Bursaspor tell Rangers where to go!

Walter Bishop

i love the way this is being reported in the scottish press.

The Daily Ranger were quoted a couple of days ago saying that the huns were ending their interest in Goodwillie due to "the technicalities of the deal"

Yesterday the back page headline was that "Coisty" was about to "get tough" with Cuellar and was ready to "pull the plug on the deal in 24 hours" unless terms were agreed.

Nothing about Rangers not being able to afford the asking price for Goodwillie or Cuellar's wages - they're just trying to create scapegoats for the gullible huns to have a go at instead of aiming their gripes at Whyte.

Some of these papers are no more than Rangers fanzines.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

The Daily Ranger were quoted a couple of days ago saying that the huns were ending their interest in Goodwillie due to "the technicalities of the deal"

Yesterday the back page headline was that "Coisty" was about to "get tough" with Cuellar and was ready to "pull the plug on the deal in 24 hours" unless terms were agreed.

Nothing about Rangers not being able to afford the asking price for Goodwillie or Cuellar's wages - they're just trying to create scapegoats for the gullible huns to have a go at instead of aiming their gripes at Whyte.Some of these papers are no more than Rangers fanzines.

And it's working - I've already had a Hun mate telling me they no longer want Goodwillie as he's cup-tied in Europe! That's the reason they won't be signing him! :lol:

And it's working - I've already had a Hun mate telling me they no longer want Goodwillie as he's cup-tied in Europe! That's the reason they won't be signing him! :lol:

To be fair, its hardly rocket science confusing a Rangers fan.

They have some of the thickest followers I've ever met in my life.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

"Coisty" must be delighted with the way "Smudger" and Craig 'Mitty' Whyte are dealing with recruitment so far.

Hope "Coisty" is a ******* failure as boss. :D

Rocky jamboa

This actually had me in fits!! :D

Ha ha. I thought it was hilarious as well!!

Rangers are being made to look a complete laughing stock with transfers this summer. They think they can bully clubs into selling their players, that clubs will be desperate for the cash and the players will kick up a stink to get the move but they aren't. Rangers maybe used to be a big move but not any more with the money in the championship. Players can go down there for more cash and into a better, more competative league.

The Bursapor chairman summed Rangers up perfectly. I can see Rangers starting to pay over the odds for players as Whyte will be so desperate to stick to his word, bring players in and get the fans on his side.

The Comedian

A few of the hordes getting wise to Whyte now if the radio tonight is anything to go by.

jamboinglasgow

of course, that is it. Its not like last season they spent ?4m, the most they spent on a single player since January 2005, on a striker who could not play in the Champions league or Europa League all season.

Got to laugh at Gordon Smith's quote, its like a guy who really fancies a girl, and she shows a bit of interest in him so he deicdes to pretend to play it cool with the "well, I guess if you really want to be with me then you have to make it worthwhile for me." Rangers have just looked unproffesional in this transfer window, offering well below the asking price at a price which is just insulting to the selling club. Craig Whyte has made himself as a fool, trying to make out that he will personally finish deals and they are not finished.

Something I find funny is Rangers when they miss out on player as he goes down south or somewhere else speak like the rest of us should cry tears for them as it is "bad for Scottish football" that Rangers missed out on a player. Ok you want the best players in SPL but I wont be sad at Rangers missing out on players who could improve them and mean they strengthen their position.

BBC - Rangers director of football Gordon Smith confirmed they now consider themselves out of the running for Kenny Miller

BBC - Rangers director of nothing Gordon Smith confirmed they now consider themselves out of the running for Kenny Miller

Changed that for you.

Changed that for you.

He seems to have 100% success rate at failing to sign any playersthumbsup.gif

jamboinglasgow

BBC - Rangers director of football Gordon Smith confirmed they now consider themselves out of the running for Kenny Miller

its a complete joke that they thought Bursa should sell Kenny Miller back for the exact amount they bought him for. Though a Rangers friend of mine had the same view as Rangers "well we let them have him, they should let us have him back for as much as we got." Someone should explain to Rangers fans the difference between a player who has 5 months left on his contract and 18 months.

ROMANOV FAN CLUB

?15 million to spend and still playing games surely Ally should save his self-respect and walk away :lol:

I seen earlier they were lineing up a ?1.5 million offer for Anderlecht defender Roland Juhasz you just know that Anderlecht will value the player around ?3 or 4 million :lol: :lol:

jamboinglasgow

?15 million to spend and still playing games surely Ally should save his self-respect and walk away :lol:

I seen earlier they were lineing up a ?1.5 million offer for Anderlecht defender Roland Juhasz you just know that Anderlecht will value the player around ?3 or 4 million :lol: :lol:

If they do have ?5m, ?10m or whatever Whyte said they spend then his biggest mistake was to announce to the world that was how much he had to spend. As you say, Rangers come to club a) and offer them ?1m for their player, club a will know Rangers said they had ?10m to spend and feel that Rangers can afford to pay more, so will bump up the price. Or agents will be rubbing their hands as they know there are signing on fees avaliable at Rangers so will go for big money deals, pushing wages up etc. It could end up with Rangers going into the same cycle as before if they cave in.

Look at Man City, they are already having to pay big fees after being taken over (and they have complained before about this where they say when they start talking to clubs the club put the price up) but Whyte wanted the fans so has made lavish promises, the worst thing a new owner can do.

Archived