Have we finished transfer dealings for the season?

cosanostra

rossthejambo

Gavin Rae - still unattached so we could get him for nothing. Would definatly improve our midfeld

No thanks :down:

Read through all of the various online news sources and the official website and there's no indication whether or not we're done for this transfer window.

As things stand, we're going into this season with injuries to a few of our best players, a gaping hole in the middle of midfield, one recognised left back still no news on Skacel.

Even with our current squad, we should probably have enough to finish 3rd but if we hope to get into the group stages of the Europa League, finish closer to the Old Firm or even make a cup final, we need to sign new players. We've plenty of squad players, we just lack quality.

Has anyone seen any quotes from JJ that might suggest we're still looking to add or are we just going to throw the money from LW into the black hole and make do like we always do?

I think we're a couple of players away from a decent Hearts team but I just can't see us signing anyone else.

Vlad will maybe send over another Kaunas player for JJ to look over :teehee:

Bert Le Clos

mind the game at celtic park when driver latched onto larrys shot and fired it in. I thought Eggert had one of his best games for us at left back, one swallow and all that tho

Jonsson's distribution at right back on his strong side is horrendous. I don't want to think how bad it would be from left back!

He's a centre mid or a centre half. And we need to start playing him consistently in one of those positions or he's going to go backwards.

If we're looking for a reasonably priced LB, I have always been impressed by Tam Scobbie of Falkirk who has also played in CD. We could even throw in Darren Barr to reduce our cost. Another possibility is big Brian Easton who has only made a dozen appearances for Burnley since leaving Accies 2 years ago, although wages might be a problem.

Vlad will maybe send over another Kaunas player for JJ to look over :teehee:

Do you ever have anything to say thats not tired, auld, cliched, hatkicking drivel?

Hawick Jambo

I have a feeling JJ etc knew this was going to ahppen and probably have some sort of contingency plan in place.

Whether they get any of the money or not is an interesting topic.

Wasn't it someone on here who said we had to seell at least 1 player for at least a million ? each season to keep the momentum going with regard to the finances of the club.

Like others have said, I'd like a midfielder like Fulton, and perhaps another left back depending on what the youngsters who play in that position are like / ready ?

Jonsson has gone backwards he was awful last season

He was part of the defence when we kept our record number of clean sheets. Can't have been that bad.

winston churchill

Still waiting on wee vlads customary picks/gifts for this season ;).

Centre back and box to box midfielder please.

Do you ever have anything to say thats not tired, auld, cliched, hatkicking drivel?

You mean a bit like you?

I think full back cover should be our top priority. Another centre midfielder would be good too, but at least we already have some players for that position (whether they're any good or not is another debate!).

We just don't have enough cover at FB if Hammill/Grainger get injured or suspended. Does anyone who's familiar with the U-19s think that someone there may be ready to step up?

We need another centre half, centre midfielder and left/right back, easily.

We could maybe do with another forward, maybe.

Hamill looks like he'll be first choice at RB, but when he's not available, we're left with Jonsson. And he certainly doesn't have the pace required to be a full back. I'm still a bit surprised that we let JT go, as he was decent enough cover.

Grainger will be our first choice left back, but who are we left with when he's unavailable? Jonsson again? No thanks.

I reckon Stevenson might be that box to box we need, but JJ doesn't seem to fancy him there. In such case, I think we do need a regular player of that mould. We also need a level headed midfielder who can take the pressure off the younger players like Holt when they feature.

We could maybe do with another forward to keep Elliott on his toes, as I think Sutton was brought in to partner two T's instead of replace him. We have no idea if Smith can step up and I don't think Glen or Clum should be anywhere near our starting line up.

We have a big squad of players as it is with more than enough ability to finish third. No need to panic.

Mad Dog Frazer

I'd take Bruno back.Won't happen though.I think we wanted Flynn ut again went down south for more money.

Don't want Ruben back though :down:

Bruno has said on his facebook page numerous times that he'd love to come back to the JT's :thumbsup:

Arthur Morgan

Bruno has said on his facebook page numerous times that he'd love to come back to the JT's :thumbsup:

Quotes or it didn't happen... :whistling:

Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Vlad brings in some players no ones heard of. And then we can all watch kickback go mental as people rush to say they're pish even though no ones seen the players perform. I'm especialy looking forward to that part. I'll be almost disappointed if it doesn't happen.

really think hearts should sign davidson from st johnstone, use 500k from the wallace deal :P although i hope this would happen cant see it :(

never a hatkicker chum, you're shitey wee comments are well, shitey.

I bet you are a weedy wee guy with glasses that got bulied at school.

Teuchterjambo

Having looked at all the potential line ups for tomorrow on other threads I'm afrid that whichever way you look at it the squad is setting up with all the same frailities as it had last season.

Back 4

One suspension and we cannot put out a back four without someone playing out of position .

Any injury to a central defender and we have either players playing out of position or untried replacements.

Absolutely zero cover at left back - at least last season Palzeulos filled in reasonably well.

Midfield

Cannot see how it can be any more effective than last season unless Taouil shapes up better than most expect. There is no other change from last season and Skacel's situation is starting to give out bad vibes so maybe add in a loss of his goal threat. Where is the improvement comimg from ?

Up Front

Same old same old Sutton for Kyle and they are really not a straight match for each other so no guarantees that it will strengthen but I think Sutton is a good player but we won't get the best out of him playing a Kyle role.

OK - - When Kyle and Driver get fit that will be a bonus but no guarantees.

We really need to strengthen in several areas but I wouldn't bet on funds becoming available. There is a need to use some of the Wallace money to reduce debt but whether JJ gets even a portion I think is highly doubtful.

Hope I'm wrong, really do but......

I bet you are a weedy wee guy with glasses that got bulied at school.

whats that got to do with your shite chatter?

I think we will sign another two players, no transfer fees and not big wages, jj must have known Lee Wallace would be away. We need to remember we played most of last season without a left or right back. A question for all the fans that were against selling Lee Wallace to the Huns, if the 1.5 million means we could offer skacel a contract is it really that bad?

Archived