Chinese Rat?

Jeremy beagle

Jeremy beagle

From the Scotsman,

"DEREK Riordan was last night on the verge of a stunning career move after flying to China for talks with Super League outfit Shaanxi Chanba."

The Chinese Rat Boy though is not sounding too sure,

"I'm looking forward to possibly trying something different and we'll see how it goes before I decide what I'm going to do."

30k a week. Someone should tell poor Chanba about what they are letting themselves in for.

Matthew Le Tissier

Cant ever see him leaving the UK. He would be lost with out his wee ned crew. I reckon he will end up in the Blue Square Prem with someone like Southport or Darlington lol

Guest Bilel Mohsni

He could be a big hit every Chinese year of the Rat. They could call him Wan Ayi Us.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

From this morning's daily record

"As he prepared to fly to China yesterday, he said: "I do need to get out of Edinburgh, it's difficult for me there just to go out for a quiet drink. I always get hassled by people.

"Being a Hibs fan I get Hearts fans coming up to me. Coming from Edinburgh doesn't help. It's the same for Celtic and Rangers players when they go out in Glasgow, they get it hard.

"But for me I'm not allowed in nightclubs, basically. You still try and go into pubs or bars but they just give you an excuse and knock you back. There isn't anything you can do - and I get the blame for it.

"I'm 28 and, like anybody at my age, I'd like to go out for a quiet pint now and again.

"Whether you play football or do any other job, sometimes you want to go out at night for drinks. At the end of the day there are players who do a lot worse than me and don't get recognised.

"That's part of my thinking with this move. It would be great to go somewhere no one knows me. I could maybe then go out in the town or city and do what I want.

"Edinburgh is just a wee place and everybody knows everybody's business."

Thats right Deek its all everybody elses fault not your own...

Maroon 1874

"As he prepared to fly to China yesterday, he said: "I do need to get out of Edinburgh, it's difficult for me there just to go out for a quiet drink. I always get hassled by people.

"Being a Hibs fan I get Hearts fans coming up to me. Coming from Edinburgh doesn't help. It's the same for Celtic and Rangers players when they go out in Glasgow, they get it hard.

"But for me I'm not allowed in nightclubs, basically. You still try and go into pubs or bars but they just give you an excuse and knock you back. There isn't anything you can do - and I get the blame for it.

"I'm 28 and, like anybody at my age, I'd like to go out for a quiet pint now and again.

"Whether you play football or do any other job, sometimes you want to go out at night for drinks. At the end of the day there are players who do a lot worse than me and don't get recognised.

"That's part of my thinking with this move. It would be great to go somewhere no one knows me. I could maybe then go out in the town or city and do what I want.

Aye you do that ratboy and see what happens :lol:

Denny Crane

Can't imagine what the Chinese cops would do with a drunken ned...... :whistling:

Professional footballer and his top priority is making sure he can get out on the town for a bevvy. Totally twisted.

Do you think it has ever even flashed thruogh his tiny mind that if he stopped trying to go out on the town and concentrated on his football, he might just have used his talent to make it big? Then retire at 32 and do all the bevvying and fighting you want with squids in the bank.

Prick.

who would of funk it? the scabby wee racist scurrying away to refugeeland.

i would give him about 4 months and he'll be squealing to be released.

Fort Vallance

30 grand a week? He would be mad not to do that.

He's just mad enough not to

rossthejambo

What a prat. Shudder to think how long it'll be before he's back on loan at Hibs after "failing to settle"

Professional footballer and his top priority is making sure he can get out on the town for a bevvy. Totally twisted.

Do you think it has ever even flashed thruogh his tiny mind that if he stopped trying to go out on the town and concentrated on his football, he might just have used his talent to make it big? Then retire at 32 and do all the bevvying and fighting you want with squids in the bank.

Prick.

Spot on :thumbsup:

Tasavallan

30k a week.

I thought china was still Communist? Looks like they've gone Capitalist if they are willing to pay the likes of Ratboy that sort of money.

Just a joke, as Ratboy couldn't even handle a move along the M8 never mind a move half way across the world. Not as good as the money he is looking for.

I still believe (like the Houston offer) that they are being spun by his agent to try and drum up interest nearer home.

They eat rats... don't they? :whistling::P

who? the riordan family?

yes, yes i imagine they do.

Stewart MacD

"..somewhere nobody knows me." Sure son, you will be able to blend in - totally inconspicuous.

who? the riordan family?

yes, yes i imagine they do.

I'd never heard them accused of cannibalism before.

