Obua haters get a grip

beefybathgate

this thread is enough to wipe the smile off big dave's coupon....

0,,10289~7103511,00.jpg

Didnt take long to return though.

Randle P McMurphy

ok here are the options:

fans get on big Dave's back

1307300766aaaaaaa.jpg

fans on big Dave's side

0,,10289~7103511,00.jpg

no brainer for the best smile in football.

He made a rod for his own back yesterday by playing so well, but it's a good one.

If that's the sort of performance he's going to put in then I'm delighted and would love to see him playing more often. If not, he won't be picked and will have to work his way back into the team. No excuses now, if he can't keep the standard up then he'll be back on the bench. He's been around long enough now to know the way the Scottish game works and to know how he needs to adapt his own game to make a place in the team his own. Either way it's win win for us and I'm just looking forward to seeing how he kicks on from here.

You did good yesterday, Smiler. Keep it up. thumbsup.gif

Tommy Wiseau

I look forward to the nobheads top guys at Tynie jeering his every touch next weekend. As ever. :rolleyes:

Only thing I wanted to see more from Davie O was most tackling and a bit harder on the opponent...but Hey, what a bloody great game he played and what a goal it would've been if not for the brilliant save from Alan M.

His header was top class - never took his eye off it and aimed it in. Brilliant stuff, and congrats for proving the critics well wrong. He was hungry as f--- on Saturday.

To quote Sir Alex Ferguson

?On you go. I?m no f****** talking to you. He?s a f****** great player. Yous are f******* idiots.?

:whistling:

No denying - top performance on Saturday and for that i'm thankful and pleased and probably a little relieved.

There is also no denying that the boy is certainly capable of these performances, its just a shame that historically speaking, for every performance he puts in like this, there are normally half a dozen rank rotten performances to go with it.

If he can play like that more often than not - i'll be all for jumping on the Big Davie O Bus Of Smiley Faces.

mahgrassyshoes

Obua is playing the way we have been crying out for for months. Just getting a foot on the ball holding it up playing simple passes and letting our midfield play their way into the game and get involved. Was delighted with his performance. Worked hard and did really well. He was essentially playing the role occupied by Rudi las year, so the fact he wasn't hammering into challenges isn't a problem for me. Not every player in a team has to be a hard tackler.

The Treasurer

The Big O has always shown glimpses of the ability he has but they have been too few and far between.

This is posssibly down to his style of play not being suited to the tempo of Scottish football.

As has been said it's far too early to judge but Saturday's performance maybe means that he has finally got used to the way the game is played here.

On a side note:

What sort of Hearts "fan" buys a new away top and then gets "Oboooa" printed on the back. (as was witnessed at Ibrox)

If it was supposed to be funny then you failed.

If it was to show how much you disliked one of our own players then that is just pathetic.

If there's another explanation then I'd be interested to hear it

Do you see anyone criticising his performance today?

I've been one of his harshest critics in the past 2 and a half years, and I think deservedly so, but he was my MOTM today. I can count two times when his passes weren't pinpoint. In keeping it simple and passing it short he was doing exactly what he needed. Hopefully his game will soon evolve so he can become more creative.

As said in the second post, let's see if he's still putting in these performances in 6 months' time, then he'll be going some way to repaying us for what has been a horrendous 30 months.

I'd agree with that.

I've never been a fan of Obuas but more performances like Saturday then I'll quickly change my mind.

Fingers crossed he keeps it up.

Archived