EPL - News International

Konrad von Carstein

Konrad von Carstein

With Murdoch's empire seemingly under seige due the the NoTW scandal and losing advertisers at a rate of knots...

Renault have piulled all advertising with NI - and other advertisers are considering their options - NI's share value has dipped dramatically

Is there any possibility of a knock on to SKY's financial influence on the Premiership? - thoughts....

Konrad von Carstein

Once again I prove evidence of my worst poster ever credentials :(

I got confused with the stuff about Murdoch wanting to buy SKY outright - added to my total lack of knowledge on the subject :lol:

Probably correct to say that I wish it would have an effect!

Geoff Kilpatrick

Sky's share price is plummeting on the back of speculation that The Digger won't be able to complete the takeover. However, Sky remains profitable.

The next domestic rights deal won't exceed this one but the Premier League rode the first wave of the recession due to its international reach and I think that will allow the Premier League to escape unscathed.

NI don't own Sky, hence the reason to ditch the NotW. I think NI own about 35%.

39%, but it would be good to reduce the money in the EPL as it has gotten too big

Geoff Kilpatrick

39%, but it would be good to reduce the money in the EPL as it has gotten too big

As I say, that won't be easy. The overseas rights for English football are massive.

Archived