Should we make a bid for Murray Davidson?

Jambothroughandthrough

Jambothroughandthrough

not so sure about that one but i'll be gutted if jj doesn't bring in a quality centre mid ala hartley,aguair,mickey cameron type, we are crying out for such a player and surely now we are in a reasonable position to move for one.............

It would be great. The missing piece to the jigsaw.

A quality central midfielder costs money though and that won't go down well with some on here.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jambothroughandthrough

You are trying to troll someone with expertise in that area, subtetly is the magic ingredient, chief. thumbsup.gif

You got me.

Thanks for the tip though :thumbsup:

Who can I reel in now :D

hes not that big a loss - after all we lived without him for a good part of the season

well done vlad, take the cash but plz give jj some to spend

He is a huge loss. Just because we had a good side and a good spell of league form without him doesn't mean he won't be missed.

The only thing that would cheer me up is jj getting cash to spend on a centre mid.

A quality central midfielder costs money though and that won't go down well with some on here.

thats fair comment m8 and if i remember correctly we did bid 350k ish for bryson so its not totally out of the equation that some funds could be released. i would be more than happy if ?1 mill was banked and the rest given to jj but who knows?

scott_jambo

I disagreed with the Bryson ?500,000 bid that Vlad sanctioned on JJ's recommendation.

Although I have to say, it is great to see our financial kingpin backing his manager, unlike another Edinburgh team though isn't it? :smuggy:

The Old Tolbooth

I'd love to see us make a move for Davidson. He's a big strong central midfielder and would make a huge difference. I might be living in fantasy land and it might be way beyond us......but if it's true Rangers have had ?200,000 bid turned down and not the reported half million to begin with....I'd like to think we could make a bid of half a million for a player that has the potential to be very good.

We can hope......

I can see what you're saying, but can you see Vlad gambling half a million quid hoping that he gets a return which is far greater? I can't to be honest, if I was in Vlad's shoes I'd be telling JJ to play Holt and Robinson to get their values up and get them sold on for a decent profit to reduce the club debt, after all these guys cost us nothing and came through the academy, which is/was the whole point of the academy in the first place and I just think it kinda defeats the purpose of the academy a bit when you nurture young talent and then spend half a million quid to freeze them out, if that makes sense.

How many question marks it that, ewan?

Proving again that you are a disc jockey but definitely not a football journalist.

I think most people would be content if we used some of the money from the Wallace transfer to sign Palazeulos back as cover for left back and midfield, since he is still a free agent. Not spend ?750,000 on Murray feckin Davidson, or any individual player for that matter.

well put lets try and get a wee middle of the park dynamo/bully type -- rudi is to hot and cold for me he needs a bit more commitment

Jambothroughandthrough

How many question marks it that, ewan?

Proving again that you are a disc jockey but definitely not a football journalist.

I think most people would be content if we used some of the money from the Wallace transfer to sign Palazeulos back as cover for left back and midfield, since he is still a free agent. Not spend ?750,000 on Murray feckin Davidson, or any individual player for that matter.

As for your "champions league" comment. Why am I still conversing with you?

I'm a football fan. Nothing more or nothing less.

I only said ?750,000 because of the reported bid made by Rangers. Thought it would great if we did that even though I knew it wouldn't happen.

And my Champions League comment was my biggest worm and you bit :thumbsup:

Jambothroughandthrough

I can see what you're saying, but can you see Vlad gambling half a million quid hoping that he gets a return which is far greater? I can't to be honest, if I was in Vlad's shoes I'd be telling JJ to play Holt and Robinson to get their values up and get them sold on for a decent profit to reduce the club debt, after all these guys cost us nothing and came through the academy, which is/was the whole point of the academy in the first place and I just think it kinda defeats the purpose of the academy a bit when you nurture young talent and then spend half a million quid to freeze them out, if that makes sense.

I see your point. However, Davidson has been there and done it already in the SPL and been called up to TWO full international squads. Surely the bigger risk is to throw Holt and Robinson in at the deep end and hope for the best?

fabienleclerq

Hearts wont pay a fee for anyone, if we sign someone it will be a loan or on a free.

