Craig Gordon for Celtic?

Cairneyhill Jambo

Cairneyhill Jambo

Just on Sky Sports News that Neil Lennon is interested in signing Craig Gordon.

Hopefully this is a load of tosh.

He'd be better staying in the EPL.

Don't think I could handle him playing for the manky mob.

Craig's no that daft

alicante jambo

No chance why would he want to sign for that lot.Surely there will be some top teams in england after him.

sandylejambo

Didn't lennon kick up **** when Graig went up for a corner late in a game against the pikies but never, when we played Rangers? probably my poor memory.

Unless he goes to be a bigger teams number 2 I reckon his next move may be a step down. One option would be west brom as they have just sold carson. Other than that it's either championship or a return to spl for craig, which is a crying shame. Still plenty time to get fit, get regular football and fulfill his poential though.

Walter Bishop

I posted this on the other Gordon thread, he has had contact with Celtic however wants to stay down south, his preferred option is to sit tight for 1 more season and then move on free, Sunderland want to sell him now. Personally from what i have been told Gordon wouldnt sign for Celtic.

Craigs a big Jambo, I would doubt very much he would even consider signing for that vile mhanky lot.

Coming back to the SPL, would be a huge step bacl in terms of prestige however I think Craig may have to take a step back to get his career going again. Would it be impossible to hope for him signing for us again for free next year? He always said he would love to come back someday and finish with us.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Craigs a big Jambo, I would doubt very much he would even consider signing for that vile mhanky lot.

Coming back to the SPL, would be a huge step bacl in terms of prestige however I think Craig may have to take a step back to get his career going again. Would it be impossible to hope for him signing for us again for free next year? He always said he would love to come back someday and finish with us.

Seek medical advice a.s.a.p !

:gok:

Whilst Celtic are a vile, horrible, disgusting mob, moving there - professionally - wouldn't be as bad as moving to a team to sit as a number 2.

At Craigs age, accepting being a number two is a massive mistake. He won't shift Hart or Szczesny.

So for the sake of his career, Celtic is a better option, of those 3 clubs.

But still not a good move. But the best of the 3 clubs mentioned so far.

Emotionally for us - a brutal move!

durhamhearts

On Sky Sports News last night Lennon confirmed interest in Craig Gordon but was unsure if Celtic could afford to buy Craig or pay his wages.

Can actually see this happening.

Craig moves up on loan, celtic pay his wages, next year he moves on a free having had a year of games to impress and bump up his wages/signing on fee at a premiership club.

It suits craig more than spending time on the bench at arsenal or sunderland. The main problem is sunderland want a fee but would they risk having to pay Craigs wages all season to get that. I suspect not.

boy from the express' Twitter saying that Lennon says this is a no go. Seems to me to be a bit of 2+2=5.

He'll shift Szczesny at Arsenal. Fact.

While he's got more chance of displacing Szczesny than he does Joe Hart I reckon it is by no means certain, he'd be playing career Russian roulette. The fact that Wenger hasn't tried to replace Szcesny yet and only appears to be in the market for a possible number 2 makes me think that Szcezny is part of his long term screwball plans

While it would be gutting seeing him going to Celtic I would understand the reasons why if he did. It's not like Whittaker or Brown who could have went to the EPL but have decided that the Old Firm is their level, at least he's went down there and gave it a bash. Personally I wouldn't harbour any ill feeling towards him if he did go to them.

Ideal scenario would be somebody like West Brom buying him. He'd be playing with a team that would get peppered with shots against and hopefully be able to rebuild his confidence/career. Who knows, half a season saving West Brom's arses may just alert some of the bigger teams in January.

Thing is, Arsenal change goalkeepers all the time, last season it was Szcezny, Fabianski & (I've forgotten the Spanisrds name!) and the season before it was the Spaniard and Fabianski.

And while someone has the # 1 shirt Wegner does not seem keen to change things unless something happens that makes him feel he has to move

If I was Gordon however I'd hope big Eck at Villa would take a chance on him, that would be the best club for him imo

If I was Gordon however I'd hope big Eck at Villa would take a chance on him, that would be the best club for him imo

fair shout although I reckon Foster will go there

No way Craig will go to Celtic. if arsenal are interested I ma sure he will go there as he has a fair chancew of being number 1. Can't see him going to Man City as Hart is established but Arsenal have never had a real keeper since Lehmann (first time round).

fair shout although I reckon Foster will go there

Probably but Eck will know what a fully fit Gordon can do (shites all over Foster) and could get him cheaper

I thought Arsenal are interested. He's far better off playing in EPL than for smeltic and he will be gauranteed Champions League football beyond the qualifiers. Will be devastated if he does mind.

