Who hates Scottish Football?

brellierlegend

brellierlegend

Is it just me? I have a season ticket for Hearts but I HATE scottish football. Not the actual football on show because I actually enjoy the game part (at times) but everything else that goes with it.

For example:-

I hate that Fraser Wishart comes out and backs Kev the cheat but refused to back any of the Hearts players that got booked for diving incorrectly.

I hate the weegie media that do everything in their power to back the old firm. As soon as a non OF team does well like us and Aberdeen did the negative articles start to try and knock the wheels off the challenge.

I hate the fact that the referee's are just so blatantly biased now. I mean they may aswell just suit up in an OF strip and be done with it.

I hate the fact that our SFA boss came out and stated that all eastern europeans cheat and we good guys in Scotland are fed up with it! Thomson and Broadfoot are as Scottish as they come unless I am mistaken. However, no condemnation from Smith.

I hate the SPL. A division formed to appease the old firm. Made into 12 teams with a RIDICULOUS split where the 7th placed team ends up on more points than the 6th placed team on a regular if not yearly basis.

I hate the fact that the SPL are so closed off to an 18 team league. It seriously is the way forward but I suppose the ugly sisters are against it for some obscure reason so it will never happen.

I hate the fact that we have a closed door policy at the bottom of the 3rd division so a team can just finish bottom year after year but never get relegated.

I am sure I have missed things that you can add but I sometimes wonder why we as Jambos bother! I will always keep going but sometimes football in this country is depressing!

Sorry for the rant guys!

Everything you say is fair enough.

I doubt anyone will ever break the grip that the Old Firm has on the game here.

Certainly not like Aberdeen and Dundee Utd did in the 80s ..

Gerd Muller

I hate the fact that 4 rangers players were unfit for a friendly against Croatia (top ten in the world)on the wednesday nigh but were super fit for a 12.30 kick off on the Saturday.

I hate the fact that both of the old firm have to sing songs about Ireland.

I hate the fact that they think they can offer tiny amounts of money for players knowing that the chairmen or directors will eventually give in and sell.

Gerd Muller

I was saying this yesterday, the only were in which it would seriously annoy the old firm would be that if two non old firm teams finshed in the top two positions.

brellierlegend
I hate the fact that 4 rangers players were unfit for a friendly against Croatia (top ten in the world)on the wednesday nigh but were super fit for a 12.30 kick off on the Saturday.

I hate the fact that both of the old firm have to sing songs about Ireland.

I hate the fact that they think they can offer tiny amounts of money for players knowing that the chairmen or directors will eventually give in and sell.

excellent points! I am more annoyed now!

gorgie rd eh11

I have developed a real hatred of scottish football over the last couple of years. This is mainly due to the way HMFC as a club have been attacked by the media and other clubs supporters, coaching staff and players.

I wouldn't buy any scottish newspaper but a friend at work has already informed me that gordon smith is in the s*n this morning asking for help to clamp down on cheating. Fair enough, but guess who's photo is used with the article? Is it kevin thomson? No Miko of course. W*****s the lot of them.

brellierlegend
I have developed a real hatred of scottish football over the last couple of years. This is mainly due to the way HMFC as a club have been attacked by the media and other clubs supporters, coaching staff and players.

I wouldn't buy any scottish newspaper but a friend at work has already informed me that gordon smith is in the s*n this morning asking for help to clamp down on cheating. Fair enough, but guess who's photo is used with the article? Is it kevin thomson? No Miko of course. W*****s the lot of them.

Feel very sorry for Miko. The amount of abuse he has received from the media and opposing players is a total joke!

I haven't watched a Scotland game for 12 years because the selection policy has always been so OF biased.

Then when the bar stewards are picked, they effin well call off!!

The OF are taking the **** big time, always have. Now the establishment is more behind them than ever. Getting close to time for all non OF teams to break away. I have long thought that we'd see thousands more fans at games without them. Can't see how it could fail. The game would be so much more fun to watch if you had no OF teams or supporters.

The owners would never have the balls to pull it off though.

forrester_jambo
Feel very sorry for Miko. The amount of abuse he has received from the media and opposing players is a total joke!

Nonsense!!!!!! The guy IS a cheat imo. As seen by scotland fans he did dive againts scotland didn't he? hence he was cheating hence he is in the paper end of.:mad:

gorgie rd eh11
Nonsense!!!!!! The guy IS a cheat imo. As seen by scotland fans he did dive againts scotland didn't he? hence he was cheating hence he is in the paper end of.:mad:

Yes he cheated. So do players from every club in scotland. The reason he's in the paper though is to deflect away from the fact it's rangers players who have been throwing themselves to the ground at every opportunity! End of.

forrester_jambo
Yes he cheated. So do players from every club in scotland. The reason he's in the paper though is to deflect away from the fact it's rangers players who have been throwing themselves to the ground at every opportunity! End of.

