Player Ratings vs East Fife

Only a Game

Only a Game

Hope I dont miss anyone out

Here goes

Balogh 5 Good saves combined with some bombscare stuff

Hamill 7 Made a lot of space for himself. Didnt produce a lot going forward but very comfortable on the ball and knew what he was about

Webster 6 A bit too laid back at times

Zaliukas 5 Heart doesnt look in it to me, although it was a pre-season friendly

Wallace 7 Several good runs down the left and a well taken goal

Stevenson 4 Out of position. Didnt do a lot

Mroweic. 3 Out of his depth even at this level

Black 6 The best of a pretty static looking central midfield first half

Touill (sp) 5 Needs to keep it simple. Good first touch and lay off when he did so.

Sutton 5 Will take time to settle I think. Not a game to judge him on

Elliott 6 Looks fit and busy but neither he nor Sutton got a lot of service

Thomson 6 Did okay getting forward quite a bit

Barr 5 Not sure about him at centre half

McGowan 7 Pretty assured. No worries for centre half cover this season, he'll definitely do.

Grainger 7 Pleasantly surprised. Quick on the overlap, decent defensively and a superb free kick for his goal

Novikovas 7 Needs to see the wizard to get a heart but he's a great footballer.

Obua 6 Sat deep, played it simple. Done a few tricks. Pretty good game but switches off too easily when he hasnt got the ball

Robinson 7 Not as prominent as Holt but still a pretty good game

Holt 8 Being slightly built is his only downfall. A very good game from a very good player in the making

Templeton 8 On fire already. Very good game

Smith 5 Not sure he appreciated being on his own up front

Summary

Youth, mobility, hunger, cleverness and talent JJ. Its the way forward.

Chris Benoit

Here goes

Hamill 7 Made a lot of space for himself. Didnt produce a lot going forward but very comfortable on the ball and knew what he was about

Touill (sp) 5 Needs to keep it simple. Good first touch and lay off when he did so.

McGowan 7 Pretty assured. No worries for centre half cover this season, he'll definitely do.

Grainger 7 Pleasantly surprised. Quick on the overlap, decent defensively and a superb free kick for his goal

Obua 6 Sat deep, played it simple. Done a few tricks. Pretty good game but switches off too easily when he hasnt got the ball

Holt 8 Being slightly built is his only downfall. A very good game from a very good player in the making

Summary

Pretty much agree would mark up Obua to a 7 maybe Black too who with Wallace were the only ones to get pass marks first half imo

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

Anyone else agree that the second midfield looks much, much better than the first one?

Kello

Hammil

Judas *****

Zaliukas

Wallace

Arvy

Holt

Robinson

Temps

Sutton

Elliott

That sort of thing?

Far too strong for Rangers, that's for sure.

Same again please barman. Make it a double.

Only a Game

Anyone else agree that the second midfield looks much, much better than the first one?

Kello

Hammil

Judas *****

Zaliukas

Wallace

Arvy

Holt

Robinson

Temps

Sutton

Elliott

That sort of thing?

Not much protection for the back four in that line up, not sure Robinson could cope with that workload on his own just yet so we'd have to sacrifice a striker to maybe accommodate McGowan or someone like that in the holding role, but yes, its a footballing midfield and we'd keep the ball a hell of a lot better than we have been doing.

I missed the first 10 mins so ratings based on the 80mins i watched.

Balogh 8 Safe pair of hands and 3 great saves.

Hamill 6 Keen to get forward

Webster 5 Too casual

Zaliukas 5 Can do better

Wallace 6 Too casual with distribution from defence, good run for goal.

Mroweic 4 Not involved enough

Black 4 Bossed by East Fife midfield. (nice tan though)

Stevenson 4 As Black

Tauill (sp?) 5 Some neat footwork but not a loy more

Elliott 5 Poor service but worked hard

Sutton 5 As Elliott

Thomson J 5 Usual Thomson

McGowan 6 Couple of errors but ok

Barr 6 Nothing spectacular or bad, kept it simple

Grainger 6 Great free kick, decent link up play in opposition half, but suspect defending.

Obua 7 Did the simple things well and let the other do the running about

Robinson 7 Drove the ball forward with purpose

Holt 7 Played well, unspectacular but well

Novikovas 7 Ran at the defenders, stood up to the challenges and tracked/tackled back.

