Jason Thomson

hawaii

loveofthegame

Good move for him, not going to get much of a look in with us. Hope we have a clause saying we can recall him if necessary. Prob the beginning of the end of his Hearts career though, don't believe he'll ever be good enough to hold down a regular place in the team.

What's his contract situ? Could be with a view to a perm move?

Great to see him find a SPL club and good luck to him. Has never let us down but maybe just doesn't quite have what it takes to be at Hearts. Really hope it works out for him.

rossthejambo

Good luck to him, would have liked to have him as cover and let Eggert focus on centre of midfield but them's the breaks.

Can't imagine we'll be seeing him again in a Hearts jersey.

What's his contract situ? Could be with a view to a perm move?

Great to see him find a SPL club and good luck to him. Has never let us down but maybe just doesn't quite have what it takes to be at Hearts. Really hope it works out for him.

One year left. Can't see him staying beyond that.

kingantti1874

good luck to the guy, bet he was worried about oppo fans seeing thomson at right back for hearts, hed have been slaughtered

Sierra Delta

Good luck to him, don't think he'll ever be good enough for a place in our team but hopefully he does well for himself out on loan.

us allowing a right back away does not fill me with joy.

all quiet on that other right back eh?

"No relation to Craig Thomson..." liked that bit :thumbsup:

Liked that too. Wonder if that's what happened with Hitler? Jimmy Hitler - no relation to Nazi war leader, Adolf - spoke of how he didn't plan to grown such a large marrow, but how it just kept getting bigger and bigger.

Olympic gold-medalist, Daley Thompson - no relation to thon Jambo, Caig Thomson - today insisted he was no relation to thon Jambo, Craig Thomson.

One year left. Can't see him staying beyond that.

Hope he does well then and wins a move to either them or another SPL team when his contract's up.

I wonder if in a juxtaposition of many loan deals we have insisted that he DOES play when we play Dunfermline?

:whistling:

I wonder if in a juxtaposition of many loan deals we have insisted that he DOES play when we play Dunfermline?

:whistling:

it's hearts though... so he would almost certainly end up scoring a HT, as well as setting up the other five.

it's hearts though... so he would almost certainly end up scoring a HT, as well as setting up the other five.

:spoton:

Creepy Lurker

Think he could probably do a decent job at a lower SPL club like Dunfermline. Not terrible defensively, but a limited player going forward. Would've been happy to see us keeping him on as backup, to be honest.

Snake Plissken

Not surprised.

Does okay defensively but doesn't have much else to offer, he probably should have been released in 2009 instead of getting a new deal as it was obvious even then he was never going to be a first choice player.

Chris Benoit

Good luck to him always tried his best but ultimately not quite good enough.

Should do ok at Dunfermline never thought he was as bad as some would make him out to be.

He's better than Eggert at RB. I hope JJ has someone else as backup to Hammill in his plans, I really don't want to see Eggert playing there again.

Funny enough - i always thought JT kept Ratboy fairly quiet when he was up against him.

Good move for him - good luck!!!!,

kingantti1874

He's better than Eggert at RB. I hope JJ has someone else as backup to Hammill in his plans, I really don't want to see Eggert playing there again.

id rather it be eggert than the other alternative.

I thought he did quite well last year when I saw him. Like others have said, hope JJ isn't planning on playing Eggy at RB and lets him concentrate on CM. Barr and Hamill should be the options at RB IMO

id rather it be eggert than the other alternative.

Well I hope CT is out the picture completely, so maybe Barr or any of our u-19s ready to step up?

I thought Eggert was going to turn into a great player, but he hasn't progressed at all in the last 2 seasons. The last time I saw him play RB against the victims he was poor, although the rest of the team weren't up to much either.

rudi must stay

Good luck to him. He seems a decent pro, but he's not quite good enough for us IMO, he possibly would have been a few years ago but we've made big improvements under Jefferies.

confirmed on the official site now until january

"The full-back , who turns 25 later this month"

I thought he was turning 24.

Ray Winstone

Allowing them to play him against us can only work in our favour.

:smugger:

Harry Palmer

Been here for years and years, hasn't shown improvement in his position and quite rightly being loaned out/punted 2yrs too late.

Cheerio Jason.

Barr!

Harry Palmer

Great news.

He's absolutely shite.

:yas:

This seals the deal imo. 100%. :thumbsup:

Patrick Bateman

My overriding memory of Jason Thomson will be his performance away to Motherwell in a 3-1 defeat two seasons ago. It was genuinely one of the worst individual performances I've ever seen. I don't buy the myth that he's even a decent defender, given that he has a habit of standing in space by himself whilst play goes around him.

"The full-back , who turns 25 later this month"

I thought he was turning 24.

It will be 24 this month I think. Well I'm 24 later this year and he was in the same year at school as me.

Good luck to him. Nice guy and hope he gets the success he works hard for.

Good luck to him. Could never fault him for effort but he's nowhere near good enough for Hearts, so it's for the best that he tries to make a career elsewhere.

West Jambo

Hoping that CT gets punted. That means Hammill as first choice with Jonsson and Barr as back-up, should be sufficient. Although agree that there should be an option to recall if we find ourselves (like we often do) with injury problems. I think he's a long way off a first team place and so probably best for both parties.

Good luck JT, hope you put in another performance at Fester road like you did for us last time around.

Cappuccino Kid

Terrible human being.

Would you care to expand? Not heard anything bad about him as a person. Not a footballer though

Would you care to expand? Not heard anything bad about him as a person. Not a footballer though

Yeah, me neither. Just felt like being contrary.

Terrible human being.

Liked that mate. Think I may have just lol'd! I do hope not.

Archived