Have we finished transfer dealings for the season?

cosanostra

Read through all of the various online news sources and the official website and there's no indication whether or not we're done for this transfer window.

As things stand, we're going into this season with injuries to a few of our best players, a gaping hole in the middle of midfield, one recognised left back still no news on Skacel.

Even with our current squad, we should probably have enough to finish 3rd but if we hope to get into the group stages of the Europa League, finish closer to the Old Firm or even make a cup final, we need to sign new players. We've plenty of squad players, we just lack quality.

Has anyone seen any quotes from JJ that might suggest we're still looking to add or are we just going to throw the money from LW into the black hole and make do like we always do?

I think we're a couple of players away from a decent Hearts team but I just can't see us signing anyone else.

peebles jambo

after selling wallace, are we back to the same as last season, one left back (grainger),with a.n.other playing, if grainger gets injured

Radioactive Mince

I seriously hope not but fear that's it.

We need cover for both full backs, cover at centre half and still the elusive midfield general. If Suso's going that's another who we'll struggle to replace.

What started out a very encouraging pre-season has all got a bit depressing IMO.

A couple of new players and re-sign Rudi to lift this gloom, please Hearts.

heartsfc_fan

Goalkeeping and Striking depts are fine IMO.

Kyle and Driver will be like new signings for us remember.

We desperately need a defender who can play left back (and even fill in at centre back when required).

And we also need a midfield play maker. If we manage to sign up Skacel, then great, but I think we need someone else.

Goalkeeping and Striking depts are fine IMO.

Kyle and Driver will be like new signings for us remember.

We desperately need a defender who can play left back (and even fill in at centre back when required).

And we also need a midfield play maker. If we manage to sign up Skacel, then great, but I think we need someone else.

cammmm aaaannnn

KirkBroadfootReDavidMoir2.jpg

Sexton Hardcastle

There must be some decent loan players available.

Thats something we never seem to opt for which is strange. Other teams in the SPL have done well out of them so why not go down that road.

**Does not include LITHS

We need cover for both full backs, cover at centre half and still the elusive midfield general. If Suso's going that's another who we'll struggle to replace.

What started out a very encouraging pre-season has all got a bit depressing IMO.

you need to rethink your life mate if the ebb and flow of depression is based on your footballing team.

I'm not bothered about another centre half. We have Zal, Eggert, Webster, Barr, McGowan and even Mrowiec who's played there reasonably well in the past.

Cover or competition for left back would be sensible but our lack of quality in central midfield is a horrendous handicap to start a season with.

The frustrating thing is that we're so close to having a decent and well balanced squad, it's just that the area we're lacking in is so pivotal to our potential to perform. We can plug gaps in practically any position on the park but without a midfield playmaker there's only so much we can do.

I'm not bothered about another centre half. We have Zal, Eggert, Webster, Barr, McGowan and even Mrowiec who's played there reasonably well in the past.

Cover or competition for left back would be sensible but our lack of quality in central midfield is a horrendous handicap to start a season with.

The frustrating thing is that we're so close to having a decent and well balanced squad, it's just that the area we're lacking in is so pivotal to our potential to perform. We can plug gaps in practically any position on the park but without a midfield playmaker there's only so much we can do.

_45589050_ruben.jpg

quite a handy picure this

heartsfc_fan

_45589050_ruben.jpg

I'd take both of them back!

_45589050_ruben.jpg

Wish we still had Bruno.

He'd be absolutely perfect for us right now.

John Fleck............

I really don't rate him.

I've yet to see him play a decent game at SPL level.

Only the tabloid press seem to talk him up. Even my hun mates say he's been a massive flop.

Wish we still had Bruno.

He'd be absolutely perfect for us right now.

Agreed! He is exactly what we need.

The Treasurer

Talk about over-reaction.

We've lost one player who, although a very good player, hardly featured last season.

