Bridge of Doom

dodethejambo

dodethejambo

Was in Morrisons earlier and a guy past me in a green t-shirt, I got a quick glance of the slogan on it and all I saw was the words 'Bridge of Doom' just before he pasted me and into the next aisle. So into the next aisle I go but from the other end so I was facing him and as I got nearer I couldn't believe it on the t-shirt was in big bold letters Bridge of Doom with a picture looking across the bridge a figure at the other end and under that was the words 'Dare you to Cross' or some thing similar. As you can tell I was in fits with the missus thinking I gone daft laughing at nothing (as far as she could see).

The thing that got me was later it wasn't a homemade printing job but looked like a professionaly done effort, so there must be a shop selling this tack.

fabienleclerq

Was in Morrisons earlier and a guy past me in a green t-shirt, I got a quick glance of the slogan on it and all I saw was the words 'Bridge of Doom' just before he pasted me and into the next aisle. So into the next aisle I go but from the other end so I was facing him and as I got nearer I couldn't believe it on the t-shirt was in big bold letters Bridge of Doom with a picture looking across the bridge a figure at the other end and under that was the words 'Dare you to Cross' or some thing similar. As you can tell I was in fits with the missus thinking I gone daft laughing at nothing (as far as she could see).

The thing that got me was later it wasn't a homemade printing job but looked like a professionaly done effort, so there must be a shop selling this tack.

Im getting one with 4000 jambos strolling across!

Anyone sporting one of these t-shirts must be hard as nails , to all jambos going to the next ER game - for your own safety please take a taxi and get dropped of directly outside the ground.

jambovambo

The guy pasted you?

Gave you a pasting?

Should have done better v a hobo, mate.

... on the t-shirt was in big bold letters Bridge of Doom with a picture looking across the bridge a figure at the other end and under that was the words 'Dare you to Cross' or some thing similar.

Am I missing something here ... isn't that just a Monty Python and the Holy Grail t-shirt ? Nothing to do with Hibs ?

:confused:

Am I missing something here ... isn't that just a Monty Python and the Holy Grail t-shirt ? Nothing to do with Hibs ?

Irvine Welsh's 'diary' column from the FT 27/6/09:

"Later on, I went to visit another pal, Bradley, who runs the Holyrood Boxing Club in Edinburgh. We had lunch with his fiancee, Emma, then he showed me his new place and gave me a couple of Hibs hooligan T-shirts he had made ? one of them eulogising the virtues of the ?Bridge of Doom?, in Bothwell Street, near the team?s Easter Road Stadium. Brad himself came up with the name for this scene of many a 1980s football riot, much to the derision of some of the local wags ? Hibs terrace veterans who probably found it a bit too Harry Potterish for their tastes. But, now that he?s immortalised this fine structure on a T-shirt (it depicts a Hibs casual in threatening pose with the warning: ?You?ll never make it over?) it seems likely that the name will stick".

They should really take the crayons off that buffoon. :vrface:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

"Later on, I went to visit another pal, Bradley, who runs the Holyrood Boxing Club in Edinburgh. We had lunch with his fiancee, Emma, then he showed me his new place and gave me a couple of Hibs hooligan T-shirts he had made ? one of them eulogising the virtues of the ?Bridge of Doom?, in Bothwell Street, near the team?s Easter Road Stadium. Brad himself came up with the name for this scene of many a 1980s football riot, much to the derision of some of the local wags ? Hibs terrace veterans who probably found it a bit too Harry Potterish for their tastes. But, now that he?s immortalised this fine structure on a T-shirt (it depicts a Hibs casual in threatening pose with the warning: ?You?ll never make it over?) it seems likely that the name will stick".

**** me! That is just awesome!! Does he also make up raps about it dog? :lol:

How can he re-read that sort of pish and no cringe himself to death!!! :lol:

That was the Bridge of Death I think thumbsup.gif

monty-python-the-holy-grail-knightly-demotivational-poster-1277650091.jpg

Hilarious ... thanks for the info ! I was actually approaching the 'Bridge of Doom' before a derby in the late 80s / early 90s and a bunch of young guys in front of us turned round and started scrapping with the Hearts fans. Next thing the cops appeared on horses and most of them did a runner, but me and my mates made it over the 'Bridge of Doom' more or less unscathed. Think I'll get a maroon t-shirt with "I made it over the Bridge of Doom" printed on it, just for a laugh !