Templeton 7 Tormented them, hardlines with effort, after great run, that led to Novis goal.

Smith 7 On his own up front, but intellegent runs made space for collegues. Hardlines with header.

I hope JJ can find a way to play more football players in midfield than 'industrial' players.

Balogh 6 Safe pair of hands.

Hamill 8 Kept running, sharp eye, lively, took a chance on goal or two, which is good to see.

Webster 6 Cool, calm and collected and solid as ever. He and Wallace are the best we have at the back.

Zaliukas 6 Nothing spectacular, solid.

Wallace 7 Drove forward, just what I expected of him. Got a goal to avoid being a 6.

Mroweic 6 Good cover for the back. He's not flash, just Adrian, and its always good to balance like that.

Black 6 Done all right, took a good dig at goal, unfortunate not to score. Played well overall.

Stevenson 5 Right wing is NOT a place for him. Done his best though in the circumstances.

Taouil 6 All right, nice feet work. Kind of lived up to what I expected, which from what my Killie mates had said, was not as much as others here have thought of him. Bit slow to see a pass imo, probs best stick with Driver/Temps/Novi tbh.

Elliott 5 Unlucky night, looked frustrated and unsettled. Probably adapting to the pure striker role he never really had last season and a strike partner.

Sutton 6 Looked good. Only a friendly, but looked all right. Looks like he and Elliott could develop the understanding needed for a good partnership.

2nd XI

Thomson J 8 Thought he looked good. Best I've ever seen him. If Thommo is away we could get by with him, Jonsson and Hammil fine.

McGowan 7 Looked as good there as he does in the middle. East Fife did probe toward the end and he looked calm and solid.

Barr 6 No thrills defender. Will be fine if he gets a proper run for us. Just a normal Scottish centre back tbh.

Grainger 6 Meh, good goal. All round? Not as good as Wallace, makes me hope Wallace stays!

Obua 5 Don't really care about him anymore, would have gotten shot of him last season. Looked good for him, but thought that he would be better at the lower league level than SPL from that.

Robinson 7 Looked good, runs a lot. Seems like a good wee attacking midfielder, runs forward, could be a home made charger type that folk have wanted.

Holt 6 Young, needs time to develop, maybe even 6 months on loan to get experience. Really pacey though so hopefully he'll develop further.

Novikovas 7 Looked good at right wing, cutting in and shooting at goal. Good wee player, made me ask why we signed Taouil. Then again early in the pre-season and Taouil has SPL experience.

Templeton 7 Drove forward,usual stuff tbh, played on the left. He on the left and Driver/Novi/Suso on the right would work well in a 4-5-1/4-3-3 type system. Worth a try against non-OF side next season.

Smith 5 Loan striker, not a great or stand out performance, all right. Pretty average game.

Hammil and Sutton best of the new signings tonight.

Robinson, Novi and Holt best of the young guns getting a run.

Magic Numbers

You guys have all forgotten about Matty Park, Mark Ridgers & Robert Ogleby in your player ratings!!!

How did our loan stars get on then???

Just a pre-season I appreciate and lots of new players but I did think the first half team looked a little unbalanced in midfield. Lack of service as mentioned to Sutton and Elliot but I do think that pair have real potential this season.

When you consider Templeton, Driver, Novikovas and Taouil (although I suggest a more central role for him) can provide width and the lad Robinson looks like another central attacking option from Midfield it looks like we could see a real attacking team this year (more at tynie I suspect)

Defensively I think we are sorted, thought Barr looked decent and the full backs all contibuted.

Robinson I think looks the pick of the youngsters, Holt still needs time imo.

Just a pre-season I appreciate and lots of new players but I did think the first half team looked a little unbalanced in midfield. Lack of service as mentioned to Sutton and Elliot but I do think that pair have real potential this season.

When you consider Templeton, Driver, Novikovas and Taouil (although I suggest a more central role for him) can provide width and the lad Robinson looks like another central attacking option from Midfield it looks like we could see a real attacking team this year (more at tynie I suspect)

Defensively I think we are sorted, thought Barr looked decent and the full backs all contibuted.

Robinson I think looks the pick of the youngsters, Holt still needs time imo.