Hardly reason to run the wilkinsons sword across your wrists is it

i think the following quote from JJ yesterday should sufficiently answer the OP

We knew there was a chance we could lose Lee so we got Danny Grainger in and we have cover in that position

if jefferies thinks we have cover at left back (or is telling us that) he must be resigned to not signing anyone else

we've lost 3.5 defenders in wallace, bouzid, peado and ruben. and signed 1.5 defenders in grainger and hammill (hamill and ruben count as 0.5 defenders in my calculations as they are midfield players who can fill in there)

i'd like to see us go for richard foster, although i suspect his valuation will be bloated as a result of him getting the captaincy at the sheep and his loan spell at rangers.

alternatively i'd happily see us sign kirk broadfoot. not seen him play many bad games for rangers and if he could stay fit, covers the entire back line.

I'd personally like us to sign Manuel Pascali from Kilmarnock. Just been made captain though so not sure if he'd want to come.

Broadfoot would be a decent signing as would kari and bruno. Still think that we could get a playmaking midfielder on loan. Plenty of them down south. I realise that people think that getting players on loan might hold up the progression of a youngster, but if we don't have a youngster that can play that position then I don't see a problem in trying to get one on loan. As I said before in another thread, Liverpool must have a few midfielders that they might be willing to loan considering they've almost bought a whole new Midfield.

rudi must stay

Id be fine if that was our transfer activity done. We brought in the four early to let them settle in. Which is maybe the right thing to do rather than bringing in someone for the sake of it and hoping he settles in.

We could actually do worse than Broadfoot. I know it's not cool to admit it but he's a dependable player in the SPL and he's done well at international level when called upon.

The 400k or 500k or whatever it would cost to get him would be better spend on a midfielder though.

Id be fine if that was our transfer activity done. We brought in the four early to let them settle in. Which is maybe the right thing to do rather than bringing in someone for the sake of it and hoping he settles in.

What do you mean by "bringing someone in for the sake of it"?

Are you happy kicking off the season with Mrowiec and Black in midfield? Don't you think that we really need someone better in there?

The Treasurer

maybe all he can afford is plastic bic, further demorilization

Oh no, I hadn't thought of that.

I hope my highlighting that fact hasn't tipped him over the edge :o

Radioactive Mince

Talk about over-reaction.

We've lost one player who, although a very good player, hardly featured last season.

Hardly reason to run the wilkinsons sword across your wrists is it

Seems you've overreacted more than me, to be fair.

"... a bit depressing... "

Yes, that's right The Treasurer, I'm suicidal. Honestly.

It's quite strange.... we seem to go through seasons seriously lacking in one department when all the others are fine....

We really could do with some quality in the middle of the park.

rossthejambo

_45589008_karipidis.jpg

Spend the whole ?1.5 million getting him back please Mr Romanov. Our midfield would be infinitely better with him in the middle instead of Mrowiec.

On a more realistic note, Gavin Gunning (LB who was on loan at Mothwerwell last season) is available on a freebie, we could do a lot worse than bring him in as competition for Grainger.

Radioactive Mince

you need to rethink your life mate if the ebb and flow of depression is based on your footballing team.

Thanks for your concern.

:Vlad-Stupid:

Spend the whole ?1.5 million getting him back please Mr Romanov. Our midfield would be infinitely better with him in the middle instead of Mrowiec.

On a more realistic note, Gavin Gunning (LB who was on loan at Mothwerwell last season) is available on a freebie, we could do a lot worse than bring him in as competition for Grainger.

Excellent shout.

Get him and Bruno back and we've have a seriously good squad.

We could actually do worse than Broadfoot. I know it's not cool to admit it but he's a dependable player in the SPL and he's done well at international level when called upon.

The 400k or 500k or whatever it would cost to get him would be better spend on a midfielder though.

If we brought in Clubfoot then we could play Hammil in midfield which would go some way towards easing the problem. I think he and Black would do OK.