The Old Tolbooth

That was the Bridge of Death I think thumbsup.gif

monty-python-the-holy-grail-knightly-demotivational-poster-1277650091.jpg

Barstard! I was Googling summat like that too but couldn't come up with anything as good as that, your perverse mind knows no bounds and I'm very jealous! :(

Here's my effort :ninja:

post-504-0-08098500-1310082165_thumb.jpg

Roy Croppers Handbag

Quality,

On a kinda related note a Hibs youth player asked me directions to JJB on Tuesday when they were here in Livi, I musta looked like a good source for directions being a taxi driver so I sent him to the James Young high school.

Immature but it tickled me as he wandered off aimlessly into Dedridge.

Boy in my local had one on the other week. In fairness to the boy he's ok as flumps go and didnt strike me as the type of guy to pander to this pish but he had it on bold as brass. A man wearing a mythical t-shirt relating to a mythical football team. It works on too many levels!!!!!

The bridge in all its glory...

13615.jpg

That is in fact The Thoroughfare of Certain Harm

Barstard! I was Googling summat like that too but couldn't come up with anything as good as that, your perverse mind knows no bounds and I'm very jealous! :(

You know me John, got a picture for every post thumbsup.gif

smugDog.jpg

Bridge of Doom.... that'll be the one that all the hobo trolls live under!

Out of all of the rank hobo chat (and there's lots) the Bridge of Doom shite ranks amongst the highest and most cringeworthy.

I've been over that bridge on many occasions over the years and I've never seen any bother there at all.

What a bunch of flanges.

:Vlad-Stupid:

gorgieheart

Anybody else remember coming back from a game, heading over TBOD , out of a house on the right appears what can only be described as a thing that failed as an extra for lord of the rings ! She was butt ugly and snarling abuse at the maroon masses, now im not condoning verbal abuse of women , or the waste of coins aimed at its head. But it soon shuffled back inside and the maroon massive bounced happily home across THE BRIDGE OF DOOOOOOM.

What a load of pish, that bridge has loads of happy memories though.

My mate Dunc (known to many on KB) used to have a flat just up from the bridge, Derby days were devastation,early start, huge amount of alcohol, speakers out the window, Hearts song blasting, Police at the door, Police on horses shouting from the street to shut up every 5 mins, not very happy neighbours & anyone who had ever met Dunc making an appearance just to get a glimpse out the window at the thousands of Jambos walking past.

Thing is that this was during the late 80's all the way through the 90's we hardly ever got beat "the bridge of doom" actually reminds me of waiting to get back to Duncs after another victory with Hibby's eventually turning up to wait for the bridge to reopen with their horrible hibby chav faces trippin them.

Happy days, never really forgiven Dunc for selling the flat !

scots civil war

bridge of doom is on bothwell street innit??

that was fester road`s old bridge back there.....

there is some clothing/rags knocking around,ive saw black hoodies with sum green and white union jack on it recently

i mean, a picture of a bridge with two bods checking each other out at either end eh :lol:

Buffalo Bill

I love that bridge. I've had so many happy memories of days crossing it, with only the rare defeat here and there.

Never once did I ever see any bother, and that's going back to 1982.

"Myths, Fantasies and Legends" would be a better slogan.

I've had more trouble getting over the forth bridge

More like the bridge of doom and gloom

Matthew Le Tissier

Will that embarisment of a club ever relise that nearly everything they do is laughed at. From Mad Rod to The 12th poof they never cease to amuse me.

I like how the hearts song gets blasted out someone's window, just before u walk over the bridge. Don't know why anyone, never mind a jambo, would want to live there.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I've had more trouble getting over the forth bridge

More like the bridge of doom and gloom

Disappointed... I want a limerick. :(

Out East there's a bridge that's named Doom,

Where fat old men struggle for room,

Like Garry O'Connor, it's best days are a goner,

Just like their flair and va-va-voom.

Sorry... I'll leave it for the master in future. :ninja:

Craigieboy

It's the way that the ****** on the tv programme tries to give the impression that 'boys' were thrown over the bridge by the hundreds.

:vrface:.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

It's the way that the ****** on the tv programme tries to give the impression that 'boys' were thrown over the bridge by the hundreds.

:vrface:.

Never seen this program, it's the one with some fat old fantasist woofter and Danny Dyer right?

Incredible stuff... If your history is shit, just make some stuff up and get Danny Dyer to report it to stupidest people possible. We really should organise a telethon or something for these gonads. :lol:

The Gasman

Bridge of Doom.... that'll be the one that all the hobo trolls live under!

