Two years ago today...

Jambo_Gaz

Haha

Remember how bouncing Gorgie was that night?

Will we ever have nights like that again? :)

maroonlegions
Haha

Remember how bouncing Gorgie was that night?

Will we ever have nights like that again? :)

yep, for after all we are the BIG team and the only way is up.:107years::P

Buffalo Bill

Mods: close this thread now!

Don't you people know that "we live in the now" and that Hibernian "taught Brazil".

Hibs, who play in the 'Leith San Siro' (capacity 17,000) at least tried to play the semi final the right way (i.e. with flair).

Hibernia were missing key flair players too. Hearts did miss Roman Bednar, Julian Brellier; or having two key defender go off with serious injuries.

You hoofballers need to get a grip.

Buffalo Bill

Guest gorgie kev
Hibernian 0-4 Hearts

:D

I've just sent happy anniversary texts to my hobo mates not had many replies but they have been quite abusive.I wonder why?:107years::107years:

Two years.... how time flies.....!!

What a day it was - and to think i nearly missed my lift to Hampden due to being reeeekin the night before and setting my alarm clock for the wrong time and sleeping in!!

Every time a Hibs fan tells me that they had a weakened team I remind them that we finished the game with a back four of Neilson, Webster, Fyssas and Skacel; and that Brellier and Bednar were suspended. Seems to work.

What a day, brilliant.

Two years.... how time flies.....!!

What a day it was - and to think i nearly missed my lift to Hampden due to being reeeekin the night before and setting my alarm clock for the wrong time and sleeping in!!

I slept in tae! Still buckled wi drink. Grabbed a pair-o-jeans, white shirt maroon sweater and a bottle-o-port. Tied ma shoe laces on the embra by-pass. Thanks to my mate and his wife (the driver) I had braw roast beef rolls for ma breakfast, little did a ken what other good fortune lay in wait. :toasting:

alwaysthereinspirit

Was up in Maine that weekend. Had a cheesy grin all day that no one could have moved. :)

Ray Winstone

Had a splitting migrane all through that day - I think if we had lost I would have gone through less pain than having to go mental every time hearts scored and at the final whistle.

Had to go to bed for about 2 days to recover!

scottish_chicP

Definitely one of the best days of my life. Even with the biggest bruise ever from getting my leg jammed in the chairs at hampden!

Definitely one of the best days of my life. Even with the biggest bruise ever from getting my leg jammed in the chairs at hampden!

A small price to pay me thinks lol!! :P

I've just sent happy anniversary texts to my hobo mates not had many replies but they have been quite abusive.I wonder why?:107years::107years:

You have Hobo mates? :o ha losers they are.

I'd go as far as saying that despite us actually winning the cup, the night after the semi final was better than the cup final night...only just mind you!

Harry Palmer

Will we look upon this as 'The Greatest Moment Ever' in 40yrs time? I don't think so.

Anyway, can anyone return us to that TIME?!!!

maroonlegions
Will we look upon this as 'The Greatest Moment Ever' in 40yrs time? I don't think so. :107years::107years:

Anyway, can anyone return us to that TIME?!!!

:P speak for your self eh .:hobo::107::evil:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo.aol.com%2Fvideo-detail%2Fhearts-v-hibs-scottish-cup-05-06%2F391213952&ei=Z6bzR53NDITm0ATqiJzrDg&usg=AFQjCNEiMiP5gSDV87u5qL6aoRmrByYMSg&sig2=NgsWqcznHQHqKLxt7EnpRw

Biggest derby ever, they could not bring enough fans, they got shown up by us the fans and Hearts the team.

Couldn't have been any better.

Unforgettable day and feeling.

I'm gutted. We've had a few probs towards the end of my wife's pregnancy - baby is breech. The doctors have scheduled her for a c section tomorrow - how good would it be if it had been today??

Unforgettable day and feeling.

I'm gutted. We've had a few probs towards the end of my wife's pregnancy - baby is breech. The doctors have scheduled her for a c section tomorrow - how good would it be if it had been today??

if born today, you could have called the wee one hartley ;)

Hearts Heritage

hibs041.jpg

more photos

all the headlines

Hartley hat-trick buries Hibs

Hearts beat Hibs to book Cup final spot

Hibs hammered by Hartley's Hampden hat-trick

Hearts hammer Hibs to book final place

HARTLEY FIRES HEARTS INTO FINAL

HEARTS v HIBS MINUTE-MY-MINUTE

Paul Hartley inspired Hearts

Hearts Storm To The Final

Stout Hearts crush capital rivals

Hartley hat-trick propels Hearts into dreamland

Hartley's heroics written in the Hampden stars

Hartley runs show for Hearts

Sensational Hartley runs riot to inspire rudderless Hearts

Hartley hat-trick sees Hearts come up trumps in capital clash

all the match reports

50 Derbies with 4 goal margins Hearts 35 Hibs 15

ted_striker

Aye, I bet you wish you had the same team and same debt these days because yer pony now and even skinter!

Keep looking back ladies, I am sure in a couple of years it will be all you Jams can do.

One of the best football days. Best night ever in Robbo's....

Nucky Thompson
One of the best football days. Best night ever in Robbo's....
Best night ever in just about every Edinburgh boozer:)

scottish_chicP
A small price to pay me thinks lol!! :P

Definitely but its ok cos I didn't feel it until the next day anyway... along with a huge hangover!

I was so nervous about this game in the week leading up to it, i woke up that morning and had a feeling we were going to do it.

when the first goal went in, the man in front jumped and pulled his elbow back which connected with my nose as I was jumping from my seat, it started bleeding and i went all dizzy so i decided i needed to get some ice. I looked to my mum, family and friends who i was sitting with for some assistance and they all just continued celebrating!!!!!!!!! I was left to stagger up the stairs myself, luckily it wasnt broken!!!! and i was able to watch us destroy them

the day was made even sweeter as i knew my poor hobo realtions were in the other end!!!!!!!

It was one of the best footballing moments of my life, beaten only 98 cup final

ahh the memories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joshmorris1874

Me and 2 pals were dropped off at the Asda, little did we know it was there end!

Walked thru head to toe with Hearts stuff on recieving pelters from various Hobo groups.

Funnily enough a teenage ned group got lifted for shouting abuse at me and also for drinknig in the bushes at Hampden, very funny!

Oh how I would have loved to have seen them after!!

The singing that I witnessed and participated in after on the streets on Mount Florida was a moment I will never forget!

And as it says below... FTH!:)

I watched it in my local pub.

The public bar was full of Hobo fans.

The lounge was full of Jambos.

A truly great atmosphere.

They had the 40" Widescreen telly.

We had a square 21".

We had the comfy seats and the restaurant part of the pub.

They had the standing part of the pub.

At half time we tucked into a full english.

They ate peanuts and crisps.

By the hour mark they had all gone home, serenaded out by us, one by one.

We all stayed in the pub till 3am. Lock ins are guid.

Guest juvehearts

those are the days & games that makes you want to support hearts.

just a shame that we can't repeat these kind of results with the dross we have on our books now.

always next year & if we do get into the top 6 this season.

1 more game against the wee team.

FTH

Archived