I think we missed a big opportunity with the two boys from United. Vlad should have paid the agent and then given him the old ricin umbrella treatment.

Considering we have 2 on trail (striker and young defender) then even if they don't sign shows we are still looking. So I'm gonna say no we ain't done yet.

This!

Make it happen, JJ!

We would be rocking if that were to happen. Would get the Vlad statue campaign back on the rails IMO.

Radioactive Mince

Oh no, I hadn't thought of that.

I hope my highlighting that fact hasn't tipped him over the edge :o

You wish.

Look at you both - Joking about self-harm and suicide.

Nice one, lads.

If we brought in Clubfoot then we could play Hammil in midfield which would go some way towards easing the problem. I think he and Black would do OK.

I think we missed a big opportunity with the two boys from United. Vlad should have paid the agent and then given him the old ricin umbrella treatment.

Either of the United guys would have been superb signings but they went to the championship for probably double what we could pay for them. Maybe even more. There's not a whole lot we could have done about that. They seemed to want to take their time and see what offers came in and then take their pick. If we had a scouting network, someone from one of the Scandinavian, Czech or Polish leagues that could be picked up for say 500k and then keep the other 1m for debt relief would be ideal.

Radioactive Mince

maybe all he can afford is plastic bic, further demorilization

I'm alright for cash, mate.

Thanks for your concern.

It's "demoralisation" (in British English) by the way.

:Vlad-Stupid:

You wish.

Look at you both - Joking about self-harm and suicide.

Nice one, lads.

If I didnt joke about FTH id end up doin myself in :(

Are you happy kicking off the season with Mrowiec and Black in midfield? Don't you think that we really need someone better in there?

A pairing which worked very well until we lost Kyle...could be a lot worse imo

jamboinglasgow

I really don't rate him.

I've yet to see him play a decent game at SPL level.

Only the tabloid press seem to talk him up. Even my hun mates say he's been a massive flop.

Personally I think there is still a very good player in him, but Rangers have been awful at developing him. First he is used as a pawn by Murray in a game of pulling the wool over the Rangers fans eyes (which involved getting the press to overhype him) so it meant we was always going to fall and feel big headed. Then he gets played mainly on the left wing which is not the kind of player he is (he is best just behind a main striker) because Walter Smith failed to have a left winger (see Charlie Adam for similar issue at Rangers.)

Bert Le Clos

We need; centre mid, left back, centre half. In that order.

The ?1.5m from the Wallace deal is easily more than enough to sign all 3.

If we don't bring in any of these the Ruben haters will be eating there words at some point next season when we line up with Eggert at left back and Mrowiec in midfield. Not saying either Eggert or Mrowiec are horrendous players, but Ruben was far more capable of covering left back and centre mid.

If we were to bring back Karapidis, Bruno and Ruben I'd totally be like splash.gif

mind the game at celtic park when driver latched onto larrys shot and fired it in. I thought Eggert had one of his best games for us at left back, one swallow and all that tho

Might sound negative - but if Hearts want to put some of the Wallace transfer money to good use they'd hire someone capable of doing some "amazing PR" and get the club back into a positive light after the Thomson stuff.

Arthur Morgan

Considering we have 2 on trail (striker and young defender) then even if they don't sign shows we are still looking. So I'm gonna say no we ain't done yet.

I really hope you're right.

rudi must stay

Dave Mackay - solid left-back who we could get on the cheap

Gavin Rae - still unattached so we could get him for nothing. Would definatly improve our midfeld

I'd take Bruno back.Won't happen though.I think we wanted Flynn ut again went down south for more money.

Don't want Ruben back though :down:

Mihael Kovacevic is another i would like to sign. Good standard of player who can play Right Back or Cente Half, only 23 years old and has Under 21 Caps for Switzerland and Croatia. Free agent as well.

rudi must stay

to appease the fans, who are unhappy Wallace has been sold.

Archived