Ewan Murray dispelling the myth

jamboceej

He just posted on Twitter:

mrewanmurray Ewan Murray

Users of the lazy "Hearts have 60+ players" nonsense should look here http://t.co/ms6Dgmj for SPL first team squad lists....

One of the few decent journalists in this country.

Are you shitting me ?!

Look at the size of Der Hun !!!

Exactly what i thought!

We're probably not even far above average.

Tommy Wiseau

The currants have about every under-19 they have in there. Why is that? :blink:

Just shows how short the vermin are as well. Less players than anyone else (on glances anyway), and lots of them with feck all experience, ability or both. :verysmug:

Me thinks a few teams have given numbers to every signed player they have rather than first team squad members :unsure:

Vlad-Stupid

Hibs must have to pull folk in off the street if they want to have a game of elevens in training

I'm so sorry to come along and beat this drum again but I feel I have to.

Players with squad numbers and the number of players a club has registered are two very very different things. For some clubs they'll happen to be the same thing but that isn't necessarily the case.

We have an enormous amount of players registered to Hearts. Only today Razulis left the club to go on loan TO Kaunas. Did anyone know he'd signed a two year deal with us in January before JJ had even seen him play? Do you know there are others like him?

It is different to 1st team squad, I realise that, but I'd be very surprised if any team in Scotland held more player registrations than we do. That some give more players squad numbers than we do means heehaw really.

When JJ and BB arrived, they were given a list of all our registered players. "Who's this? Who's that?" they asked. "Ah, him, yeh you don't need to worry about him, and we sent that one back too," they were told. "Don't worry, it's my money, you just work with the guys who're in Edinburgh."

It's a weird way to run a club and it's hard for me to get worked up when a journo or two point it out.

I guess the problem is when the faceless cast of a thousand Liths stuff is peddled out (like the big strong physical team line), cos the guys who actually play for us - the 1st team squad; the ones with numbers! - are far far from it. The squad's a bit flabby in places, but that's fairly normal - it's a bit thin in other areas.

We have an enormous amount of players registered to Hearts. Only today Razulis left the club to go on loan TO Kaunas. Did anyone know he'd signed a two year deal with us in January before JJ had even seen him play? Do you know there are others like him?

Who are the others like him?

The Comedian

Speaking of myths, Kilmarnock are busy constructing their own flair myth judging by the pish they've been spouting.

Players with squad numbers and the number of players a club has registered are two very very different things. For some clubs they'll happen to be the same thing but that isn't necessarily the case.

It is different to 1st team squad, I realise that, but I'd be very surprised if any team in Scotland held more player registrations than we do. That some give more players squad numbers than we do means heehaw really.

When JJ and BB arrived, they were given a list of all our registered players. "Who's this? Who's that?" they asked. "Ah, him, yeh you don't need to worry about him, and we sent that one back too," they were told. "Don't worry, it's my money, you just work with the guys who're in Edinburgh."

It's a weird way to run a club and it's hard for me to get worked up when a journo or two point it out.

I guess the problem is when the faceless cast of a thousand Liths stuff is peddled out (like the big strong physical team line), cos the guys who actually play for us - the 1st team squad; the ones with numbers! - are far far from it. The squad's a bit flabby in places, but that's fairly normal - it's a bit thin in other areas.

Do you know this or suspect this? :ninja:

Who are the others like him?

Don't know names mate. JJ doesn't know the names! See my story about th trialist last season which is on the Billy Dodds thread:

"VR sent a trialist over last summer to see if he could play in our midfield. Firstly, on arrival, he claimed he was a winger, not the CM we needed. Then he got injured in his first trial game. JJ told him, "son, you'd be better off heading back to Lithuania, especially with your injury, you aren't going to make it here."

His reply: "But I have signed a 3 year contract!" !!!!"

VR just chucks contracts at people and some of them are pretty wrong. Nothing sinister or underhand, he just gets them signed up and if they work out, great, if not, back they go. His money, do what he wants!!

I just wish we were more focussed on those lads who have squad numbers. But then to be honest, who knows, even without these mystery guys, if that squad would be any different. Probably not.

The problem lies in that there is a mindset that, for example, JJ has been allowed his 4 players and now if he asks for another - the midfielder we need - VR will sign an unknown on a 2 or 3 year deal and send him over. Nothing wrong with that in priniciple, but only if he's good enough and I think JJ should be deciding that before the contract if handed out. And if he isn't good enough, it's JJ's turn to choose someone within a budget. That's an ideal world though and we generally do OK for players out of VR - JJ has especially imo.

Duno. I'm actually rarely critical of VR and I'm not even really being so here. I'm just saying it happens.

Don't know names mate. JJ doesn't know the names! See my story about th trialist last season which is on the Billy Dodds thread:

"VR sent a trialist over last summer to see if he could play in our midfield. Firstly, on arrival, he claimed he was a winger, not the CM we needed. Then he got injured in his first trial game. JJ told him, "son, you'd be better off heading back to Lithuania, especially with your injury, you aren't going to make it here."

