New phones

jack D and coke

jack D and coke

Just before people start another weekly phone thread I'd just like to tell anyone looking for a phone the Samsung Galaxy S2 is the best phone I've ever used. I've got an iPhone 4 but IMO it's much much better. Messed around with Blackberry's and HTC's and never bothered much about them but the S2 is a thing of beauty.

Away man, you been drinking??? :teehee:

Anybody who slates the iPhone is somebody who has made the mistake of not getting one and they're trying to make themselves feel better during a shitty 2 year contract of sh1t failing apps.

"Oh it's just like an iPhone ... look it does this better than the iPhone ... but the iPhone can't do this"

The iPhone 4 is the best phone on the market (apart from the signal/death grip issues).

Alan Johnson

Away man, you been drinking??? :teehee:

Anybody who slates the iPhone is somebody who has made the mistake of not getting one and they're trying to make themselves feel better during a shitty 2 year contract of sh1t failing apps.

"Oh it's just like an iPhone ... look it does this better than the iPhone ... but the iPhone can't do this"

The iPhone 4 is the best phone on the market (apart from the signal/death grip issues).

I would have agreed with you when I had an iPhone, but changed my mind recently. I'd been using an iPhone 4 for the last year/18 months and loved it, but then recently changed to an HTC Sensation and it's far superior. Even having bought it I was shocked by how much faster, more efficient and more personal it is. Depends how much you want to do with a phone I suppose, but you can literally customise everything about it, it's unbelievable compared with how limited the customisation options are on an apple.

I would have agreed with you when I had an iPhone, but changed my mind recently. I'd been using an iPhone 4 for the last year/18 months and loved it, but then recently changed to an HTC Sensation and it's far superior. Even having bought it I was shocked by how much faster, more efficient and more personal it is. Depends how much you want to do with a phone I suppose, but you can literally customise everything about it, it's unbelievable compared with how limited the customisation options are on an apple.

What's the battery like on the Sensation? Have read poor reviews of that aspect. Contemplating getting one, but probably going to hold off for the next iPhone.

My contract is up in September / October. Are there any new phones in the pipeline to be released around this time?

My contract is up in September / October. Are there any new phones in the pipeline to be released around this time?

Snap.I have an iphone just now..

Jed The Jedi

Snap.I have an iphone just now..

I was speaking to someone who said you should get a new phone for going to Budapest ;)

blondejamtart

My phone is due for an upgrade at the end of this week and I'm really unsure what to get. Daughter has an iPhone, but has had quite a few issues with it, whereas I've got friends with both Blackberries and HTC phones who reckon they're far superior. Really don't know what to go for.

kingantti1874

Nokia sea ray should be out in q3...

Galaxy s2 does look very good but I'd prefer it if it was a little smaller... It's a bit of a beast

My phone is due for an upgrade at the end of this week and I'm really unsure what to get. Daughter has an iPhone, but has had quite a few issues with it, whereas I've got friends with both Blackberries and HTC phones who reckon they're far superior. Really don't know what to go for.

iphone4 is the only choice :thumbsup::verysmug:

I have a Nokia N900, which is a nice phone but Nokia withdrew support for it so the apps etc available for it are really minimal. I'm not due an upgrade until Feb 2012 but I think I am going to bite the bullet and just pay off the rest of my contract and get an upgrade. I'm pretty loyal to Nokia though so looking at the E8 or the E7.

Everyone I know who has the HTC Sensation is raving about it mind you.

Have had Iphones and the HTC Desire and neither one comes close to the Samsung Omnia Windows 7 and thats before they release the Mango upgrade to the os!

Is the HTC Sensation as high a spec as the Desire HD? Or is it aimed at a lower market?

(does that make sense!?)

PsychocAndy

The "Far to good for the likes of me " Mrs, has an iphone4. She can work it fine because there is nothing to do. I honestly thought her brains would seep out of her nose trying to work the phone but I think the i means idiot proof. She loves it.

I have an HTC Desire and wouldn't swap it for the iphone4.

My neighbour has a Galaxy something or other, and she raves about it, she had to get me to fix it up to her laptop and a few fiddly bits, the phones not hers, and I still prefer my HTC.

The Wee Fella has a Bramble Curve and he's more than happy with that, I can't really pass on how good it is because he wont let me near it.

My daughter has an iphone4 too and she would be lost without it.

So the 4 big phone debate and everyone is happy with their phone and think it's the best.

I think they are all probably all much the same, so I'd look for the one with the cheapest deal.

Jed The Jedi

The "Far to good for the likes of me " Mrs, has an iphone4. She can work it fine because there is nothing to do. I honestly thought her brains would seep out of her nose trying to work the phone but I think the i means idiot proof. She loves it.

My neighbour has a Galaxy something or other, and she raves about it, she had to get me to fix it up to her laptop and a few fiddly bits, the phones not hers, and I still prefer my HTC.

The Wee Fella has a Bramble Curve and he's more than happy with that, I can't really pass on how good it is because he wont let me near it.

So the 4 big phone debate and everyone is happy with their phone and think it's the best.

I think they are all probably all much the same, so I'd look for the one with the cheapest deal.

Possibly the most sensible phone post I have seen in a while. Well done sir.

kingantti1874

Is the HTC Sensation as high a spec as the Desire HD? Or is it aimed at a lower market?

(does that make sense!?)

The sensation is higher spec than the desire hd.

Alan Johnson

What's the battery like on the Sensation? Have read poor reviews of that aspect. Contemplating getting one, but probably going to hold off for the next iPhone.

