ST sales

innerjambo

fairness isn't a consideration. not in the least. football is - and always has been - a game which is predominately played on saturdays. it also happens to be the day of the week when clubs can expect to maximise their attendances and corporate income.

life isn't entirely fair.

Ok, fair enough! :thumbsup:

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Gasman

......Why do people like myself have to suffer for having no choice but to work Saturdays? Surely we could have a few more home games scheduled for Sundays?

:facepalm:

I don't have work on a Tuesday morning - I demand we play games on a Tuesday morning!

:verymad:

I don't have work on a Tuesday morning - I demand we play games on a Tuesday morning!

That was pish! :facepalm:

How many times have we played on a Sunday compared to a Tuesday morning?

Very amusing guy, I see what u did... *cough*

:huh:

Harry Palmer

Fortunately, I didn't have a season ticket to renew. :smugger:

I'll continue to decide which matches I want to go to.....first stop the UEFA Cup home, then the derby. :thumbsup:

Meanwhile, updates on matches would be most welcome whenever they are. :)

Adi Dassler

How depressing that you are now not thought of as a 'real fan' if you are not a season ticket holder.

And no, I didn't re-new mine.

Reason? Shite football, lack of competition, ever widening gap between fans and the players/club etc etc etc.

Still, i'll no doubt be there every other week like I have been for the last 26 years.

I'll just need to live with being a fly-by-night Johnny Come Lately in the eyes of KB.

How depressing that you are now not thought of as a 'real fan' if you are not a season ticket holder.

And no, I didn't re-new mine.

Reason? Shite football, lack of competition, ever widening gap between fans and the players/club etc etc etc.

Still, i'll no doubt be there every other week like I have been for the last 26 years.

I'll just need to live with being a fly-by-night Johnny Come Lately in the eyes of KB.

can anyone confirm if this has actually been said, or if it's a typical JKB invention?

Nookie Bear

Of course I'm being serious. As it stands, I will only get to visit Tynecastle ONCE this season! And I don't think that is fair. If they had at least one or two more home games on a Sunday then I would be going.

I totally get your reasons for not going - I worked Saturdays when I was a student as well and missed loads - but to suggest that the traditional 3pm kick off is somehow unfair for the way your life is at this time is a bit over the top (IMO!)

When you graduate and get a job, your priorities will change and you'll probably learn that midweek kick-offs are a pain.

Get a family and anytime is inconvenient (or a good excuse to escape)

By the way, a good Euro run will ensure a few more Sunday games :thumbsup:

Adi Dassler

can anyone confirm if this has actually been said, or if it's a typical JKB invention?

I wish to retract this statement.

You appear to be having a go at people boycotting over the Thompson situation which may or may not be fair enough.

Pretty sad that this all seems to have denigrated into an "I'm a better fan than you" thread. Personally speaking I don't care whether people have a season ticket or just turn up on the day - just as long as they turn up and support the team.

I hope anyone not renewing (or coming back) on moral grounds, or more likely claiming this, have never sung sectarian, racist or homophobic songs and more so never sung or joked about Celtic Boys Club. If you have, then one word:

HYPOCRITES

I wish to retract this statement.

You appear to be having a go at people boycotting over the Thompson situation which may or may not be fair enough.

:thumbsup:

I also sign on on Tuesday mornings.An 1130hrs KO would be tight but if I got a taxi I might make it.

The Gasman

The first Season Ticket I got was for the School End Terracing, as it was convenient, and gave a saving (IIRC about 20%) over the walk up prices, assuming you went to all the games.

My mates and I used to get told we weren't "proper fans", as by buying the ST we gave less money to the club than the "real fans" paying the walk up prices! :blink:

Changed days! :rolleyes:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The first Season Ticket I got was for the School End Terracing, as it was convenient, and gave a saving (IIRC about 20%) over the walk up prices, assuming you went to all the games.

My mates and I used to get told we weren't "proper fans", as by buying the ST we gave less money to the club than the "real fans" paying the walk up prices! :blink:

Changed days! :rolleyes:

Sums it up nicely to be honest.

:thumbsup:

Clerry Jambo

No idea how many have been sold but quite sure the website would have told us when 10K was reached

Harry Palmer

No idea how many have been sold but quite sure the website would have told us when 10K was reached

Get to the Charlie Adam thread please... :)

Jamboelite

I dont see why people are having a pop at those that dont want to attend because of CT.

If this truly is the only reason they have not renewed then I respect the reason they have chosen and while it didnt stop me from renewing as I had done this prior to the news (Platinum ST by the way a higher class of ST fan......Uber fan even) I can understand that at present they feel they cant get fully behind the team if he is on the park.

I really dont get the whole criticism if im honest it doesnt make them anymore committed it just means they have a different stance on this situation than you do.

Its not as if they have used this as an excuse before for not attending its a pretty random situation for any club.

People have very strong opinions on this topic therefore some will have very strong actions as a result.

JE

The Gasman

I got told a couple of weeks back that we were "on target to reach, and possibly exceede 10k", not that we'd actually reached it.

I was also told that the wee team had only sold about 4,000 although they hoped to sell another 1,000 - 2,000 before their closing date. They were aparently flapping about this, as they had budgeted for considerably more.

One of the many confusing sources about the supposed existence of people who haven't renewed just because of the CT story is why they didn't renew in the two months before the story broke.

Were they fully intending to buy a season ticket but holding off as long as possible on the off chance that one of the first team might become embroiled in a sordid scandal?

Clerry Jambo

I got told a couple of weeks back that we were "on target to reach, and possibly exceede 10k", not that we'd actually reached it.

I was also told that the wee team had only sold about 4,000 although they hoped to sell another 1,000 - 2,000 before their closing date. They were aparently flapping about this, as they had budgeted for considerably more.

Hi Gas

How are you Sir......

I know your sources are normally impeccable :P

Coburg Hearts

I renewed yesterday and some **** has taken my seat so had to move :verymad:

At least it wasn't a boycotter who took it. ;)

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

He's gone now. All you parents who refused to take your kids and yourselves along to Tynie in case he jumped the barrier and attacked your offspring will have to think of another excuse can renew safely now.

:verysmug:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

0.jpg

He is gone now parents! Please return in your droves to the 'Child-catcher' free zone that is once again Tynecastle!

All moral security has once again been restored!

I expect season ticket sales to now SKY-ROCKET from all these glad and contented concerned parents! Happy-Days!!

:ninja:

He's gone now. All you parents who refused to take your kids and yourselves along to Tynie in case he jumped the barrier and attacked your offspring will have to think of another excuse can renew safely now.

:verysmug:

Will be online tomorrow renewing our season tickets, now watch the ticket sales go through the roof.

Can't wait for the season to start.

Well...i've opened my season ticket re-newal form at last, mates on his way over from Kirkcaldy as i write with his money and i will be heading up to Tynie tomorrow afternoon to get our season tickets again.

So, now we've got rid of you know who, I expect an announcement on Friday saying we've sold 11K!!! :D

Archived