Bridge of Doom

dodethejambo

What part of 'bradley welsh is hard and ran the doors and irvine welsh is a literary genius' don't you guys get?

Genius my erse. He just got the "write as I speak as I think" book out first that's all. There is nothing genius about trying to glorify disgusting subjects like heroin junkies and being a hibby, nothing at all. :down:

Let's see Sir Walter Scott, Robert Louis Stevenson, Robert Burns.....or Irvine Welsh. :vrface:

Children laugh at the bridge of doom.

Children laugh at Irvine "AH'M A PURE SCAFF SO AH AM - but I'm more than able to speak eloquently for a couple of quid" Welsh

Children laugh at Bradley "fat dinosaur ****" Welsh.

Children laugh at hibernian.

And that folks, is that.

Denny Crane

The only trouble I saw was caused by the police themselves back in January 89 where a basic form of crowd control became a ******-up as a crush was allowed to occur before someone with more stripes than the officer in charge took over and calmed it down. Nothing to do with the paper casuals at all.

The only trouble I saw was caused by the police themselves back in January 89 where a basic form of crowd control became a ******-up as a crush was allowed to occur before someone with more stripes than the officer in charge took over and calmed it down. Nothing to do with the paper casuals at all.

Aye,we were at the back of that,realised there was no way we'd get in for kick-off and went back round to Easter Rd with the idea of getting in the Albion Rd way.Trouble ensued as like minded Hearts fans met Hibs at the bridge/lights.So the irony is that because of the Bridge of Doom there was trouble at another bridge....em,well done theB of D!:rolleyes:

Got in mind only to get to the top of the terracing as Eddie May scored.Bad night all round,esp. getting out after the game.I hated the old Easter Rd!

Craig Young

We sold our fanzine (NIT) there for years before the derby matches, and drank our carry out in the trees. No bother seen at all.

Was in Morrisons earlier and a guy past me in a green t-shirt, I got a quick glance of the slogan on it and all I saw was the words 'Bridge of Doom' just before he pasted me and into the next aisle. So into the next aisle I go but from the other end so I was facing him and as I got nearer I couldn't believe it on the t-shirt was in big bold letters Bridge of Doom with a picture looking across the bridge a figure at the other end and under that was the words 'Dare you to Cross' or some thing similar. As you can tell I was in fits with the missus thinking I gone daft laughing at nothing (as far as she could see).

The thing that got me was later it wasn't a homemade printing job but looked like a professionaly done effort, so there must be a shop selling this tack.

Pretty sad really,most folk won't have the foggiest and will just think it's some dungeons and dragons game.

Clerry Jambo

Started going to that dump in late 70's and never seen any bother at the doom!!

Normally started London Road etc and the gorgie jungle took no nonsense :whistling:

Is there any truth in the rumour, that Andy Blance is a cross-dressing rent-boy who last got a stiffy when his mum accidently sat on his face while servicing the local bobby, in an effort to get out of her prostitution charge?

Just asking likes... :ninja:

That's a bit harsh, you're forgetting the heroic part that these guys played in the petrol-bombing of a pedestrian thoroughfare. While war veterans return from places like Afghanistan with horrific mental scars and refuse to talk about what they have done guys like Blance, Welsh etc prove that they are bigger men by their willingness to discuss such acts of heroism without any guilt or embaressment.

I think that Hearts should drop their partnership with Erskine immediatly and concentrate all our efforts on Blance and co to get them Tattoos and liposuction

The Gasman

Started going to that dump in late 70's and never seen any bother at the doom!!

I've never seen any bother there either CJ, they've just invented the whole story, for some bizarre reason. :blink:

Clerry Jambo

I've never seen any bother there either CJ, they've just invented the whole story, for some bizarre reason. :blink:

Mibbe we were always too peshed Gas to see any bovver :whistling:

Say What Again

That was the Bridge of Death I think thumbsup.gif

monty-python-the-holy-grail-knightly-demotivational-poster-1277650091.jpg

What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Denny Crane

Come to think of it, the only real bother I ever had on derby day was on the corner of London Road/Leith Walk after the Wayne Foster game and there was an ambush. A chase ensued (never ran so fast in my life and given that I don't win any Mr Svelte prizes, this was some achievement). Got up to the corner of Princes Street where me and the other Jambos that made it turned around to find one Hibby arsehole who has chased a bit too enthusiastically for his own good. I didn't participate in what happened next and I'm usually your bleeding heart liberal who frowns upon violence but in this particular instance as this **** was set upon by half-dozen of our brethren, I did have a wry chuckle (this pillock had intended to do us him so he was reaping what he had sown).

winston churchill

A proper bridge of doom.

I met more bams crossing this than i ever did in lochend

Mostar_bridge1_mid.jpg

Tasavallan

Brigadoon - this thread will now disappear and reappear in 100 years

The Gasman

Mibbe we were always too peshed Gas to see any bovver.

Nah mate, if it was the bevvy, we'd have seen twice as much, shurely? :toast:

The Gasman

A proper bridge of doom.

I met more bams crossing this than i ever did in lochend

Mostar_bridge1_mid.jpg

The scary thing was the bams diving off it! :blink:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

That's a bit harsh, you're forgetting the heroic part that these guys played in the petrol-bombing of a pedestrian thoroughfare. While war veterans return from places like Afghanistan with horrific mental scars and refuse to talk about what they have done guys like Blance, Welsh etc prove that they are bigger men by their willingness to discuss such acts of heroism without any guilt or embaressment.

I think that Hearts should drop their partnership with Erskine immediatly and concentrate all our efforts on Blance and co to get them Tattoos and liposuction

He clearly has some inferiority issues... Could be that he is fat, or balding, or ugly, or maybe his shite tattoos? :thumbsup:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Hibs-Boy-The-Life-and-Violent-Times-of-Scotland-s-Most-Notorious-Football-Hooligan.jpg

:Vlad-Stupid:

That fat ***** on the left looks like was drawn by child with learning difficulties, using crayolas. :lol:

In fact he reminds me of this thing...

krang.jpg

Harry Palmer

That fat ***** on the left looks like was drawn by child with learning difficulties, using crayolas. :lol:

In fact he reminds me of this thing...

krang.jpg

Krang?

Bridge of Doom..... :rofl:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Krang?

Bridge of Doom..... :rofl:

Aye Krang, that's the felly. Fat hideous mess with more chins than a Chinese phone-book..

It's the way that the ****** on the tv programme tries to give the impression that 'boys' were thrown over the bridge by the hundreds.

:vrface:.

It was a wind up, IE hamming it up for the cameras. Only the goons down the road and the clowns on here seem to think anyone takes the Bridge of Doom pish seriously.

To be honest guys i don't think the message on the t-shirt is aimed at Hearts, Rangers, Celtic or Aberdeen only the lesser clubs that had a 'mob' <_< of casuals, as with everyone else here i have seen very little of any trouble on Bothwell St or on TBOD apart from one or two incidents, one were i was actually involved :whistling:

What i will say is about the fans on here having a pop at the Hibs Casuals in question, do you ever stand your ground with them when the going gets tough ? not the one for looking for bother but when it comes to your footstep and it's unavoidable then i'm in, a doing or not, no one is taking the urine out of me at Hearts' expense :blink:

Overall i think this statement on the t-shirt is just mythical nonsense as said before i don't think any of teams mentioned above have ever came unstuck there due to the numbers that swarm over it, in saying that though we did have to do Albion Rd after the game for a good number of years to prevent the crushing over the bridge.

Archived