Our midfield is a concern. If we don't sign anyone, I think its imperative Denis or Robinson be given a run. Mrowiec is simply not good enough. Black and Eggy are OK but I'm not sure they'd be good enough to control games on a consistent basis. Stevo, I've not decided in a midfield role. Has everything he should need, so with the right partner, could do OK.

Our midfield is a concern. If we don't sign anyone, I think its imperative Denis or Robinson be given a run. Mrowiec is simply not good enough. Black and Eggy are OK but I'm not sure they'd be good enough to control games on a consistent basis. Stevo, I've not decided in a midfield role. Has everything he should need, so with the right partner, could do OK.

I agree with this, wide midfield is well covered, its that pivitol role in central midfield we need to fill, Black I think does a job - and must be a nightmare to play against but lacks vision and awareness at times. We cant expect young lads to play a full season - through injuries and suspensions we did that with Templeton last season and he struggled for the final 3rd, not his fault and he will do better this season.

I agree with this, wide midfield is well covered, its that pivitol role in central midfield we need to fill, Black I think does a job - and must be a nightmare to play against but lacks vision and awareness at times. We cant expect young lads to play a full season - through injuries and suspensions we did that with Templeton last season and he struggled for the final 3rd, not his fault and he will do better this season.

Temps isn't that young remember! Agree in the sense it was his 1st full season though. His biggest problem was his success - teams started targeting him and we basically didn't have a plan B.

In fact, if we got that passing midfield role sorted, it would be a massive weight off Temps' shoulders and allow him to play more. We need someone who can draw the opposition in or drag them around a bit. It was far too easy for teams to double up on Temps last season.

Blackie would appear to have it in the locker. Those 8 or 9 games around Nov/Dec last year he was excellent. The New Year Derby in particular was a lesson in midfield play. I just don't think he has the mentality to have consistency. It's all about him and his wee crusades and niggles. He's basically too much of a wee nyaff to have the cool head required in that position.

I suppose you never know, Big Denis might just come in and "own" the position. Who plays alongside him!?!??!??!? Wonder if Mehdi can play as part of a two in midfield or if he needs the protection of 2 others?

Fort Vallance

Here goes

Summary

I wasn't there. No Rudi ?

Temps isn't that young remember! Agree in the sense it was his 1st full season though. His biggest problem was his success - teams started targeting him and we basically didn't have a plan B.

In fact, if we got that passing midfield role sorted, it would be a massive weight off Temps' shoulders and allow him to play more. We need someone who can draw the opposition in or drag them around a bit. It was far too easy for teams to double up on Temps last season.

Blackie would appear to have it in the locker. Those 8 or 9 games around Nov/Dec last year he was excellent. The New Year Derby in particular was a lesson in midfield play. I just don't think he has the mentality to have consistency. It's all about him and his wee crusades and niggles. He's basically too much of a wee nyaff to have the cool head required in that position.

I suppose you never know, Big Denis might just come in and "own" the position. Who plays alongside him!?!??!??!? Wonder if Mehdi can play as part of a two in midfield or if he needs the protection of 2 others?

I think in terms of SPL experience he's young, it was a demanding season and I thought a rest was what he needed.

I know this might not be well received but it's just an observation not a critism, I thought Rudi was the reason they could double up on Temps. Basically teams choose not to mark him as he drifts in and out of games and comes in of the wing into to central positions which in turn gave them a spare man to push across onto to temps - or stop the ball into Rudi which gave us a square pass to temps, leaving him square on to two defenders. I think that goes back to your point that a ball player who can move it quickly through midfield is required.

Taouil looks more of a central player to me, as tricky as he is I think he's a little predictable down the wing, however I'm not sure we can accomadate him and two wingers without the cover of two more defensive midfielders - problem there is its either a lone striker - not ideal or 3 at the back and that would worry me more. Oh to be JJ eh !!

I think in terms of SPL experience he's young, it was a demanding season and I thought a rest was what he needed.

I know this might not be well received but it's just an observation not a critism, I thought Rudi was the reason they could double up on Temps. Basically teams choose not to mark him as he drifts in and out of games and comes in of the wing into to central positions which in turn gave them a spare man to push across onto to temps - or stop the ball into Rudi which gave us a square pass to temps, leaving him square on to two defenders. I think that goes back to your point that a ball player who can move it quickly through midfield is required.