The battery's similar to any smartphone - sh1te, essentially.

Just make sure you get a good task manager app on your homescreen (loads of them available for free) and it'll give you longer. Still find I have to charge it every night mind.

The sensation is higher spec than the desire hd.

Evo 3D out soon. will probably pricecrash them both a bit.

The really high spec phones have got a bit too big for my liking though so I'll probably be opting for the middle market when I renew next. Iphones will never be that size (I doubt it anyway) but I won't ever buy a smartphone that I can't customise or view the web with properly

Anyone who doesn't have an iPhone is a tramp.

:verysmug:

You are nothing but a mindless sheep.. To be honest, I thought fans of HMFC wouldn't have this heard mentality that drives people to support Rangers, Celtic and Man Utd.. I thought that HMFC supporters wouldn't be sucked in by the clever marketing of Apple. While yes they do have a great product, but ? for ? it lags miles behind its big competitors.

and here is the video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7yD-0pqZg

After a fair bit research and a wee browse round the o2 shop this lunchtime, i think i'm going to go with the Sensation.

Can't upgrade till start of sept though. Feels like ages. :down:

You are nothing but a mindless sheep.. To be honest, I thought fans of HMFC wouldn't have this heard mentality that drives people to support Rangers, Celtic and Man Utd.. I thought that HMFC supporters wouldn't be sucked in by the clever marketing of Apple.

What a load of old bollocks :laugh:

Because using a HTC phone means you are thinking for yourself right enough :cornette:

Sheiky Baby

Bet you're still chuffed you've got the best phone of the lot though

Jed The Jedi

You are nothing but a mindless sheep.. To be honest, I thought fans of HMFC wouldn't have this heard mentality that drives people to support Rangers, Celtic and Man Utd.. I thought that HMFC supporters wouldn't be sucked in by the clever marketing of Apple. While yes they do have a great product, but ? for ? it lags miles behind its big competitors.

and here is the video..

:yas:

and here is the video..

:yas:

shore_fishing.jpg

fly-fishing.jpg

PsychocAndy

Bet you're still chuffed you've got the best phone of the lot though

Well yes but I'm just as happy not 2 get the shout from the good lady saying she can't work her phone.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

No doubt about it. That is a cracking looking phone Speedbump.

It does the business as well :thumbsup:

If you've not got this then you suck donkey's balls!!!

sonyericsson-xperia-arc1.jpg

This must mean you don't think for yourself. (it's not an HTC)

:cornette:

:lol:

Sent from my iPhone using my hands

HTC's are well built solid phones, just didn't fancy one. SE fanboy here :geek:

he quite clearly does as he's got a phone that gives him choice

I've never met anyone who switched from an iPhone to a decent Android phone and regretted it :)

iPhone sheep banter? :vrface:

So, those of you who followed the Blackberry/HTC fad or had a Nokia around the turn of the century, are you an individual?

So, those of you who followed the Blackberry/HTC fad or had a Nokia around the turn of the century, are you an individual?

Indeed. Oddly enough, anyone I know with an HTC phone (including myself) constantly moans about the battery life and random re-boots, while iPhone owners general seem happy enough...

For those on the cheap scale of the market - i'd strongly recommended the LG GT540 optimus.

I got it for ?100 (I think).

It's a great wee android phone. Currently upgraded to 2.1 on the lg site.

It doesn't have too much internal space but it's easily rooted and apps can be moved to the sd card.

lol... Just saying that when I come to pick my new phone, it will be based on what is available at the time, be it an HTC, Samsung, Sony Erricson, Nokia or iphone ..... Not based on what some clever marketing campaign tells me to buy

PsychocAndy

My Motorola flip-phone does everything a phone should, like make calls and send text messages, and keeps it's charge for about three-five days.

It doesn't have a programme to tell me where magnetic north is from my current location, or a cat I can punch and tickle, but I can live without those things. :thumbsup:;)

I must admit that that was my favourite phone, but my wife killed it with water when we were on our holidays.

I also liked the fact it was like a communicater from star trek.

On my phone so can't do the ashamed face palm things but I am

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Glad I'm not the only one seduced by the Star Trek communicator look of the Moto flip phone!

I used to have one and loved it also - lost it in a nightclub whihc made me sad. :down:

Ha! I've still got two. One shiny black, other silver (with maroon inside). Maybe I could swap them for one of them iphonepod things?

Anyone...?

TO be honest.. I always thought that smartphones were over rated... But now I have one, I am not entirely sure I could live without it!

TO be honest.. I always thought that smartphones were over rated... But now I have one, I am not entirely sure I could live without it!

With the convergence off apps and better network coverage, I think everyone will have 1 within 4/5 years. I recall some folks resistance to mobiles in general when they first arrived. A certain monkey posters used to give me stick but I was always a trend setter not follower, eh Jim/Vic :geek:

Jaap's Sigh

Just ordered 2 HTC Desire S phones for me and the wife. Should drive today or tomorrow. Looking forward to playing about with it.

Free phone. ?25 a month. 600 mins, unltd txt, 750mb net, free bt open zone, free sat nav app,50 pic messages and some other stuff. Sounded like an ok deal.

Jed The Jedi

Just ordered 2 HTC Desire S phones for me and the wife. Should drive today or tomorrow. Looking forward to playing about with it.

Free phone. ?25 a month. 600 mins, unltd txt, 750mb net, free bt open zone, free sat nav app,50 pic messages and some other stuff. Sounded like an ok deal.

Not to shabby s deal at all mate.

Archived