Hearts accept bid for Lee Wallace

Ryan Gosling

rossthejambo

:(

Disappointing if true, thought he would have had a bit more ambition than to play for that shower.

Regular John

Brilliant deal if true considering it's his last year of his contract.

Granger's looked alright to me so not too fussed.

Isaac Clarke

I guess Wallace didn't want to sign a new contract which forced Hearts hand to deal him now. :down:

Selling to the Old Firm is never a "brilliant deal"

Selling our best player to the old firm is anything but "brilliant"

heartsfc_fan

Grainger doesn't look too bad, but no way as good as Wallace.

?1.5 M is a good bit of business, but it ******* annoys me that it's to Rangers :down::down::down:

I agree that Grainger looks pretty good! I am happy for him to be Wallace's replacement

but... ANYONE but Rangers! FFS!

What happened to Wolves? Surely ?1.5m is easy enough for them to afford a Scottish international player who has the ability to become one of the best LBs in the EPL

Good business IMO. well done Vlad :thumbsup:

How is weakening our squad and strengthening our rivals good business?

Remnants of Standards

Nightmare. So much for Vlad not taking the Old Firm dollar.

Seriously thought it would have been a better move for the player and us if he'd gone south.

Say What Again

Nightmare but better than him going to them in January.

I'd rather we'd have kept Lee, but on the face of it, ?1.5m for a player in the last year of his contract is good business.

Here's hoping he gets over all his injury woes (right at the end of his Rangers contract) :whistling:

jamboinglasgow

Not pleased, he's our best player. Why Rangers? Scottish footballers have no ambition at all.

Exactly, Craig Gordon said best when he described a move to the old firm as a sideways move. I wish a curse on the houses of the old firm.

Charlie-Brown

Better than nowt but Lee Wallace goes down in my estimation if he goes through there.

Well at least all the speculation is now over. Pretty good deal for a player in the last year of his contract and who obviously did not want to sign another contract with us. I hope that some of the money saved on his wages is going to go on finding a creative midfield player.

I'd rather we'd have kept Lee, but on the face of it, ?1.5m for a player in the last year of his contract is good business.

Here's hoping he gets over all his injury woes (right at the end of his Rangers contract) :whistling:

Good business for who exactly? Will the money go into buying a top class replacement?

I accept Wallace wanted to go to the huns and that he's 12 months left of his deal but selling the old firm under any circumstances is never good business. Nevermind our best player.

Fair enough bit of business and I never expected him to go down south. He's a bit of a homebody who likes his mates too much.......................wonder when he will move to China :whistling:

Vlad-Stupid

How is weakening our squad and strengthening our rivals good business?

He played 9 league games for last year. I forgot he even played for us. He doesnt want to stay, would you rather he signed for free in Jan?blink.gif

Hopefully JJ will see some of this, considering we bid ?? for bryson last year but haven't bought anyone since.

He played 9 league games for last year. I forgot he even played for us. He doesnt want to stay, would you rather he signed for free in Jan?blink.gif

Yes.

It's Vlads money anyway, I would rather he left for free to some other side next summer (not january) or for a smaller fee now to anywhere except the old firm.

Back of the Bus

I agree that Grainger looks pretty good! I am happy for him to be Wallace's replacement

What happened to Wolves? Surely ?1.5m is easy enough for them to afford a Scottish international player who has the ability to become one of the best LBs in the EPL

My thinking exactly.

A horror show move at best.

heartsfc_fan

If we sell Wallace, let's hope Skacel is signed up and we bring in another defender. I'd be reasonably happy for the start of the season then.

Arnold Rothstein

He's decent but sorry absolutely no chance.

Remnants of Standards

Hehe, the orcs squealing about paying 1.5m??

How times change.

Get it up front vlad, no easy instalments.

From what i seen at Livingston last saturday im glad he"s going. Quite clearly didnt want to be there and was merely going through the motions. I look Forward to wee Temps Ripping the piss out him on saturday! 1.5 million is a great piece of business by Vlad and from what i have seen of Grainger he"ll be an able replacement!!!

Harry Palmer

Have there been any other bids? :unsure:

Maybe Wallace wants to sign for them and only them.

Pete Seeger

That's a pretty unambitious move for one of the best players in the country. Still, It's decent money considering he's in his last year.

Sheiky Baby

If true I'd like to confirm in advance that Lee Wallace is a complete ~~~~~ for going there

:Vlad-Stupid:

Vlad-Stupid

Yes.

It's Vlads money anyway, I would rather he left for free to some other side next summer (not january) or for a smaller fee now to anywhere except the old firm.

He would have just went to Rangers for free. I'm Happier Vlad cashed in. Also happy that Rangers have used a chunk of their kitty buying an injury crockthumbsup.gif

Gutting.

Wallace is a terrific player but in the circumstances ?1.5m is a good price given his contract situation.

Still very disappointing though, his contract should never have been allowed to run so low to put us in this position.

bean counter

?1.5 M is a good bit of business, but it ******* annoys me that it's to Rangers

Sums it up for me.

He wanted a move just disappointed he's gone along the M8. We should do the deal after Saturday

Archived