Taouil looks more of a central player to me, as tricky as he is I think he's a little predictable down the wing, however I'm not sure we can accomadate him and two wingers without the cover of two more defensive midfielders - problem there is its either a lone striker - not ideal or 3 at the back and that would worry me more. Oh to be JJ eh !!

Not badly received from me in the slightest. Insightful if anything, RT. Rudi's an enigma and probably a manager's nightmare. Do you play him in the hope he scores a goal or do you play someone who effects the play-by-play more? Tough call.

I'd maaybe like us to play the 98 formation - 3 midfielders, 1 winger, a forward who drifts in from wide and a target man.

Salvatori - Denis/Eggy

Fulton - Taouil/Stevo

Mickey - Robinson/Holt

Fergus - Temps/Driver/Suso/Arvy

Adam/Tam - Elliott/Temps

Hammy/Adam - Sutton/Kyle

I suppose it would be Rudi or Taouil for the Fulton role, maybe a bit further forward in Rudi's case certainly. But I think the plan is for Mehdi to keep the ball moving and get involved - basically do what we're discussing, allow Temps to play. Not sure Rudi would do that. What an option on the bench though!!

I guess the thing is it's horses for courses. Rudi will always score goals and be effective, win us games against St Mirrens and the like and he's valuable for that if nothing else. He has spark and a left peg made by Zeus himself*.

*Edit: Almost as good as mine, in fact!

Looking at those two teams then add in the missing, Kyle, Driver, Skacel, Kello, MacDonald, Jonsson, C.Thomson, Glen, Elliot, Dennis, then we really have to be moving players on.

Looking at those two teams then add in the missing, Kyle, Driver, Skacel, Kello, MacDonald, Jonsson, C.Thomson, Glen, Elliot, Dennis, then we really have to be moving players on.

We do but who? And it just won't happen until contracts end. Teams just aint in the transfer fee market and I doubt we'll be paying anyone off.

I personally think we should be diong everything we can to offload Black and, obv, Thomson. I know this might seem crass, but if Black is found guilty of anything, I think it should be used to reduce numbers and let a player go who I don't see as anything special.

Of who played last night only really Mrowiec jumps out as someone I don't think is necessarily good enough.

We do but who? And it just won't happen until contracts end. Teams just aint in the transfer fee market and I doubt we'll be paying anyone off.

I personally think we should be diong everything we can to offload Black and, obv, Thomson. I know this might seem crass, but if Black is found guilty of anything, I think it should be used to reduce numbers and let a player go who I don't see as anything special.

Of who played last night only really Mrowiec jumps out as someone I don't think is necessarily good enough.

I forgot to add Suso to list of missing players.

We have far to many 'average' players for my liking.

I forgot to add Suso to list of missing players.

We have far to many 'average' players for my liking.

Including Suso? Think he's good.

I agree with you to be honest. Unfortunately we have a few who are much of a muchness but under contract

Stupid Sexy Flanders

The young laddies were excellent last night, some really nice stuff from Holt, Robinson, Temps, Arvy and Smith. Also thought Darren Barr looked assured and (accepting that I'm biased) I'd have him in the team ahead of Andy "didn't win a header all night" Webster any day of the week.

Still think hearts need to get there hands on another centre back before the end of the trasfer window because i'd have to say i'd cringing if i heard hearts had to rely on that Mroweic at the back if say Webby was crocked o.O

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Still think hearts need to get there hands on another centre back before the end of the trasfer window because i'd have to say i'd cringing if i heard hearts had to rely on that Mroweic at the back if say Webby was crocked o.O

Why would we when we've got Barr and McGowan?

You guys have all forgotten about Matty Park, Mark Ridgers & Robert Ogleby in your player ratings!!!

How did our loan stars get on then???

I thought Park did pretty well winning the ball and getting down the left. Made it hard for hamill and stevenson to get down the line. Went off at 1-0 and I think the sub struggled with novikovas down the right.

Didnt have a great view for the first goal so not sure if Ridgers was beaten at his near post. He looked fairly solid, was beaten by a good freekick and a temps shot that hit the post and fell to novi. Made a good save from smith to put it on the post, thought he looked good.

