tough breaks

Sharpie

Fifteen year old grandson fitba' daft and a really good goalie, had bad luck Thursday night. Went out for a ball, his foot caught and he went over, broken ankle and leg broken in two places. Had surgery yesterday put plate and screws in to hold things. Biggest pain for him nae fitba' for at least six months. I am really not too familiar with injuries that serious and just hope he is not finished with the game.

His second problem he is 6' tall and is in a growing spurt the doctor is worried that as his bones stretch they may have to go in and remove the screws to allow the growth, it never rains but it pours.

davemclaren

Fifteen year old grandson fitba' daft and a really good goalie, had bad luck Thursday night. Went out for a ball, his foot caught and he went over, broken ankle and leg broken in two places. Had surgery yesterday put plate and screws in to hold things. Biggest pain for him nae fitba' for at least six months. I am really not too familiar with injuries that serious and just hope he is not finished with the game.

His second problem he is 6' tall and is in a growing spurt the doctor is worried that as his bones stretch they may have to go in and remove the screws to allow the growth, it never rains but it pours.

Sounds a real sore one! :ninja:

Boaby Ewing

Sorry to heat that Bob, sounds a right sore one.

Teenagers heal fast though, especially if they're fit. Maybe get some advice from a sports physio within a couple of months - while the docs will monitor the bone growth etc. I'd guess they might be able to get him doing pool work or something non-load bearing after a few months.

blondejamtart

Sorry to hear that, Bob - my son (16) is a keeper and, touch wood, has been relatively lucky injury-wise, with no broken bones. As others have said, although they are growing quickly at that age, they also heal quickly, so hopefully he will be back to his best in no time. The biggest problem will probably his frustration at being unable to play for so long.

Bad luck for the lad mate, and I really hope he fully heals.

I reckon his young age could benefit him though as the body overcomes many traumas, and much quicker, when you are that sort of age.

Fingers crossed for him.

tommythejambo

That's bad for the boy. Hope he heals up and gets back between the sticks ASAP.

http://www.sportsmedicinecentre.org/home.cfm?page=2291

Give this a try it seems a little expensive but in the long run it could be really cheap. I havent heard a bad word against them and it gives us members of the public access to professional help.

Maybe get in touch with the Uni at Riccarton they might be looking for bodies to help develop thier students and if they are its usually free.

Tell him to keep his head up these things happen.

All the best for the wee man

davemclaren

http://www.sportsmedicinecentre.org/home.cfm?page=2291

Give this a try it seems a little expensive but in the long run it could be really cheap. I havent heard a bad word against them and it gives us members of the public access to professional help.

Maybe get in touch with the Uni at Riccarton they might be looking for bodies to help develop thier students and if they are its usually free.

Tell him to keep his head up these things happen.

All the best for the wee man

Sound advice mate but Bob, and his grandson I assume, live in Canada. :)

Sound advice mate but Bob, and his grandson I assume, live in Canada. :)

MMM that might make it right expensive!! :lol: :lol:

MMM that might make it right expensive!! :lol: :lol:

We have a bit of luck regarding physio, our daughter's partner is well connected in local professional sports, he has already contacted one of the teams physio regarding a future program, it will be quite a while before he is ready for that I think. Of course no show without Punch, Grannie and Grandad have to go to Tsawassen where they now live to play doctor and nurse to the patient next weekend for a week. Not to difficult as the new man in the daughters life is a sports nut has a 52" TV and every sports channel available. Hudson and I may even get to watch a Hearts game on it. As a small point of interest he was wearing his Hearts goalie shirt in the game where he was injured.

davemclaren

We have a bit of luck regarding physio, our daughter's partner is well connected in local professional sports, he has already contacted one of the teams physio regarding a future program, it will be quite a while before he is ready for that I think. Of course no show without Punch, Grannie and Grandad have to go to Tsawassen where they now live to play doctor and nurse to the patient next weekend for a week. Not to difficult as the new man in the daughters life is a sports nut has a 52" TV and every sports channel available. Hudson and I may even get to watch a Hearts game on it. As a small point of interest he was wearing his Hearts goalie shirt in the game where he was injured.

Well done Bob. Got to keep these family traditions going. :thumbsup:

Vlad flu imo!

Archived