Jamie Mac

1874robbo

Don't know if this had been discussed already approaching this game but does anyone think he will be in goals tomorrow seeing as he seems to be the keeper that normally starts against rangers?

Don't know if this had been discussed already approaching this game but does anyone think he will be in goals tomorrow seeing as he seems to be the keeper that normally starts against rangers?

Only because by coincidence others are injured or unavailable. It's not a tactical choice, Kello will play.

Only because by coincidence others are injured or unavailable. It's not a tactical choice, Kello will play.

Hope your right

apparently the team for tomoz is;-

kello

gowser zal web grainger

black egg

temps obua taouil

sutton

god help us

How who would you have :angry: your comments are always having sly digs or saying god help us,why don't you just shut your hole!!

Destruction Derby

How who would you have :angry: your comments are always having sly digs or saying god help us,why don't you just shut your hole!!

I hope the mods are paying attention to this ****. Hobo :ninja:

Edit: Not meaning you

bit of a racist new name for Obua I see

<_< see post from jamboruss please

kello

gowser zal web grainger

black egg

temps obua taouil

sutton

Has "Gowser" ever played right back for us before? I don't like Jonsson at right back but I think I'd rather have him at right back before somebody who has never played there before?

If doing that then I guess I'd play Mrowiec in there, might actually do that before Jonsson anyway?

Im no expert on keepers but i dont think macdonald is that bad! The boy certainly has a voice on him. Canni mind what game it was last season but he replaced Kello after a run of games and one thing i did notice from sitting in the gorgie was his communication with the defence. The laddie didnae stop talking!

Anyway i like him :thumbsup:

Only a Game

kello

gowser zal web grainger

black egg

temps obua taouil

sutton

I'd be reasonably happy with that given the available players.

I think we have to keep the ball for extended periods and if thats the midfield, its designed to do just that IMO.

Nothing too ambitious or over-complicated, just keep it off them for as long as we can, pass and move,slow it down, frustrate them, play football with it, plus that team has a goal or two in it if we can get onto their back four IMO.

I think Temps could be the key here. If we play him on the right he's more than capable of ripping Wallace a new one. Wallace is weaker defensively than Papac IMO

Im no expert on keepers but i dont think macdonald is that bad! The boy certainly has a voice on him. Canni mind what game it was last season but he replaced Kello after a run of games and one thing i did notice from sitting in the gorgie was his communication with the defence. The laddie didnae stop talking!

he could be away next summer when his contract is up

At the risk of this turning into a starting line up prediction thread;

Kello

Jonsson Zal ??? Grainger

Black Adrian

Elliott Taouil Temps

Sutton

Depending on the fitness of Webster, we could see McGowan, Jonsson or Mrowiec at centre half.

Only a Game

At the risk of this turning into a starting line up prediction thread;

Kello

Jonsson Zal ??? Grainger

Black Adrian

Elliott Taouil Temps

Sutton

Depending on the fitness of Webster, we could see McGowan, Jonsson or Mrowiec at centre half.

Shows you how vulnerable we are when (if) we lose our top centre half. A non right back at right back and a non footballer in defensive midfield. (just to cover for one missing centre back)I'd rather see McGowan if its not Webster, but not having Webster makes us look weak all over the back line IMO

I'd go as far as to say that if McGowan isnt up to the back up centre half job, we're fecked this season the minute one of Zal or Webster are out for any reason.

I'm always surprised when i see people saying they think Jamie is pish. Never once let us down imo. Maybe not spectacular but he's solid and dependable, exactly what you want from your number 2 (I mean 2nd choice goalie, although i guess the same goes for poo).

As someone said above, his communication is excellent and that's a big part of being a good Henry.

Kello is our number 1, but if we sold in Jan, I'd have no qualms at all with Jamie seeing out the season between the jumpers for us. Would maybe want us to sign a new number 1 for the next season.

Also, don't mind the team posted by Jamboruss at all. In fact, I'd be very happy with that. Also leaves us good options on the bench in Elliott, Stevo, Mroviec and Arvy, a selection of whom would be very useful if we get to the point of trying to see the game out for a draw or win.

mahgrassyshoes

I wouldn't be averse to having Mrowiec at CH if he is playing along Zal. He's another onewho'll be alright when he has someone talking him through the game.

