 24, just finished the Sopranos, which I really enjoyed, the end was jaw dropping, brilliant, but I won't spoil it in case anyone else watches it.

I'm wondering what bx set I should get to cover the next six months.

I've also just finished the Sopranos and loved it, but I thought it was spoiled at the end by the worst ending of any TV show ever made.

Dean Winchester

Battlestar Galactica/Supernatural :thumbsup:

Probably best with the former as it's completely finished the latter still has a couple of seasons left to go.

Battlestar Galactica/Supernatural :thumbsup:

Probably best with the former as it's completely finished the latter still has a couple of seasons left to go.

Supernatural is a good shout, although IMO, it takes a bit of watching before you get into it. Dean is a fantastic character, and Jensen Ackles is a great actor. I've watched up to season 5, and looking forward to the next.

Wow there is so much choice:

Band of Brothers

Breaking Bad

Deadwood

ROME

Californication

The Wire

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Entourage

and Curb

Dexter

Twin Peaks

Six Feet Under

Arrested Development

True Blood

Miami Vice

The Shield

The Boardwalk Empire

Prison break

Battlestar Galactica

Caprica

Justified

Terriers

The West Wing

The Event

the It Crowd

Without A Trace

Oz

Carnivale

Supernatural

The Natural Order

I really like the 3 CSI shows (but Miami's the best imo), there's enough of them to keep you going for years and you can get them for next to nothing.

Medium is also really good, and if you fancy a bit of old school SiFi, Babylon 5 sets a standard only Galactica has got near.

Dean Winchester

Wow there is so much choice:

Band of Brothers

Breaking Bad

Deadwood

ROME

Californication

The Wire

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Entourage

and Curb

Dexter

Twin Peaks

Six Feet Under

Arrested Development

True Blood

Miami Vice

The Shield

The Boardwalk Empire

Prison break

Battlestar Galactica

Caprica

Justified

Terriers

The West Wing

The Event

the It Crowd

Without A Trace

Oz

Carnivale

Supernatural

If you haven't seen Band of Brothers then it's definitely the first one you should buy. Cheap as from Amazon as well and well worth the money :thumbsup:

Entourage - best half hour show on the box

Is their a new series on skyatlantic tomorrow night or is it a repeat?

SectionDJambo

The Shield is what I'm currently watching it's unbelievable can't understand why I hadnt seen it before now!

Breaking Bad is also a very good shout. I its a comedy you are looking for, Curb or 30 Rock are good for a watch.

Randle P McMurphy

2 others not mentioned yet, if you like Curb Your Enthusiasm you should also watch Seinfeld. Also Firefly, although criminally only one series was ever made.

The Chicago Code that was on Sky Atlantic recently was decent too.

Mr Brightside

I've also just finished the Sopranos and loved it, but I thought it was spoiled at the end by the worst ending of any TV show ever made.

Lost had the worst ending ever.

The Natural Order

Lost had the worst ending ever.

I would have agreed with you about 4 or 5 days ago before seeing the Sopranos ending. At least the writers on Lost made an effort to finish the story.

I would have agreed with you about 4 or 5 days ago before seeing the Sopranos ending. At least the writers on Lost made an effort to finish the story.

I really loved the end to the Sopranos. The way it built to that anti climatic climax. It explained that Tony would continue to live that life but would always be on edge, always looking over his shoulder waiting for the next attempt to "wack" him. It was sheer poetry.

Archived