Think theres a few live on JKB as well. :unsure:

Buffalo Bill

My first game attended at ER was the East Of Scotland Shield in 1982. Hibs won with a late goal, but my biggest memory was of the giant double terrace that was closed off and ready for demolition.

But in competitive games, although I didn't go to every game at that time, my early record was :

Hibs 0 Hearts 0 in '84

Hibs 0 Hearts 0 in '85

Hibs 1 Hearts 2 in '86

Hibs 1 Hearts 3 in '86

Hibs 2 Hearts 2 in '87

Hibs 1 Hearts 1 in '89

Hibs 1 Hearts 2 in '90

Hibs 0 Hearts 3 in '90

Hibs 1 Hearts 4 in '91

Hibs 1 Hearts 1 in '91

Hibs 1 Hearts 2 in '92

Hibs 0 Hearts 0 in '92

Hibs 0 Hearts 0 in '93

Hibs 0 Hearts 2 in '93

Hibs 1 Hearts 2 in '94

Hibs 0 Hearts 0 in '94

That's 16 games unbeaten, with 8 wins and 8 draws before finally, they bolted seats onto the Dunbar terrace and Hubs won 2-1 in the rain.

Bridge of Doom?

Do me a favour, love.

Bert Le Clos

Lads, you're way off the mark here.

Hibs fans refer to the bridge as the "Bridge of Doom" for their own sakes. The knights who galantly defend the bridge Gandalf style are in fact former Hibs season ticket holders. They attempt to block passage of the bridge which leads into Mordor out of the goodness of their hearts, knowing those who do manage to pass will be witness to some of the most horrendous sites known to man, and a fair amount of truly awful football.

They should be applauded, not ridiculed for their actions.

Victor Meldrew

Only trouble I ever saw there was in the 1990s when one of our lot got lifted for punching in a window on the way to it.

Nookie Bear

Only trouble I ever saw there was in the 1990s when one of our lot got lifted for punching in a window on the way to it.

I once got lifted for punching a window post IMO

:rolleyes:

This is hilarious.

There is more danger crossing the road at the traffic lights than crossing that bridge.

dodethejambo

Thats what is said :thumbsup:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Is there any truth in the rumour, that Andy Blance is a cross-dressing rent-boy who last got a stiffy when his mum accidently sat on his face while servicing the local bobby, in an effort to get out of her prostitution charge?

Just asking likes... :ninja:

Lochend Brazil

An original idea if I may add. I would have loved 3500 of the famous crossing the bridge with a mint green B.O.D and the bradley bunch on the back shirt.

Maybe in a different life.

Every chance it's xile as they had the green and black union jack t-shirts with these colors don't run on them which as most folk know refers to the hibs casuals..c.c.s.

What part of 'bradley welsh is hard and ran the doors and irvine welsh is a literary genius' don't you guys get?

lost in leith

Some mileage in this for the budding entrepreneurs out there. Allow your customers to choose from a variety of well known characters shouting - "I crossed the bridge of doom". The list is endless, but for starters -

• The cowardly lion from the Wizard of Oz
  • Scooby Doo
  • A chicken
  • Tom Thumb
  • The Andrex puppy
  • A cheese eating surrender monkey
  • Kenny Rogers
  • Larry Grayson

Feel free to add your own suggestions :thumbsup:

My mate Dunc (known to many on KB) used to have a flat just up from the bridge, Derby days were devastation,early start, huge amount of alcohol, speakers out the window, Hearts song blasting, Police at the door, Police on horses shouting from the street to shut up every 5 mins, not very happy neighbours & anyone who had ever met Dunc making an appearance just to get a glimpse out the window at the thousands of Jambos walking past.

Thing is that this was during the late 80's all the way through the 90's we hardly ever got beat "the bridge of doom" actually reminds me of waiting to get back to Duncs after another victory with Hibby's eventually turning up to wait for the bridge to reopen with their horrible hibby chav faces trippin them.

Happy days Gav , house full of Jambos, some hanging out the windows, Hearts song full blast on speakers on repeat, sea of maroon crossing the bridge, Bruce Springstein poster on the wall, been there 20 year, running back to Duncs to watch Robbos last second equaliser on TV to find Dunc had set video to stop recording at 4.45. yes we missed it! Who was the guy who drank Bacardi?

Coburg Hearts

I used to cross it four times a day, five times a week, for three years on my way to school (Norton Park) and I'm still here to tell the tale. Only trouble I got in was for throwing snowballs at hibs players. ;)

Guest Bilel Mohsni

CCS are a wee bit gay! I have heard that they also regurguitate rent-boy spunk for the weekest amongst their litters!

Archived