I wouldn't be averse to having Mrowiec at CH if he is playing along Zal. He's another onewho'll be alright when he has someone talking him through the game.

Not for me. I think if he and Barr have to play on a regular basis this season, we'll struggle. Not like a Hibs-esque struggle - still be up there for 3rd but we'll eek our way through games and won't win many comfylike

mahgrassyshoes

Not for me. I think if he and Barr have to play on a regular basis this season, we'll struggle. Not like a Hibs-esque struggle - still be up there for 3rd but we'll eek our way through games and won't win many comfylike

I'd agree. Wouldn't have him there long term, but for the odd one off it'd do. Barring that MOtherwell game he's always done alright there regardless of opposition.

Chris Benoit

Jamie Mac isn't very good to be honest. He will make the odd good save usually after hesitating and putting the defence in trouble. Terrible positioning for both goals he conceded against Cowdengelly too.

mahgrassyshoes

Jamie Mac isn't very good to be honest. He will make the odd good save usually after hesitating and putting the defence in trouble. Terrible positioning for both goals he conceded against Cowdengelly too.

Was it you i was you i was agreeing with very loudly and aggressiviely Jmac in Inverness and everyone thought we were arguing; or was that your brother? Amazing what the booze will do for you! Or me in this case!!:lol:

Hesiatation is his biggest problem (reasonably major prob for a Henry!) but I feel that could maybe go with an extended run in the team (which he should only get if Kello leaves or his arms fall off in a nasty loom-based accident).

Zal's sending off against Hibs was an example of his poor starting positiion and hesitation.

All above said, I stand by the fact he's a dependable stand-in and wouldn't be too worried if it was an extended run in the team

god help us

As a proven scientist I can confirm that.... GOD DOES NOT EXIST.... Hope it clears that one up....

IF you need to "believe".... Then in Vlad we trust....

Radioactive Mince

Struggling to get too excited about this one. One thread says it's like waiting for Xmas - aye, if you get burgled every year on the 25th. :down:

I think the team posted above has 'humping' written all over it. Don't get me wrong, it's probably the best team we could put out, minus Obua. Obviously would love to be proved wrong.

Season starts next Thursday for me.

I don't think Jamie Mac's pish, he's a decent enough back up. But he's not a number 1 in my eyes.

He doesn't fill me with much confidence, he always seems a bit nervous.

Makes some excellent saves, though.

Chris Benoit

Was it you i was you i was agreeing with very loudly and aggressiviely Jmac in Inverness and everyone thought we were arguing; or was that your brother? Amazing what the booze will do for you! Or me in this case!!:lol:

That would have been me, Kenny thought I'd offered you a square go when I spoke to him at half time :lol:

Chris Benoit

Is it just me who would have Balogh over Jamie Mac?

Nope me too, Balogh's biggest issue is his he looks nervous so makes the support nervous even though he doesn't make too many mistakes

mahgrassyshoes

That would have been me, Kenny thought I'd offered you a square go when I spoke to him at half time :lol:

:facepalm:

What is he like...:rolleyes:

menstrie1874

I agree with this, think he gets to many knocks on the forum. Can remember kello being a bit hit and miss at times before he got a continued run in the team

Is it just me who would have Balogh over Jamie Mac?

It's not just you. I too think he is better than Jamie and not that far behind Kello. Despite that I have a feeling he'll go in the January window and Ridgers recalled.

It's not just you. I too think he is better than Jamie and not that far behind Kello. Despite that I have a feeling he'll go in the January window and Ridgers recalled.

I don't think he's a bad keeper either, but I think that'd maybe be the best decision> If they have hopes for Ridgers, re-signing Janos would be a kick in the chuckies ans a waste of money imo. I guess if someone came in with good money for Kello and Balogh went, we'd be looking short is the only thing.

Not sure on Kello's contract length..???

Has "Gowser" ever played right back for us before? I don't like Jonsson at right back but I think I'd rather have him at right back before somebody who has never played there before?

If doing that then I guess I'd play Mrowiec in there, might actually do that before Jonsson anyway?

Ha ha what a crock of shite I speak!

Delighted to be able to eat spade loads of humble pie, Gowzer was outstanding!

Archived