Missed the ref bit on BBC

Examiner

Anyone know what they were saying about the Russian ref from the AEK game where Jules and Terry were sent off?

Missed it and just go the end of the article

He was the ref in our game and had a shocker!! He will be incharge of the Huns on thurs.

He was the ref in our game and had a shocker!! He will be incharge of the Huns on thurs.

Oh, shame. :dribble:

marshallschunkychicken
Hopefully he's refereeing the currant buns game?

Whatever happened to that UEFA investigation about Vlad suggesting he'd demanded a bribe?

Still remember Pat Hobo Nevin going off his box at the decisions that night.

I wonder if his performance may get a few more column inches than when he cheated us? Sent off for wearing an earing!! Never heard the likes again :confused:

Nucky Thompson

He'll want to show the Scottish football public he is competent, watch the Huns get every decision going:cool:

Wonder what the media and GFA will say if he has the same kind of performance against them as he had wi us?

John Findlay

Personally hope he shafts Rangers in the same manner he shafted us and the GFA and Glasgow media blow a gasket and Uefa give them the rigid digit.

John

Brellier was a disgrace in Athens. No excuse for sticking up for him that night.

Total imposter.

Personally hope he shafts Rangers in the same manner he shafted us and the GFA and Glasgow media blow a gasket and Uefa give them the rigid digit.

John

Come on thats never going to happen ;)

Brellier was a disgrace in Athens. No excuse for sticking up for him that night.

Total imposter.

How dare he wear an earring when members of the opposition team were doing the same.

:rolleyes:

jambostuart

That ref was a flipping arse that night. Having said that, McCann deserved to go for his shocking challenge... But the Brellier sending off was a joke. Apparently it wasn't for wearing an earring though, it was for entering the field of play without permission.

Commander Harris
How dare he wear an earring when members of the opposition team were doing the same.

:rolleyes:

yes the referee should have punished others but Brellier has no excuse.

Who was the ref in the first leg? He had a worse decision, Bruno Aguiar's sending off, a second yellow for kicking the ball 4 yards!

Fozzyonthefence
Who was the ref in the first leg? He had a worse decision, Bruno Aguiar's sending off, a second yellow for kicking the ball 4 yards!

I didn't really have a problem with Aguiar's sending off - technically it was a booking. Doesn't matter if it was 4 yards or 40 yards - he was trying to waste time. What I have a problem with is the lack of consistency - I think 2Athens players did this in the 2nd leg while already on a booking and no action taken.

Thig Ar Latha
I didn't really have a problem with Aguiar's sending off - technically it was a booking. Doesn't matter if it was 4 yards or 40 yards - he was trying to waste time. What I have a problem with is the lack of consistency - I think 2Athens players did this in the 2nd leg while already on a booking and no action taken.[/QUOTE]

The bit in bold shows the first half of your post is total Mince.

As you see the same thing happen every week, both in European games and domestic matches just proves how unjust that card was.

IIRC the ball was even back in the general direction of their nearest player.

I didn't really have a problem with Aguiar's sending off - technically it was a booking. Doesn't matter if it was 4 yards or 40 yards - he was trying to waste time. What I have a problem with is the lack of consistency - I think 2Athens players did this in the 2nd leg while already on a booking and no action taken.[/QUOTE]

The bit in bold shows the first half of your post is total Mince.

As you see the same thing happen every week' date=' both in European games and domestic matches just proves how unjust that card was.

IIRC the ball was even back in the general direction of their nearest player.[/quote']

His point isn't mince.

The rules state if you kick the ball away to waste time you should be booked. Bruno did this and deserved to go. So did the Athens players and they didn't. The ref failed to punish them after punishing Bruno, that's inconsistency but Bruno did deserve a second yellow under the rules of the game.

Some of the rules, such as this one, are naff and desperately need changed but that's a debate for another day.

Amoruso Lets it Run ...

I hope the ref completely shafts those dirty *******s and the GFA so they know what it's like to be one of the other 10 teams making up the numbers in their weegie bigot fest every week in the SPL.