I'd never heard them accused of cannibalism before.

who? rattus rattus or rattus riordanus?

who? rattus rattus or rattus riordanus?

rattus riordanus. Are they sufficiently closely related to common rats that it would count as cannibalism if they ate one?

vegas-voss

"But for me I'm not allowed in nightclubs, basically. You still try and go into pubs or bars but they just give you an excuse and knock you back. There isn't anything you can do - and I

get the blame for it.

"Whether you play football or do any other job, sometimes you want to go out at night for drinks. At the end of the day there are players who do a lot worse than me and don't get

recognised.

"That's part of my thinking with this move. It would be great to go somewhere no one knows

me. I could maybe then go out in the town or city and do what I want.

******* hell deciding your next move on wether you can get out for a pint or not.

rattus riordanus. Are they sufficiently closely related to common rats that it would count as cannibalism if they ate one?

i should say so. it is the giant variety of rattus rattus. although it is believed that this sub-species is less socially sophisticated, and tends to carry a far worse strain of bubonic plague.

******* hell deciding your next move on wether you can get out for a pint or not.

Someone needs to trick him into signing for a Saudi team. No beer and a brutal criminal justice system - and he's too thick to realise that until he's there.

The disapointing thing is when the Chinese think of the Scottish people now their first opinion of us will be unfortunatly that skummy lad! :/

LeylandJambo

The disapointing thing is when the Chinese think of the Scottish people now their first opinion of us will be unfortunatly that skummy lad! :/

Spot on mate. I shudder to think that a prick like him could be representing Scotland

Not being funny but he is electronically tagged and has more minor convictions than Paris Hilton.

He wont be allowed out the ******* country!

The use of the words "beer", "pint" and "going out for a" seemed to feature quite a bit in that little paragraph.

What a jakey little Hibs runt. Not interested in actually playing football at all....only interested in making a few bob "fur the bairn" and being able to "go oot where naebuddy kens me likesay".

Goldstone Wonder

A pint ?

Don't you mean Vodka and Orange juice you little poof.

His drink of choice was a double Jagerbomb last week!

Great to be ITK about something.......

Vlad-Stupid

His drink of choice was a double Jagerbomb last week!

Great to be ITK about something.......

Double Gayger bomb more like

chester copperpot

Double Gayger bomb more like

:laugh:

I hope Jonesy smashes his lights oot if he ever sees him in X'ian

First time he misbehaves on a night out over there, he'll end in down the salt mines for 30 years. :thumbsup:

First time he misbehaves on a night out over there, he'll end in down the salt mines for 30 years. :thumbsup:

Yup!.. the law isnay as soft over there as it is here like... oh how id love to here him getting banged up over there haha

cardboardcutout

The Chinese are of course famous for their relaxed approach to public disorder. :lol:

If anyone meets him just tell him that tianeman square is the best place to get tanked up!!

He could also make money gambling, Chinese football, i'm led to believe, is corrupt as hell...

stirlingshirejambo

He could also make money gambling, Chinese football, i'm led to believe, is corrupt as hell...

If this is true and no doubt to disbelieve I'm very surprised he had the balls to go for it.

He will take the money for 6 months then come back to SPL saying he enjoyed the break but was missing home

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?213053-Riordan-Signs-For-Shaanxi-Chanba.

He has been offered a ?30k per week contract, has until tomorrow when the chinese transfer windows shuts to decide.

Cash wise yes but I wouldn't be surprised if he's back with his tails between his legs soon,- but with probably nowhere to go.

Garry O'Connor couldn't hack Moscow which is more culturally akin to us and a lot closer to home.

And I'd imagine O'Connor is significantly brighter and more reciptable different lifestyles than Riordan, by a long chalk.

Good luck to him.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I always thought Riordan seemed a bit brighter than Gazz... However I have caught fish that are more inteligent than O'Connor so...

Garry O'Connor couldn't hack Moscow which is more culturally akin to us and a lot closer to home.

And I'd imagine O'Connor is significantly brighter and more reciptable different lifestyles than Riordan, by a long chalk.

Said on the other thread. Xi'an is an amazing city. Good on him for taking the opportunity tbh. Didn't think he would.

Also Riordan is a wee ned but he is not nessecerily thick. That said I doubt his mentality to be able to cut it over there. Time to sink or swim.

I always thought Riordan seemed a bit brighter than Gazz... However I have caught fish that are more inteligent than O'Connor so...

I suppose it's a bit like comparing Quorn food types.

Might look different and it is different cr@p swept off different floors, but all tasteless just the same.

theschoolend

Good place for him. Apparently Rafael Scheidt played for them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coburg Hearts

Cash wise yes but I wouldn't be surprised if he's back with his tails between his legs soon,- but with probably nowhere to go.

He is of the long-tailed rat variety, so no problems there. :yucky:

Archived