Bids of 500k/750k are you serious?On murray davidson!!

Celtic got commons for like 300k so why would anyone spunk twice that on davidson? :lol:

Jambothroughandthrough

well put lets try and get a wee middle of the park dynamo/bully type -- rudi is to hot and cold for me he needs a bit more commitment

I think Rudi could do a job for us a left back in an emrgency. I remember seeing him play in that position for Southampton. Would love to see him signed up but I agree that he needs to show a bit more commitment

scott_jambo

I'm a football fan. Nothing more or nothing less.

I only said ?750,000 because of the reported bid made by Rangers. Thought it would great if we did that even though I knew it wouldn't happen.

And my Champions League comment was my biggest worm and you bit :thumbsup:

A football fan you say? :cornette:

That's funny because I am a Hearts fan. :verysmug:

Jambothroughandthrough

Hearts wont pay a fee for anyone, if we sign someone it will be a loan or on a free.

Bids of 500k/750k are you serious?On murray davidson!!

Celtic got commons for like 300k so why would anyone spunk twice that on davidson? :lol:

Bursaspor got Miller for ?400, 0000. How did that happen?

Let me educate you......

Commons and Miller were in the last 6 months of their contract and the clubs either cashed in and got what they could or the clubs got hee haw in the summer.

:thumbsup:

scott_jambo

Let me educate you......

Commons and Miller were in the last 6 months of their contract and the clubs either cashed in and got what they could or the clubs got hee haw in the summer.

Does this remind you of a similar situation quite recently. :facepalm:

You couldn't make it up. laugh.gif

Chris Benoit

Yes and that includes big wages. We've just started trying to get our wage bill at a sustainable level to try and comply with the UEFA Financial Requirements and you want us to start throwing money about.

It would be great if we could go out and spend a million on someone top quality but it isn't going to happen and to be perfectly honest I'd much rather see us bring on one of the youngsters, see him progress and sell him on, like what has happened with Lee Wallace, protecting our future financially so we don't have to depend on Vlad digging into his pockets and stop folk like you moaning when he doesn't do it every time you click your fingers.

I think Rudi could do a job for us a left back in an emrgency. I remember seeing him play in that position for Southampton. Would love to see him signed up but I agree that he needs to show a bit more commitment

so you think paying good wages for someone to play in an emergancy is good buisiness ? theres some good young guys in lower leagues that would kill for the chance to shine in our team for smaller wages than rudi wouldi

Let me educate you......

Yes but if those sort of deals are kicking about why pay money for Davidson who may bring plenty of strength and energy to the team but is found wanting in the ability department

If we were going to pay in excess of ?500k on a player sure as feck there is nobody in the SPL who we could get for that money that I'd want in the Hearts team, we could get players on the continent who would cost less and offer more

Jambothroughandthrough

A football fan you say? :cornette:

That's funny because I am a Hearts fan. :verysmug:

You made reference to my job as a football phone in presenter and I was saying that....in regards to what my job was.....I was a football fan...... Nothing more nothing less. I wasn't biased one way or the other and called it as I saw it.

Tommy Wiseau

You got me.

Thanks for the tip though :thumbsup:

Who can I reel in now :D

Trolling is against board rules. Reported. :down:

Jambothroughandthrough

so you think paying good wages for someone to play in an emergancy is good buisiness ? theres some good young guys in lower leagues that would kill for the chance to shine in our team for smaller wages than rudi wouldi

Never said that.

I'm saying that when needs must he can go back there and play that position just like Ruben.

He'd be in my starting 11

Jambothroughandthrough

Trolling is against board rules. Reported. :down:

Doesn't get it :rolleyes:

scott_jambo

You made reference to my job as a football phone in presenter and I was saying that....in regards to what my job was.....I was a football fan...... Nothing more nothing less. I wasn't biased one way or the other and called it as I saw it.

pike.jpg

The Old Tolbooth

I see your point. However, Davidson has been there and done it already in the SPL and been called up to TWO full international squads. Surely the bigger risk is to throw Holt and Robinson in at the deep end and hope for the best?