Rubbish mate you dont like the paper so that's it the papers wrong get a grip.

gorgie rd eh11
Rubbish mate you dont like the paper so that's it the papers wrong get a grip.

I hate the paper mate. But if you can't see what they're doing here then you need to wake up and smell the coffee.

forrester_jambo
I hate the paper mate. But if you can't see what they're doing here then you need to wake up and smell the coffee.

ok ok let me try and explain my ay of thinking.

Theres a picture of miko falling in a hearts top.

Beside it reads: PLAYERS with a reputation for diving LIKE saulius mikoliunas will be under threat. where is the problem?

gorgie rd eh11
ok ok let me try and explain my ay of thinking.

Theres a picture of miko falling in a hearts top.

Beside it reads: PLAYERS with a reputation for diving LIKE saulius mikoliunas will be under threat. where is the problem?

The problem is they could use lots of players "falling" but as always they use a Hearts player, which reinforces the belief that Hearts players are the problem and are the reason the problem exists. Anybody that takes the blinkers off can see that, at the moment, many teams players, including rangers, are far more likely to take a "tumble" than Hearts players.

Miko did what players in every league in the world do including our own ref Saturday as an example.

The hysteria around his particular incident is way over the top and don't forget, Gary O'Connor tried the same thing in the same match but didn't get it so dry your eyes.

If Miko did the same thing for Hearts (don't think he has) and we won say Scottish Cup - would you be moaning then....??

Doubt it.

The lad made a mistake and was rightly punished but too many "holier than tho" idiots think he is the devil incarnate and should be burned at the stake.

Is it just me? I have a season ticket for Hearts but I HATE scottish football. Not the actual football on show because I actually enjoy the game part (at times) but everything else that goes with it.

For example:-

I hate that Fraser Wishart comes out and backs Kev the cheat but refused to back any of the Hearts players that got booked for diving incorrectly.

I hate the weegie media that do everything in their power to back the old firm. As soon as a non OF team does well like us and Aberdeen did the negative articles start to try and knock the wheels off the challenge.

I hate the fact that the referee's are just so blatantly biased now. I mean they may aswell just suit up in an OF strip and be done with it.

I hate the fact that our SFA boss came out and stated that all eastern europeans cheat and we good guys in Scotland are fed up with it! Thomson and Broadfoot are as Scottish as they come unless I am mistaken. However, no condemnation from Smith.

I hate the SPL. A division formed to appease the old firm. Made into 12 teams with a RIDICULOUS split where the 7th placed team ends up on more points than the 6th placed team on a regular if not yearly basis.

I hate the fact that the SPL are so closed off to an 18 team league. It seriously is the way forward but I suppose the ugly sisters are against it for some obscure reason so it will never happen.

I hate the fact that we have a closed door policy at the bottom of the 3rd division so a team can just finish bottom year after year but never get relegated.

I am sure I have missed things that you can add but I sometimes wonder why we as Jambos bother! I will always keep going but sometimes football in this country is depressing!

Sorry for the rant guys!

Your right mate, the game stinks to the core behind the scenes.

It`s all to do with the West. They think they are the people who matter the most. They think they are the only real genuine football people in this country.

For all Scotland has great things about it and things to be proud of, we are cringeworthy(or the West is anyway) in how the game is run.

I hate the organisation that are behind Scottish football.

But Scottish Football and the SPL will still always mean more to me than anything south of the border or elsewhere.

The problem is they could use lots of players "falling" but as always they use a Hearts player, which reinforces the belief that Hearts players are the problem and are the reason the problem exists. Anybody that takes the blinkers off can see that, at the moment, many teams players, including rangers, are far more likely to take a "tumble" than Hearts players.

gorgie road....You're arguing with a SUN READER!! :eek:;)

If the SUN prints it, it's real...Miko's the ONLY Player EVER to have dived, On the point of the dive against Scotland, were's the Picture of Gary O'Connors tumble in the box in the same game?? Or, because he never got the Penalty AND he's a GOOD Scottish Laddie, does that not count??

I have stopped going to the games this season for the points mentioned, What's the point in trying to enjoy a game when some incompotent PART-TIME official who works for the OF/GFA/SPL, call it what you like, has already decided that there can only be one winner!!

How can UEFA/FIFA whoever, investagate corruption in other European countries i.e Italy, yet the OBVIOUS bias in this country towards the S.C.U.M of the OF goes on unpunished for YEARS...Surely we're not the only supporters who feel like this?