ROMANOV FAN CLUB

You have to laugh at Lennon for this one, Never going to happen this one, Lennon just trying to noise up McCoist as he's no money

One Celtic can't afford his full wage and Sunderland are lookng to free up wages and get money in, so Craig won't be loaned out

The lure of playing for Arsenal or Man City in Champions League and getting past the group stages would be a massive draw to any top player

Playing for Arsenal week in week out puts Levein under massive pressure to pick Craig as Scotlands No 1

Jambothroughandthrough

Lennon was asked about signing targets by journos at a media conference and one of them asked if he'd be interested in Gordon. Of course he's going to say yes because he's a quality keeper.

2+2 = 5 springs to mind.

dellboy1971

Would be good move for Craig and Celtic for 2 million what a steel

Steve Bruce does not rate Craig

BangkokHearts

I don't rate Steve Bruce.

Not a snowball's chance in hell. :laugh:

Yes, things haven't worked out well for CG recently but there are still much better options available to him than taking that sort of step back. Jings.

Furthermore, they can't afford him. He also wouldn't go.

Lennon's such a comedian.

Paulie Walnut

Lennon was asked a question by a weegie hack "would you like Craig Gordon at Celtic?" Lennon "of course i would he's quality but we can't afford him"

Que the weegie press going into overdrive like usual. It's like asking JJ if he would like to sign Messi !

Greedy_Jambo

Its all about money and his family are probably still up here. I dont think being a jambo will effect his choice much.

The Old Tolbooth

Would be good move for Craig and Celtic for 2 million what a steel

It would be an exceptional move by Celtic, but an extremely poor move by Craig should he decide to go to them, Craig already stated that a move to Celtic would be a sideways move for him before he left Hearts and the mhanks showed some interest, he'd be a mug to come back to Scotland at this stage in his career.

forthriverjambo

celtic have a better chance of signing ian paisley than they have of signing craig gordon, the ginger rottweiler is a shoite slavering guffbag, i do not give this vile creature one shred of credibility.

Gordon is a quality keeper. Most clubs in the counrty would be interested, I'm sure Jefferies is interested too. However, it's quality that few can afford. Celtic and Hearts aren't one of them. Case closed your honour.

alwaysthereinspirit

Whilst Celtic are a vile, horrible, disgusting mob, moving there - professionally - wouldn't be as bad as moving to a team to sit as a number 2.

At Craigs age, accepting being a number two is a massive mistake. He won't shift Hart or Szczesny.

So for the sake of his career, Celtic is a better option, of those 3 clubs.

But still not a good move. But the best of the 3 clubs mentioned so far.

Emotionally for us - a brutal move!

For us, a total nightmare.

For him, head to head every week against McGregor in the same league.

Would be interesting to watch the Scottish medias take on it.

CF11JamTart

Celtic can't pay him 48k per week, wishful thinking from the weegie press

Same sort of thing with Craig Bellamy. Lennon has been sniffing about saying he'd be interested in signing Bellamy. I'm sure he would, but Bellamy is totally upfront that he isn't taking a drop in wages. Lennon can bump his gums until the cows come home, but unless he can find ?90K per week it isn't happening.

I imagine it would the same with Craig Gordon. Moving to less "high profile" league when he's at his prime, AND take a pay cut? Nein danke...

I think the only thing this story/rumour proves is that Neil Lennon is intent on noising Jambos up and to be fair to him, he's doing not too bad a job.

JamboAberdeen

No chance for sure.

First, they can't afford Sunderland's transfer demand.

Second, they can't meet Craig's wage demand (48k?)

Third, no real incentive for Craig to sign for them.

He can play for any team in top half EPL if stays fit, even the current form would attract mid-table club down south.

And he is out of contract next summer, so no need to make rush decision.

Only possibility will be loan move, but Sunderland won't sanction that.

Archived