Shower of ****e the lot of them. :mad:

None of them give a feck when it's us who are continually shafted. :mad:

****ing hypocritical bunch of ***** the lot of them. :mad:

GIRFU those cheating weegies you dirty Baskakov. :)

Show ned the crab who's the one who should be refereeing the game. ;)

His point isn't mince.

The rules state if you kick the ball away to waste time you should be booked. Bruno did this and deserved to go. So did the Athens players and they didn't. The ref failed to punish them after punishing Bruno' date=' that's inconsistency but Bruno did deserve a second yellow under the rules of the game.

Some of the rules, such as this one, are naff and desperately need changed but that's a debate for another day.[/quote']

Sorry to be pedantic, but I was right in line with Bruno about 10 yards away when this happened and he DID NOT kick the ball away, he threw it about 2 yards behind him and towards the point where the free kick should be taken.

One of the most ridiculous bookings in football.

Cat Stevens
Whatever happened to that UEFA investigation about Vlad suggesting he'd demanded a bribe?

Still remember Pat Hobo Nevin going off his box at the decisions that night.

I played in a charity match with Pat Nevin last year and he said he knew for a fact the ref had been bribed that night. Thats why he was going so mental, but he obviously couldn't say the exact words.

Chapel bells are ringing, bunnnnggggg!!

I played in a charity match with Pat Nevin last year and he said he knew for a fact the ref had been bribed that night. Thats why he was going so mental, but he obviously couldn't say the exact words.

Chapel bells are ringing, bunnnnggggg!!

If he knew for a fact then why didn't he say anything?

Because he had no proof? Then how did he know it was a fact then?

If he knew for a fact then why didn't he say anything?

Because he had no proof? Then how did he know it was a fact then?

Say for example... Dexter says to me... 'Me and the boys are going to wear masks and beat Boris half to death on Friday night'. Then say for example you then get beaten up on Friday night and come and tell me on Saturday morning. Ill know exactly what went on. But without a video of Dexter or voice recording how the hell do I go and prove that I knew it was Dexter.

Anyhoo theres your answer... sometimes you know stuff is happening but how do you prove it without making yourself look silly pointing the finger with no evidence. You cant so you just shut up.

** Disclaimer ** Dexter to my knowledge has never beaten anyone up and his name is just used as a popular name for the example above. If Dexter has/is going to beat anyone up I hope they hold a executive position at a Glasgow football establishment.

Guest GhostHunter
Say for example... Dexter says to me... 'Me and the boys are going to wear masks and beat Boris half to death on Friday night'. Then say for example you then get beaten up on Friday night and come and tell me on Saturday morning. Ill know exactly what went on. But without a video of Dexter or voice recording how the hell do I go and prove that I knew it was Dexter.

Anyhoo theres your answer... sometimes you know stuff is happening but how do you prove it without making yourself look silly pointing the finger with no evidence. You cant so you just shut up.

** Disclaimer ** Dexter to my knowledge has never beaten anyone up and his name is just used as a popular name for the example above. If Dexter has/is going to beat anyone up I hope they hold a executive position at a Glasgow football establishment.

See you on Friday night

:D

But it still isn't 100% fact that Dex and his cronies (ha!) beat me up. Rational to think so perhaps but not 100% fact.

I wonder if his performance may get a few more column inches than when he cheated us? Sent off for wearing an earing!! Never heard the likes again :confused:

Didnt the press basically say Jules deserved it for being stupid?

Just like they have all rounded on Thomson saying he deserved his knock for trying it on.....:(

john brownlee

ther will be one difference between our game in athens and the game at hunbox

:5643::5643::5643::5643:

loveofthegame

I was at the game in Athens. By the time he awarded them there penalty i was just laughing. Laughing in disgust, but laughing.

The single most corrupt officiating i have ever witnessed. Disgusting. So so angry that night. But what a noise we continued to make, there fans weren't very happy at the end because we were still singing so loud! Anyone there will remember them trying to launch bottles etc at us but they were too far too reach us- still they wouldn't give up.... and everytime one of them ran to throw something we'd be going 'oooooooooo' and as it missed 'WHHHEEYYYY' !! Brilliant. Wound them up a treat.

To get back to the point may i point out that this ref has previously been BANNED for corruption. An absolute joke that he was ever allowed to referee again

Archived