His reply: "But I have signed a 3 year contract!" !!!!"

VR just chucks contracts at people and some of them are pretty wrong. Nothing sinister or underhand, he just gets them signed up and if they work out, great, if not, back they go. His money, do what he wants!!

I just wish we were more focussed on those lads who have squad numbers. But then to be honest, who knows, even without these mystery guys, if that squad would be any different. Probably not.

The problem lies in that there is a mindset that, for example, JJ has been allowed his 4 players and now if he asks for another - the midfielder we need - VR will sign an unknown on a 2 or 3 year deal and send him over. Nothing wrong with that in priniciple, but only if he's good enough and I think JJ should be deciding that before the contract if handed out. And if he isn't good enough, it's JJ's turn to choose someone within a budget. That's an ideal world though and we generally do OK for players out of VR - JJ has especially imo.

Duno. I'm actually rarely critical of VR and I'm not even really being so here. I'm just saying it happens.

So are these guys signed directly to Hearts, or are they sent over from Kaunas?

So are these guys signed directly to Hearts, or are they sent over from Kaunas?

Signed to Hearts. I assume loaned (back) to Kaunas.

There's probably less now than there was, but as I say, who knew Razulis was given a 2 year deal at Hearts? He signed it before he'd even been in Edinburgh.

Remember the 2 Portugese lads. They signed deals before their trial and we had to wheel and deal some to get out of it. I didn't really believe them at the time, thought they were chancers, but apparently they were right enough and weren't the only ones! Funny way of doing things. Kinda renders it not a trial!!

As I say, I'm not seething about any of this. It's VR money and our 1st team squad is fine for me (other than missing a blooooomin good midfielder!). And he's been pretty supportive of JJ all in all, so long live.

Rangers have about double everyone elseblink.gif

They will still tell you they are short of players though

Francis Albert

But Dodds wasn't taking about the number of players registered to the club. He was talking about the depth of our first team squad, wasn't he? If not his comment made even less sense than he usually makes.

But Dodds wasn't taking about the number of players registered to the club. He was talking about the depth of our first team squad, wasn't he? If not his comment made even less sense than he usually makes.

Who knows what the wee fud meant. Fact is we have 60odd players at our disposal should JJ choose to use them all!

We're gona need a bigger boat

jambopompey

Who knows what the wee fud meant. Fact is we have 60odd players at our disposal should JJ choose to use them all!

We're gona need a bigger boat

surely we have to register them with the SPL/SFA to be available for match games, if so then their shuold be a proper list

surely we have to register them with the SPL/SFA to be available for match games, if so then their shuold be a proper list

No actually sure how that works. I guess you're right. Being registered to Hearts and being registered to play in the SPL for Hearts may be a different thing!

On a slightly different note, you must be able to register more in emergency. The teams who've listed 24 could conceivable have an injury crisis or follow our disciplinary standards and be short of players in any given week. I guess they can then give a couple of already-registered-with-the-club players a number and use them - a couple of youngsters maybe??

Hibernian

1 Graham Stack

2 Michael Hart

3 Callum Booth

4 Paul Hanlon

5 Sean O'Hanlon

6 Ian Murray (captain)

7 David Wotherspoon

8 Edwin de Graaf

9 Garry O'Connor

11 Danny Galbraith

14 Martin Scott

15 Matt Thornhill

16 Lewis Stevenson

17 Ivan Sproule

19 Victor Palsson

20 David Stephens

21 Calum Antell

23 Akpo Sodje

26 Sean Welsh

27 Lewis Horner

30 Scott Taggart

31 Mark Brown

34 Scott Smith

35 David Crawford

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

laugh.gif

Hibernian

1 Graham Stack

2 Michael Hart

3 Callum Booth

4 Paul Hanlon

5 Sean O'Hanlon

6 Ian Murray (captain)

7 David Wotherspoon

8 Edwin de Graaf

9 Garry O'Connor

11 Danny Galbraith

14 Martin Scott

15 Matt Thornhill

16 Lewis Stevenson

17 Ivan Sproule

19 Victor Palsson

20 David Stephens

21 Calum Antell

23 Akpo Sodje

26 Sean Welsh

27 Lewis Horner

30 Scott Taggart

31 Mark Brown

34 Scott Smith

35 David Crawford

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

They're Donald Ducked, even before injuries and suspension their best 11 is relegation material laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

ROMANOV FAN CLUB

There's probably less now than there was, but as I say, who knew Razulis was given a 2 year deal at Hearts? He signed it before he'd even been in Edinburgh.

I think a lot of these players sign deals with Vlad with the view if your good enough you will go to Hearts and if not play for one of the other clubs

Vlad doesn't see Hearts, FBK Kaunas or FC Partizan Minsk owning the players contract but UBIG own the player

Lets not forget we have had some donkeys but we have had a few descent players through Vlad's subuteo set :)

Archived