I HATE the whole circus that is the SPL, Unfortunately it will NEVER change, so get used to it people...Only 2 teams will EVER BE ALLOWED to win the league...FACT!!! :mad:

Rant over!

gorgie road....You're arguing with a SUN READER!! :eek:;)

If the SUN prints it, it's real...Miko's the ONLY Player EVER to have dived, On the point of the dive against Scotland, were's the Picture of Gary O'Connors tumble in the box in the same game?? Or, because he never got the Penalty AND he's a GOOD Scottish Laddie, does that not count??

I have stopped going to the games this season for the points mentioned, What's the point in trying to enjoy a game when some incompotent PART-TIME official who works for the OF/GFA/SPL, call it what you like, has already decided that there can only be one winner!!

How can UEFA/FIFA whoever, investagate corruption in other European countries i.e Italy, yet the OBVIOUS bias in this country towards the S.C.U.M of the OF goes on unpunished for YEARS...Surely we're not the only supporters who feel like this?

I HATE the whole circus that is the SPL, Unfortunately it will NEVER change, so get used to it people...Only 2 teams will EVER BE ALLOWED to win the league...FACT!!! :mad:

Rant over!

Can not belive the difference in terms of top level refs in england and scotland is ! Fair enough they are full time refs in EPL, but surly it would cost less than 500 k a year to make them full time ! Also the media down south will hound a ref if he makes a mistake - no matter what team it is against ! Hear all the muppets are all having a love in and refuse to accept the total bias in this country !

What's the most famous example of diving in this country?

It was done against the national team in a very important game and could've had significant consequences. In that light it's only right and natural that Miko is associated with diving.

Look at England and Cristiano Ronaldo. For a while he was demonised and synonymous with diving. Are you going to claim that there's an anti ManU bias down there? If Miko wants to free himself from the stigma he has to do something exceptional so that people are reminded that he's a footballer as well as a cheat. In much the same way we as a club need to do something on the park to stop the stories about what a joke we are.

Can not belive the difference in terms of top level refs in england and scotland is ! Fair enough they are full time refs in EPL, but surly it would cost less than 500 k a year to make them full time ! Also the media down south will hound a ref if he makes a mistake - no matter what team it is against ! Hear all the muppets are all having a love in and refuse to accept the total bias in this country !

Yeah but you are talking about persuading a Geology Professor (Underhill), a senior manager at Standard Life Investments (Tumilty), er ... the boy who's a clergyman whose name escapes me ... etc etc ... to give up their jobs ... or recruit 20-30 new ones from scratch? !

What's the most famous example of diving in this country?

It was done against the national team in a very important game and could've had significant consequences. In that light it's only right and natural that Miko is associated with diving.

Look at England and Cristiano Ronaldo. For a while he was demonised and synonymous with diving. Are you going to claim that there's an anti ManU bias down there? If Miko wants to free himself from the stigma he has to do something exceptional so that people are reminded that he's a footballer as well as a cheat. In much the same way we as a club need to do something on the park to stop the stories about what a joke we are.

The English media have no major allegiances to clubs like the Scottish media do for the old firm.

They are more than happy to take to task players from the top 4. They quite happily slated Ronaldo despite the fact he was a Man U player.

The Scottish media would not round up on Nakamura had Nakamura winked :)

The English media quite forgot about Ronaldo's past and rightly savour his excellent ability. I don't think the Scottish media will ever forget Miko's dive and will call Lithuanians out as divers whenever they can.

brellierlegend

Miko was caught out for cheating and has been labelled as a cheat ever since. However, what about the likes of O'Connor, Thomson and Broadfoot? Why are they not getting the same attention?

Charlie-Brown

Scottish football is retarded at best - biased & corrupt at worst, probably somewhere in between.

bean counter

I believe that the SFA is institutionally racist, probably sectarian, deceitful and archaic.

I believe it is structured to be unrepresentative and unaccountable.

I believe it is incestuous in its relationship with the two big Glasgow teams.

I believe that I am not alone in these beliefs and that until it becomes open, accountable and transparent in all its dealings nothing will change.

Hate the SFA

Hate the Tartan Army (love Scotland though)

Hate weegies

Hate the Old Firm

Hate the Scottihs Media

Hate Gretna

Hate Aberdeen

Hate Motherwell

Hate St Mirren

Love Hearts

rudi must stay

yes he did, but the reaction to it was an huge overreaction imo, he wasn't in the paper cos he cheated he wasn't in the paper cos he cheated and played for Hearts. That's what it comes down to, who you play for

Amoruso Lets it Run ...

Hate the GFA

Hate the Tartan Army (love Scotland though)

Hate weegies

Hate the Old Firm

Hate the Scottish Media

Hate Gretna

Hate Aberdeen

Hate Motherwell

Hate St Mirren

Love Hearts

Ditto !!! Well said, absolutely despise every one of these ****ers and I don't even hate Hibs or England either.

:107years:

I was listening to the Real Radio phone in last night & the night before due to my work. I never normally listen in my own time cause it's all OF ******.