If we don't make a midfield signing then that's exactly what I would do, because of what I've seen of them both so far they've got a lot more to offer than Mrowiec or Obua in the middle of the park, but you just know that JJ will side with the latter even though they are completely hopeless. I really fear for us if we don't sort out our midfield this season :1092:

Jambothroughandthrough

Further proof that wee rat of the radio is a badword cretin.

How the **** you get a wage is beyond me.

This is easy.

:lol:

Chris Benoit

Does this remind you of a similar situation quite recently. :facepalm:

You couldn't make it up. laugh.gif

It's unreal the crap the guy spouts Scott

:facepalm:

and the pun was intended :smuggy:

fabienleclerq

Let me educate you......

Thanks for the lesson football fan.

Let me educate you.....

Hearts will be looking to find players that are out of contract(no fee its cheaper). :thumbsup:

We could also follow bursa and celtics lead and go for players with 6 months on their contracts and pay, you know less. :thumbsup:

Hearts fan? ;)

Tommy Wiseau

Doesn't get it :rolleyes:

No.

I don't think you get it. Condolences.

Unlucky san, maybe next time eh? :smuggy:

Jambothroughandthrough

Thanks for the lesson football fan.

Let me educate you.....

Hearts will be looking to find players that are out of contract(no fee its cheaper). :thumbsup:

We could also follow bursa and celtics lead and go for players with 6 months on their contracts and pay, you know less. :thumbsup:

Hearts fan? ;)

You missed out 2 smileys

Tommy Wiseau

This is easy.

:lol:

Trolling is against board rules. Reported.

:smuggy:

Jambothroughandthrough

and one or two folk were giving him credence.

:vrface:

You forgot what you posted earlier?

You can't help yourself. I knew you'd be back :thumbsup:

Chris Benoit

and one or two folk were giving him credence.

:vrface:

Not at all, I wouldn't give the guy the reek off my shit.

Merely showing him up as the imbecile he is by countering his piss poor trolling attempts with reasoned arguments which he hasn't bothered replying to as he obviously can't.

How long until he tells me I don't get it or claims he's 'hooked' me?

Jambothroughandthrough

Belting comeback mate.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You made up for it there.

You like your smileys.

Jambothroughandthrough

Merely showing him up as the imbecile he is by countering his piss poor trolling attempts with reasoned arguments which he hasn't bothered replying to as he obviously can't.

When did I use the word 'hooked'?

Show me. Thanks

i certainly wasn't referring to you. he was given some sympathy for the supposedly unhelpful pouncing on him. i think history tells us that he deserves nothing but contempt.

If Hearts have any players who don't like mince n tatties, I want them weeded out and fast. Hopefully it was Wallace and that's why he's been punted west.

Guid thread by the way.

Tommy Wiseau

Show me. Thanks

Right here:

Right there.

Finder's fee please.

Chris Benoit

Show me. Thanks

Apologies it was 'reeled'. Knew it was some pathetic fishing pun you used.

The question is what were you going to say when you quoted me before you saw the white text?

Chris Benoit

i certainly wasn't referring to you. he was given some sympathy for the supposedly unhelpful pouncing on him. i think history tells us that he deserves nothing but contempt.

Apologies, agree wholeheartedly :thumbsup:

Jambothroughandthrough

It really is cringeworthy.

The reaction from some on here whenever I post anything is highly predictable. Don't get me wrong I find it very funny and enjoy it very much.

First I come on here to read fans views on the big talking points and I contribute to many of the debates but the usual suspects can't help themselves and go on about what I did on the phone in etc etc etc etc. Some then doubt I'm a Hearts fan etc etc etc etc.

Jambothroughandthrough

If Hearts have any players who don't like mince n tatties, I want them weeded out and fast. Hopefully it was Wallace and that's why he's been punted west.

Guid thread by the way.

How did I not know that? haha

Archived