To those who stuck by Hearts throughout this whole saga

Eckauskas

was it?

I think it was for all the over the top reactionary types who forced hearts to reconsider.

Only a Game

Todays announcement was for you :thumbsup:

Au contraire. Craig Thomson would have been retained by the club if people had just sat idly by and supported the club's position come what may. A bit like you did.

There are times when the club gets it wrong and its okay to speak out about it without actually withdrawing your support. This was one of those times.

Today is an outcome that Hearts had to be shamed into.

Thinly veiled, 'I'm a bigger Hearts fan than you' thread.

There's a veil? :unsure:

Thanks Eck, I appreciate it mate. :thumbsup:

:lol:

You're welcome mate.

Well done on never losing the faith :thumbsup:

Craig Thomson would have been retained by the club if people had just sat idly by and supported the club's position come what may. A bit like you did.

In this day and age, you just can't sack someone without considering all the options.

We, as fans, had no concrete proof that he was actually in breach of his contract with the club.

Clearly Hearts have had someone looking over the finer details of where they stand on the issue and have acted accordingly. There is no chance in hell that Mr Romanov payed the blindest bit of attention to the gutter press and 20 nutters who declared they wouldn't be back.

Well done to them for not just jumping in and leaving themselves vunerable to legal action.

:facepalm:

Inconceivable that the club is getting rid of poor CT, really. After all, he was clearly dragged into all this by mafia and maniacs. Can't believe today's statement - the one on 24.6.2011 made so much more sense.

:facepalm:

Johanes de Silentio

Inconceivable that the club is getting rid of poor CT, really. After all, he was clearly dragged into all this by mafia and maniacs. Can't believe today's statement - the one on 24.6.2011 made so much more sense.

Apologies - the :facepalm: was for this thread, which is totally pointless.

As for Thomson leaving: :yas:

That a bit clearer for ya?

Mad Dog Frazer

In this day and age, you just can't sack someone without considering all the options.

We, as fans, had no concrete proof that he was actually in breach of his contract with the club.

Clearly Hearts have had someone looking over the finer details of where they stand on the issue and have acted accordingly. There is no chance in hell that Mr Romanov payed the blindest bit of attention to the gutter press and 20 nutters who declared they wouldn't be back.

Well done to them for not just jumping in and leaving themselves vunerable to legal action.

oh right!! the guy that was reading over the finer details must be a 2 year old then cause its taken weeks and weeks to act accordingly.

Apologies - the :facepalm: was for this thread, which is totally pointless.

As for Thomson leaving: :yas:

That a bit clearer for ya?

With you from the start.

:thumbsup:

J Cheever Loophole

I may even wear my new Hearts top when I go to pick up, 4 cosmic space cadets at TiTP the nicht.thumbsup.gif

Aww-Yeah-meme.png

I'm sure the kiddy on fans will be having a ball.

A ball in their "I HAVE NO PALS" solitary home.

oh right!! the guy that was reading over the finer details must be a 2 year old then cause its taken weeks and weeks to act accordingly.

These things do take time, y'know?

Yaaaaaay I can now take my hypothetical children to their first Hearts match :D

HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF YOUR HYPOTHETICAL KIDS WERE STRANGLED AND MURDERED BY WWE WRESTLER AND 4 TIMES WORLD CHAMPION CRAIG THOMSON?

Vile.

Only a Game

These things do take time, y'know?

Whereas it took hardly any time at all to decide that he was able to resume his career with Hearts.

We didnt have to sack him. That was the only route which was open to us which may or may not have caused a legal problem. What we could have done and should have done, 3 weeks ago and after a few hours rational thought was. 1. Suspended him with immediate effect on full pay followed by 2. Terminating his contract and paying him in full, or almost full for it. One of which we subsequently done, too late, and the other of which it appears likely we are going to do.

I dont see where anyone has difficulty with that in terms of the legality of it.

Whereas it took hardly any time at all to decide that he was able to resume his career with Hearts.

We didnt have to sack him. That was the only route which was open to us which may or may not have caused a legal problem. What we could have done and should have done, 3 weeks ago and after a few hours rational thought was. 1. Suspended him with immediate effect on full pay followed by 2. Terminating his contract and paying him in full, or almost full for it. One of which we subsequently done, too late, and the other of which it appears likely we are going to do.

I dont see where anyone has difficulty with that in terms of the legality of it.

youre-cool-teddy.gif

God bless Mr Romanov.

Chris Benoit

HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF YOUR HYPOTHETICAL KIDS WERE STRANGLED AND MURDERED BY WWE WRESTLER AND 4 TIMES WORLD CHAMPION CRAIG THOMSON?

Vile.

It's what they would've wanted :(

Guys I think the main thing here is he's never playing for you's again. Yes he should have been binned right away and it was pretty clear JJ wanted him out. But now he's gone hopefully everyone can get back to the fooballing issues with the new season round the corner.

Vile.

:lol:

Perhaps Hearts didn't want to pay him for the remainder of his contract, which would explain why they didn't go down that route. I don't think it's unreasonable to think that Hearts wanted rid as soon as the full story came out but theyy wanted a route out that would have meant they didn't have to shell out thousands of pounds to do it.

Fort Vallance

Is it ok to say I think the club got it wrong originally but I would never have stopped going because of one wee pr*ck. I'm happy that we've done the right thing now but in all honesty Iwouldn't have stayed away.

We should have suspended him for 3/6 months and issued a statement saying that during that time we would request he seeks help and that we would also consider our options after talking to all relevant bodies and groups rgarding any future steps.

Along with an apology to the families this should have been the clubs approach -- instead we got a botched apology from club and player, a confusing rant and an onrunning saga where it looks as though the club has had to be pushed by outside groups to make a move.

PR is really very easy when you think about it -- whoever was running ours needs a kick up the back.... re this topic.

All this has done is confirm what we already knew. Despite having a Board of Directors and a Chairman, Hearts cannot make a decision without obtaining ratification from the big boss. And if he makes a boo-boo nobody appears to have the cahoolies to tell him so.

As OAG has mentioned on an earlier post, it could have been handled far more professionally and expediently.

And as for protests, marches, abstentions, etc. A big storm in a tea cup from mostly those that more than likely don't go to games and probably never will. This was never going to stop me taking my daughter to games.

Archived