Ogleby looked very good in the half time warm up :teehee: scored some great goals, as for the game, couldnt beat barr and mcgowan who were good in the middle.

Not badly received from me in the slightest. Insightful if anything, RT. Rudi's an enigma and probably a manager's nightmare. Do you play him in the hope he scores a goal or do you play someone who effects the play-by-play more? Tough call.

I'd maaybe like us to play the 98 formation - 3 midfielders, 1 winger, a forward who drifts in from wide and a target man.

Salvatori - Denis/Eggy

Fulton - Taouil/Stevo

Mickey - Robinson/Holt

Fergus - Temps/Driver/Suso/Arvy

Adam/Tam - Elliott/Temps

Hammy/Adam - Sutton/Kyle

I suppose it would be Rudi or Taouil for the Fulton role, maybe a bit further forward in Rudi's case certainly. But I think the plan is for Mehdi to keep the ball moving and get involved - basically do what we're discussing, allow Temps to play. Not sure Rudi would do that. What an option on the bench though!!

I guess the thing is it's horses for courses. Rudi will always score goals and be effective, win us games against St Mirrens and the like and he's valuable for that if nothing else. He has spark and a left peg made by Zeus himself*.

*Edit: Almost as good as mine, in fact!

I tell you what listing that team against todays squad puts a lot in prespective. You think of the stick Fulton used to get and look who we suggest could now play that role, neither could get near (admitedly a fully fit) Baggio. Cameron and Salvatori - both class acts. McCann - I think Driver is the one who had the real potential to be better than McCann fingers crossed he can get fit again and prove it, Temps I think will push on but possibily suffer from the same inconsistency McCann had but on his day a match winner. Adam - doubt Elliot can be the new Adam but he has goals in him, Hamilton is the only one I'd suggest can be matched by either Kyle or hopefully Sutton.

Tam Flogel - now there is another enigma, could play anywhere but I could never quite work out where he was at his best. Although his ability to slide in for a ball, take it clean and come out standing up with the ball at his feet was worth the entrance fee alone.

Rudi for me is the talisman the club has lacked for a few years, he can play, he's a great ambassador and he is a hero to many - coming off the bench this year may be his role but what a lift it will give the crowd and the team when he does.

I tell you what listing that team against todays squad puts a lot in prespective. You think of the stick Fulton used to get and look who we suggest could now play that role, neither could get near (admitedly a fully fit) Baggio. Cameron and Salvatori - both class acts. McCann - I think Driver is the one who had the real potential to be better than McCann fingers crossed he can get fit again and prove it, Temps I think will push on but possibily suffer from the same inconsistency McCann had but on his day a match winner. Adam - doubt Elliot can be the new Adam but he has goals in him, Hamilton is the only one I'd suggest can be matched by either Kyle or hopefully Sutton.

Tam Flogel - now there is another enigma, could play anywhere but I could never quite work out where he was at his best. Although his ability to slide in for a ball, take it clean and come out standing up with the ball at his feet was worth the entrance fee alone.

Rudi for me is the talisman the club has lacked for a few years, he can play, he's a great ambassador and he is a hero to many - coming off the bench this year may be his role but what a lift it will give the crowd and the team when he does.

Can't disagree with much of that Rudi.

I guess the hope is that Denis, Holt and Robinson can be as good as or better than that midfield. I hold out hope for Stevo too - he has ability. What's clear to me is that Black, Mrowiec and, sadly, though I'll be happy to be wrong here, Eggy will never be that good.

I suppose it's silly to compare every player to that team. Hard not to though, isn't it! I agree that Driver and Temps have what it takes to be better than McCann. On his day, Suso does too. And if we can get what Arvy has to offer out of him, he can be one of the best we've ever seen imo. Massive jump of the gun, but the lad just oozes ability.

I guess the hope is that Denis, Holt and Robinson can be as good as or better than that midfield. I hold out hope for Stevo too - he has ability. What's clear to me is that Black, Mrowiec and, sadly, though I'll be happy to be wrong here, Eggy will never be that good.