But I felt compelled to phone in about the comparisons they were drawing between Katies dive & Mikos. I got on and pointed out to Ewen that this is the very reason a lot of non OF fans absolutely hate the two ugly sisters. Because a team like Hearts or players like Miko can't win. Excuses are made for the OF but we get murdered in relation to cheating, diving etc.

I pointed out to him that the media couldn't wait to drag the Miko incident up in relation to KT's dive. ****ing sickening.

In the end, he deflected the point a wee bit but I tole him that the media wants to have a good look at itself.

Things like this **** me off no end.

The sort of thing here reminds me of the Scotland Italy game last November when we needed at least a draw to mean that Italy (WORLD Champions) won't have qualification in there own hands.

Last minute comes and its 1 each, and Hutton gets blatently barged off the ball outside our box, so the ref does the 'correct' thing and gives Italy a free kick.

And what a surprise, they win the game and qualify without worrying about France V Ukraine a few days later.

UEFA is as bad as the SFA.

The small teams (and countries) will hardly ever succed

Smoked-Glass
The sort of thing here reminds me of the Scotland Italy game last November when we needed at least a draw to mean that Italy (WORLD Champions) won't have qualification in there own hands.

Last minute comes and its 1 each, and Hutton gets blatently barged off the ball outside our box, so the ref does the 'correct' thing and gives Italy a free kick.

And what a surprise, they win the game and qualify without worrying about France V Ukraine a few days later.

UEFA is as bad as the SFA.

The small teams (and countries) will hardly ever succed

Don't forget that in that game our goal was offside and the italians had another goal chalked off wrongly for offside.

Agree about the free kick being wrong but we were 2-1 up on ref mistakes :)

Jimmy McNulty

Scottish football is a nightmare.

I often get asked about the game back home, and often asked about some of the more dubious decisions made by those that run the game.

My only answer is "It's always been that way". Because it has.

Don't forget that in that game our goal was offside and the italians had another goal chalked off wrongly for offside.

Agree about the free kick being wrong but we were 2-1 up on ref mistakes :)

Thats totally irrelevant, you should know that!

John Findlay

I dont hate Scottish football. I do dislike alot of things about it immensely.

It has been a cartel of two since about 1891. West coast mafia have had it sewn up good an proper for well over a century.

To me it was more than a coincidence that when Harry Swan(former chairman of Hibernian FC) was head honcho at the SFA. That both Hearts and Hibs had there most successful times in their history. Now there are those who will say Harry was no guardian angel and there are certain Hibs supporters who dislike him but that is for reasons other than football.

I cant be to sure on this but I dont think anyone from the capital has been head honcho at the SFA since or even before Harry Swan.

Scottish football is rotten to the core but, those than can say and do something about it do nothing and that grates me more than anything else.

The media are cowards, Gordon Smith is a coward but so are the likes of Aberdeen, Hibernian, Hearts(yes we have been cowards too but Vlad is not but, he is getting castigated for his stance at times, even from his own), Dundee United, Dundee et al. That grates too.

John

JamboJoker98

Hate everything about Scottish football but love Hearts.

It's ran by a bunch of clowns. Sometimes I wonder why I pay ?350 to watched the most corrupt league in existence when I could be paying ?250 to watch a better team like Blackburn in a far better league, and get to see real word class and real star players every other week. Then I remember I love Hearts

Imeantasong

You would have thought it would be better now with all the games covered on the telly, but they seem to be in on the act as well.

Funny seeing this thread, because at lunchtime today I was standing talking to Hibby outside our Glasgow work with both us saying the same sort of things.

We both agreed we hated getting beat by each other more, but actually detested the OF far more than each other.

Was also the first time I have heard a Hibby saying although he hated Rangers s a club more, he hated the Celtic fans more than the Rangers ones.

Maybe it's all part of another masterplan, to get the OF into the English league, because we force them out. Chick and Co could then wet their pants covering games down South. I wouldn't mind, but it's not that we could make all their fans flit too.

So was it the SFA or the weejie media who sacked George Burley when it looked like we finally might mount a serious title challenge?

Some of the points are good and valid, but the sooner we stop blaming everyone outside of Tynecastle for many of our failings the better.

Ditto !!! Well said, absolutely despise every one of these ****ers and I don't even hate Hibs or England either.

:107years:

hate Hibs too but no point putting that down as my name tells you that

however my hatred for the Hubz is nowt compared to the OF

bean counter
So was it the SFA or the weejie media who sacked George Burley when it looked like we finally might mount a serious title challenge?

Some of the points are good and valid, but the sooner we stop blaming everyone outside of Tynecastle for many of our failings the better.

It is not about blaming anyone for our failings, this is not about us, this is about the failings of the establishment

Archived