From Lolderwood to Irvine

adam1998

Gutted if Lolderwood leaves the Wee Team as he is useless and comes across as uninterested

If this Hobbo is correct in his prediction, will Alan Irvine be an improvement?

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?212887-Hibs-new-manager-(Alan-Irvine)

Believe we'll turn them over regardless of who is at the helm :thumbsup:

'Following the successful takeover by Milan Mandaric at the end of 2010, Irvine was allowed transfer funds to revamp his squad. Despite making several new signings, the team continued to have consistently poor results. On 3 February 2011, Wednesday sacked Irvine with the side lying 12th in League One'

That Alan Irvine!?

:pleasing:

Wouldn't get overly confident. I reckon Hibs have done all right on the signings front so far. Strengthening the defence, a proven threat up front and a wide player, all areas they need more and better. They've gotten rid of the guff, or most of it at least. But I still don't think they'll be challenging for third seriously, but they'll be better.

I don't think Calderwood will go. If he does then I reckon their replacement will be along the lines of Michael O'Neil or Terry Butcher. And either could do a job with them imo.

Wouldn't get overly confident. I reckon Hibs have done all right on the signings front so far. Strengthening the defence, a proven threat up front and a wide player, all areas they need more and better. They've gotten rid of the guff, or most of it at least. But I still don't think they'll be challenging for third seriously, but they'll be better.

I don't think Calderwood will go. If he does then I reckon their replacement will be along the lines of Michael O'Neil or Terry Butcher. And either could do a job with them imo.

hibs are fecking sheite.

If were meant to be shiting ourselves over a league one defender, a has been and a never been. Then I think I'll pass. :rolleyes:

3rd!? :lol: Only the hobos think they should be up there. They'll be down at the bottom and pish as ever.

FTH! :D

I seem to remember thinking he was very harshly treated by Preston at the time he was sacked. Not done anything of note in his managerial career to suggest he'd make Hibs a threat but surely he'd be an improvement on Calderwood. Which would be a shame! Either way, I don't really worry too much about what they do and prefer to focus on us.

If were meant to be shiting ourselves over a league one defender, a has been and a never been. Then I think I'll pass. :rolleyes:

3rd!? :lol: Only the hobos think they should be up there. They'll be down at the bottom and pish as ever.

FTH! :D

I'm not saying they'll get third, nor should we be overly scared either. But looking at it with an even mind then its clear that they'll be better than previous seasons, especially last. Definite top 6, probs 5th or 6th, maybe 7th if there are 4 teams in that area of near the top 6. O'Connor will come good, full pre-season under his belt, a pretty mediocre league out with 4 clubs, he'll get them goals. O'Hanlon has played in a better league for a few years, they've got a couple of blooded young guns coming into their own in the team so I don't think they'll be as bad as many here are making out. Hopefully, for a laugh, I'm wrong, but they and St.Mirren could be big shockers this season.

I reckon we'll finish 3rd, clear of 4th, with them lot about 5th or 6th.

Boab Mugabe

I think this classy gentleman is much more in touch with their fanbase. Encapsulates the lolbernian way.

LeylandJambo

Went to watch Preston a couple of times when Irvine was in charge there he had them playing some decent stuff the hobos could do a lot worse.

Did anyone else see Steve McLaren on SSN tonight?

"we want Colin, and Colin wants to come here..."

It's almost a done deal IMO

Hawick Jambo

I seriously can't see Butcher being interested.

O Neil or Jimmy Calderwood anyone ? Anyone know what McGhee is up to just now

Nookie Bear

I'm not saying they'll get third, nor should we be overly scared either. But looking at it with an even mind then its clear that they'll be better than previous seasons, especially last. Definite top 6, probs 5th or 6th, maybe 7th if there are 4 teams in that area of near the top 6. O'Connor will come good, full pre-season under his belt, a pretty mediocre league out with 4 clubs, he'll get them goals. O'Hanlon has played in a better league for a few years, they've got a couple of blooded young guns coming into their own in the team so I don't think they'll be as bad as many here are making out. Hopefully, for a laugh, I'm wrong, but they and St.Mirren could be big shockers this season.

Being open-minded, they have lost a striker with over 100 SPL goals and replaced him with Garry O'Fatty. O'Hanlon? Not bad and would take him as back up and I assume the 'young guns' you refer to are folk like Booth who is just another typical hibs youngster.......looks good for half a season but soon degenrates into mediocrity when the spotlight and expectation is on him. (a bit like McCann, McCluskey, Stevenson, Wotherspoon, Murray, Liam Miller, Byrne, Shiels, Hogg, Palsson etc etc etc etc etc).

By the way, I worry when I see any Hearts fan refer to hibs players as "blooded young guns". The conveyor belt is broke, the fountain is dry and the hibs are in their beds.

**** 'em.

I seriously can't see Butcher being interested.

O Neil or Jimmy Calderwood anyone ? Anyone know what McGhee is up to just now

They'd absolutely hate it, but I think Jimmy Calderwood would probably do OK for them.

Gods a Jambo

Jesus h christ.

I won't give you the abuse others will but I just can't see it. O'Connor is a risk. I happen to think a risk worth taking as if he gets his head right, he'll be one of the best forwards in the country.

It'll take more than one signing, including a goalie, to sort out their defense - they're pish right across it. And Sproule is the answer to nothing. A slap in the puss of Danny Galbraith if Sproule is ahead of him in the queue.

I don't think they'll be 10th again, but I don't think they'll be top 6 either.

They'd absolutely hate it, but I think Jimmy Calderwood would probably do OK for them.

Fleck me, Tango man...

We hated him as Dons manager, can you imagine the seethe fests to come if he joined the wee team!?

Archived