I suppose it's silly to compare every player to that team. Hard not to though, isn't it! I agree that Driver and Temps have what it takes to be better than McCann. On his day, Suso does too. And if we can get what Arvy has to offer out of him, he can be one of the best we've ever seen imo. Massive jump of the gun, but the lad just oozes ability.

Black and Mrowiec both played there part last year - but if we want to push on we have to find better. I suppose it comes down to JJ's tactics but as I've said Black can do a job but he's limited. Jonsson's position must be under threat - in that he doesn't really have one, full back is covered, wide midfield is covered and he certainly looks like 2nd choice to Black and Mrowiec in central midfield as it stands - perhaps they have plans to get him further forward.

I have to say I'm not a suso fan, I can see what he's trying to do I just think the final product is missing and very much a confidence player, with all the wide men at the club now he'll need to perform every week to stand a chance of a good run in the team.

Arvy, ability wise outstanding, need to toughen him up a little, I don't think he'd have stood up to the treatment temps took last year.

Black and Mrowiec both played there part last year - but if we want to push on we have to find better. I suppose it comes down to JJ's tactics but as I've said Black can do a job but he's limited. Jonsson's position must be under threat - in that he doesn't really have one, full back is covered, wide midfield is covered and he certainly looks like 2nd choice to Black and Mrowiec in central midfield as it stands - perhaps they have plans to get him further forward.

I have to say I'm not a suso fan, I can see what he's trying to do I just think the final product is missing and very much a confidence player, with all the wide men at the club now he'll need to perform every week to stand a chance of a good run in the team.

Arvy, ability wise outstanding, need to toughen him up a little, I don't think he'd have stood up to the treatment temps took last year.

Probably not, but he's 3 years younger, so has time on his side in that respect. I think he just needs a spark. Apparently a shy lad who just finds it hard to get "Up for it". Don't think it's toughness in a physical sense. I'm sure JJs had him kicked up and down in training to see if he can take it!!! Apparently untuochable at training btw - runs rings round everyone!

We'll see what happens I suppose. I don't think he was helped by the ridiculous law which meant he couldn't play for the u19s last season even though he was only 18 at the start of the season. And with no reserve league, it just doesn't help. McInnes at StJ just thought he couldn't quite trust him in a footballing sense - maybe again to do with his apparent lack of enthusiasm. Maybe just the lad's nature though and as long as he does it on the park, who cares if he's torn-pussed!

I don't think Driver will ever be half the player McCann was, even if he stays injury free for the rest of his career and never misses another game. I think Templeton could be as good though.

I don't think Driver will ever be half the player McCann was, even if he stays injury free for the rest of his career and never misses another game. I think Templeton could be as good though.

Driver is better than Temps imo. Different types of player but fit and on-song, i think Driver gives more. Temps may add to his game mind you

Tommy Wiseau

:cornette:

I agree that Driver and Temps have what it takes to be better than McCann. On his day, Suso does too.

:what:

:what:

take it the suso bit? Fergus was a grat wee player but there are a lot of rose tinted specs. He was inconsistent like most wingers.

Suso's a cracking wee player and on his day as good as any winger at the club imo. He may have less days than them is the thing although his consistency 1st half of the season was excellent.

If he hadn't had those injuries last season, I honestly think he'd have been pushing for our POTY just behind Kello.

I'm not saying he's as good as McCann overall

take it the suso bit. Fergus was a grat wee player but there are a lot of rose tinted specs. He was inconsistent like most wingers.

Suso's a cracking wee player and on his day as good as any winger at the club imo. He may have less days than them is the thing although his consistency 1st half of the season was excellent.

If he hadn't had those injuries last season, I honestly think he'd have been pushing for our POTY just behind Kello

So Suso at his best is better than McCann at his worst? That is what your saying?

In that case Callum Elliot could be better than Wayne Rooney.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

take it the suso bit? Fergus was a grat wee player but there are a lot of rose tinted specs. He was inconsistent like most wingers.

If he hadn't had those injuries last season, I honestly think he'd have been pushing for our POTY just behind Kello.

I'm not saying he's as good as McCann overall

Suso is a cracking wee player. One of our best. :thumbsup:

Tommy Wiseau

Suso's come on leaps and bounds since he arrived in Scotland, but even mentioning him in the same ballpark as McCann is off the chart. :lol:

Given what McCann achieved in his career at such a young age - and the ability he had, even comparing him to Temps and Driver is a bit much at this stage.

So Suso at his best is better than McCann at his worst? That is what your saying?

In that case Callum Elliot could be better than Wayne Rooney.

Haha, in a way, aye!

What I'm saying - badly - is that Suso has the ability and is capable of doing what McCann did. McCann was likelier to do it more often. I'm also saying that Suso can bring as much to the team as Temps if the management team choose the right player for that game. Probably Temps above Suso most weeks, but maybe on occasion, Suso can be used very effectively. He's a good player.

Driver better than them all imo. Needs to prove that tbf.

Suso's come on leaps and bounds since he arrived in Scotland, but even mentioning him in the same ballpark as McCann is off the chart. :lol:

Given what McCann achieved in his career at such a young age - and the ability he had, even comparing him to Temps and Driver is a bit much at this stage.

Yup - I'm trying to talk in future and hypothetical terms!

I think i submit anyway! White flag oot

Fair enough, but I do think people have fond memories of McCann because of maybe 5-8 outstanding performances - the League cup final being the best example, perhaps his game against Aberdeen early that season when in one movement he took out 4 Aberdeen players etc etc, however many many games he failed to beat his full back for 90mins, his corners where awful and some of his crossing was debatable at best, he also played in an outstanding Hearts side where he only had to go forward. With Camerons runs from deep there was space to operate in, Fulton could put a ball on a sixpence and Salvatori was a brick wall, not to mention the Gary Naysmith at full back. Not saying he was a bad player but imo Driver can be as good - templeton maybe.

Tommy Wiseau

Yup - I'm trying to talk in future and hypothetical terms!

I think i submit anyway! White flag oot

:lol:

If Suso was 21, I'd be more sympathetic tbh - but by that stage in McCann's career, he had 5 major trophies, more finals and a hatful of international caps under his tail. Suso has effectively had a half a season of ok to good performances in the SPL. They just don't compare.

:lol:

If Suso was 21, I'd be more sympathetic tbh - but by that stage in McCann's career, he had 5 major trophies, more finals and a hatful of international caps under his tail. Suso has effectively had a half a season of ok to good performances in the SPL. They just don't compare.

I'm no really bloody comparing them.

Aw this has got away from me.

I'm away!

To hell wi ye's

Suso rocks!

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Referring to Neil McCann as "Fergus" should be a ban-able offence IMO! It's tantamount to blasphemy!

The Gasman

Referring to Neil McCann as "Fergus" should be a ban-able offence IMO! It's tantamount to blasphemy!

IIRC it was actually his team mates who originally called him that! :D:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I agree with CFA in respect of it being really difficult to compare Suso with McCann. I don't necessarily think that is too much to Sus's detriment though.

McCann's international caps were well deserved and highlight his quality but Suso is not Scottish... Playing for his national side would be beyond far better players than Mr Santana!

Trophy wise, many worse players than Suso have medals as squad players at the OF... That's the nature of a league like ours. If it was a fair comparison then you would have to agree that Rangers are one of the best sides in the world, purely down to their trophy haul.

McCann had great pace too. Driver could be as quick right enough but Suso has nowhere near the top-end of Driver or McCann. Suso has good acceleration and the skills to beat more than one player at a time, Temps however admits himself that he struggles when doubled up on.

If Suso had the pace of Driver or McCann, he would be a sensational wee player in Scotland and would probably have a career down South for himself by now.

I also don't agree about him being poor to start with at Hearts, I think he was more a victim of the way Csaba made us play. Suso has always looked comfortable on the ball but has only recently had an opportunity to put that skill to good use.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

IIRC it was actually his team mates who originally called him that! :D:

It was Terry I always knew him as. To name one of our favourite players after a creepy wee Celtic man is awful!

Stupid Sexy Flanders

To go back to the game, and I've just remembered this happened and haven't noticed it being mentioned: Mrowiec could have been sent off after pulling down their striker, who was put through on goal after Mrowiec lost control of the ball.

He was probably only saved by the fact it was quite far out and only a friendly, but I wouldn't have been surprised to see him sent off in a competitive game.

Back to last nights game, i'd give the new away strip a generous 2 out of ten. Just didn't look right.

Archived